GET ALONG

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung went out in the park to have some fresh air and kill his time walking around the area. Its been suffocating for him realizing as the time passes by his Princess is being distant to the Kingdom. The cold breeze passes by his skin as he walks, the chuckling and playful sound of children, the random music from the speakers are just the things that he will missed once he gets back to the Kingdom.

Just like Joohyun, the longer he stays in her world the longer he finds his place there. “Do you want some corndog Mr. Handsome?” A woman in her 50’s who carries a bag of corndog offered him. Taehyung doesn’t have any specific taste on food but when he sees someone working hard just to earn, he decides to buy to help them.

“Juseyo.” Jk who happened to be on his skateboard at that moment saw Taehyung and he approached him just for the corndog that he bought.

Taehyung didn’t think twice to hand the box of what he bought to Jungkook. Snatching the skateboard from the young Defender so he could eat comfortably. “This is your past time?”

Jungkook nods as he munches the half of the corndog that he just put once in his mouth. “We’ve been staying here for so long. I’m afraid I couldn’t find anymore things to do to use my time.”

Taehyung already knew what he is trying to say. He is not stupid, even if Jungkook isn’t telling him directly. “Just hang on Defender Jeon. I am still waiting for the right time.”

“I don’t know when will be the right time but you must face the consequences of your decision. We’re here for the Kingdom.” Jungkook bowed at him and took the skateboard from him. He left him after politely saying good bye without giving him back the box of corndog.

Taehyung decided to go back to Joohyun’s penthouse and as soon as he entered, Joohyun welcomed him with a tight embrace. How will he able to leave the world without Joohyun? “Hey is everything alright?” He pushed her gently from him.

“Why am I having a bad dream of you?” Joohyun asked him. “Did you remember the palace at the Kingdom I was talking about? I dreamt about it but it doesn’t look the same anymore. The beautiful palace was covered with veins, the grounds are filled with mud and the skies are dark that the moonlight can no longer lit the whole Kingdom at nights.”

Confused and clueless. Taehyung wondered how did Joohyun sighted the current situation of the doomed Kingdom. “Tell me more about it.”

“There was a head adviser named Onew, he was supposed to stabbed with a sword but he failed, because you blocked me. You took the sword instead. I am sorry but it feels so real.”

Taehyung embraced her tightly. Comforting her worried Princess “I assure you that will never happen.”

“I always adore the dream of the Kingdom because that’s the only memory I have with my Mother.” Joohyun said as she still recalls the memory of her seeing Taeyeon at the hidden forest. “But I never imagined I’ll be dreaming the Kingdom that way.”

“Did she just foresee my death?” Taehyung asked himself. “Joohyun, what if the Kingdom isn’t just a dream? What if it was real?”

Joohyun shakes her head disagreeing to Taehyung’s question. “You know dreams happen when we are asleep and sometimes it just brings us to a specific situation or event.” Joohyun smiled at Taehyung. She thought Taehyung was just being supportive with her false beliefs so she won’t feel bad anymore. “I don’t even know how did I get there.” 

Taehyung just nods and went back embracing Joohyun. It is impossible for her to forget such things since Taehyung’s memory are the only one that was erased in that world. “Could you please tell me more about that Kingdom?”

The next day, Joohyun woke up when the sun isn’t yet rising. She realized that she spent the whole day with Wendy yesterday that caused her paper works left unfinished at her office.

But her sleeping Prince makes it hard for her to leave the penthouse and she frowned but her company is her priority, so she has to go to work. She grabbed Taehyung’s phone beside him and missed call her number so she could save his contact in her phone.

She gave him a slight peck as a good bye kiss before she leave the penthouse and went down to meet her driver.

To: V

Good morning, I apologize you have to wake up and have breakfast without me. I have tons of workloads at the office and I might not be able to join you with lunch as well. I have to attend a meeting, please do not forget to eat your meals for today.

I love you.
Joohyun

Taehyung decided to meet Jungkook at a café nearby to inform him about Joohyun’s dream. It made him awake the whole night thinking about it.

“Prince Taehyung, all of us are having nightmares. That’s just might be some normal bad dream that the Princess had.” Jungkook said.

Taehyung shakes his head. “If it was just a regular dream, how come she saw how doomed the Kingdom is in her dream?”

“You mean…?”

“The Princess might have the power to foresee the future.”

In the middle of their conversation “Hi” Wendy who happened to be in the same café to spare some time for coffee found them. After exchanging bows to each other, Taehyung politely offered the vacant seat to Joohyun’s friend.

“Do you guys usually drink coffee here?” Wendy asked as soon as she sits on their table.

“Not really, I just wanted to meet Jk.” Taehyung said. “How have you been Dr. Son?”

Jungkook was quiet all along. He wonders how did the two met since he wasn’t yet informed by Taehyung about it.

“I’m fine but Joohyun told me that you kept on entertaining her imaginations. I thought we already talked about it?” Wendy made sure to ask him about it cause sitting with them is useless if she kept shut about her concerns.

Taehyung sighs. She knew she’s going to bring that issue. “Well, I apologized. It makes her feel better and happy when she talks about it.”

“You don’t understand, do you?” Wendy gently taps the table out of frustration. Since they’re in a café she needs to be civil and calm as possible. "Joohyun was involved in an accident and that could be the possible reasons of her make-believe imaginations. I am asking for your help since I could see that you’re someone really precious to her.”

“Dr. Son, how do you know what is real and what is not?” taehyung asked her.

Wendy thought that Taehyung is just being childish and he doesn’t take her concerns seriously. “You know V, Joohyun isn’t just a regular person in this country. She has an image to maintain. What would you think other people will say if they found out that she’s having those kinds of thoughts?”

“then she could just not tell other people about it.”

“I know. But she’s already telling us about it and sooner or later if she gets comfortable about it, she might comfortably tell anyone as well.”

Before Taehyung could respond to Wendy, her order arrived and she wished to go back to her clinic since she’ll not have the appetite to finish her coffee if she joined them.

“This isn’t going to be easy. The Princess’s friend cannot become your enemy.” Jungkook said. “Prince Taehyung, you have to tell the Princess sooner or else we might be running out of time.”

“How am I supposed to that with the only few memories that she only has with the Kingdom?”

“You must use those memories to justify your intentions. Prince, you are wise and clever don’t let your feelings and emotions get in your way.” Jungkook explained to him. “If we prolong this, we might fail to bring her with us.”

But Taehyung’s behavior isn’t that so pleasing for Wendy. She thought she should go on with Joohyun’s intervention for her to get better and for her to get rid of her confabulations and delusions. Meeting Taehyung and Jungkook wasn’t a good idea before having a cup of coffee. She totally lost her appetite.

Wendy can’t help but to lost her trust to Taehyung. If he really does love Joohyun, she thought he should at least care for her image but he didn’t and that’s the reason why Wendy couldn’t confess that Joohyun is having a psychiatric management as of the moment.

Just right after Joohyun dismissed everyone for the meeting, Wendy called her and she immediately picked up. “Wendy… what’s the matter?”

“Where are you?”

“Oh I just finished my meeting here in the office.”

“Can you come over to my house? Let’s have some glass of wine please?”

“Uhmmm.. I haven’t seen V the whole day so..”

“Aish.. wae?? You guys are living together.. what’s wrong with a glass of wine?”

But Wendy’s whining and attempt to throw tantrums made her decide to come over. She realized she should still spend some time with her friend like she used to before when she’s dating.

To: V

Hi, I’ll be going home late today. Please don’t forget to have your dinn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter