HAPPY ISN’T IT?

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

before saying good bye…

After the sudden changes that Joohyun made in the Kingdom, she went back to the inner forest and found no one except the elderly who’s wearing a thicker cloth to protect herself from freezing. By just looking at Joohyun’s face, she already knew what her dreams are all about and its troubling her more.

“You’re troubled and remarkably sad.” The elderly said as she greeted her with a bow.

Joohyun faced her as her tears falls down from her eyes, it quickly dries up because of the freezing weather. She nods in response and didn’t respond. She embraced the elderly and cry heavily. 

“When he pushed you out of this world, he didn’t waste a time cause you can put your life in danger anytime.” The elderly said as she taps the Joohyun’s back. “We’re all destined to a person but sometimes the time ruins everything.” 

Still, Puzzled on things that she has to do, Joohyun’s embrace started to get tighter. “This the right time to prioritize the Kingdom over love, because if you choose him either of you will die.” 

“You’re already saying what you meant directly.” Joohyun said between her sniffs.

“We never have the skill to do that, its just you already know what you have to do.” The elderly explained.

Joohyun nods. “It will hurt me more to witness him dying than to be far away from him as long as I knew he’s alive.” She gulps. “I have to call the mermaid.” 

-    

Paving her way back to the inner forest with Joy, the weather becomes colder and the snow storm becomes heavier. Joy struggles to make her way but Joohyun who often blinks didn’t mind how difficult her steps were. 

Joohyun stopped from walking and so Joy as well. She faced the mermaid with courage and asked her. “Are you certain that you washed away all his memories?”

Joy nods “His memories of this Kingdom, his own self and even every detail of his memories of you.” Joy affirmed. Before Joohyun could turn her back to walk again “wait.” Joy speak up. “I am curious, why do you have to erase his memories if you can just ask him to stay in your world?”

Joohyun forced smiled. “Unfortunately that Prince loves me more than his life. He’s even aware that he’s going to die just to save me and this Kingdom. I won’t let that happen.” She sighs. “And if he stayed there, he’s wise enough to find his way back in here just to save me.” And she started to cry. “He will risk his life for me.” 

“Then, if things get back to how it is used to be, how will he be able to come back here if he hasn’t have any memories here?” 

“Before I asked you to erase his memories, I already know that there might no possibility of him coming back in here.” Joohyun said as she burst out crying. 

The mermaid badly wanted to comfort her but she just assisted her to walk back to the inner forest. Joy made sure that she will be resting in her tent before she left her. That she even hear her sobs outside her tent. 

“Joohyun!” A scream from a distant was heard by Joy and she was certain that it is Wendy. Holding a lamp made with lava. Struggling to enter the inner forest as the snow suddenly reached her waist. 

“Wendy!” Joy rushed to assist her and was so worried how she looked pale. “The Princess is inside the tent.” 

Wendy went inside and found Joohyun crying heavily. Her eyes are swollen, her nose is red and her lips are too dry because if too much sobbing. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Can’t you see I’m depressed?” Joohyun asked her. 

“Oh yes I can, even if I don’t I can sense that you are. What have you done to the Kingdom? The magmans are getting weaker and weaker everyday exerting more skill to maintain the heat inside their place.” She complained.

“Wendy, I erased Taehyung’s memories and pushed her back to our world. Now I have to wait for three years for him to comeback.” She said as her voice become to husky between her sniffs and gulps.

“Why did you do that?” Wendy asked her. 

“To save his life. The Prince is meant to die to save the Princess’s life.” Joy explained. 

But hearing that made Joohyun cry more. “Wendy, what if he met a girl prettier than me? And he won’t come back at all?” 

Wendy couldn’t blame Joohyun for she have done. She just kneeled to reach her level and embraced her tight as she cries too. “I’m sure, he’ll find a way here. Your heart will call him back here.” 

“Let’s just save this Kingdom and I’m gonna find my way back to our world to find him.” Joohyun said. “I miss him already!” She cried once again. 

Joohyun finally fell asleep after too much crying. Wendy and Joh decided to go out the tent and luckily that she’s asleep and calm down, the snow storm stopped but the inner forest is still filled with snow. 

“The Princess is still weak. She can’t defeat anyone at the dark palace.” Joy said. 

Wendy nods. “We can’t risk her life too.” She sighs.

Jungkook finally woke up from his sleep. He went out from his tent embracing himself as the cold weather interrupted his sleep. “What just happened?”

After explaining everything to Jungkook, he felt bad that he didn’t had the chance to say good bye to the Prince and he can’t help but to feel emotional as well now that he’s no longer present in the inner forest. 

Wearing a gloomy face like no painter can paint, the three was spotted by the elderly who’s having a walk at the inner forest. “Are these the faces of the savior of this Kingdom I am seeing?” She greeted them with an sarcastic remark. “You guys seems so weak.”

“Quit it out now old woman. The inner forest seems useless without Prince Taehyung.” Jungkook sighed. “He planned everything in here. The orderliness, rules, laws and to protect every creature from the dark magic.” 

“and suddenly we gave him up.” Joy said.

The elderly smirked. “So we could protect him as well.” She sits beside them and tapped Jungkook’s back. “Trust me, even if we put the Kingdom into its place we still need him.” 

“How could he come back if he already forgot how to come in here?” Jungkook asked her.

“Do you know why the second Prince is destined to be a king? Its not because of his love for this kingdom nor his wisdom, but its because the destined Queen loves her, that she won’t let any other man to be her king.” The elderly stood up and walk towards the Princess’s tent.

“I really couldn’t understand what she means.” Wendy complained. 

“Neither I.” Jungkook said. “I was just trying to listen.” 


Joohyun’s training was more challenging from her previous days. She has to control her emotions in order to bring back the natural weather of the Kingdom but she can’t. All she brings are snow storms and hailstorms making her more frustrated that sudden quakes can be felt in the Kingdom.

“Open your eyes.” The elderly commanded.

“Omona!” With her surprise, the snow reached her chest level. “What just happen?”

“Is this the Kingdom, that the Prince you wanted to see once he came back?” The elderly scolded her. 

Joohyun shake her head and hit herself for being so terrible. She sighs, a smoke escaped as if she’s too tired and badly wanted to have some rest. “I have nothing to say. Can we go back to the beginning?” Joohyun asked.

“Remember that if you were just able to control your powers back then, the Prince won’t have to erase your memories and push you out from this world.” She reminded her. “Now focus and concentrate.” 

Joohyun closed her eyes and opened her palms. Convincing herself so hard to tame down and be calm. Touching the snow that she could reach, it started to melt slowly. Trying her best to communicate and connect well to the Kingdom. 

“Ugh!” 

And with Joohyun’s surprise, the elderly is lying down on the ground as an pierced from her back passing through her chest. “Omo!” She kneeled down and tried to help her stand up but she refused.

“My Queen, trust yourself. You’re going to save the Kingdom.” She said before she gave up her last breath.

“We’re being attacked!” Jungkook screamed informing all armys at the training camp rushing to Joohyun making sure to protect her with the shield that he brought with him. 

Enormous crows are attacking the inner forest fighting their entrance with the sky watchers who can’t fly higher because of the cold weather that prevents them. Fairies are battling in front shields making sure that the human with big goat horn like who are trying to break the shield won’t enter the inner forest. 

Wendy and Joy made sure to protect the children as they hide behind a water fall that Joy manipulated in order to keep them safe. “I must go out,” joy said. “Protect the children.” She told Wendy. 

“What just happened? I was nearly controlling my powers.” Joohyun said. 

“I don’t know how did they found us.” Jungkook responds as they both struggle to keep themselves in the metal shield. 

They are about to reach Taehyung’s tent but Onew, the previous royal adviser blocked their way. “Princess Irene.” He faked a bow. 

Jungkook stood two steps in front of Joohyun with his shield as he pulled out his sword. “Princess, if I die right now. Please tell your servant Yeri, that I did well in serving you and the Prince.” He asks between his stutter. “Tell her good stories of me.” 

“Run, JK and save our creatures.” Joohyun said as she narrows her eyes meeting the dark eyes of Onew. 

“No I can’t leave you here.” Jungkook said. 

“I am ordering you to save everyone else and not me.” Joohyun insisted as she step towards Onew. Maintaining 10 steps away from her. 

“Or shall I say Queen Joohyun?” Onew said as he laughs. “You know what’s wrong with you and the second Prince?” He laughed. “Is that you think saving either of you will save the Kingdom as well.” 

“Let’s end this right here, right now.” Joohyun suddenly find the courage as soon as he hears him insulting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter