Apology

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jo In Sung caressed his son’s hair gently and landed a soft kiss on it. His heart clenched badly when he looked at the bandaged wound on Jae-Hyun’s forehead and Jae-Hyun started to open his eyes. However, he whined in pain when he was about to get up.

“Appa, it hurts.” He whined and he almost cried again.

“It’s okay, Jae-Hyun ah. Seonsaengnim has put medication on it and it will stop hurting in any minutes.” In-Sung replied and tried his best to coax his lovely son. His phone has been ringing nonstop but he doesn’t care. His son will always be his priority.

However, the stubborn Jae-Hyun did not just surrender like that but to force himself to be seated on the bed and his eyes started to scan around the emergency room.

“Who are you looking for?” In-Sung seemed confused. His father is here. Who else is he looking for?

In the same time, Jae-Hyun widened his eyes as he saw a familiar figure was running through the hallway. “Appa, pretty noona.” He mumbled and his eyes tailed that woman. However, that woman vanished in just a blink of eye because she is running so fast.

“Pretty noona? Your Song seonsaeng?” In-Sung was a little puzzled.

In-Sung almost yelled in surprise when he saw Jae-Hyun wanted to get down from the bed in the next second. “Jae-Hyun ah, the doctor said you shouldn’t move too much.” He panicked.

Jae-Hyun reached his father’s arm and gave his father a pleading gaze. “Appa, I saw pretty noona just now. She was running towards the exit and she was crying.” He told his father.

In-Sung’s raised his eyebrow when he realized about how much his son will cares about his teacher. “Are you worried about her?”

Jae-Hyun nodded his head spontaneously. “It must be that muscled ahjussi that made her cry.” Jae-Hyun replied and his face turned sour.

“Muscled ahjussi?” In-Sung couldn’t help but to laugh a little when he heard his son referring Kim Jong Kook as a muscled ahjussi.

“Appa, since doctor seonsaengnim said I can’t move too much, can you cheer pretty noona up for me?” Jae-Hyun asked and is looking at his father with his puppy eyes.

In-Sung was a little startled. “Cheer her up?”

The little boy nodded again. “Is there any ice cream shop nearby?”

That question made In-Sung frowned a little. “You want ice cream?” In-Sung asked and Jae-Hyun shook his head lightly.

“Whenever she is sad, she will eat ice cream. She said that it will make her feel better and her favorite flavor is vanilla.” Said Jae-Hyun.

In-Sung was amused at his own son. It sounded like they really know each other well and he has witnessed itself how much Ji-Hyo cared for Jae-Hyun as if he’s her own son. That made In-Sung felt a little uneasy too when Jae-Hyun said that he saw Ji-Hyo was running towards the exit and she’s crying.

“Appa will look for your pretty noona and cheer her up but you have to promise that you will stay here and take a rest until appa comes back. Can you do that?”

Jae-Hyun nodded. “Appa, quickly go or she will go away already.”

In-Sung chuckled a little and quickly go towards the direction that Jae-Hyun pointed, hoping if he will be able to search for Song Ji Hyo. She was running so quick and he wondered how could Jae-Hyun spot her. She must be very special for him.

On the other side, Song Ji Hyo was definitely all of her strength to run from that sacred place. It feels like her tears couldn’t stop rolling that it blurred her vision. She bit her lips hardly, trying her best not to sob or else it will draw people’s attention. Her legs felt weak as if she will break down anytime soon. Her legs just ran without knowing where to go. She couldn’t count how many people has she bumped to. She was so upset and everything does not seem right at the moment. However, her leg stopped at the backyard of the hospital where nobody is around. Her legs ached but it feels numb because her heart ached more.

However, she quickly erased her tears when she saw someone’s presence. She recognized that person and he was holding two cones of ice cream.

In-Sung took a seat beside her and handed her the ice cream. “My son said that his pretty noona eats ice cream when she’s upset and her favorite flavor is vanilla.” Said In-Sung with a wide smile.

For a while, Ji-Hyo was dumbfounded. “He said that?”

In-Sung replied with a light nod as he his own ice cream. “He even saw you when you passed the ER.”

Thanks for that little information because her lips curled up automatically when she remembered the figure of Jo Jae Hyun. He's sick but still thinks of her. It makes her forget about her husband for a while.

“What a sweet little boy.” She mumbled and looked at the ice cream. She didn’t wait long but to eat it right away.

In-Sung could sense that something is wrong about her. Her eyes are swollen and he could see tear marks on her cheeks. “Do you need this?” He offered his handkerchief.

Ji-Hyo smile embarrassedly. “Thank you.”

That made In-Sung gave her a worried gaze. “Are you okay?” He asked.

A soft sigh escaped through her lips as she held her head low. Can she say that she’s not? When she’s about to reply him, he was fast enough to cut her.

“I think not.” He answered himself.

Ji-Hyo looked at In-Sung with her big eyes as if she’s questioning him and that gaze made him giggled a little. “I saw your tears and you were crying.” He added.

“It does not mean that I’m not okay.” She replied.

In-Sung gets it because sometimes it’s easier to just smile than explaining why you are sad. “You can close your eyes to eyes you don’t want to see but you can’t close your heart to things you do not want to feel.” He said, giving her a meaningful gaze. “Ji-Hyo-Ssi, I know you are sad. I don’t know if you consider me as a friend or not but you can share your burden with me.” He added.

She doesn’t know if she considers him as a friend or not but she’s sure that she feels comfortable when he’s around. “In-Sung-Ssi, have you ever been betrayed by someone you love?”

In-Sung let out a sad smile and nodded his head lightly. “I have.” He replied.

Ji-Hyo looked at him seriously when she heard his reply, hoping that she didn’t hear him wrong.

“Why are you looking me that way? Does it sound pathetic for you?” In-Sung asked her as he chuckled a little bit.

“Don’t you feel sad or anything?” Ji-Hyo asked confusedly. How could he smile when telling a sad story?

“I do but I have passed that period. I started over and I’m now very happy with my life. You can’t have rainbow without a little rain right?”

He’s right, very right indeed. “Is that Jae-Hyun’s eomma?” She asked again carefully.

A soft sigh escaped from In-Sung’s lips as he looked up to the sky. “Yes. She was the one that got away.” He replied while smiling. He has totally let go of everything that his wound has healed.

“How?” She looked at him disbelieve.

“We were both young when we met and we were too young as well to understand love.” Said In-Sung.

Young? She was young too when she first met Kim Jong Kook. “How young were you?” She just keeps on asking.

He didn’t feel bothered as well. “We get married right after we graduate from high school. We thought we love each other but we were wrong.” He paused to inhale some air. “Because being in love is not enough to make it work. We loved each other but we were not happy.” He continued and took a glance at Ji-Hyo.

“What happened then? She left?”

In-Sung nodded lightly. “We divorced and she left. She said I’m a boring man and I eventually found out that she was actually dating my high school best friend. However, I was kind of happy that she let Jae-Hyun with me.”

She was shocked when she heard his story. This guy really does not deserve to be cheated on. He’s young, good looking and not to mention that he’s rich too.

“Your wound heals too.” She said.

“It heals along with the time. I have told you enough. So, what makes you cry just now? Did someone you love betray you too?” Now it’s In-Sung is the one who’s asking.

She smiled bitterly. “I don’t know.”

His brows furrowed. “You don’t know?”

Another sigh escaped through her lips. “You told me earlier that you saw him somewhere in the second floor and I looked for him. It was quite hard because it’s a huge hospital but I found him eventually.”

In-Sung didn’t reply because he’s waiting for her to finish her story. He doesn’t like it if someone interrupted his sentence and he is going to do the same thing as well.

“I saw him hugging a girl that I barely knows.” She continued and she feels like tears started to pool on her eyes when she remembered the scene earlier.

In-Sung knows exactly how she felt and he will be happily lending his shoulder to her if she cried. “Just cry if it makes you feel better.” Her son is right. It's that mucled man that made her cry.

She started to sob and tears run down through her cheeks. It hurts, so much.

In-Sung felt her sorrow as he dared himself to move closer to her and tilted her head to cry on his shoulder. He is doing it not because he likes her but it’s because he considers her as a friend. Moreover, he knows it well how does it feel to be betrayed by someone you love. Just like that, she cried badly on his shoulder and it started to wet his suit. He didn’t even have heart to stop her because she was sobbing hardly as it has hurt her very deep in her heart. However, little did they know, a pair of eyes were looking at them with a furious gaze. Kim Jong Kook gritted his teeth and his jaw clenched when he saw his wife was resting her head on other guy’s shoulder. It feels like flames are igniting inside his body.

Wait, is this how she feels too when she saw her hugging Park Han Byul?

**

Kim Jong Kook inhaled a very deep breath when he holds onto the handle of the door. His hand trembled badly when he was trying to press the passcode. He sighed sharply when he felt very helpless right now. He has been thinking about how to face his wife once he arrived home because he can’t run away from the problem as it does not solve anything. He punched in the passcode in the end and entered his house. As usual, it has gone dark and no one is around. He walked upstairs and put his briefcase on his study room before daring himself to go into his bedroom.

He was very nervous ever since his way home and his heart beats twice faster when he is entering his own bedroom. He even holds his breath on his first step. He scanned around the room and he couldn’t find anyone that he exhaled sharply. Where is she? Is she running away again like how she did last time? His brow furrowed and he started to wander around. He could hear some sound from their walk-in closet that he’s sure that she is there.

“Ji-Hyo ya.” He called slowly when he entered the closet and he is right. She is in there.

Ji-Hyo heard his call but didn’t manage to answer him until he approached her. When he was about to call her again, she handed him his clothes.

“The warm bath is ready.” She said. Her expression was flat and she doesn’t even want to look at him.

Jong-Kook does not even know how to reply her. He knew that she is mad, very mad but she still does not forget her task as a wife. She knew that he needs a warm bath to calm himself down each time he’s stressed. How could he take such a good person for granted?

However, that expression hurts her a little. She at least wanted to see if he’s guilty or saying anything about convincing her what she saw earlier but she was wrong. He just stood there without saying anything. She has tried to inhale some air when she walked pass him and thankfully she didn’t smell any alcohol scent from his that makes her a little relieve.

When Jong-Kook done his bath, he walked out from the bathroom and he could see that Ji-Hyo is staring blankly on the night sky. He dared himself to approach her and to circle his hand on her waist from behind. He rested his chin on her shoulder and started to feel guilty.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered gently on her ears.

However, she pushed him away and gave him a cold stare instead. She didn’t wish for a sorry but an explanation. She gave him a very meaningful gaze, trying to tell him that she was hurt.

He tried to approach her again as he tried to reach her hand. “I know I was wrong but please don’t run away from me again.” He said with his husky voice.

She bit her lips hardly to stop herself from crying. She has cry enough and she doesn’t want to show her weak side anymore in front of this guy. It feels like she couldn’t look at him any longer or she will break down again. She decided to walk out from the room but he was fast enough to stop her.

“Please hear me out.” Jong-Kook pleaded again.

He could sense that every inch of her movement is very scary for him. She didn’t show any anger on her face and nothing came out from that it become extra scary. He thought she will be shouting or unleashing her anger at him but he is totally wrong. A woman’s silent is far scarier that he has ever expected. Her silence and lack of expression might mean she’s reaching her breaking point.

Ji-Hyo turned back but still did not want to look at him. “5 minutes.” She said coldly.

“5 minutes?” He doesn’t understand.

She inhaled a deep breath before looking at his helpless face. “Spill it out in 5 minutes or I won’t hear you anymore.”

“She’s Park Han Byul.” He said, not daring to look at her eyes.

She was startled and dumbfounded at the same time, not knowing how to re-act. It has been one of biggest fear when it comes to his past because she has heard enough how much he loved her. She felt like her heart almost stopped beating when she heard that name and her legs weaken. She quickly took a seat on the bed because her knees feel like losing its strength in just within second and her face turned pale.

Kim Jong Kook is very aware of her shocked expression and started to feel worry. “Ji-Hyo ya.” He called.

Ji-Hyo forced herself to look at him. “Why is she there? And does it have something to do with you?” She asked and fear is so visible from her tone, the fear of him wavering his love towards her.

In the next second, she can feel him taking a seat too beside her and his hands reached her shoulder as he made her to face him. “I didn’t mean to lie to you but after I told you this, please don’t doubt my feelings for you.”

Can she believe him? He sounded stern and sincere.

“I’m listening.”

Jong-Kook took another deep breath. This is the time to tell her about every inch of the truth, hoping that she will understand. “S..She,” He stuttered and that made her extra uneasy.

She observed his expression well and this is the second time that he looked very helpless. The first was when she ran away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter