Forgive

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘S’ University Hospital

Her vision went blank as soon as she tried to open her eyes. The strong scent of well sterilized room kicks into her senses as soon as she gains her consciousness. Where is she? The only thing she sees now is white ceiling. Her head hurts so freaking much and it started to spin once she tried to get up which made her to moan in pain.

“Oh mo, Ji-Hyo ya.”

Ji-Hyo tried to gather all of her energy to look at the source of the voice. Although it’s blur, she could definitely see who is the owner of the voice. Moreover, the voice is very familiar as she recognized it straight away.

“Eomma.” She mumbled and started to moan in pain as she massaged her temples.

Kim Mi Kyung called the doctor straight away once she saw her daughter is slowly gaining her consciousness. She couldn’t hide her worried expression.

“Ji-Hyo ya, lay down. You shouldn’t move too much.”

Ji-Hyo obeyed and laid down as how her mother instructed. Her hand trailed to her stomach and the vision of her baby strikes into her head as she became panic.

“Eomma, my baby. My baby.” She mumbled weakly and started to feel worried. She couldn’t let anything to happen to her baby.

Kim Mi Kyung sighed as she her daughter’s hair gently. This silly girl, she thought.

Looking at her mother’s silence gave Ji-Hyo a little heart attack as tears started to pool in her eyes.

“Eomma, please answer me.” She cried as she tried to reach for her mother’s hand.

When Kim Mi Kyung was about to reply her, the doctor has entered her room along with a nurse while Ji-Hyo is still crying hysterically.

“Let the doctor to check on your condition firstly, eo?”

“Andwae, I can’t lose my baby eomma.” Said Ji-Hyo in frustration.

The doctor uttered a light smile. “Please calm down, Song Ji Hyo-Ssi. Your baby is growing strongly and healthily inside your tummy. Both of you will be fine. Trust me.”

Ji-Hyo looked at the doctor with expectant gaze. She hopes that she doesn’t hear him wrongly. “You are not lying to me right?”

The doctor nodded slowly. “Yes but no more anxiety and panic attacks after this. It’s not healthy for both you and your baby but for now, I can tell that both of you are fine.”

Ji-Hyo sighed in relieve once she heard the doctor’s statement and let the doctor to check on her condition. Both her and her mother couldn’t be more relieve when they heard the positive feedback from the doctor.

“I recommend you to have an adequate rest and enough nutrition in the meantime. Don’t stress yourself because it might harm the baby. If anything happens, please call me straight away.”  

“Thank you, seonsaengnim.” Said Kim Mi Kyung once the doctor and the nurse finished their job.

Ji-Hyo who’s still lying helplessly, tried to give sign to her mother, telling her she wanted to say something.

“What is it, Ji-Hyo ya?” Asked Kim Mi Kyung softly.

“Eomma, where is oppa?” Ji-Hyo asked weakly with her eyes barely open.

Kim Mi Kyung pulled the comforter to cover her daughter up until her chest. “Did you hear what the doctor say earlier? Don’t think too much and don’t stress yourself. Just rest firstly.”

Ji-Hyo shook her head weakly. “Where is oppa?” She asked again and paused a while to inhale more air before she continued. “Eomma, when I was still sleeping, I can hear his voice. I heard his cries. Is he here? Or am I just dreaming?”

“You really heard him?”

Ji-Hyo nodded. “Eomma, is he okay?”

“Yes. Your moonlight oppa is okay. Do you want to see him? He is,”

“No.”

Kim Mi Kyung widened her eyes surprised. “Ji-Hyo ya, he..”

“No, eomma. I do not want to see him.”

Kim Mi Kyung sighed. “Okay but firstly, please listen to eomma. You have to stop worrying about other people but yourself. Have a rest firstly, eo?”

Ji-Hyo surrenders. She felt weak and it feels like she doesn’t have any energy left to open her eyes although she has been sleeping for so many hours. She ought to heal herself.

“Goodnight, eomma.”

“Goodnight too, my daughter.”

Kim Mi Kyung dimmed the light and walked out from Ji-Hyo’s ward only to find another helpless person sitting on the bench in front of the room. She walked slowly and took a seat beside that person.

“She is fine. You have to stop worrying and calm yourself.” Said Kim Mi Kyung.

Jong-Kook erased his tears and cleared his throat before looking at his mother-in-law. “It’s my fault, eomeonim. Please forgive me.” He said hoarsely and it feels like tears is going to leak from his eyes again.

Kim Mi Kyung patted his back lightly and to let him cry his heart out. This man might look scary, arrogant and cold but in front of her, he cried. He cried because of his selfishness, his stupidity and his inability in protecting the person he loves.

“Calm yourself, Jong-Kook ah. You have to be strong. For her and for your child.”

“How can I call myself a husband? I am the reason for her pain. It was my fault that she has to go through all of this. It is all my fault.”

“I know but please give yourself another chance to fix everything.”

Jong-Kook’s glazed eyes met Kim Mi Kyung’s. “Do I deserve one? All I did was hurting her. I don’t deserve her. I don’t even know that she’s pregnant all this while.” Said Jong-Kook through his sobs. For a moment, he felt useless and incapable of anything.

“She needs time to heal before she is able to see you. So, what you need to do is to calm yourself firstly. Look at yourself, you are injured and hurt too. Try recalling what mistakes have you done and try apologize to her once you are ready.”

“Thank you so much, eomeonim. I really do not deserve a kind mother-in-law like you.”

Kim Mi Kyung uttered a weak smile. “How is Park Si Hoo? Is he okay?”

Jong-Kook shook his head. “The bullet went right into his lung and caused severe bleeding. Doctor couldn't save him.” He replied as he tried to recall what happened yesterday.

26 hours ago

Lee Kwang Soo inhaled a very deep breath before getting out from his car. He adjusted the earbuds on his ears as well. He looked around and tried to see if there is anything suspicious. When he feels like it’s safe enough, he walked towards an old building which is just next to the building where Jong-Kook entered several minutes ago.

“Kwang-Soo ya, is everything alright?”

Dong-Hoon’s voice was heard through Kwang-Soo’s earbuds. Kwang-Soo walked up to the second floor where he could witness things at the opposite building through the window. He took his binocular and managed to see things through it.

“Jong-Kook hyung is breaking the door. Everything seemed controlled.” Said Kwang-Soo to Dong-Hoon.

Kwang-Soo was looking at both Ji-Hyo and Jong-Kook who is currently hugging each other through his lens and he started to sigh in annoyance.

“Dong-Hoon hyung, could you tell Jong-Kook hyung that we do not have time for such lovey dovey scene? Park Si Hoo might arrive anytime soon.” Said Kwang-Soo in panic.

Kwang-Soo moved his lens to check things outside the building. He widened his eyes once he saw Park Si Hoo is coming from the opposite of the road.

“Hyung. We don’t have time. Tell Jong-Kook hyung to get out as soon as possible. Park Si Hoo is coming.”

Damn it, Kwang-Soo cursed inside his heart. This mission is getting nerve-wrecking and it could seriously drive him crazy. He started to get panic when he saw Park Si Hoo has started to enter the building in hurry. He moved his lens towards the glass window again to see what happened to Ji-Hyo and Jong-Kook. He gritted his teeth just right so. They failed to escape as Si-Hoo as arrived on the spot.

“How is it, Kwang-Soo ya?”

“Not good, hyung. Park Si Hoo is here and Jong-Kook hyung is punching him like he is punching a boxing bag.”

Dong-Hoon’s chuckle could be hear in the next second. However, Kwang-Soo squealed in panic just right after.

“Kwang-Soo ya. Did something happen?” Dong-Hoon started to worry.

Kwang-Soo’s hands started to tremble and his breath became uneven. He’s still looking through his lens when he witnessed the whole situation.

“Hyung, call the cops. Park Si Hoo has gun.” Said Kwang-Soo in panic.

Several minutes later, the sound of explosion was heard, making all of them to become even more panic, especially Dong-Hoon because he is outside the building. It feels like he really wanted to get in straight away.

“Kwang-Soo ya, I can’t hold it anymore. I’m going in.”

“No, hyung. If you are coming in, bring the cops with you. This psychopath is crazy. He might kill all of you if you enter alone.”

“Then am I supposed to sit here and just wait like this? I can’t Kwang-Soo ya. Hyung’s and Ji-Hyo’s life are at ease!” Said Dong-Hoon and he started to shout because he’s way too panic.

In the another second, another explosion was heard again and it sends shiver down to Kwang-Soo’s spine as he witnessed the whole situation.

“Ya, Lee Kwang Soo! What did you see? Tell me!” Dong-Hoon shouted.

In this time, the sounds of the sirens were heard indicating that the cops arrived on the spot.

“Hyung, call the ambulance. Park Si Hoo shot himself.”

Kwang-Soo ran down immediately and went towards the building where Si-Hoo, Ji-Hyo and Jong-Kook were. He was followed by Dong-Hoon and the cops from behind.

“Time bomb is installed here. It will be too dangerous for the two of you.” Said one of the cop.

Kwang-Soo and Dong-Hoon looked at each other in horror.

“Then are we supposed to just wait and do nothing?” Said Kwang-Soo and still in panic.

“Please calm down. The paramedic team will be here in no time. Everyone has to stay safe. Both of you can count on us.”

Dong-Hoon sighed as he knew that it will be very useless to argue with the police. Both him and Kwang-Soo walked out from the building helplessly. Both can just pray for Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo’s safety.

“Hyung, I really do not have a good feeling. I saw Jong-Kook hyung and Park Si Hoo was fighting over the gun. I saw it with my own eyes that Park Si Hoo shot himself. I dare not to imagine if it was Jong-Kook hyung.”

Dong-Hoon bit his lips nervously again because in the next second, the sound of explosion was heard and they could see fire is burning down that old building. He didn’t think twice again but to walk towards the entrance of the building but he was stopped by one of the cop.

“Sir, please listen to us. You can’t go in. It’s way too dangerous.”

Dong-Hoon grabbed the police’s collar furiously. “Then do you think I should stand here waiting for my friends’ death?” He shouted angrily.

Kwang-Soo quickly calm Dong-Hoon down by patting his back. “Hyung, calm down. They are coming out already.” He said pointing at the paramedic team who brought Si-Hoo, Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo out. Both Si-Hoo and Ji-Hyo was brought to the ambulance straight away while Jong-Kook is still conscious.

Both Dong-Hoon and Kwang-Soo ran to him straight away. “Hyung, are you okay?” Asked Kwang-Soo in panic.

Jong-Kook gave Kwang-Soo and Dong-Hoon a weak gaze. “Do I look like I’m okay? She’s dying.” Said Jong-Kook in horror when the vision of Ji-Hyo passed out was very clear in his eyes.

“What non-sense are you talking about? Let’s go to the hospital.” Said Dong-Hoon. He didn’t wait for Jong-Kook’s reply but to drag him to his car straight away and followed by Kwang-Soo.

As soon as they arrived the hospital, the three of them rushed to the ER. Jong-Kook kept silent. He looked frustrated and speechless upon what just happened. Deep inside his heart, he kept on blaming himself for letting all of this to happen to his wife. He couldn’t even think straight now as his head and his heart are very clouded. In the next second, the three of them could see Ji-Hyo’s mother is running towards their direction, looking very panic.

“Eomeonim.” Jong-Kook called as he held onto Kim Mi Kyung and his eyes started to get teary.

“Jong-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter