THREAT

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Joohyun was waken up by Jungkook’s loud call outside their tent. Scratching her eyes with a yawn, she realized Taehyung is no longer at her side which means he woke up earlier than him. She went out from the tent and Jungkook greeted her with a smile. It took her minutes to realize that he’s not alone.

“I apologize for interrupting your sleep, I have some fairies with to assist you with your dress.” Jungkook said and the fairies greeted her with a bow. 

“Where’s Taehyung?” Joohyun asked. 

“Oh he’s at the camp. He has a meeting with some watchers. Anyway would you allow them to go in? You must be dressed before the meeting ends.” He informed her.

Joohyun knew that woman in the Kingdom dress elegantly and without asking. She let the fairies measure every part of her body. They’re quick and sharp and somehow attractive. Three of them are already sewing her dress with their wand while two of them guided Joohyun to the bath shed.

After an hour, she’s already well groomed and dressed. “You look beautiful.” Taehyung compliments her as soon as he saw her. 

“You think so?” She smiled and spin as she shows how she looks. “It’s the fairies. I didn’t know they’re this talented..” 

“We must go on our way now.” 

“We are leaving?” Joohyun asked.

The chariot arrives and Taehyung pulled the door for Joohyun. In her surprise, Wendy is already inside and is well dressed as her, or if she could judge. She dressed way better than her.

“Are the fairies have some sort of favoritism?” Joohyun asked. 

“Why would you say that?” Wendy asked.

“Well you look prettier than me and your dress looks elegant than mine.” Joohyun complained nicely. 

Taehyung sits beside her and locked the door. Knocking on its walls to cue Jungkook that they’re ready to go. “I don’t think so. Both of you looks pretty and elegant equally.” 

Joohyun frown but she can’t deny that it is the first time she saw Wendy in an elagant dress without her suit and nerdy eye glasses. “If I knew you’re that beautiful, I should’ve made you sign a contract under my company.” 

“Oh Joohyun unnie stop it.” She respond with a sigh. “To tell you honestly, this is a bit uncomfortable. The dress is too long, too tight and I don’t like the way it shows a bit of my chest.”

“Oh come on, why don’t you just be confidently beautiful? The fairies did a very good job.” Joohyun said.

“Beautiful?” She rolled her eyes. “If this is your definition if beautiful, I’d rather be ugly for the rest of my life.” She complained. 

“You know what? Just quit it.” Wendy responded. “But where are we going anyway?” She curiously asked.

“Well when Joohyun’s Mother passed away, she casted a spell to a sword that could possibly kill the creator of underworld.” Taehyung explained. “and we’re making our way to get there.”

“Oh so where exactly is that?” 

“Inside a cave nearest to the mouth of the volcano.” Taehyung said.

“Won’t that be too dangerous?” Joohyun worriedly asked. “I’ve already saw you in pain and dying and I m telling you that is enough for me to handle.” 

“We’ll be fine. I promise.” Taehyung said. “That’s why we need the help of the Magmans.”

“Magmans? Are they fireguards?”

“Just like how most of the creatures here evolved to adopt with the changes of the black era, Magmans are the new guards of the volcano, but compared to the fireguards one of their remarkable skills is producing lava and they’ve been controlling the behavior of the volcano ever since.” Taehyung said. “Without them some areas of the Kingdom may be flooded with lava and no one could possibly survive that.”

“The Kingdom really changed a lot.” Joohyun said. 

“Oh and one thing, please stay calm as much as possible. Those people hate me because of my prophecy and they’re really hot tempered and impatient.” Taehyung warned them.

“Guessed that’s the reason why they were placed there.” Wendy responded.

Arriving at the seashore, they managed to ride a boat which Jungkook and Taehyung struggled to row to arrive at the foot of the volcano. Reaching their desired destination panting and with a heavy arm the two decided to take a break before approaching a hundred steps to reach their base.

“Can’t we just ask someone to lift us.?” Wendy asked as she looks up high and she still cant see the base lf the magmans. “You’re the Prince, they should treat you better. Like a VIP.”

Still panting while Joohyun massaging his arms, Taehyung shakes his head in disagreement. “Apparently, they’re against me. They do not want to deal with any of my suggestions and they don’t want to fight against the black magic.” 

“What! How could theylive like that!” Joohyun asked in disbelief. 

“Just no matter what happens, all of us should stay calm. They can easily heat up their base that non of us can endure.” Taehyung warned tgem again,

“I don’t want to be a barbecue.” Jungkook said.

“None of us want to.” Wendy said. “But how do you make sure that they’ll hear you out this time?” She asked.

Making his final deep breath, Taehyung tidy up his hair and wiped his sweat. “We should waste no time to figure that out.” He held Joohyun’s hand and lead the way up to the base. 

“Why did they decide to place their base in the middle of the volcano? The fireguards are living at the foot.” Jungkook complained while he holds Wendy’s wrist for safety.

“Because they do not have the same skill as the fireguards. It’s easy for them to manipulate the temperature of the volcano on its body.” Taehyung explained.

“I’m just praying that they could at least be a little nicer since we did all of this just to get there.” Wendy said.

Reaching the middle part of the volcano, two Magmans are standing at the front gates, wearing only a long lower garment with a bulky and toned body. “Oh seems like we have a visitor again.” They sarcastically said laughing at Taehyung and his company who are panting and sweating heavily as they reach their gates.
Joohyun is pissed. She’s not stupid and by just the tone of their voice she knew that they’re being sarcastic but she recalled what Taehyung have said. “I must stay calm.” She told herself.

“Hi its been a while, front guards.” Taehyung greeted them.

“What brought you here?” Ok Taecyon said folding his arms in front of Taehyung.

“Did he just… he didn’t bow to the Prince?” Joohyun asked Jungkook quietly who is sweating and nervous standing behind Taehyung. He nods and smiled at Joohyun tryinh to keep himself calm.

“I am here to speak again with your head.” Taehyung said confidently.

“How many times have the head told you that our troupe is not interested to your battle with the dark sorcerers?” Taecyeon asked him back. “You must go back to the inner forest and hide yourselves there.”

Even if that is quite insulting. Taehyung managed to stay calm and leave a deep exhale. “I still need to talk to him. I have a deal to offer him and your troupe doesn’t really have to be involved.” Taehyung said.

“We don’t want to deal to anything that relates with the dark sorcers. We’re living peacefully here and we wanted to stay as that.” Jun.K said.

Wendy who has been irritated and uncomfortable with the way she dress and the way she sweats because of the hundred steps of stairs can’t help but to lose it. She marched in front of Taehyung and faced the two front guards with confidence. “We badly need to talk to your head. Our way here isnt a joke and we need to talk to someone better than you cowards.” 

“Oh no… she insulted them.” Jungkook said worriedly.

“Wendy calm down. We just need to talk to them nicely and they will allow us.” Taehyung said.

“Did you just call us cowards?” Jun.k who’s totally offended asked her. “My lady, We’ve been very nice to you. We suggest you to leave this place now.”

“No!” Wendy annoyingly responded. “We traveled with a chariot, a boat and a hundred steps walk just to get here and we cannot go back earning nothing.” 

“You don’t understand My lady, the dark sorcerers are controlled by tye creator in the underworld and in just one snap he could vanish all of us in this world.” Taecyeon explained.

“And that’s what makes you more coward.” Wendy immediately respond.

Gritting his teeth, his hand and with his eyebrows about to meet, Jun.K can no longer hold his temper. His veins started to appear as if a lava flows inside his body while it shines from the veins on his neck down to his forearm. “You must leave now!” Jun,K warne.

“No!” Wendy insisted. 

And Taecyeon just smiled in return. Jungkook jumped as he can already feel that the ground is getting hot. “I don’t want to be a barbecue!” He screamed but with just few seconds, the ground became normal again and it even turned colder.

Taecyeon was worried so he get along with Jun,K kneeling on the ground placing their palms and trying to manipulate the heat of the volcano but they can’t.

“What’s happening?” Taehyung asked and when he turned around he can already see Joohyun with her eyes closed. “It’s you.” He smiled.
Joohyun is so powerful that she can control by her mind to set the temperature in that area in a way that their bodies can tolerate. Some of the Magmans inside the base are already working together to beat the cold but they can’t and the head Magman woke up from his sleep, his base is getting too cold for them, that he needs to wear his metal armor to warm himself. He made his way to the inner base and found his men struggling to control the volcano. 

“Head Suga! We dan no longer take it.” One of his men complained.

“Stop now.” Suga comma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter