chapter 21 - the talk

HE GOT ME PREGNANT | G-dragon fanfic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Jessie p.o.v. ]

From inside the store, I watch as Jiyong speaks on the phone. His forehead creased and his face doesn't seem so relax. I check the time at the big clock on the wall, it is already midnight and he still has to work. Not only that but he has to drive me around to get food when he has already asked me before he left the house if I would want to eat anything.

As much as I was still mad at him for leaving me back then, I got to admit it that if we switch the position and I am him, I would have snapped. But he is handling everything so kindly and amazingly. He doesn't even give me any attitudes or even talk back to me so far. It is very surprising to see how much power I hold over him. It is almost like he lives to fit my schedule and emotion, not his own life right now.

"It will be 6,500 won, is that all, Miss?" The cashier asks, handing me a bag of food I just ordered earlier.

"Yep, thank you." I smile, reaching down to my purse to grab for my wallet and that is when I realize something.

I don't have any money with me.

"Ugh." I let out a groan, "Can you just wait for a bit? I left my wallet in the car, I will be back." I quickly say.

"Of course, Ms." 

I run out of the store, feeling completely embarassed that not only I can't manage to pay the price of a fast food meal but the fact that I have to ask Jiyong for his money. Ugh. Why didn't I grab my purse before I left the house.

Seeing me walking toward the car at his side, Jiyong rolls down the window and looks at me.

"Do. Not. Run like that again." He says, a little angrily.

"Listen...I-" I stutter, "Ugh, can I borrow some money. I left my purse at home and-"

"Oh, here." He says, immediately hands me his american express card, "I am so sorry, I totally forget to give it to you."

"Thanks." I mumble and this time, walk slowly back to the store.

I pay the cashier and take the bag before getting back inside the car. I unwrap the bag and was about to take the food out when I realize I am not sitting in my family's car like always but in a car that costs probably more than my school tuition combined. I neatly folds the bag and put the food away.

"Sorry, that meeting took longer than I expect." Jiyong says, finally hanging up the call and sigh, triedly, "You can just eat, it's okay. I am not that picky about my car." He chuckles.

"Are you sure?" I ask, "I make a mess when I eat honestly." 

"Just eat, baby. It's not a big deal. You are starving." 

Baby. That damn baby. Ugh. Why does he have to call me like that? Not that I hate it or anything even though I would, normally but lately, I have been feeling it. I like being called baby and especially by him. It just feels so right and soothing somehow.

I unwrap the bag and begin to take out all the foods. 

"Oh here, your card." I say, handing him his card but since he is driving, I try to find a spot to leave it instead.

"No, you keep it." He says, "I have been meaning to give you one."

"You don't really have to.." I sigh, "I don't think my expense would cost that much as well..I don't need a black card."

Originally, I am from the States and of course, I know american express better than him even. The company only gives out their centurion card to loyal customers and those people who make like a ton a lot of money each year. They are so exclusive and , the fact that I just use this card to buy a burger is probably the dumbest thing.

"Just keep it for everything, Jessie. Anything you need." He tells.

I nod slightly, and decide to just listen to him. The ride back home is quiet, most of the noise is coming from me eating my food but as much as the tasty the burger is, I can't seem to be cheerful. Everytime I sneak a look at Jiyong, his face looks so tired. He looks exhausted but in the same time trying so hard to keep his eyes on the road.

It is almost one in the morning and unlike me, he didn't have a time to nap throughout the day. He must have been exhausted. 

Looking into the bag, I remember that I bought two type of burgers in case the meat patty got me sick, so I have something else to eat. Jiyong pull up the driveway into the garage of our apartment building. He parks the car and we are about to get out when I hold up the paper bag to him.

"Here." I say, looking the other way, "I bought a little too much. You should have it."

There is a few moment of silent and he pauses for a while before taking the bag from my hand.

"Thank you." 

I turn to see him smiling to himself like an idiot and somehow find myself trying hard not to blush. What is going on with me? Yesterday, he is the last person in my mind and heck, I hate him with my gut but today I am all worried and feel bad for how hard he is working. What is this.

We take the elevator up to the floor and I pretend to be busy, finishing off the left over fries in the bag. I can feel his eyes burning on me the whole entire time and it is really hard to keep my face emotionless especially when I know he is smiling at me.

The elevator door slid opened, and we step out. 

"Good night." I quickly say, dismissing myself to my room.

"Jessie." I stop in my track when he calls, "We are going to the mall tomorrow to get some stuffs you might need and if you have time tomorrow morning, we should start packing." 

"But aren't we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter