IN HER WORLD

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the Namjin Kingdom Taehyung and Jungkook are still struggling to find the only landmark that they have in the forest, and that’s the arrow that was pierced to a tree trunk. Its been months and the Kingdom was never visited by sunshine, the two are just consuming anything they could eat safely from the tree and of course what they could hunt and cook as their meal. The dark quiet night isn’t helping at all. It is more challenging and frustrating to find something no one can purely visualize by their own eyes.

“This is frustrating!” Taehyung said as he sits down on a rock to have some rest. “If I only knew that weapon of Princess Irene will be helpful, I shouldn’t have break it.”

Panting and feeling sorry for the Prince, Jungkook just sit beside him and waited for him to command. Shutting his mouth and pretending to express his courage when in fact the sound of the owl and flying bats scares him inside.

Walking and searching for the place the two didn’t stop to move forward even Taehyung’s hand are handcuffed and Jungkook’s armor is heavy. Feeling helpless Taehyung still manage to pray to the Creators by his mind since he is aware that it is impossible for him to get in Joohyun’s world without any connection and he just don’t want to tell Jungkook about that.

Until a wild warthog appeared along their way and they could only recognize its presence because of the sound. Since it’s too dark in the forest they couldn’t find where it is. “If the sound gets louder you have to prepare yourself.”

“Ne” Jungkook said as he covers Taehyung from each direction. His heart beats fast as he trembles but he still managed to hold his spear and shield tightly and because the surrounding isn’t just too friendly at all the warthog attacked them making both of them fell on their back and roll down on the slanted path of the mountain.

The warthog kept on following the Prince and the Defender as it is too eager to sway both of them with its tusk. The two couldn’t control the pull of the gravity down the mountain that Jungkook accidentally let go of his shield and spear.

Jungkook bumped his back really hard on a tree as soon as he reached a straight plane in the forest. The warthog run as fast as it could to whack him on his chest. He knew what’s going to happen. Feeling weak and in pain from how bad he fell downhill he closed his eyes and already accept what he assumed meant to happen.

But it didn’t. He slightly opened his eyes and found Taehyung kneeling down the ground and stabbed the warthog on its stomach with an arrow using both of his hands and the next thing he knew the warthog that intended to kill him is already dead.

“Kamsamnida.. kamsamnida your highness.” Jungkook said as he tears up thanking the Prince so bad knowing that he is still alive.

Taehyung smiled and nod. “We found it.. we found our landmark.” Taehyung said as he laughs while staring at the arrow that he immediately took off from a tree to save Jungkook.

“That’s it?” He asked in disbelief as he struggles to stand up. After the tiring walk and bad fall it was all worth it for him to find something that they are looking for.

Taehyung assisted him to stand up and helped him lean on the tree. He looks up the sky and analyze the movement of the stars. “We just need to wait for a while here. I’m sure the portal is just right here somewhere.”

On the other hand, Joohyun was set to meet Wendy in the library where her friend used to love to study. She took the book that Wendy loves to read and took time to browse the pages of it. After she was stuck at the Namjin Kingdom she was able to appreciate all the creatures that was mentioned to that book with all her smiles and appreciation she was able to experience and witness everything related to that book.

“Hey.” Wendy said and she was surprised to see that her friend is reading the book that she loves.

Joohyun smiled. “I never knew that this book is going to attract me.” She told her friend. “Look at this.” She pointed the picture of flying men without wings lining up on the sky. “I’ve seen them with my own eyes. They were fascinating.”

Wendy is dismay to see her friend being interested with the book in a way that she doesn’t want her to be. “Joohyun will you please lower down your voice? We’re in the library.”

“Miane.” Joohyun apologized. “Now I believe you. That this water right here have some microorganisms hiding inside it.” She said as she rolls the bottle of water in her hand.

Wendy sigh. She sees Joohyun not different from the clients that she is meeting and she knew telling her the reality and the truth of her disbelief with her false memories will make her feel more depress and she don’t want that to happen. “Let’s go I’m hungry.”

But Joohyun was half hearted to leave. She also wanted to borrow the book but the que line was so long and Wendy was so eager to pull her out of the library and detach her from that book.

After convincing her friend so hard to leave the library they made their way to the Italian restaurant where they usually enjoy their pasta together. The food was immediately served as both of them were considered as VIP customer in that restaurant.

Comparing before the accident, Wendy can tell that Joohyun doesn’t enjoy her meal anymore. She’s just forcing herself to put the pasta that she rolled using her fork in . “You know in that Kingdom; we have a long table that can sit 50 people and we have various dishes. The pasta doesn’t have a sauce but when you taste it the natural scent of the flour as it was perfectly handmade touches your tongue really well, the bread was also perfectly baked and it smells so good.”

“Unnie..” Wendy interrupted her and placed her fork on her plate. “Are you really that hundred percent sure that what you’re telling me is real?”

Joohyun nods and smiled as she munches her food. “You’re the only one I knew that believes in those kinds of creatures.” She said confidently.

Wendy sighs. “Unnie, When I told you I believe their existence. a part of it me believes that they do not exist as well.” She told her. “When you mentioned that water bottle has microorganisms, you’re right but it doesn’t mean that if you left that for days a mermaid or a man that can fly will appear there.”

“Of course, I know that Wendy, I am certain that I stayed in that Kingdom for months. I was even carried by sky guards from they sky.” She boasted.

“Jinja? I think you’re not someone who can take the day without internet and phone.” Wendy frankly said. “If you really break your phone there, I’m sure within just 30 minutes you’ll just choose to die if you weren’t able to check your social networking sites per minute.”

And Joohyun became silent from that statement. She wonders what held her back to come back in her world and why does it feel like she felt so satisfied and happy in that Kingdom. She’s having a flashback of her being embraced as she was covered with shield, soaking herself in a bathtub with someone but those memories weren’t clear compared to what she’s telling Wendy.

“are you alright?” Wendy asked worriedly.

Joohyun nods and smiles. “Just a little headache.” She said and continue consuming her food.

Later after having their meals, Wendy isn’t really amused how Joohyun’s behavior change. She’s pre occupied with the thoughts of that Kingdom as she looks at the window while on their way to Wendy’s place and that worries her friend a lot. If she is to assess professionally even Joohyun’s personality completely changed from how she knew her.

They arrived at her place and Joohyun placed her bag at the center table in her friend’s living room. “I’ll get you some orange juice.”

“Ani.. tea chowa.” She smiled after she requested. If she was to recall that was her and Princess Seulgi’s favorite drink when they are having a conversation but for Wendy that was not very Joohyun at all.

Grabbing a tea bag from a glass jar, she made her a fruit-based tea while observing her from the kitchen. Joohyun pulled the tortoiseshell button from inside her coat’s inner pocket and observed it. By the way how Joohyun’s reaction by just looking to it makes her feel safe and at ease. Wendy could tell that by seeing her reflection on her TV.

Wendy placed the tea cup on the center table which Joohyun immediately grabbed  to take a sip and she wasn’t pleased at all. “Is this how really fruit-based tea tastes like?” She asked her friend and refused to have another sip.

“Its because you’re not used to drinking tea at all.” Wendy responded as she sits in front of Joohyun.

“Is your place really like this quiet?” Joohyun asked her friend and that’s Wendy’s cue to start the therapy, when she notice the difference in the place.

Wendy started to move the pendulum. Tik-tok-tik-tok and it captured Joohyun’s attention. Her eyes became fixated and half closed as her head follows the rhythm and movement of the pendulum.

“Bae Joohyun.” Wendy called her name in a cold and soft tone.

“Ne?” Joohyun responded but her face is still blank as she watches the pendulum moves.

“Close your eyes and surrender me the button that you have inside your coat.” Wendy commanded.

Unwillingly and involuntarily, Joohyun took the tortoiseshell from her pocket and surrendered it to Wendy. Her eyes are fully closed and her mind is still pre occupied with the sound of the pendulum.

“Once I asked you to open your eyes. You will no longer remember the existence of the royal dress and this button.” Wendy commanded.

Joohyun nods in return, and the thought of those connections vanished from her memory. “Prince…” She murmured.

“Prince who?”

“I don’t know.” Joohyun said as her memories are being interfered with the thoughts of Taehyung.

“Tell me how did you got there in the Kingdom?” Wendy asked.

“I stole a taxi from the hospital and drive it as fast as I could. It was raining heavily and the road is getting slippery.” She recalled as the fast phasing of images entered her memory. “I gripped the steering wheel so tight. Fearing that I might die without meeting my Mom.” She confessed. “but before I hit th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter