Her Moonlight

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud music and the strong scent of cigarettes kicked through his sense as he took another shot of the vodka. Kim Jong Kook is not a drunkard and he doesn’t drink unless there is an event or when his thought is getting heavy. He needs something to distract all of his thoughts and the club is where he is now. How pathetic is it? After the intense conversation earlier with Ji-Hyo, he feels like he really couldn’t look at her in the eye and decided to just went out straight away. He admits it that his heart feels burning when he saw her smiling to other guy with her hand holding onto a stalk of rose. The hatred feeling arise because she never smiled that way to him before. This is insane. Why would he feel so upset? Could she just understand that he doesn’t like it when she’s that close with another man?

When she ran all the way to the bathroom, he could see her shoulder is trembling meaning that she cried. He did feel regretness is lingering through his heart upon saying such hurtful words to her. It pained his heart looking at her irritated expression. As the image of his innocent wife flashed through his mind, he took another shot of the vodka. Although he’s not a drinker but he’s sure that his alcohol tolerance is quite high that he has drink half of the bottle and he’s still sane. Is this the right thing to do? Is avoiding his wife by coming to the club a right thing to do?

“It has been a while.”

A light tap on Jong-Kook’s shoulder startled him and made him turned to the source of the sound. He didn’t call anyone to drink with him as he’s all alone in the VIP room. He wanted to be alone and he’s not in the mood to chat with anyone. He might be half-drunk but he could still recognize the one who tapped his shoulder. He grinned when he sees the woman in that little black dress. The tight and short dress is hugging her body firmly as if it’s about to burst out soon. The dress doesn’t even cover half of her tights and is revealing her bare chest.

“I’m not in the mood to play with you.” Jong-Kook replied with his hoarse voice.

Lee Hyun-Seo chuckled lightly and sat on Jong-Kook’s lap as her hand is caressing Jong-Kook’s sharp jawline. “You are still so tempting as always.” She circled her hands on his neck and tried her best to make Jong-Kook look at her.

Jong-Kook looked at the bold woman in front of him and let out an evil grin. He really need something to distract him for tonight. Everything in his head is about Song Ji Hyo and it’s so torturing for him. He slipped his hand through Hyun-Seo’s waist and killed the distance between them. He looked at her as a beast that’s ready to eat his prey.

“You are still so bold as always.” He groaned as he could feel Hyun-Seo’s lips on his neck.

Hyun-Seo smiled upon hearing what Jong-Kook said. It feels like she succeeded in seducing him. “I know you don’t sleep with the same woman for twice but you looked so messy that I think you might need a companion tonight.”

Jong-Kook chuckled a little. Woman is a very greedy creature for him but this woman is right. He never sleeps with the same woman twice as he feels that woman is just a toy to satisfy his physical needs. However, he feels like he need one in order to distract his clouded mind for tonight. His lips darted on Hyun-Seo’s neck and begin nibbling it. He’s really not on his right sense.

Hyun-Seo moaned loudly as she feels Jong-Kook’s hand has gone wild along with his neck kisses. This is insane. “We might need a hotel room. I have booked one.” She said in the middle of her moan.

Jong-Kook could care less but she’s right. There’s a 5 stars hotel nearby the club and he didn’t wait until she agreed but to drag her forcefully. She has unleashed the beast inside him and he’s not gonna stop now. As he followed Hyun-Seo’s footstep into the room that she has booked. When he could hear the door being locked already, he pinned her towards the wall and began and nibbling every inches of her body. Hyun-Seo knows it well that Kim Jong Kook is not an ordinary person but then she chose to play with fire by approaching him.

As the intense kiss hasn’t end yet, he pushed her on the bed and hovered on top of her and tried his best to focus on the woman in front of him. He could feel that her fingers started to the first three button of his shirt. As he kept on nibbling her soft and delicate neck, a strong scent of chemical fragance kicked into his nose. He might be half-drunk but he’s still on his right sense.

This is not the scent that he wants and this is not the woman that he wants.

When Hyun-Seo grabbed him by his nape and was about to land a kiss on his lips, the image of Song Ji Hyo flashed through his head again. He stopped his activity and sat on the edge of the bed leaving Hyun-Seo dumbfounded. Another pang of guiltiness hit him real hard when the image of Ji-Hyo lying on the hospital bed helplessly. Coming to the club and using Hyun-Seo to forget Ji-Hyo for a while is definitely not right. Just how far should he hurt his wife?

“Why? Why do you stop?” She sounds frustrated when she realized that Jong-Kook started to push her away.

This is not right. “I have to go.” He said weakly and began buttoning back his white shirt.

Hyun-Seo sighed in frustration upon looking at Jong-Kook who’s about to go out from the room. She grabbed onto his arm as she doesn’t want to let him go but Jong-Kook is strong enough to dodge from her. “You were not like this earlier.” She begged.

Jong-Kook smirked at her. This woman was there to distract his clouded mind when he lost Han-Byul. He doesn’t know if she likes her but he really just assumes her as a toy for his physical needs but this time, it’s totally different. This time, the existence of Hyun-Seo could not distract him from thinking about his wife. The strange feeling lingered through his heart as the guiltiness is coming again.

“In case you forget, I’m a married man. I have a wife who’s waiting for me at home.” He replied and walked towards the door without even looking at Hyun-Seo. He went out from the hotel and get into his car right away without minding Hyun-Seo who has been screaming and calling his name.

As he sat on his car, he rested his head on the steering wheel as his head has been throbbing so badly. He doesn’t know if it’s because of the alcohols or because of his thoughts but it feels like killing him from inside. The thought of Ji-Hyo crying keep on appearing in his head that it is so torturous.

“I’m so sorry.” He said on his own. He shouldn’t have avoided her by coming to the club.

**

After soaking herself in the bath tub for an hour, Ji-Hyo decided to rinse her body and finish her bath. She purposely lighted up the lavender scented candle to at least make her feel a little calmer. She’s so tired of crying that she promised that she doesn’t want to cry for that bastard anymore. If this is what he wants, she will do as how he wanted it to be. At least for this time, she regrets the choice of marrying him. She shouldn’t have trade her happiness with the sustainability of her father’s business. However, she chose this path already that she doesn’t have any choice but to be strong.

When she’s drying her hair, a light beep from her cellphone startled her. Ji-Hyo grabbed her phone only to found out that So-Min sent her a message. Her eyebrow narrowed upon looking at So-Min’s message.

Eonni. Perhaps, do you fight with your husband?

How in the world could So-Min knows? She never shares anything about her marriage life to anyone and not even to Kwang-Soo. How could So-Min know it out of the blue?

What do you mean So-Min ah? We’re fine.

As much as she knows that her husband is a jerk, she still doesn’t want to let people know about her miserable marriage. However, the next reply from So-Min made her dropped her cellphone to the floor. Her eyes widen in shock as she closed with her palm.

Your husband is in the club where we usually hang out.

So-Min’s message came with a picture. A picture of a man hugging a woman. Although the picture only shows the man’s figure from the side and it’s taken from quite distance, she could still recognize that the man in that picture is his husband. He’s wearing the same suit earlier and the woman that he’s hugging made her feel uncomfortable too. Ji-Hyo could see how revealing her clothes is. So, this is the reason why he’s not coming home all this while? He married her just to torture her and this is driving her crazy. Ji-Hyo decided to just put her phone aside and switch it off as she’s sure So-Min will call her once she realized that her text didn’t get any reply from Ji-Hyo.

She’s just not ready to talk about her marriage to anyone. It’s too painful to bear. Just right so, tears start streaming down through her beautiful eyes. How come her heart pained when she sees him hugging onto other girl? Is that mean she started falling for him?

She doesn’t know if she has start falling for Kim Jong Kook because if she does, it means she lost to him. He stated it clearly from the very beginning that he doesn’t do stupid thing like falling in love. She’s the one that’s too stupid for believing that he wanted to give this marriage a try.

However, the scene about how vulnerable he was during the night when he played his piano was so visible in her mind. She could feel pain in his gaze and how she offered to mend his broken heart. Her heart hurts not because Kim Jong Kook is not willing to love her back. It’s because Kim Jong Kook is treating her as a joke. She remembered the passionate kiss that they share. They were both enjoying it that she hates herself so much for believing that Kim Jong Kook wanted to try for her. He could make her feel wanted and made her feel miserable in the next second. Why it feels like he’s only capable in hurting her? If only he admitted that he’s jealous, things wouldn’t be so complicated like this.

All of the incident made her feel so tired not only physically but mentally as well. Her energy has been drained by keep on thinking and arguing with her husband that she doesn’t even realize that she has fallen asleep on the couch. She even forgets her dinner already but at least sleeping could make her forget everything for a while.

As much as she wanted to continue sleeping, her eyes kept on opening itself that made her so annoyed. She looked at the clock and it’s only 6 in the morning and she still have 2 hours before going to the school. Her eyes still feel so heavy that she couldn’t sleep well last night. She tried to look around and realized that she’s actually sleeping on the bed. This is weird. She remembered that she fell asleep on the couch last night but how could she be on the bed? She did feel someone carried her as she couldn’t sleep well but as she glanced at the other side of the bed and she could see that the stack of pillow is so neat and looked untouched meaning that Kim Jong Kook didn’t come back last night.

Get back to your sense, Song Ji Hyo. He didn’t come back and you might be just dreaming.

She convinced herself that the feeling of someone carried her is just a dream. She just thought that maybe she actually slept on the bed last night but her mind is just so clouded that she doesn’t even remember it. She doesn’t want to think more about where she slept last night and decided to take a shower. After she finished her quick shower, she began dressing up and sat on the chair in front of the dressing table. Her eyes are a little swollen and the dark eye bags are so visible that she might need some make-up to cover it or else she will look like a zombie.

Ji-Hyo grabbed her bag once she’s finished with her make up. She didn’t do anything to her hair but to just tie it up into a high ponytail. She walked through the stairs and made her way to the dining room and a warm smile from her ahjumma made her feel better.

“Good morning, samonim.” The maid greeted her.

Ji-Hyo replied her ahjumma with a smile too. “Good morning, ahjumma.”

She sat on the chair where she usually sits and found it odd that there are 2 sets of the breakfast. “Ahjumma, why are there 2 sets? Is there anyone coming?” She asked as looked at the other plate.

The maid looked at her madam confusedly. “Of course it’s for doryeonim.”

“But he didn’t come home last night.” Ji-Hyo replied as she reached for knife to cut the toast.

The maid’s eyes narrowed and her forehead formed a light crease. “Samonim, are you sure? I saw him this morning coming out from your room.”

Ji-Hyo couldn’t be more surprised. He came out from their room? Does that mean he came back last night? “Ahjumma, are you sure? He’s nowhere to be found when I woke up.”

The maid chuckled a little when she heard her madam’s hesitation. “I’m really sure. Samonim, doryeonim is a workaholic man. He could come back home late at night and go back to his office in the early morning without everyone realizing. I saw him coming out from your room around 5. I think he must be in the office now.” Said the maid.

Could she trust her ahjumma that Kim Jong Kook actually came home last night? Is that mean Kim Jong Kook was the one who moved her from the couch to the bed? Does it mean the presence of somebody last night was not a dream? It was really Kim Jong Kook?

5 hours ago

It was 2 in the morning when Jong-Kook reached home. As always, he tried his best not to make any single sound because the house has gone dark and everyone should be sleeping already. He walked straight to his room and found his wife is sleeping on the couch with her hand gripping on her cellphone. Her whole body will ache when she woke up if she sleeps in that position, he thought. He approached her and slowly took her cellphone away and place it on the table on the bedside. As he looked closer, he witnessed the tear marks on her cheeks signing that she cried. That the weird feeling came through his heart again. Her tears feel like knifes that’s stabbing onto his heart that it hurts him too. As he could see a very clear sign that he is hurting her again.

He slowly carried her to the bed and pull the comforter up until her chest making sure that she won’t be shivering in coldness. Just after he sees her sleeping in a more comfortable position, he decided to take a quick shower as he just went out after their fight. He really wanted to clean himself as he’s getting rid of every part of his body that was touched by Hyun-Seo. He threw his shirt on the laundry basket angrily as he could smell of her fragrance on his shirt. The fragrance made him remember his stupid act for going to the club that it didn’t even help him in clearing his mind but make him feel guiltier instead.

As he felt freshen up after the shower, he slowly climbed up to the bed. His eyes felt so heavy but yet he couldn’t sleep. He starred at Ji-Hyo’s who’s currently sleeping and for some reason, looking at her made him feel a lot better. He caressed her cheeks gently with his thumb and removed the strands of hair that’s covering her face lovingly. Just how far should he continue to hurt her? She’s an innocent and a kind-hearted woman who are willing to pull her from his dark world but why it feels like he’s the one who doesn’t want to go out from the darkness?

It feels like he couldn’t think straight right now as his hands are gently pulling her into his embrace without waking her. She’s this close to him and for some reason, her scent smells so soothing to him that he realized that this is the one that he wanted. A natural sweet body scent instead of a chemical fragrance. Having her in his arms feels a lot better that he couldn’t stop himself from landing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“Mianhae.” He whispered and closed his eyes before dozing himself to sleep. It feels like she is a sleeping pill that helped him to sleep better.

As Jong-Kook’s hand is still circling through her waist, Ji-Hyo started to move as she felt something heavy on her body. Jong-Kook is quite sensitive to touches that he woke up right away upon feeling Ji-Hyo’s movement. He looked at the clock and it shows 5 in the morning. He realized it well that he should go before she woke up. He’s not ready yet to face her. He knew his mistake. He shouldn’t have look for another girl just for the sake of distracting his crazy mind and he feels so ashamed of himself. As much as he wanted to stay beside her, he decided to go before she woke up.

When Ji-Hyo is still busy thinking about if it was really Jong-Kook last night, another maid approached her and handed her several envelopes from the mail.

“Samonim, here are some mails that arrived yesterday.” She placed it on the table beside Ji-Hyo’s plate. The maid bowed to her before going away. Is she new? Shouldn't she send the mail to Jong-Kook's study room?

Ji-Hyo took a glance at the envelopes. She’s sure that all of those must be addressed to Kim Jong Kook instead of her. She never put Jong-Kook’s house as her main address that it’s quite impossible that these mails belong to her. However, she found it strange that why didn’t the mail sent to Jong-Kook’s office instead of the house? Is it something confidential?

She took one of the envelope and her eyebrow narrowed as she looked at the sender address. She doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter