GOING BACK

PARALLEL WORLDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Taehyung decided to meet Wendy at her clinic that time. It’s not that because he hates Wendy to make it easy for him to believe his speculations but he came there to personally ask her if what he is thinking is right. Even though it’s already an hour after working hours, there are still at least four clients pending on line waiting outside her office. 

Taehyung passed by them and immediately opened the door without knocking. It was rude for some patients so before he could meet Wendy a guardian of a client stopped him. “Excuse me Mister, but we have a line here. You must wait for your turn.”

Taehyung suddenly feel embarrassed and his eagerness to see Wendy subsides. “Miane.” He apologized.

“We do not make even s little bit of noise here. It can distract Doctor Son’s intervention.”  She added and guided Taehyung to go outside the clinic. She politely gestured to him to take the seat beside her. “I noticed that you are quite uneasy is that the reason why you wanted to see Doctor Son?”

Taehyung smiled and somehow felt thankful that the person is polite despite the rude behavior he did. “No not really. Uhmm Doctor Son is actually a friend.” He lied. “Of my friend.” And corrected himself. 

“Oh I see but your personal errands should be settled at either your home or hers don’t you think?” 

“Ne. I apologized again.” Taehyung said and the guardian smiled back at him. “How long have you been seeing Doctor Son?” He curiously asked.

“About a year? My son is her client. He was assigned in Syria a year ago and after his duty because of natural war situation there he suffered from PTSD.” She explained. “Doctor Son really helped us a lot. It wasn’t easy since we there are some things that he has to forget in order to prevent the triggers.”

“Forget?” Taehyung asked her and was very eager to learn more.

The woman nods. “There are some part of his memories that we have to erase and of course some of it are precious. Erasing memories also means changes in behavior and beliefs.” The woman sighs. “And we also have to comply as well for it to be very effective.” 

“You mean Doctor Son has the power to erase memories?” He clarified once again.

“It’s not a power.” Wendy who happened to be standing and was listening with their conversation for minutes after she accommodate three of her clients that neither Taehyung or the guardian noticed because of their conversation approached them. She’s not stupid and she already knew what Taehyung was thinking. “It’s an expertise. A profession.” 

“Doctor Son annyeonghasaeyo,” the guardian greeted her.

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Thank you for waiting, please take your seats inside.” Wendy said and they exchanged bows. She diverted her attention to Taehyung who’s currently gazing at her intensely. “This shouldn’t be settled here. Go to my house.” Wendy said and placed a memo pad in his pocket with her address in it. She thought if Taehyung would knew everything he might make a show out of anger at the clinic.

With a heavy heart, he fisted his hands out of frustration and shut his eyes as he walked away from Wendy. Leaving the clinic and was doubting if he will go to her house when in fact he already knew the answer to his questions.

Taehyung knew that even if he already get what’s happening, he still badly wanted Wendy’s explanation. He waited in front of her home as he was busy searching anything related about hypnotherapy that the word became a top search in his browser. 

“I thought you’re not going to show up.” Wendy said and she noticed what Taehyung was doing on his phone. “Come inside. I apologize that we have to talk about this privately. I have an image to maintain in my work place just in case you lose your mind.”

As soon as Taehyung’s foot reached her premises. He didn’t think twice and asked her about everything. “Why are you doing that to Joohyun!?” 

“Well I am not going to be curious at all how did you found out but Joohyun’s guardian are fully aware of the intervention.” Wendy said confidently and unbothered with Taehyung’s behavior.

“It’s not about the consent that you had with her guardian but she is your friend.” Taehyung said “the memories that you took from her are precious to her” he walk towards her “I even doubted to ask you about this but it turned out my speculation is right.”

“Yes I am her friend and that’s the reason why I am doing this.” Wendy slammed her palms on the counter of her kitchen. “When you pertained my expertise as ‘power’ did you mean that?” She gazed at him and smirk. “Seems like you’re not normal after all.”

“You don’t understand!” He exclaimed. “Those memories that you erased from her are my only hope for me to confess what I’ve done.” 

“Shut up!” Wendy exclaimed back. Hearing those from Taehyung make her feel like he’s not in his right mind and now she’s 101% sure that he’s not safe for Joohyun. He might drag Joohyun to his false beliefs and it scares her. “Joohyun will continue her intervention with me and having her guardian’s consent is enough and you have nothing to do about it!” 

“You’re inconsiderate!”

“Oh boohoo I’m going to cry.  I am going to repeat myself again. I am doing what’s best for my friend.” She seriously. “More than a friend she’s also a family to me.”

Taehyung turned his back from Wendy and the only thing that is left that he knows he need to do, is to convince Joohyun’s father to withdraw Joohyun’s psychiatric intervention. From there, Taehyung already accepted that he will never get along with Wendy. Now that he confirmed that Joohyun’s mind was being manipulated by his friend it hurts him to confess everything to Joohyun since he knew that she will be hurt once she finds out that Wendy is doing something against her will.

He made slow steps approaching the doors outside to Wendy’s house. His mind his blank and he’s totally occupied with the thoughts of Joohyun. Three steps away from the door he bumped himself slightly to a wooden rack that caused a glass of pebbles to drop. Scattering the small stones on the floor that made Wendy rolled her eyes out of frustration. She marched frustratedly approaching Taehyung “you can just leave my house peacefully right?” 

Taehyung stopped from collecting the pebbles. He stood up and faced Wendy showing her the button from his royal suit. “Where did you get this?” Taehyung asked her intensely.

“That’s not part of your business.” Wendy responded and attempted to snatch it from Taehyung but she failed as Taehyung enclosed it in his fisted hand. “Give that back to me and just leave.”

“No! You took this from Joohyun didn’t you?” His breath becomes heavy. “This might be my key to this world. This is the reason why I was able to enter Joohyun’s world.”

Wendy being so clueless what he is saying but somehow is wondering how did he found out that the button belongs to Joohyun, and him claiming that it was his makes it difficult for her to think straight. “You’re out of your mind aren’t you?” Wendy asked her while she twirls her index finger beside her ear. All she knew is she has to get the button from Taehyung and make him leave her place. 

It is true that Joohyun can no longer remember nor feel any significance with the button but Wendy knew that manipulation of the mind is crucial. Erasing memories was difficult but remembering them with one snap upon a trigger will be way to easier and that’s the reason why she still keep the button with her. To use it as a trial and error to Joohyun’s mind.

“She never wanted to leave the Kingdom.” Taehyung told himself. Realizing how she was able to pull the buttons from his royal suit to grasp harder so she won’t be able to let go of him while she was disappearing. “I saw how she faded from my world but I never looked into her eyes.” And recalling how Joohyun disappear in front of him made him remembered “Why am I hearing what she said back then?” Now it was more clear to him what Joohyun have said. “No” and “I don’t want to go.”

Pre occupied with the thought of Princess Irene, Wendy took the chance and she pushed Taehyung so hard making him fall on his and dropped the button from his hand. Wendy was able to took it under the couch but before she could make her way on her room to lock herself, Taehyung was able to enclosed his arms on her waist and carefully carried her and placed her on her couch. Gripping her wrist tightly as he tried to open her hand to get the button. 

Wendy tried so hard not to, so she reached Taehyung’s collar and grab it hardly causing three buttons to fall from his shirt. Exposing his chest and clavicle. “Yah cut it out. This button is mine from now on.” 

“This button isn’t even yours on the very first place.” Taehyung responded struggling to open her hand but since he’s way to stronger than hers. He was able to snatch it from her.

But Wendy won’t allow it. She jumped over him making his back fall on the couch, extending his arm so Wendy wont be able to reach the button inside his fist. 

TEETOOT It’s Wendy’s door and with both of their surprise. It is Joohyun, dropping the invitation that she brought for Wendy at that late night so she won’t have to deal with Taehyung if she brings the invitation for Wendy at the penthouse. 

They both stood up panting, catching their breath, sweating and both of their hair was messy. Her eyes even caught how Taehyung’s chest is exposing. Twirling her tongue against her lips and folding her arms. “Is this the reason why both of you make me believe that you can’t get along?”

“No! It’s not what you think! Your friend here…”

“Is this the reason why you feel disgusted back then when I talk about marrying him?”  She exclaimed as if her eyes are burning.

“Joohyun! I am not having an affair with your boyfriend! For goodness sake.” 

She giggled sarcastically. “Could both of you look at yourself in the mirror.” Joohyun told them and they both did. Taehyung even felt embarrassed exposing his chest trying to enclose his collar but failed after he realized that the buttons went off. “and you V, visiting my friend at this time?” She asked calmly but rudely. “At this late time!” She finally exclaimed.

“Joohyun it’s not what you think. Please.” Taehyung said.

“Then what is it?” Joohyun folded her arms tilted her head and tucked her hair beyond her ear so she could listen to him properly.

Taehyung showed the button on han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter