HIDDEN WOODS

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the middle of the night Joohyun has finished taking a bath and is now currently on their bed but the bed feels so empty and no matter how she tries to fall asleep, she failed. She’s too worried about Taehyung and if she only has a choice, she would stay with him all night.

She decided to leave her room and roam around the Palace just to keep herself occupied. She passed by the fountain and found Ha Jiwon sitting while observing the fishes that swim around it.

“Annyeong.” Joohyun greeted her. Somehow, she managed to keep her authority even if its awkward to her to speak informally to Ji Won who’s obviously way older than her.

Ha Jiwon immediately stands up from where she was seated and bowed at the Princess. “What brings you here My Princess? You should be sleeping by now.”

Joohyun smiled as she noticed that Ha Jiwon is trying her best to hide the sadness from her eyes. “I would love to but I keep on worrying about the Prince.” She smiled. “I saw him falling right before my eyes and it was too horrifying.”

“You saw him?” Ha Jiwon asked her. “Did he really suspend in the air before he could reach the mouth of the volcano?”

Joohyun tried so hard to remember but she can’t since when Sehun witnessed Taehyung floated in the air Joohyun shut her eyes in fear at the same time. “Miane.. but I couldn’t remember. Did the sky guards reported that?”

Ha Jiwon nods. “They were suspecting that the Prince is practicing black magic or if not he might have the sky guards blood line.” She informed the Princess as she becomes uneasy and her hands became too fidgety.

Joohyun couldn’t understand. She held Jiwon’s hand and asked her to calm down. “Why does it scare you?”

“Those false accusation might put the Prince into danger. If they proved that he is practicing black magic they will kill him and if they proved that he has the skyguard’s blood then he has to drop his title as the king and do his obligation as a skyguard.” Jiwon explained. When Joohyun held her hand she became comfortable around her.

“Can’t a sky guard be in the royal family?” Joohyun asked.

“You don’t understand my Princess King SeokJin and I have no blood line of a sky guard. He must be dethroned once they proved it but I am certain that the Prince is our offspring even though I wasn’t able to hold him when I give birth to him.” Jiwon said and she started to cry.

“I will not let that happen. I will protect the Prince as long as I am here.” Joohyun assured Jiwon but deep inside it also worries her for the safety of Taehyung.

On the other hand, Taehyung suddenly woke up from the Healer’s room. He was breathing rapidly; his eyes are wide and his throat is dry. He woke dreaming of his fall since he knew to himself that it is impossible for Sehun to catch him because of the distance and speed of his fall. He knew to himself that he passed out because of the fear and anxiety of dying and now it surprised him to realize that he is in the Healer’s room.

The Healer brought him a cup of tea to make him calm. He immediately drinks it and it helped his heartbeat subsides. “Everything is alright My Prince. Please take more rest for you to get better.”

“Where’s the Princess? Is she alright?” Taehyung asked worriedly grabbing both of the Healer’s arm.

“She’s sleeping in your bedroom right now.”

“I’ll be going to our bedroom now. I wish to spend the night with my Princess.” Taehyung informed the healer.

Exactly when Taehyung went out from the Healer’s room. He found Joohyun ascends to the stairs to their bedroom. “Princess Irene.” He called her and she immediately turned around. Worriedly approached him and they met in the middle of the staircase.

“Kwenchana? Why did you leave the Healer’s room?” Joohyun asked as she observes him from head to toe.

Taehyung smiled and was so glad to see that his Princess is fine and safe. “I was so worried about you.” He confessed and gave her a tight embrace. “Let’s go to our bedroom now. I want to sleep like this with you.”

The next morning was like just a regular day to Taehyung. His armor and weapon are still prepared at the lobby of their bedroom and that made Joohyun very pissed. She went back inside their room and blocked Taehyung’s way to the bedroom’s lobby to get his attire for today.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Joohyun said firmly gazing at him sharply.

He exhales deeply trying his best to act tough in front of the Princess. “Please move, I have my duties as a Defender of this Kingdom.”

“Tell the Defenders that you will not be attending the inspection for today.” She commanded gritting her teeth.

Taehyung gulped. “Ani, I need to wear my attire now.” But Joohyun just looked at him very pissed.

“I saw you falling right before my eyes. I am warning you, If I have to cut your limbs today I will just so you can’t live the Palace.” Joohyun warned and made sure to express that she is serious.

Taehyung and Joohyun reached the dining area after he ordered the servant to inform the Defenders that he will not join the inspection today. King Jin was glad to see that the second Prince isn’t wearing his armor for today. “I am glad that you’ll be staying inside the Palace today. You need some time to rest.” King Jin said.

“I just thought that you might get worried if I stay outside today.” He lied and then smiled.

Seeing him having breakfast with them again made King Namjoon emotional. After the accusation that Sehun revealed last night he thought he couldn’t afford Taehyung to be dethroned and leaving the Royal Family. For him, Taehyung could lead the Kingdom better than Jimin.

After having their first meal Taehyung and Jimin send their Princesses to their carriage. Joohyun made sure to gaze at Taehyung intensely to tell him that he should take a rest for today and Taehyung just responded with a nod and a wave for good bye.

Taehyung went back to their bedroom and passed by his armor and weapon at the lobby of their bedroom. He noticed two skyguards standing on his room’s balcony so he approached them. “Did the Princess ordered you to be here?”

“No Prince Taehyung. The Lead Skyguard Sehun did.” Johnny informed him.

“Can you please fetch him for me? I need to speak to him.” Taehyung ordered.

Johnny flew from the Palace and went to Sehun at the floating island were the wind creatures resides. When Sehun knew that the Prince is looking for him, he left the bowl of seeds to the children to feed the birds.

They flew down on Taehyung’s balcony and he immediately kneeled down as soon as he lands. Taehyung commanded him to rise and to sit down opposite to him. “yesterday.” Taehyung said. “I am sure that it will be very impossible for you to save me, based from your distance to me. I am sure that my body will be burning before I reach the mouth of the volcano.”

“My Prince. I was quite surprised as well that I was able to catch you. I’m not gonna lie. I already exert my energy to save you.”

“Then what happened?”

“You float in the air.” Sehun said.

Taehyung’s eyes widened in disbelief. “That’s impossible.. I don’t have the skill to fly.”

Sehun bowed at the Prince to show that he still respects him regardless of his honest remarks. “I was informed by a sky guard that the fire guards absorbed the heat of the Volcano when they saw you falling from the sky. Getting near the mouth of the Volcano will not burn you to death but it didn’t save you.” Sehun told him. “You are still alive my Prince because you suspended in the air and that gave me the chance to catch you.” He honestly confessed.

Taehyung was confused and clueless. He doesn’t want to believe him but he witness it on his own how far is Sehun and how it is impossible for him to catch him from that distance. Without responding to what Sehun revealed, he thought of the Princess once again. “The Princess is not safe. This isn’t the first time that her life was threaten.” Taehyung said and he dismissed Sehun immediately to fetch one of the Royal Investigators.

Sehun obey his order but he also didn’t forget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter