MEMORIES

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy drive as fast as she could and if there’s one thing she’s bad at? It’s multitasking. There are lots of things that she wanted to ask and clarify but she can’t since she’s 100% focused on the road. While Taehyung is just sitting nervously while on their way, fearing that he might fail to catch a glance of Joohyun again.

“We’re here.” Wendy said and she decided to park at the basement’s parking lot so Taehyung could make his way to the fire exit. She stepped on the breaks forcefully that the car stops exactly at the fire exit. “I don’t know exactly where the launching event is but try to check the function hall at 11th floor. Joohyun is afraid of heights. I am sure she didn’t avail any function hall higher than that floor.” 

Taehyung nods. “Thank you.” He thanked her. “I really mean it. This might be the last time that we will be seeing each other and I appreciate your help.” He offered a smile “by the way I am Taehyung.” He said and left the car.

Wendy’s eyes widened “P-Prince Taehyung?!” But before she could affirm Taehyung already made it inside the fire exit.

Luckily, when the body doesn’t totally disappear to any world body functions can be used as if it is intact. He went inside the fire exit and he knew it’s going to be tiring. He ascends on the staircase still struggling to endure the pain but he’s still very eager to see Joohyun. 

Sweating, panting, catching his breath when he reached the 11th floor it was a surprised for him to be exactly at the event of Joohyun’s new season’s collection. Reporters, cameras and guests are already inside. Including Joohyun and her staffs. 

He badly wanted to come near her and say good bye. Deep inside his heart even if Joohyun will not come after him he would understand. He hides himself behind a tall plant beside the doors of the fire exit. He knew that if anyone would see him they are going to freak out and may totally ruin the launching event. 

Joohyun is just a glass divider and 20 steps away from him but a glance was what he is only asking for and right now all he can do is to accept the fact that he can no longer give his last embrace and good bye to Joohyun in her world.

While the reporters and cameras are busy with their business with the launching event and the guests are on their own admiring the apparels that Joohyun made, she was busy on her phone doubting if she would call Taehyung. She grips her phone and the feeling that she could only have is frustration rather than excitement.

Joohyun gazed at the glass walls to check how many guests are still registering outside but her eyes caught Taehyung’s face behind a tall indoor plant beside the fire exit. “Chairman Bae?” a reporter caught her attention “We are from CNN Asia I was wondering if you could spare some time for an interview.”

“Ah ne. Sure just give me a minute,” she was certain that she saw Taehyung so she rushed outside the launching event and run to the tall plant and realized that no one was there. She shut her eyes and shake her head wondering if she’s hallucinating.

“Wait! You have to let me in. I am her friend.” Wendy at the entrance hall arguing with the guards at the front door was heard by Joohyun. She approached them but with her surprise Wendy is wearing her sleep attire. “Joohyun!” She screamed as soon as she saw her. “Please! I need to talk to you.” 

“I apologize Chairman Bae. She has been here for half an hour.” The body guard said.

Joohyun raised her palm telling the guard to stay quiet. She slowly walk to her friend wearing her I intimidating look. “As far as I’m concern… I didn’t invite you in my launching event.”

“I know. To tell you honestly I also don’t have the courage to attend this launching event as well but I am here cause there’s something I badly needed to tell you.” Wendy said.

Looking by her face and her eagerness as she stresses more her voice and tune, Joohyun already know that what she’s about to say is already at the tip of her tongue. “If you’re here to apologize please just leave.”

“Then I’m going to keep my apology to myself.” Wendy bravely said. “I have something to tell you more than my apology.” 

Sakura approached Joohyun “Chairman Bae we’re about to start we’re just waiting for you,” she said ignoring questions and her curiosity why isnt she allowing Wendy to get inside.

“Doctor Son, please leave.” Joohyun coldly responded and turned her back making her way inside her launching event.

Wendy still tried but the guards are too strong for her, that they were able to carry her back at the ground floor at the lobby. Wendy knew at this point Taehyung might no longer be around. She cursed herself a lot, blaming for the wrong decision that she made but she knew, she’s the only hope of Taehyung and she still have the chance to confess to Joohyun.

“And once again, Bae Joohyun made history with her new season’s collection that orders all over the world made it sold out without its 24 hour release.” A reporter said. She just dominated the fashion industry once again, her name is trending and articles related to her flooded any SNS applications.

The launching event was perfect and was able to exceed everyone’s expectation. Except Joohyun. She never drink wine during her launching events cause she knew it will get her totally drunk and will suffer with an headache the next day, but she did. She already had 3 glasses of wine that her brothers are already nearby just in case she gets drunk.

“Its your launching event. You should be happy and mingle with your guests.” Leeteuk said.

Joohyun forced a smile. “I just find this wine very tasty.” 

“Very tasty that you forgot that you’re staring from 11th floor.” Donghae said

And that made her jump backward clinging to her father. “Omona.”

“You’ve been there since the first glass of wine and you didn’t realize? Are you alright?” Donghae asked her sister once again worriedly.

She nods nervously. “Ne.” She lied. “I just wanted to be alone.” Joohyun said and she walked away leaving her family worried. They followed her but she politely asked them yo leave her as of the moment.

Joohyun decided to ditch her own launching event without a word even if she still has to do her closing remarks. She realized that her current mood doesn’t fit the situation in that event so she leave everything in the hands of Sakura. Feeling slightly dizzy, she managed to get inside her vehicle and asked her driver to bring her at the penthouse. 

The wine started to kick in that her vision started to double and her body sways as she walks. Joohyun’s driver managed to stay closer to her without physical contact until they reach the front door of her penthouse. 
“Joohyun.” Wendy said. She has been waiting ever since she was kicked out at the launching event. As soon as Joohyun’s driver saw Wendy, he excused himself and handed Joohyun’s bag to Wendy.

“For goodness sake Wendy!” She exclaimed. She might be dizzy but Wendy’s voice is too familiar for her not to recognize. “Do I really have to say this directly in your face?!” She rudely asked her. Leaning her whole body at her door. “I don’t want to be your friend anymore.”

Wendy’s tears suddenly fell down from her eyes. It hurt her but she knew she deserved it. “If that’s what you wanted then I’m fine with that,” she said, gripping Joohyun’s bag in her hand,

“Then what are you waiting for? Leave my place!” She yelled at her.

“Joohyun. There’s something that I need to tell you.” Wendy said as her tears fell down.

Joohyun sarcastically giggled “what is it?”

“You just need to hear me out Joohyun.” Wendy said and she gulped. 

Joohyun smirked “hear you out? Wendy you know me a lot. You know V is different from the guys I previously dated.” Joohyun said and she started to cry as well. “You know the reason why I no longer look for my Mom? It’s because I already found my place in him that even the dream of my Mom ascending to heaven is enough for me not to seek for anyone’s love and affection besides his.”

“All of those things that you have said, those things that I thought were false memories… everything was real.” She gripped tighter. “From the mermaids to the fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter