DRUNK AND DRIVE

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is already 7 in the morning, which is Joohyun’s regular body clock. She was totally sure that she fell asleep in the arms around the man she made love with last night but right now she doesn’t feel any skin touching against her. Even the firm-toned chest which she used as a pillow can no longer be felt against her cheeks.

But she was asleep so she wasn’t sure. She nods her head slightly, up and down and she opened her eyes slowly. She was just completely covered with her blanket and realized she’s already alone on her bed.

Standing up from her bed and pulling her robe that is only within her reach, Joohyun prayed at the back of her mind hoping she wasn’t played by the man she just met but she totally admired and adored. After checking all the rooms where he could possibly, she realized that Taehyung is not in the penthouse and that also made her aware that she didn’t leave anything that belongs to him. Neither his phone or his wallet.

“I should’ve taken his ID last night.” She sighs and worries surrounded her whole body thinking that Taehyung might have ditched her just to spread rumors of her but when she checks her phone no news of her expectation was posted in the internet.

Scrolling her phone up and down to consume some time since she doesn’t want to admit to herself that she was fooled by a man that she just met her gaze went straight to the monitor after her doorbell rings. She pressed a button to access the speaker. “Who are you?”

“Ah ne.. annyeonghasaeyo.” A youngman with cheeky cheeks and prominent cheekbones and sharp nose with obviously cute bunny teeth greeted her. “Uhmm.. V hyung asked me to send some few stuffs here.”

Joohyun rushed to the door and didn’t hesitate to open the door for the man after hearing him mentioning Taehyung’s name. “You know V?” She asked him first but he just nod and when he said ‘few stuffs’ he was totally lying. There are 7 XL luggage bags in front of Joohyun and Jungkook just comfortably pulled and carry each of them that he can occupy by his hand.

That made Joohyun just tilt her body to the wall to give him some way but that was unintentional. “I am sure I didn’t let you come inside?”  

But Jungkook just smiled, even if he learned a lot how Joohyun’s world works he’s still living in the practice of the Namjin Kingdom. If she was the Prince’s Princess then might as well the place is also owned by the Prince. “ah that was so tiring.” He said as he fans himself with his hand after he drop his on the couch.

Joohyun felt bad for him. Thinking that Taehyung should’ve atleast help him if he’s going to ask him a favor. She handed Jungkook a glass of water and Jungkook politely took it with both of his hands and bowed at her after he thanked her.

“So how are you related to V?” Joohyun asked him.

Wiping his mouth with his long sleeves “He is my older brother.”

Joohyun narrowed her eyes and observed the man in front of her but no matter what she does she can’t see any resemblance of him to Taehyung. “Were you guys uhmm.. half-brothers?”

“No, I am adopted.” And he smiled.

” Oh my bad... I shouldn’t have asked you comfortably about it.” Joohyun said awkwardly. Another doorbell rings and that caught both of their attention. Jungkook volunteered to open the door and he was so in a rush that Joohyun forgot to tell him that he has to check the monitor first before opening the door for anybody else.

It was Taehyung. Both of them widely smiled after seeing the man with some plastic bags and some paper bags. “Hyung where have you been?” Jungkook asked and politely helped him. Taehyung knew he was coming so he didn’t forget to buy him some corn dogs which is totally his favorite.

But he ignored Jungkook’s greetings “Pack away the stuffs.” He commanded him and walked straight to Joohyun. He gazed at him sharply and he’s eyebrows are about to meet. Joohyun was too awkward to look at him since it is obvious that he is mad for no reason.

“Follow me.” He commanded coldly but before Joohyun walked behind her she met Jungkook’s eyes and he turned away. It seems like he already knows that Taehyung is not in the mood.

They both headed to Joohyun’s bedroom and now that they’re both alone, Joohyun is having dirty thoughts in her mind. Recalling what they did last night. Taehyung placed both of his hands on his waist and twisted his body to face Joohyun. Still maintaining his sharp gaze.

Joohyun just stand innocently waiting what he has to say but she couldn’t look him to his eyes. Taehyung finally took off his right hand from his waist and pulled the belt of her robe and she reflexively prevented it to expose her body. “mwoya..”

“Please don’t tell me you welcomed JK wearing only that robe.” He coldly said still maintaining his sharp gaze towards her. He disliked it, he couldn’t even look away from her when he saw her wearing only that bathrobe.

Her eyes widened and she gulped. She knew she can’t lie but she knew that Taehyung already know the answer from his question. “Miane..  I woke up without you beside me so I thought you left me. I just grabbed the robe immediately and before I thought of changing my clothes, he already arrived to send your things.”

“I went out to buy some groceries so we could fill your empty cabinets and fridge in the kitchen.” Taehyung informed her. “You were sleeping peacefully so I didn’t wake you up. I just didn’t expect you’re going to show off yourself like that in front of another man.”

Joohyun knew that Taehyung is just being jealous but rather than seeing it as cute, she thought that she really offended him. He has a point; she never shows up to anyone opposite of her with a bathrobe at all but she was too occupied with Taehyung’s whereabouts that she forgot that she’s only in her robe. “Miane.. I promise I’ll be careful next time.”

 A knock on the door interrupted their conversation Hyung, I already put the foods that you bought on the table. It’s time for breakfast.” Jungkook informed them.

“Please take a bath and change your clothes. We’ll wait for you for breakfast.” Taehyung told her and left her bedroom. “Have breakfast with us before you leave,” he told Jungkook which Joohyun overheard as soon as he closed the door of her bedroom.

But she finds it really weird. First Taehyung was so comfortable around her that he was so confident that he will get what he wanted from Joohyun, next was she’s being scolded in her own territory and she didn’t have the courage to talk back to defend herself and right now Taehyung is just being too authoritative deciding to have Jungkook around them for breakfast.

It was Joohyun’s quickest way of morning bath knowing that Taehyung is waiting for her. He’s already grumpy in the morning and she don’t want him to wait for too long. She found them at the Dining area where Jungkook is peacefully munching his loaf bread and a bowl of cereal. While Taehyung is busy reading the newspaper with only a cup of coffee in front of him.

“I assumed this is my seat since there’s an empty plate and bowl here.” Joohyun said still playing it cool towards the man that he offended.

“Would you like some tea Ms. Bae?” Jungkook offered her.

Joohyun nods and slides her cup to Jungkook but she simply steals glances to Taehyung. “Thank you.”  Joohyun said and when she took a sip. “mmm… this taste is familiar.” Joohyun said as she smiled widely. “I’m sure I have tasted this tea from somewhere.”

“Where?” Taehyung asked as he gently folded and placed the newspaper on the table.

“Just somewhere. Uhmm.. I can’t tell you.”  She responded and took a sip of the tea that she has been missing for so long. She thought that if she tells Jungkook and Taehyung about her thoughts of the Kingdom they might find her really stupid.

Jungkook smiled and feel satisfied from Joohyun’s reaction with the natural fruit tea based that he made. He’s sure that Joohyun badly wanted to tell them that she had it back to the Kingdom and she was just holding herself.

But it was the first time that Joohyun isn’t having breakfast with her father and her brothers but still she’s still having it with two men. While munching her pancake she couldn’t take her eyes of Taehyung who’s sipping his cup of coffee and is busy having conversation with Jungkook.

She couldn’t comprehend what they’re talking about and her eyes are just fixed to Taehyung. Until Taehyung snapped his fingers to get her attention. “Ne?”

“You alright?”  Taehyung asked worriedly.

Joohyun nods. “I just can’t believe I am letting you staying here.”

Taehyung made a smirk. So confident that Joohyun could feel that he already knows to himself that Joohyun could never say no to him. So, she rolled her but she pouted as if she lost her poise immediately.

After having breakfast, Jungkook was told to send Joohyun to her work so Taehyung would know the address where she is working which Joohyun didn’t refuse. She took her bag from her desk in her bedroom after checking if she had everything she need are inside.

She found Taehyung at her study room where he placed his laptop and was busy with his work. “I’m leaving now. Don’t forget to pack away your stuffs. The luggage aren’t that good to see at the living room.”

“Wait.” Taehyung said and stood up from his seat. “You’re still going home here, tonight right? And even the next day?”

Joohyun narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. “I’m sure you’re already old enough to take care of yourself. I have a family to stay in with. So, if you wish to stay and live here, then do as you please. It seems like you’re earning more than enough to pay for the expenses of the penthouse.”

“No. you’ll live here with me. I’ll be waiting for you tonight.” Taehyung said and went back to his seat.

Joohyun approached him and now she’s not impressed with his childish but bossy attitude. “Excuse me.”  She said firmly pushing the laptop screen downward to get Taehyung’s attention. “I have to admit that I really gave in last night, but that doesn’t mean that you should be too bossy around me. If you want to stay here then take care of yourself.” And she abandoned him in her study room.

“I’m not going to eat until you come home and cook for me!” He said right before Joohyun could close the doors.

Jungkook drove Joohyun to her company and complimented every advertisemen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter