Proposal

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong-Kook couldn’t really count how many times he sighed since the early morning. Starting from the bus stop and until reaching the bus. His bulging body kept on touching other people in his surrounding which made him feel so frustrated. The bus stop was swarming and the air in the bus felt so suffocated. He never really liked the crowd and he always has his car ready if he wants to go anywhere but today, due to earning back his wife’s heart, he surrenders. He managed to hold it until they reached their destination.

“Press the bell, oppa.” Said Ji-Hyo to Jong-Kook because the bell is a little far for her to reach from her seat.

“We have arrived?” He asked back, not knowing where or when they should go down from the bus.

“Just do so. Ppalli!”

Jong-Kook pressed the bell just as how Ji-Hyo instructed and both of them get down to the bus stop. Looking at where they are and their destination, it seems like they still need to walk for several minutes and it makes Jong-Kook feels so uneasy.

“Ji-Hyo ya, it’s still very far from here. You shouldn’t be too tired, aren’t you? I can call Se-Chan to drive us there.” Said Jong-Kook worriedly.

Ji-Hyo giggled instead because she finds it amusing. “You are very spoiled and it’s not that far. It’s only 15 minutes by foot and we will not be needing Yang Se Chan’s help for today.” She replied as she intertwined both her finger and Jong-Kook’s, forcing both of them to walk forward.

Jong-Kook surrenders. He knew how stubborn his wife is and what he need to do is to stay by her side, making sure that she will be fine. It happened in the morning when he went to Ji-Hyo’s house, picking her up and end up being rejected by her because she wanted to take the bus instead. He refused of course but in the end, he let her win because one of the requests is no luxury cars. All of the cars he owned are luxury. He doesn’t have much choice but to just do as how she wants.

Both are walking, hand in hand with a big smile embroidered on their face. However, Ji-Hyo slightly pushed Jong-Kook’s hand away when she saw a food stall on the roadside.

“Tteokbokki.” She squealed in excitement as she approached the food stall without minding Jong-Kook.

Jong-Kook shook his head disbelieve. She is about to be a mother soon but yet she could still act like a little girl sometimes. No worries. He finds it cute. “Chamna.” He mumbled and followed Ji-Hyo from behind.

As her eyes were sparkling due to the street snacks, she didn’t hesitate to pick and order what she wants. “Ahjumma, a cup of jjajang tteobokki please.” She ordered and her eyes moved to the skewered fish cake soup. “The eomuk guk too.” She added.

“I thought we just had our breakfast not long ago.” Said Jong-Kook as he joined her by sitting on the chair beside her.

He received a glare by her straight away. “So? Every food I eat is for two.” She defended.

Jong-Kook couldn’t help but to chuckle a little. “You are right. Eat a lot then. Is a cup enough?” Jong-Kook asked teasingly.

She nodded as she offered him the black bean rice cake. “Open your mouth.”

Jong-Kook hesitated at first because he is not the type of person who likes the street food. He could literally count how many times he actually eats them and the last time was before he went to France with his adopted father. “You eat.” He refused.

Ji-Hyo’s face turned sour due to Jong-Kook’s rejection. “Have a try. I’m sure you will like it.” She pouted a little.

Jong-Kook’s face turned uneasy as he sighed lightly. He opened his mouth slowly and let her put in the rice cake. Without much waiting, he started to chew it and surprisingly, it’s quite chewy and it doesn’t taste that bad.

“I know you can’t do spicy food. So, jjajang tteokbokki will suit you better. Now try the eomuk. Make sure to drink the soup too.” Said Ji-Hyo.

As much as he felt full, he didn’t have choice but to follow what she desired. It feels like he is going to say yes to her for the whole day today and to learn things from her point of view. What she actually likes and what she actually wants. He is willing to learn it.

“Ahjumma, we ate well.” Said Ji-Hyo and she looked at the empty cups and plates in front of her. She couldn’t be more satisfied while caressing her belly. She feels full and energetic.

Jong-Kook smiled due to the amusement while taking out his wallet to pay. As soon as they paid, both leaving the food stall and walked to their destination which will be about 15 minutes walk.

Ji-Hyo simply linked her hand on Jong-Kook’s arm. “I’m sorry if I eat a lot. I really can’t resist the tempting food.” She said.

“It’s okay. I can even buy the whole stall. The snacks we ate earlier won’t make me go bankrupt. We can still eat more if you want because both you and our little one are my responsibility.”

She chuckled a little. “That makes me want to eat up all of your money. You are still very arrogant.”

“Let’s see how much you can eat. If you want to eat up all of my money, you can try eating the whole beef in our country but I’m sure I still have much left in my account after you do so.” He joked.

She pinched his arm instead. “You seriously need to stop bragging. Don’t you remember? For today, you are not a billionaire. People here don’t even notice you.”

“Because they don’t watch economic news that much. I can see that they liked dramas and variety shows instead.”

Ji-Hyo looked at her husband confused. “Do you appear everyday on economic news?”

Jong-Kook shrugged his shoulder. “Try watching it every morning if you miss me.”

“Liar.” She scoffed.

After several minutes of walk, they finally reach one of the largest mall in Gangnam. Still walking hand in hand, the securities were looking very confused at Jong-Kook as if they are seeing something strange. Some are even asking each other while glancing at Jong-Kook which make Jong-Kook extra annoyed.

“Oppa, why are they starring at us?” She asked, feeling confused too.

Jong-Kook exhaled softly, trying to calm himself down. “Don’t you know that this mall is owned by your husband? The securities are all looking clueless that their boss is looking like an ordinary citizen and I can see some are starting to talk about it.”

“You own this?” She was surprised. “I thought you just own a department store.”

“I own the department store along with the shopping malls. You should really pay more attention to what kind of business that your husband is doing.” He replied and still, trying his best to look calm.

Ji-Hyo tightened her grips on his arm. “I had no interest in appa’s business and yours neither but I like this style of yours. You looked really like an ordinary citizen. I have been so bored seeing you in suit and tie. Not to mention, you can’t do your tie properly.” She said because he is currently wearing a grey colored t-shirt underneath his black jeans jacket, black colored jeans and a pair of brown colored boots.

Jong-Kook stopped his step. “You are bored of me?” He asked, sounded a little scared as his mind went blank.

However, Ji-Hyo laughed instead. “I was talking about your suit. Don’t take it too serious, silly!”

He sighed in relieve. “Please don’t say that kind of things. It feels like my heart dropped down to my stomach.”

“Okay. I’m sorry. Let’s go.”

As they walked out from the elevator, they finally reach their destination. An aquarium. It was him who requested this place because he had almost had no memory visiting this place. The last time was when he was still 8 years old with his parents but it was a very long time ago.

Jong-Kook started to become very excited once they get into the aquarium tank where they can see various species of fish. It feels like they are underneath the deep blue sea, watching the creatures from below. They arrived at the right time as they just started to shark-feeding show.

Still awed by the beautiful creatures, Jong-Kook started to take out his phone, snapping some pictures with it and to be frank, he is only taking pictures of Ji-Hyo.

“Oppa, why didn’t you tell me that you are taking pictures of me?” She asked because she will be more prepared if she knew it beforehand.

“We don’t only capture pictures but feelings. I liked it better when you are not looking at the camera.” He said and taking pictures of her again. Her eyes are glued to the see-through glass and her dress is quite tight as it shows her bumps clearly, making her more attractive than ever.

Ji-Hyo snatched Jong-Kook’s phone from his grip and looked the pictures he captured. “Why are you only taking pictures of me? You should take a few pictures of the fishes too. Look up, there is a sting ray.” She lifted her head up, watching the cartilaginous fish swimming up there.

“I only take pictures of beautiful things. According to my eyes, you are the most beautiful creature that God ever created.” He said and gave her a genuine smile.

It feels like she is going to choke up due to the oversweet words. “It seems like you are eating too much candies lately.”

“I’ll make sure to only let you taste it.” He replied and narrowed the distance between their face.

Ji-Hyo pushed him further a little. “Ya! It’s the public place.”

Jong-Kook doesn’t seem to care as he kept on going closer towards her. “So? They don’t know us. Why would we care?”

Okay, she started to feel uncomfortable and she ought to push him away. “Let’s go see penguins.” She tried to change the topic.

Ji-Hyo tried her best to escape and she went away from Jong-Kook’s sight. “Ya! Let’s go together.” Jong-Kook shouted and run a little to reach her.

The day in the aquarium went like that. It was fun and both enjoyed the moment so much. Jong-Kook was very thankful for her that she wanted to give their marriage another try. He can see her smiling and laughing freely as if nothing bothers her mind. Without him realizing, her smile and her laugh sooths his heart.

“Jja. A little gift to you.” Said Jong-Kook as he handed her a stuffed toy.

Her brows furrowed. “A penguin?” She almost laughed.

He nodded his head. It’s a penguin stuffed toy he bought in the souvenir shop earlier. “Do you want to know why I chose to get you a penguin instead of other animal?”

Ji-Hyo shook her head lightly. “Because they look cute?”

Jong-Kook chuckled due to her blankness. “Penguin is one of the animal that only one mate for life. They split from their partners for winter but they still remained faithful. Don’t you think it’s cute? We might be like them. We were separated for a period of time but in the end, we still tried to figure out how to be with each other. I love you and I promised to remain even more faithful than the penguins.”

She was speechless for a while as she kept on starring on the stuffed toy. “It’s indeed cute. Thank you.” She replied with a light smile.

**

“Street snacks again?”

Jong-Kook blinked his eyes several times when he looked at Ji-Hyo.

“Oppa, it’s Myeongdong. Street snacks are surrounding this area. Don’t tell me that you have never been here.”

“But still, we should at least eat a proper lunch. I thought you wanted to come to Myeongdong because you wanted to shop.“ Jong-Kook replied, referring to the area where it’s famous for the cosmetic shops and clothing store.

Ji-Hyo shook her head lightly when she looked at Jong-Kook. It seems like his knowledge about his hometown is very minimal. “I’m not that hungry yet. I think we can catch a performance before having lunch.”

He narrowed his brows, looking puzzled. “A performance? You mean like street performance?”

“You are very lucky that you came here with me. The performance I meant is the Nanta show. I can tell that you don’t seem to have idea about it.”

He smiled embarrassedly because he has never heard of its name before.

Ji-Hyo linked her hand on his arms, dragging him with her. “Let’s go.” She said while without her realizing, her lips curled up into a wide smile.

So, the Nanta show is actually a theatrical show located in Nanta Theatre in Myeongdong, Seoul. It’s a non-verbal comedy show. The show involves acrobatics, magic tricks, comedy, pantomime and audience participation. The performance is almost completely non-verbal, allowing everyone to enjoy it without language barriers.

Throughout the show, they could witness how the actors are dressed up in kitchen attire, performing funny events in wacky kitchen and all of the audiences are definitely amazed by their kitchen knives and acrobatic feats.

Jong-Kook could see the woman beside him is laughing freely and it is the most heart-warming thing that he can ever see. He didn’t even realize that his eyes didn’t leave her for a second. For some reason, he feels like watching her laugh and her smile are even more amusing than the theatre show.

After the theatre show, they managed to take their lunch before walking and hunting for street foods around Myeongdong. It’s the first time after their separation that they could feel this close. Being able to walk hand in hand, arm in arm and side by side feel so magical that sometimes he even had to tell himself that this is not a dream. The hand he is holding is the hand of his wife, Ji-Hyo.

“The sky is getting darker. I think we should go back.” Said Jong-Kook when he looked at his surroundings.

Just as expected, Ji-Hyo shook her head. “We still have places to go.” She refused.

“I’m very afraid that you will get tired. We almost walked through every street in Myeongdong and not to mention we lost a lot of energy laughing at the Nanta show. Moreover, the air is extra cold today.” He replied while his hand moved towards her to tighten her coat around her body. “You definitely should wear something thicker than this.” He added while he took off his scarf and wrapped it around her neck.

She was touched for a moment. Is this really the man who she divorced several months ago? It seems like each time she tried to push him further, he came closer instead. How could she manage to take it if he kept on trying this way? Her heart is weak and his sincerity melts her heart.

“I can think of a place to go.” Said Jong-Kook suddenly.

She smiled anticipate. “Where? Don’t tell me that it’s Han River Park. It’s a very common place date.” She replied, way too common actually.

He shook his head. “Changdeok-gung.”

She narrowed her eyes upon hearing the palace which is located in the east of Gyeongbok Palace. “You like historical site?”

Jong-Kook intertwined their fingers together without minding her question. “Let’s go but first you need to tell me which bus to take.”

She laughed a little. This man is seriously joking that he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter