The Process

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa.”

Ji-Hyo squealed in surprise when she sees her father is sitting on the couch on their living room with a big smile. She didn’t wait long but to drown herself in her father’s embrace straight away.

“Appa, are you okay? Perhaps, are you hurt anyway?” Asked Ji-Hyo worriedly while her eyes are getting teary.

Song Min Hyuk chuckled in amusement. “Silly girl. Appa is okay.”

However, there is something odd, she thought. “Appa, have you eat the tofu?” She asked again.

“Your appa has ate it about three times since he came back home.” Her mother replied.

Ji-Hyo was puzzled. “Three times? Appa, since when did you come home?”

Kim Mi Kyung and Song Min Hyuk both looking at each other as they began letting out an awkward laugh.

“It’s not a big deal, Ji-Hyo ya. The thing is that appa will be fine.” Said her father convincing.

Ji-Hyo sighed. “Why didn’t you tell me? I have been so worried about appa.”

It’s not that he does not want to tell her daughter. She is still hospitalized and does not want to add pressure to her. Due to that reason, he decided to keep this as a little secret until she comes back home.

However, something crossed to Ji-Hyo’s head again. She moved her gaze to her father again. “Appa, how did you get out? I mean, you are proofed to be not guilty, isn’t it?” She asked anticipate.

But too bad, Song Min Hyuk heaved a light sigh instead. “He bailed me out.”

“He? Who is he?” Ji-Hyo seems to be a little confused.

“Your husband, Kim Jong Kook.”

Damn it, she thought. Is this part of his strategy to earn back her heart? By using his money and his power?

Song Min Hyuk patted his daughter’s shoulder lightly as she seemed to be a little startled.

“Ji-Hyo ya, he came here two days ago.” He added.

Ji-Hyo’s gaze stopped at her father, trying to digest what he said just now. “We are done. What else does he need to do with us?”

Song Min Hyuk took a very deep breath as he remembered Jong-Kook’s visit yesterday, should he really tells his daughter about it?

2 days ago

Song Min Hyuk approached the door as he heard the bell was ringing. He didn’t wait for too long but to open it straight away. His smile faded when he looked at the person who rang the bell just now. His eyes trailed to that person’s expression, he could see emptiness from it.

“What are you doing here?” He asked coldly.

Kim Jong Kook held his head low and his expression flat. There was a brief silence that he doesn’t even know what to say or what to do. It feels like there is a big knot that’s stuck in his throat which forbids him from talking.

Song Min Hyuk heaved a deep sigh as he pulled the door, closing it back. However, just right so, Jong-Kook stopped him.

“Abeonim.” He said and his eyes are still looking down.

Jong-Kook lifted up his head and he finally get to see his father-in-law clearly. He doesn’t know what that expression really means but he is sure for one thing. Disappointment.

“Jong-Kook ah, why are you standing there? Come in.” Said Kim Mi Kyung once she realized that the one coming is her son-in-law.

Song Min Hyuk didn’t say much but to move aside, giving Jong-Kook the space to come in. Jong-Kook was a little hesitate at first but he just followed his mother-in-law and now the three of them are seated on the couch with Jong-Kook facing both of them.

Jong-Kook went silent again as he tried to find the right word to say. Little did he know, he literally looked like a soulless person. His face is pale and his dark circles are so visible underneath his eyes. It feels like he has lost several kilograms in just a few days.

“Jong-Kook ah, what happened? You can talk slowly.”

Jong-Kook looked at his mother-in-law and his eyes started to glaze. “Please forgive me.” He uttered slowly as he bit his lips hardly.

Song Min Hyuk looked at his son-in-law disbelieve. “It’s you right? It’s you who bail me out.”

Jong-Kook nodded lightly. “I have made a huge mistake and it’s the least thing that I can do.” He paused as he took another deep breath. “Please forgive me, abeonim, eomeonim.”

Again, there was a brief silence attack and the atmosphere went cold in a moment. However, Kim Mi Kyung tried to give Jong-Kook a warm smile. “What matters know is that we are all okay. Jong-Kook ah, life goes on and you have to stop torturing yourself.”

Life goes on but what can he do? It feels like he has lost the reason for why he lives.

“I love her.” He said softly and sounded more like a whisper. He dared himself to look at the elders in front of him. “I love Ji-Hyo so much and I don’t think I can do it without her. Everything might start as a mistake but I realized that our marriage is a beautiful mistake. I need her.”

Jong-Kook stood up from the couch and his eyes are still looking blank and expressionless. He approached both his father-in-law and mother-in-law. His knees dropped to the floor in front of them, making both the elders to gasp in surprise.

“Jong-Kook ah, stand up.”

Jong-Kook shook his head stubbornly. “Ever since the beginning of our marriage, what I did was hurting her although I vowed to protect her, to cherish her and love her with all my heart. Up until now, I’m still hurting her.” He looked at both his father and mother-in-law with his teary eyes. “I know that I do not deserve her and she kept on pushing me away but I swore to myself that I won’t budge. If she wanted to punish me, I’m willing to take it. It’s because I love her and I beg for you apologize for hurting your precious daughter.” He added.

Song Min Hyuk’s heart melted upon looking at how sincere Jong-Kook is. He might hate Kim Jong Kook for deceiving his whole family but looking at his sincerity and how he pleaded for their forgiveness, it feels like he couldn’t torture his son-in-law any longer. He held both Jong-Kook’s shoulder as he helped his son-in-law to stand up.

Jong-Kook looked at his father-in-law who looked a little helpless. He was a little startled when he received a warm embrace.

“The one who you owe an apology is not just us but Ji-Hyo. She might look strong but you know that she is not. If you think she is worth fighting for, then fight. Don’t let her go.”

**

The cool breeze blew through her hair softly. The leaves turned yellow and are slowly falling, filling up the street. Summer slowly collapsed into fall. There is a saying sounded like autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time, wander around and is their only chance to soar.

Song Ji Hyo tightened her coat as soon as she gets down from the bus, walking into one of the most famous barbeque restaurant in Hong-Dae area. Her lips curled up upon looking at the faces that she recognized. She could see one of them waved their hand to her and she didn’t think twice but to approach them straight away.

“Sorry for the tardiness. The traffic was swarming.” Said Ji-Hyo as she took a seat.

So-Min chuckled lightly. “It’s okay, eonni. We get used to it.” She joked.

“Let’s order firstly.” Kwang-Soo interrupted.

Just like the older days, the three had a nice barbeque meal with cheers and laughter. Ji-Hyo couldn’t lie but she feels extremely happy and joyous upon the presence of her best friends. It feels like she could forget her problem for a while. They joked and laughed as if no one was watching and she wondered, when was the last time she could laugh freely that way?

In the middle of their chatting, a waitress suddenly approached them with a plateful of meat making all of them to go puzzle for a while.

“Ya, Lee Kwang Soo, did you add another order?” Asked Ji-Hyo.

Kwang-Soo shook his head. “I think you gave it to the wrong table.”

The waitress looked confused as well as she checked the number on the table. “It’s the right table.” She mumbled.

In the same time, a man walked towards their direction and he casually placed the plateful of meat on the table. “It’s additional service. Don’t worry, it’s free of charge.” He said and started grilling the meat for all of them.

“Ya, Dong-Hoon hyung, you should have told us that you are coming.” Said Kwang-Soo to Dong-Hoon who is seated beside him.

Dong-Hoon looked at Kwang-Soo as he rolled his eyes a little. “Why would I told you? I come here every day as I work here.”

Of course he works there. “Ah, I almost forgot that you are the owner.”

Ji-Hyo smiled awkwardly at Dong-Hoon as she tried to act as normal as she can because remembering that Dong-Hoon is Jong-Kook’s best friend. Dong-Hoon must have known everything that happened between both of them.

“Ji-Hyo ya, are you doing fine?” Asked Dong-Hoon casually.

“Never better.” She replied shortly.

As soon as all of them finished their dinner, So-Min left firstly because she still has some works to do, leaving Ji-Hyo to Kwang-Soo and Dong-Hoon.

“Make sure the two of you take care of eonni, okay? If possible don’t let her go home alone as the sky is getting dark.” Said So-Min worriedly.

Ji-Hyo scoffed instead. “Ya, Jeon So Min. Just because I’m pregnant, that does not mean I couldn’t take care of myself.”

“Eonni, we all know how clumsy you are.” She giggled and stood up from her seat. “I’ll go first. Annyeong.” She waved her hand to all of them before leaving the restaurant.

Just as So-Min left, there was another silent attack among the three of them, making Ji-Hyo to be a little uncomfortable. It seems like she ought to go as well. However, before she could even bid her goodbye, Dong-Hoon is fast enough to call her.

“Ji-Hyo ya.” He called.

Ji-Hyo’s gaze moved to Dong-Hoon. “Yes?”

Dong-Hoon bit his lips nervously, trying to find the right word to say and thinking if he really should say this to Ji-Hyo.

Looking at how nervous Dong-Hoon is made Ji-Hyo to feel a little uneasy. “What is it oppa?” She asked again. She doesn’t want to lie but there is a little curiosity inside her heart.

Dong-Hoon inhaled another deep breath as he dared himself to look into Ji-Hyo’s eyes. “Hyung.” He stopped and looked down to his own knuckles before continuing. “Hyung is not okay, Ji-Hyo ya.” He added.

Ji-Hyo sighed as she broke the eye contact from Dong-Hoon. “It’s not part of my consent anymore oppa.” She replied, trying to sound like she doesn’t care but in fact, she does.

“I don’t know if I should tell you this but Ye-Seul told me that he passed out during the shareholder conference due to fatigue yesterday. He is really drowning all of his time to work and I don't know if his body could stand it any longer.” Said Dong-Hoon.

Ji-Hyo’s eyes and lips widened a little. “W..What do you mean? He… He fainted?” She stuttered. Her gaze shows that she’s very worried and sad.

Meanwhile, Kwang-Soo let out a soft sigh and he doesn’t seem to be startled as if he knew about it already. “Noona, could both of you please stop torturing each other this way?” He said, pleaded a little.

Ji-Hyo looked at Kwang-Soo disbelieve. “You don’t look surprised.”

“Noona, it hurts him too.” Kwang-Soo replied.

While Ji-Hyo was kept silent, Dong-Hoon used this chance to talk to her and to let her know the truth.

“He didn’t do this without a reason, Ji-Hyo ya. His wound is way too deep that he thought it will never heal.” Said Dong-Hoon.

“I don’t understand what you are talking about.” She replied.

“Ji-Hyo ya, do you know what was the biggest scar in hyung’s life?”

She was stunned. What was it? She tried thinking about it before replying Dong-Hoon. “People he loves are leaving him behind.” She replied softly without looking at Dong-Hoon.

Dong-Hoon nodded his head lightly. “You are right. His biggest fear is about people he loves leaving him. His parents left him when he was just twelv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter