INTO THE PALACE

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


When the water is already getting cold. It woke her up from her strange dream, her eyes were opened wide and she breathes rapidly. She doesn't even know to herself why did she dreamt of something like that. Joohyun finally decided to get up, Dry and pat herself with the long cloth that they used as a towel and wear her night dress that they prepared for her. When she came out from the bathroom she found Taehyung already washed up and changed to a white robe and long lower garment pants and that's what made her convinced that it was just a dream because he is already wearing something different.

"Let's eat." Taehyung said as he sits down on the floor to level the lower table of foods.

Joohyun sit in front of Taehyung, took the bowl made of wood and took some dish that the commoners prepared for them. Afrer having a bite, Taehyung finally eat as he gets used to witness someone eat the meal preapred for him before he tastes anything just in case they put poison in their food. 

"I apologize for what happened today." Taehyung said to break the silence that surrounds the empty room.

Joohyun just pouted and ignored him. She thought he must be a player that he doesn't totally feel awkard for that kiss. It even crossed her mind that with his looks he maybe had lots of past lovers before. 

"By the way what's your name?" Taehyung asked her and still managed to look at her eyes.

Joohyun tried to look at his eyes but she can't so she immediately looked away and put her attention to the food. She can sense that Taehyung is still waiting for her to answer so she lied "My name is Irene." She decided not to tell her real name so if one day she has to run away no one in that world will be able to find her by using her name. 

"Its a beautiful name Irene." Taehyung compliments. "and by the way to prevent what happened today please don't get out of my sight so I won't get worried as well." 

His remarks made her blush that it made it more difficult for her to look at his face even if she wanted to. The dish that was preapred for them was nice and tasty but she finds it uncomfortable to be with him. Looking around the room with Taehyung feels like she's in a hotel and about to make love with her boyfriend. 

She shake her head for having lewd thoughts of the man in front of her. "Nope Joohyun he's just too attractive that's it." She told herself. Joohyun lost her appetite because of the thoughts of Taehyung, after having 3 scoops of rice and some sliced meat she stood up from the floor "Please don't forget to rub your teeth with Banana peel if they left something in the bathroom. Its for your teeth." Taehyung informed her.

She nods. "So this is how you brush your teeth here." She went straight to the bathroom and found the Bananas in a wooden plate. She took the peel and rubbed it against her teeth. 

Taehyung could sense that she's not feeling well so instead of asking he decided to ignore her and finish his meal. Joohyun decided to lay on the comforter and cover herself with the blanket. She faced the wall in order to avoid Taehyung. She didn't even wished him good night nor informed him that she's going to sleep. Joohyun closed her eyes shutting it forcefully so she could sleep but she can't forget the touch of Taehyung's lips keep on crossing to her mind and now it keeps her fully awake. 

It made her heart beats faster when Taehyung get rid of the candle by blowing it. It became darker in the room. So she grasp her blanket more and bit her lips to control her thoughts of him. When he lay next to her he didn't share himself in her blanket. He sleeps without it and he used his hands as his pillow behind his head.

"Are you asleep?" Joohyun asked but he didn't respond. It was so quiet that she can already hear him breath. He doesn't snore and he sleeps so quietly. So she decided to change her position and when she did it surprised her to see that Taehyung sleeps facing her. 

Their face are so close to each other and seeing his face totally near to her just made her more attracted to him. Instead of sleeping, Joohyun stared at his face, admiring how his looks were perfectly mold. From his thick eyeleashes, to his sharp nose down to his moisted and soft lips. "This man in front of me is a complete stranger.. but he promised me that he will help me to go home. I hope you're someone I could trust." She told him through her mind. 

The sun has risen and the birds are singing in the morning. In this neighborhood the chirp of the birds are their indicators that they already need to wake up. 

Taehyung woke up from his sleep, even he sleeps in a place differently from his room at the Palace he was able to sleep comfortably and quietly. He found Joohyun embracing him and placing her foot over his stomach but instead of getting pissed he just made a soft laugh at her as he finds her cute in that way.

He managed to get up without waking up Joohyun. As he went out he found the villagers setting up a wagon placed with two chairs made of fine wood and is attached to 2 horses. 

"A pleasant morning to you your highness." A male commoner kneeled to him. "We preapred something you might use on your way to the Palace." 

"Kamsamnida." Taehyung thanked them as he approached the horses. Caressing them and checking them if they're in a good condition for the travel. 

"5 of our men will come with you. They know the way to the Palace." The lead of the neighborhood said.

"How long is it going to take before we get there?" Taehyung asked.

"It will only take us overnight." One of the commoner said. "Annyeonghasaeyo your highness. I am HuenKai I'll be one of your company on your way back to the Palace." He introduced himself. 

"We also collected your arrows and cleaned your sword for you Our Prince." The lead informed him.

Taehyung can't help but to feel thankful to his People. For him he didn't do much for saving them from the Bandits but they're doing a lot for him just so he can go back at the Palace.

Joohyun finally woke up from her sleep and didn't find Taehyung beside her. She noticed her dress already hanged at the front door of the bathroom well washed and it smells really good. "Are they using fabric conditioner here?" 

After taking a bath and dressing herself. She went outside and some of the commoners greeted her. They lead her where the Wagon and horses are and found Taehyung there already dressed up with his Red long sleeves suit, White tight pants and shiny well made leather boots. 

"Are you ready to go to the Palace?" Taehyung asked.

Joohyun nod and took his hand. She sits on the chair beside him and Beomgyu one of the commoners handled the horses for them. Their travel was quiet and still awkward for Joohyun even if she wanted to talk to Taehyung she couldn't find any topic that could ease her awkwardness. "Why am I stuck in this situation?" Joohyun asked herself. 

"We should take a rest. The sun is getting brighter and the horses might feel more tired and thirsty." Taehyung ordered and the commoners follow. They stopped in some rocky place with a nearby river. 

The commoners decided to take the horses to the river and give them some bath. While Taehyung and Joohyun were left alone together. She couldn't figure out how she will go down from the wagon since it has no stairs so Taehyung approached her asked her to held on his shoulder and he lift him out of the wagon. 

"Kamsamnida."Joohyun thanked him and walked away from him. 

Taehyung placed a blanket that the commoners brought for them. He sits on it and lean on the rock behind him. "Lady Irene." He called her and she immediately looked at him. He gestured him to come over as he also placed the basket with fruits beside him. 

He tapped the space beside him asking Joohyun to sit. He handed her some strawberries and grapes which she politely take and munched. "If you're sleepy you can take a nap." Taehyung told her. "You can use my lap as a pillow." and he smiled.

Joohyun gazed at him. "Are you flirting with me?" She asked him. "You've been saying a lot of cheesy words since last night." 

Taehyung giggled at her as he couldn't understand her terms and what she's saying again. "Lady Irene, You could just say No if you don't want to. i don't understand what you're trying to say." 

But Joohyun just made a deep exhales and she rest her head on his lap. He offered anyway so why w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter