WELCOME BACK

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun and Wendy didn’t waste any time. They went in the library and search every books regarding physics and parallel worlds. After that, they went back to Wendy’s house and scattered all the book that they borrowed at the library and it filled her dining table that some of them even dropped on the floor.

Panting, Joohyun asked. “Okay… now that we got all the resources that could possibly help us.” She paused. “How are we going to read all of this?” 

Wendy exhales. “Why did we damn think of this?” She asked her friend and of course herself. 

“Well let’s just read everything, maybe we can find some that could help us.” Joohyun said as she tries go encourage her friend. She grabbed some random book and open it in random pages.

“Unnie… I’m afraid that’s not the best idea.” Wendy said. “Have you recalled the time you were found? You keep on insisting that you’ve been staying in that world for months? When in fact you were just lost for less than a day.” 

“Our time works differently.” Joohyun said as she closed the book.

“Well what if we could find out where he lives? Maybe some of he has been with besides us knew his secret.” Wendy suggested.

The two grabbed their phones and browse the internet and luckily there are some blogs about Byun Baekhyun where he and Jungkook was mentioned. “So… he’s related to the author of that book?”

And so the two made their way personally at Byun Baekhyun’s house. Wendy pulled on the breaks as soon as they reached his gates. “We’re here.” She said.

“Alright let’s go.” Joohyun said and was about to leave the car but Wendy stopped her before she could open the door.

“Could we just at least uhmm.. practice what we could say to him?” Wendy asked hesitantly. “Cause if he’s not aware of V’s secrets then we might be look dumb.” 

“Oh.” Joohyun realized that she was right that she placed her hands on her lap from the door.

“So the best thing to ask is. Where’s V?” Wendy said.

“Or should I introduce myself as his ex girlfriend?” 

“Would that made you sound like a pathetic, crazy and running after your ex lover kind a thing?” Wendy asked her back “and besides, parents doesn’t always get in between their children’s relationships.” 

“I can’t imagine this is going to be difficult than I thought.” Joohyun said.

The two are still troubled and busy with their so called scripts that they didn’t notice that Baekhyun’s car is already behind theirs. Baekhyun went off his car and knocked on the two which made both of them startled. 

“Omo.. he looks like V.” Wendy said before she pressed down her window.

“Good evening. Is there anything I could help you with?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Well.. we’re looking for someone.” Joohyun said.

“Is V around?” Wendy added out of nowhere. 

Baekhyun looked sideways, after searching anywhere they could be and he failed. He knew he must erase Taehyung and Jungkook’s evidence of existence in their world. “I’m sorry but I don’t know who you’re looking for.” 

“No that’s,. You have a blog.” Wendy said as she was still hesitant to get to the point.
Baekhyun nods. “I barely met someone who’s interested with articles and blog about an astronomer.” Then he smiles “I would like to thank you for that but you’re blocking my gates and I would like to have a rest right now.”

Making it obvious , Wendy knew that Baekhyun doesn’t want to entertain her, she went off the car and tried to follow him. “What about JK?”

“I don’t know him.” Baekhyun said and went inside his car and slammed the door.

“No wait!” Wendy said as she placed both of her hand on his window. “That book!” She exhales and without hesitation. “You’ve been into Prince Taehyung’s world!” She yelled at him. 

And Joohyun was just there still standing beside her car watching how cringy her friend is and how she looked stupid for pertaining that book and of course the other world. 

But even if she believed it or not, that remark of Wendy made Baekhyun invite them inside his mansion. He placed 2 cups of tea for both of them. “What do you want to know.” Baekhyun asked.

But the two are pursing their lips. There are lots of things that they wanted to ask but its difficult for them to ask question where in they won’t sound stupid. 

“Do I have to patiently wait for you to speak?” Baekhyun asked as he knows that the two are just holding back even if they already have something in their mind. 

“Uhmmm. I saw how V was about to leave this world. His body faded right before my eyes.” Wendy asked. 

“And how did you know that he’s leaving this world? What if you were just dreaming?”

“He told me. It was the same way how did Joohyun left his world and please stop asking question that will make me look dumb.” Wendy said as she frowned.

Joohyun was just quiet sitting next to Wendy. Baekhyun makes her nervous as if she feels like she’s talking to her boyfriend’s father. Even if she had a lot of questions she couldn’t ask, his presence was just quite uncomfortable for her,

Baekhyun nods and now convinced. “To tell you honestly. I also don’t know how am I going to answer whatever you’re going to ask.” He sighs. “You see this world isn’t just the world alone and so as we as creatures as well..” 

Finally that he’s becoming more open with what they are curious of. Joohyun finally had the courage to ask. “I actually had a lot in mind to ask you.” She looked down. “Well my friend here is a psychiatrist and after learning that I have some memories in that world she tried to manipulate my mind to convince me that those memories aren’t real.” 

“You mean, you’re the one who has been doing that?” He asked Wendy.

“Well I’m sorry, I’ve already apologized a hundred of times for doing that. How am I supposed to know if those memories were real back then?” She tried to defend herself. “But wait a minute, you sound like you have an idea about that?” 

“When V arrived in this world. I was the one who stand as his guardian and he has been frustrated on how you kept on considering your memories as dreams.” Baekhyun explained.

“Then if it is frustrating for him why don’t he just tell me the truth?” Joohyun furiously asked.

“Well the Prince did something that he totally regret.” Baekhyun confessed. “He ordered someone to erase your memories of him.”

“What?” Joohyun asked in disbelief.

“See!” Wendy exclaimed at her friend. “Did you really have the guts to blame me for not returning all your memories in details?”

“Why would he do that?” Joohyun asked as if she’s about to cry. 

“After learning that you have a power that you can’t control, the Prince and the sorcerer decided to erase any memories of him from you so the powers tat you possessed may not be triggered again.” He confessed truthfully “The Prince was afraid that your powers might ruin the kingdom or worst is, it may take your life.”

“The sorcerer was the one who took my memories of him?” Joohyun asked.

Baekhyun shakes his head “sorcerers doesn’t ave that skills. It might be a mermaid.” 

“But as much as I try to recall there were no mermaids around when I left the Kingdom.” 

“Unnie… mermaid tails turned to feet once they reached the ground.” Wendy added.

“Well if he really ordered a mermaid to take my memories of him, it is way to esy to tell me the truth and tell me that he’s afriad that I might take my own life as a reason.”

“Let’s pretend that you’re still under the mind manipulation… will you believe those remarks specially of you have forgotten the details of your bearings?” Baekhyun asked her and answered his question as well.

Joohyun gazed sharply at Wendy. “This is all your fault.” 

“Hey, that’s why I am here. I’m trying to make up for the mistakes that I’ve done.” She explained.

“More than those reasons. The Prince was already doubting to go back and his desires of staying here with you made it difficult for him to save the kingdom.” 

“Please help me to enter the kingdom again.” Joohyun begged. “I need to see him. I need to talk to him.” 

Baekhyun barged in V’s room and grabbed his laptop. He has a strong feeling that Taehyung might still be finding way to travel the worlds faster than he knows. While he was busy searching files in Taehyung’s laptop, something caught Wendy’s attention. 

“Joohyun look.” It was Taehyung’s royal suit hanging in his open closet. She pulled it out from there and realized that the buttons that were stitched to it are like the ones that Joohyun had when she was found. 

Joohyun closed her eyes as she run her palms on the sleeves of Taehyung’s royal suit. She can’t recall any clear memory of Taehyung wearing the suit but she recall how it always feels against her finger tips. “Everything’s real.”

“That was he was wearing when he arrived in this world.” Baekhyun said and he shuts his laptop.

“Did you find anything?” Joohyun asked while her hands are still gripping Taehyung’s suit.

“I apologize, I didn’t.” He sighs “I’m afraid we have to wait for the stars to meet and anticipate the entrance of the Kingdom.” 

“How long do we have to wait then?” Wendy asked.

“3 days.” Baekhyun said. “and that’s at least 3 years from that world.” 

“3 years? No wait. Taehyung said that his world needs Joohyun. There can be lot of things that can happen within a day.” Wendy complained. 

“I know.” Baekhyun said. “and I couldn’t guarantee if he’s even alive once you enter that world.”

“No please! There might be another way.” Joohyun begged.
On the third day, Joohyun and Wendy arrived at Baekhyun’s place. The night and day passed by really slow fro Joohyun. Every hour was difficult to endure knowing that Taehyung is spending his day everyday in danger in his world. 

“I didn’t know you’ll look good in track suit.” Wendy complimented her.

“Stop being sarca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter