Battle of Feelings

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hospital

“Are you Song Ji Hyo-Ssi’s guardian?”

A sudden approach from a doctor made Jong-Kook stood up from his seat. He feels agitated and his muscles are so tense signing that he’s worried and anxious.

“I am her husband.” Jong-Kook nodded to the doctor. “How’s her condition?” He asked again impatiently.

The doctor let out a weak smile. “She fainted due to a sudden shock. It might not be dangerous but in some cases it might lead to anxiety disorder if it happens too frequent. I suggest you to let her stay in the hospital for one night.” The doctor explained.

A sigh of relief escaped from Jong-Kook’s lips once he heard that she’s okay. “Can I go in?” He asked.

The doctor nodded. “Please make sure not to be loud because she needs to rest and if she woke up please call me right away.”

Jong-Kook nodded as if he understood what did the doctor say. He said his thank you before the doctor went away. He reached the door knob and opened the door. He doesn’t understand why but his heart cracks when he looked at how pale Ji-Hyo’s face is. Her face is as white as paper that it hurts him knowing the fact that she’s laying there like a dead corpse. If he can choose, he’d rather be the one who’s laying down on the hospital bed instead of her. As what he said earlier, he might not love this woman but in front of God he swore that he will protect her. She’s part of his responsibility too.

Jong-Kook sighed sharply and sat on the chair beside the bed. He caressed her cheeks gently and removed few strands of hair that covered her hair. What has he done to her? Watching her laying helplessly made him guiltier than ever. His fingers moved to her hair and it gently as a father that’s trying to sooth his daughter.

“I’m sorry.” He uttered. His voice is so weak and sounds more like a whisper.

It’s so stressful for him and he only has one name inside his head for the cause of the attack. He walked to the corner and faced the window. His face turned dark and his jaw tightened as he gritted his teeth. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Dong-Hoon ah. I might need your help.” His hoarse voice was heard once the person he called picked up.

“Yes, Hyung?”

“There was an attack during the charity ball and I need you to investigate it. The men that were supposed to take care of my security are quite useless that they were paralyzed. I need more competent people.”

“What? All of the four that I assigned to you were all paralyzed? Just what happened?”

“I only have one name in mind. It’s Park Cheol Gwang and I’m sure his real target is me. I will tell you the whole story but not now as I’m in hospital now.”

“Are you hurt, hyung?”

 “I’m okay but Song Ji Hyo is not. She fainted.”

“What happened to her, hyung?”

“It’s a long story and what makes me uncomfortable is that how could Park Si Hoo appear out of nowhere at the ball? It’s suspicious. Make sure you check on him too.”

“I get it, hyung. I will handle this.”

Jong-Kook turned around when he heard a loud groan. He could see that Ji-Hyo opened her eyes and massaged her temple with her palm. He sighed in relief.

“Dong-Hoon ah. I got to go now. Give me a call once you got any information.”

He didn’t wait until Dong-Hoon replies but to hung up the phone right away. He ran to Ji-Hyo as he could see her struggling to sit down.

“Stop moving. I will call the doctor.” Said Jong-Kook and pressed the button near the bed to call the doctor.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t stop massaging her temple as she feels so dizzy and her surroundings are like spinning around.

“Where am I? I heard gunshot earlier but why am I here? I survived?” Her voice is so weak that he can barely hear it.

Jong-Kook exhaled and sat on the chair beside her bed. “You fainted.” He said.

Before she could ask further, she could hear the door being opened. A man with white gown entered and it must be the doctor. He came with a nurse. He did several check on Ji-Hyo to make sure if she’s really okay.

“I can see no strange symptoms and the reason why you fainted is purely because you are scared and shocked. If you feel better, I think you may discharge tomorrow. For now, I suggest you to have an adequate rest. If you feel anything strange like abnormal heartbeat, sweating, trembling or hyperventilation, please call me right away.” The doctor explained and Jong-Kook could see that the doctor is quite calm when explaining meaning that she will be okay.

As the doctor left her room, she tried her best to sit down again. Jong-Kook sighed at how stubborn she is. Didn’t she hear it earlier that the doctor asked her to take a rest? Jong-Kook held her hand and quickly placed a pillow behind her back. She pulled her hand forcefully from him and lean on the pillow. She looked at Jong-Kook as she has a lot of thing to ask.

“What was it? Just what kind of game are you trying to get me on?” She asked anxiously. She has been his wife for less than a month and she’s almost killed.

Jong-Kook exhaled sharply as he doesn’t where to start. “Didn’t I tell you earlier to stay away from Park Cheol Gwang? I told you to not accept his offer.” He replied and he sounded stressful.

Ji-Hyo dunked her head on his palm. How could her life become like this? “Just what happened between you and him?” She asked as she remembered the tension is quite heated between Jong-Kook and Park Cheol Gwang.

“I’m a businessman. Of course I have enemies that wanted to harm me which why I have need extra security. I have been so cautious since the beginning. As you have known and experienced the consequence, I hope you understand and won’t do the same stupid thing like this in the future.” Jong-Kook replied and he’s rather expressionless. He’s sounded more like giving warning than being worried.

Ji-Hyo looked at Jong-Kook disbelieve. Just how hopeless is this man? “Ya! For God sake! I am your wife and I was almost killed yet you are not showing any worries.” Ji-Hyo is so disappointed. She accepts the fact that he does not care for her but she’s almost killed and is this how he’s supposed to behave?

Jong-Kook is feeling so hopeless. He wanted to tell her that he was worried like hell about her. How could he even describe his feelings when he saw her lying on the bed unconsciously? Even he does, will she actually believe that he’s so anxious?

“You need to take a proper rest.” Jong-Kook tried to soften his gaze when he replied her. He’s guilty.

Ji-Hyo’s eyes widened as she remembered something from the incident. She panicked right away. “Where is Si-Hoo oppa? I need to see him.” She pushed the comforter away and tried to get off the bed.

Jong-Kook couldn’t be more stressful looking at how stubborn she is. He tried his best to push her back to her bed as he’s stopping her from going anywhere.

“Let go of me.” She shouted at him and struggled from freeing herself as she wanted to see Si-Hoo.

“Where is Si-Hoo oppa? I need to see him.” She looked at him and her eyes are bloodshot red as tears are pooling in her eyes. She remembered how Si-Hoo saved her and shot on his arm. She began struggling and hitting Jong-Kook as to release herself from him.

She began to shout as it’s so stressful for her that she couldn’t win from Jong-Kook’s strength. “Ya! Let go of me you bastard. I need to see Si-Hoo oppa.” She began to grab anything that she could reach and throw it at Jong-Kook.

Jong-Kook couldn’t help with her stubbornness anymore. If his strength couldn’t stop her, then he should use another way. He slowly pulls her towards his chest and caged her in his hug. His hands brushed through her hair gently as if he’s trying to calm her down.

For one second, Ji-Hyo is speechless. How could a hug from this cold man become so warm and comfortable?

“Park Si Hoo is okay as doctor said the bullet didn’t go too deep and it didn’t damage any of his veins. You are still so weak and need a lot of rest so please don’t be too stubborn.” Jong-Kook convinced softly as his fingers are still running through her hair.

This weird. Very weird indeed. Ji-Hyo’s tears started to stream down through her beautiful eyes. How could he sound so convincing and warm? It feels like she wanted to believe him no matter what he said. Due to his action, even if he said the moon is square now, it feels like she wanted to believe him too.

Jong-Kook sighed softly when he realized that her shoulders are shaking and trembling. She’s crying. For the first time ever she cried in front of him. It feels like the image of a rebellious girl who always try to provoke his anger vanished completely and the girl in his embrace right now is just an ordinary girl who needs somebody to protect her. He couldn’t understand why his heart ached when he sees her tears and his palms are rubbing her back to sooth her.

“Please don’t cry.” He said in the middle of her sobs. It hurts me to see you cry.

Ji-Hyo’s tears stopped eventually. Is it possible that she doesn’t want to let go of his warm embrace? She wanted to stay on that bulging arms of his. She wanted to keep inhaling his scent and make sure that he’s around her. She doesn’t get it why she felt so safe and secure in his arms. This strange feeling is a feeling that she has never experienced. Not even with Park Si Hoo.

Jong-Kook helped her to lay down once she’s calmer. He pulled the comforter until it covers her chest. “Sleep.” He said.

Ji-Hyo just obeyed. A little anxiety feeling kicks her right when she saw Jong-Kook was about walk away leaving her bed. With all of her strength, she tried to hold on to his arms.

“Don’t go.” She whispered and looked at him with her weak gaze.

Jong-Kook surrenders. Her eyes are like trying to tell him that she needs him. Looking at how weak she is, he doesn’t have heart to leave her too. “I’m just turning off the light. I’m not going anywhere.” He replied and walked towards the switch. He turned off the light and went back to sit on the chair beside her bed.

He could see that she has closed her eyes and that fingers of his couldn’t stop itself from brushing the few strands of hair that covered her beautiful face. He didn’t realize that his lips formed a light smile when he looked at her sleeping face. Although he’s tired too, it feels like he couldn’t go anywhere.

A harsh sunlight penetrated through the window which makes Ji-Hyo to open her eyes forcefully. She looked around and realized that she’s still hospitalized. However, she feels so much better. Her head is no more throbbing and dizzy like yesterday. She looked at the man who’s sleeping on sitting position beside her bed and a strange feelings lingered through her heart right away. A scene played inside her head as she tried to recall about how Jong-Kook treated last night. He was so warm and gentle as if he really cares for her. Is he really Kim Jong Kook? But how could it feel so different? The next thing she realized is that her right hand is intertwined to his. Does it mean he slept with his hand locking onto hers the whole night? As much as she wanted to move her hand, she doesn’t want to. He looked tired and it must be so uncomfortable for him to sleep in sitting position.

Could she be given the chance to stop the time for at least 2 minutes? She doesn’t want Kim Jong Kook to go back to his original self.

Although she wanted to look at him sleeping for a little bit longer, it seemed impossible. Kim Jong Kook started to open his eyes and woke up feeling his whole body hurts. He looked at their intertwined fingers and he quickly release it gently.

“How do you feel?” He asked with his flat face.

Ji-Hyo let out a soft sigh realizing that the warm and gentle Kim Jong Kook has gone. “I’m completely fine and please let me meet Si-Hoo oppa.” She replied but she didn’t look at him.

Jong-Kook rolled his eyes in annoyance. For God sake it’s still 8 in the morning why would she try to get into his nerve already. “Just do as you like.” He replied expressionless. He tried his best to make her comfortable but how does it feel like the only thing inside her head is Si-Hoo? It annoys him to death.

Ji-Hyo could care less. She reached the infusion needle and remove it right away. “Where is he?” She asked again.

Jong-Kook didn’t want to look at her as well. “Next door.” He replied shortly.

Ji-Hyo walked out from her room right away. She didn’t even look at Jong-Kook as she pretends that he didn’t exist. Jong-Kook let out a loud sigh as this girl is really beyond his expectation. He tried to recall what happened yesterday between them and it feels like he has gotten out of his mind. He was not drunk last night but how could he be so gentle to her? This is insane.

When a lot of things are going through his head, his phone rang. He took out his phone and answered it immediately. “Yes, Dong-Hoon ah. I get it. I’ll go now.” He said and once he hung up the phone, he looked at the empty bed for one last second and walked out from that room right away. A strange and uncomfortable feeling lingered through his body when she left the room to look for Park Si Hoo. He shouldn’t have care for her.

Ji-Hyo peeped through the glass door to check if what Jong-Kook said is true. She could see Si-Hoo is eating his breakfast and his left arm is bandaged. She didn’t think twice but to enter that room right away.

“Si-Hoo oppa!” She called and approached him right away.

Si-Hoo looked at his ex-girlfriend and smiled. “What are you doing here? You should have taken a proper rest instead of coming here.”

Ji-Hyo pushed his head playfully as how she usually did to him. “Ya! How could I rest properly when I know that you took that bullet for me? I don’t know what to say but thanks for saving me.” She thanked and she couldn’t help but to hug him right away.

Si-Hoo let out a sad smile as if he’s hiding something. “Yes. That’s okay, Ji-Hyo ya.” He replied shortly and scrubbed her head lightly.

Ji-Hyo could feel Si-Hoo’s fingers are running through her hair and for a second, she does feel something weird. This guy used to be her boyfriend for 2 years and she was so comfortable with him back then but why she didn’t feel it again now? How could Si-Hoo’s touch be so different from Jong-Kook’s? Earlier, she felt so safe, secure and warm in Jong-Kook’s embrace but why she doesn’t feel anything when Si-Hoo her head? It feels like it’s just a friendly gesture. If she didn’t hug Si-Hoo, she wouldn’t be aware of the difference. Just what magic spell did Kim Jong Kook casted on her last night?

“Is your husband aware?” Asked Si-Hoo as he let go of her hug. As much as he wanted her, he knew it well that she belongs to other man.

Ji-Hyo looked down as she remembered Jong-Kook’s disappointed eye gaze when she left him alone in her room. Should she go back now? She has thanked Si-Hoo for saving her.

“I left him in my room.” She replied.

Si-Hoo smiled at her sadly. “You better go back now. I don’t want to be shot for the second time.” He tried to joke.

Ji-Hyo caught what he meant and smiled back at Si-Hoo. “I don’t want to see you laying on hospital bed like this anymore. Please don’t save me anymore because I don’t know how to repay you, oppa.” She uttered as she feels so guilty.

Si-Hoo looked at her and still smiling. “You don’t need to repay me anything. To see you live in happiness is more than enough. Let me know if that man hurts you. I will kill him straight away.”

Ji-Hyo let out a little laugh. “I think I ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter