CONNECTION IN BETWEEN

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy knew by just looking at the mermaid’s face that somehow she’s totally guilty of what she’ve done. That every drop if her tears would tell how much she regret what happened to Taehyung.

“Hi.” Wendy awkwardly greeted her. She has been so eager to approach the mermaid from the start and she couldn’t totally hide how amaze she was with her transformation on land.

The mermaid faked a smile and immediately wiped her tears. “Annyeong.” And Wendy started to become fidgety after gearing her voice. “So are you a knew creature at this world? Did the story of mermaids by your elders amazed you now that you met one?”

Wendy nods. “To tell you honestly… I am not really from this world and a creature like you doesn’t really exist in mine.” She sighs as she cant keep herself from being awkward. “Seems like Prince V, I mean Taehyung was right,” she corrected herself, “he told us that mermaids are loyal.”

“He said that?” She smirked. “Mermaids have the most unique skill in this world but yet we are really weak.” 

“By the way I am Wendy,” she introduced herself out of nowhere.

“I am Joy,” She faintly responded.

“Doctor Son!” A man yelled out of nowhere interrupted their conversation and when Wendy looked around who it might be, her eyes widened as soon as she recognized Jungkook. He run towards her and bowed to her with a greetings.

“Jk.. its you,” she weirdly clarified.

“Your arms became bigger and you gain some facial hair.” She said. “You were just too young weeks ago?”

Jungkook scratched his head as he shyly accepted her compliment with a smile. “Oh wait. I have something to return to you.” He run as quickly as he could to his tent and when he came back panting and breathing heavily. “Here.” 

He handed Wendy a pen from her clinic and when she tried to recall, She turned over the chart to Jungkook to fill Taehyung’s information at the hospital. 

Wendy barge in the Healer’s place and found her friend sobbing beside Taehyung praying for him not to die, “Joohyun.” 

“Wendy not now. I am not in the mood to talk to that mermaid. Stop trying.” She said between her gulps as she pillowed Taehyung’s arm soaked in her tears.

“No, listen to me Unnie. I think I already know how did I entered this world.” Wendy said and she show her the pen that Jungkook returned to her.

“What’s with that? Please leave me with Prince Taehyung for a while Wendy,” 

“Don’t you get it? This is a pen from my clinic it saids DOCTOR SON PSYCHIATRIC CLINIC and Jk just returned this to me.” Wendy said. “This is my key to this world..” 

“What?!” Taehyung who has been faking his unconsciousness for an hour stood up and it made everyone surprised. He snatched the pen from Wendy who’s currently froze after she saw how easy it was for Taehyung to rise without any pain. 

Taehyung marched out from the healer’s place and found Jungkook chatting with the mermaid. They were having fun recalling the lovely kingdom that they used to be aware of. Until “Defender Jeon!” He yelled and Jungkook knew he’s already in trouble.

“Waeyo?” He curled a little bit.

“What the hell is this?” Taehyung said as he showed him Wendy’s pen. 

He pointed Wendy who’s standing with Irene steps away from Taehyung “Its hers so I an returning it back.”

“So if you have this pen with you it means that the person who owned this pen has already the key in this world.” Taehyung yelled at him. “You pulled Doctor Son here!” 

And that’s when Jungkook realized that he messed up. He almost mouthed his fist and he knew he’s screwed for being so ignorant. Taehyung gazed at him sharply “1…” he started counting and Jungkook started to step back. “2..” he stepped back again… “Run!” He command and Jungkook run as fast as he could he jumped to the Lion and he smacked its nape to spread its wings and they fly.

While Taehyung is still keeping his gaze on him, he extended right arm and he perfectly caught the bow that came from the sky while his left arm caught the arrow and now he’s ready to target Jungkook fixing his one eye to focus and shutting his other eye to decrease the distractions. 

He was ready to release the arrow but Joohyun appeared in front of him holding his bow “stop” she commanded coldly with a sharp gaze.

“Just one hit and that Jungkook will be dead.”

But the way Taehyung acts as if nothing happened when she was there along with him crying like a river and watching him as if he’s slowly dying made her feel pissed and insultd at the same time and right now is not the time for Joking to Joohyun, so out of anger and frustration she tigthened her grip and the bow broke by just her beard hand.

She opened her palm and some dust from the bow flow from her hand. “You broke my weapon!” Taehyung complaint.

“Just like you did when you broke my weapon.”

“It was a flashlight on your phone,”

“Until you claimed that I blinded you with that.” 

The creatures like fairies, sorcerers, sky watcher couldn’t believe with what they’ve saw. The Princess just broke the weapon that is known to be made from the strongest wood in the Kingdom. It came from the tall, wide and dark trees of the dark palace.

“I need to talk to you.” Joohyun calmly said. “In private.” 

Taehyung lead her way to his tent which is just quite larger than Jungkook’s. “Calm yourself Joohyun.” She said as soon as she entered his place. It surprised her to see a lot of artworks of her hanging on the foundations of his tent

“What now?” Taehyung asked her.

“Really you didn’t know?” She rolled her eyes and gulped, “you were just pierced by s mermaid’s weapon that is poisonous and is deadly made, I saw how you slowly die and how the poison spread all over your body. You became pale and purple lines…” and she was stopped by a tight embrace from Taehyung. He knew to himself how painful it was for the Princess that she couldn’t even find the right words to confess everything. “And you’re just there acting like nothing happened.”

“I know I have already said this but I am sorry,” he apologized and caressed her head. “To tell you honestly I got everything under control.”

“What?” Joohyun asked in disbelief. “You were dying earlier Prince Taehyung!”

Taehyung nods. “I know wnd to tell you honestly it was difficult to endure the pain of the poison.” He added. “If you fought with a sea cretaure there are two possible way to kill you. Either she will drown me in that thick muddy sea or pierced me with her poisonous knife.”

“Fine, I never heard of that… but how are you so sure that you’re going to make it alive?” Joohyun asked him.

Taehyung place both of his hands on her shoulder and pulled her away gently from him. He cupped his face and looked deeply through his eyes, “because you’re here.”

His stare, the way he looks at her was hypnotizing. As if her soul is being immersed internally by the Prince. So she shut her eyes and walked away from him. “Tsh, that doesn’t make sense.”

“I am not even 100% sure,.” Taehyung confessed a nd she gave Joohyun a backhug “but do you remember our first fight? The incident before that. I was pierced by an arrow directly to my heart and when I came home I was surprised to see that it healed.” 

He passively but gently twisted her to face him. “and that day when I fell from the sky carriage. Even the sky guard knew that it was impossible for him to catch me but I suspended in the air and you are there as well.” But Joohyun gave him a disbelief look “when we had an accident and the car fell from the bridge. You saved me.”

“You mean I have the power to save you by healing your wounds or preventing your death?” 

“I don’t know up to what extent but I already tried to jump from the cliff and stabbed myself with a knife I get well because of natural healing.” Taehyung said. “But you have to promise me one thing.”

“What is it?” She curiously asked as Taehyung looked more serious and sincere with his remarks.

“If the day comes that you have to choose between me and the Kingdom together with its people you have to choose them over me.” Taehyung told herand it was so obvious that it made Joohyun quiver. “Since after all the stupid decisions that I made, I do not deserve  to be crowned by this Kingdom.”

“Stop being so over dramatic. You don’t have to tell me at all. You’re no longer my priority.” Joohyun lied. 

She walked away from Taehyung as it pains her to realize that the Prince blames himself for what happened in the Kingdom but before she could leave “Why are you so cold? Are you mad because I did something against your will or it embarrassed you to realize that you slept with a teenager?” He asked her.

Joohyun paused for awhile, now that her lost memories were finally revived she was able to recall every single detail of Taehyung. From how they met to how they are together in his tent right now. He’s right, he doesn’t look the same the way he was back then. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter