Chapter 29 - 1 year later

The Pleiades

It has been one year since everything has ended. It feels kind of weird at first but now, everyone is used to their new daily lives. The sisters are always busy with thier works but they try to meet at least once a week to keep their bond.

Chorong has been living with Bomi for almost a year and Eunbi lives with Jeongyeon who is left alone in the house. Irene, Mina and Chaeyeon are living their own and Eunji is still at Naeun's place. Nothing much has changed yet they think their lives have changed totally.

Chorong and Bomi are doing shopping as today is the Super Sunday. They walk in the mall hand in hand and put everything they want to the cart. Chorong is busy with choosing new pans for the kitchen when Bomi notices something interesting.

She walks to the baby counter and smiles as she finds so cute with the baby outfits. Oh, she will choose this blue outfit for her son definitely. If it is a girl, this yellow one will work. She is thinking and smiling to herself while Chorong walks to her.

" What are you doing, Bbom-ah? "

" Oh, nothing. Did you find the right size of the pan? "

" Yeah, this will do."

Bomi smiles at Chorong and she puts her arm around the shorter girl's waist as they walk away from the baby counter. But that baby thing never leaves Bomi's head. Clueless Chorong doesn't aware of Bomi and they drive back home after they have done shopping for groceries.

" Ahh, it's tiring."

Chorong said as they enter their house. Bomi puts the bags on the table and she watches Chorong who is now busy to put things in the fridge. She walks to the older girl and hugs her from the back.

" Wae, Bbom-ah? I'm sweaty and stingy. Don't hug me now."

" I don't care."

Bomi said and Chorong laughs at the cute Bomi.

" Yah, Yoon Bomi. You are already 30 now. You should not act cute all the time."

" Whatever. I have to put that straight face at work all the time. let me be as cute as I want to be at home."

Bomi complains and Chorong turns around in her arms.

" Ok, the cute girl must listen to her unnie. Now, go shower. I will prepare some dinner for us."

" Alright."

Bomi pouts but she listens to Chorong and takes shower. After that, Chorong takes her shower before they will eat. Bomi waits for the older girl while lying on the bed. And the thoughts she had not long ago come back into her head.

She puts her hand on her forehead and thinks about having a baby when the bathroom door is opened and Chorong comes out. Bomi doesn't notice the older girl as she is so lost in her own world. It will be really fun to have a kid. And it will so be exciting to be parents and raise a baby.

" Bbom-ah, what are you thinking? "

Chorong props herself on the bed as she lies on Bomi's chest. Bomi smiles and she plays with Chorong's still wet hair. The older girl is waiting for her to speak and Bomi laughs.

" Unnie, I'm having a crazy thought."

" Tell me what is it? Let's be crazy together."

Chorong replies while playing with the button on Bomi's pajama. Bomi raises her arm and she makes Chorong to sleep on her arm. And she looks at the older girl.

" I don't know if it is too early but I am thinking of having a baby."

" Oh."

Chorong doesn't expect this. She is surprised at first but she remembers what Bomi did in the mall today.

" That's why you are checking the baby's outfits today, right? "

" Yeah. I'm just telling unnie. You don't need to think about it. Ahahaha."

" Who said I am not interested in it? "

" Nae? "

" Bbom-ah, I'm willing to have a family with you."

" Really? "

Bomi can't believe her ears. Chorong sits up from her position and she nods at the younger girl with a smile. Bomi smiles too but it changes into a naughty all of a sudden. Chorong frowns.

" Yah, what's with that face? "

" Hmm, we have to do something if we want to make baby."

" What are you talking about? It's not working for us."

" Yes, it will. Don't you believe? Let me show you."

" Ahhhh, Bbom-ah."

Bomi is laughing like a naughty kid as she throws herself on top of Chorong and starts attacking her. She smells the freshness of Chorong's shampoo and removes the robe that the older girl is wrapping around.

Chorong is laughing and she hugs Bomi by her neck but in her mind, she is wondering how this cute naughty kid will become a parent. She can't wait to find out about it.

 

 

 

 

xxx                            xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon checks herself in the mirror and she smiles at her reflection. She is wearing a T-shirt with a blazer on top of it. She takes the bouquet on the table she has bought and she sighs. It has been one year already. And she is doing well surprisingly.

She walks down to the downstairs and her parents are sitting at the dining table. She smiles at them and walks to them, sits at the table and joins them for the breakfast.

" Morning, baby."

" Morning, appa and omma."

Chaeyeon takes the coffee and pancake for her. The parents are staring lovingly at her eating and Chaeyeon laughs.

" Wae? Why are you staring at me like this? "

" No, we just glad that you are growing up well."

Her mother said while she is her hair. Chaeyeon smiles shyly and she feels really bad for the previous years she had with them. She had given a lot of hard times for them. Her father notices that Chaeyeon becomes sad so he tries to change the subject.

" So, it is today? "

He asks while he looks at the bouquet on the table. Chaeyeon sighs and she nods. The parents said nothing but they just let her finish her breakfast. Chaeyeon stands up from her seat and she hugs them before she goes out from the house.

" Bye, baby. Take care."

" Nae, I love you."

Chaeyeon doesn't ride her bike anymore. She is now with her new car and she gets in it, puts the bouquet on the passenger seat. She drives her car to the specific direction.

She turns in the parking lot and stops the car, gets out from it and takes the bouquet with her. It was made with Minju's favourite flowers, the white roses. She walks to the place where Minju's parents are waiting for her.

" Hello, Abuji, Eomeoni."

" Chaeyeon-ah, come. We are waiting for you."

" Nae."

The three of them enter the hall. The concert has already started so they move quietly to find their seats. After they have settled down their places, the announcer announce that it is the piano solo performance.

Chaeyeon smiles as soon as Minju appears on the stage. She is wearing a white dress which matches with her and her fingers are running on the keys, making the most beautiful melody to Chaeyeon's ears.

Chaeyeon is watching the girl's performance with a huge smile on her face. And she remembers their moments together.

If someone told her she would fall in love with another person one years ago, she would laugh at their face, shouting No Way. But now, she is enjoying her new life with the cute girl.

She realizes how much Minju meant to her when she came out from the operation. She felt like she was holding the world while she was holding Minju's hand at that time. And she understood that Minju was her destiny at that time.

While she is thinking, Minju ends the performance beautifully and they all clap. Chaeyeon follows Minju's parents to meet Minju at the back stage.

" Congratulation! "

Minju runs to her parents when she sees them. Chaeyeon waits for them fo give her a big hug and she walks to her girl.

" Hey, Minju-ah. It's so amazing."

" Thanks."

Chaeyeon gives the bouquet in her hand to Minju which the younger girl takes shyly. Chaeyeon laughs at the cute girl.

" It has been one year and you are still shy? "

" You always make me shy."

Chaeyeon's smile becomes bigger from ear to ear and she holds Minju's hand as they follow Minju's parents to go outside to take photos.

" Minju-ah, wait."

" Hmm? "

Chaeyeon pecks on her cheek and whispers.

" Saranghae."

Minju immediately hides her red face but she always feels like she is floating on the clouds everytime Chaeyeon says I love you. She doesn't rememeber how many times she has told already but she will never get bored of hearing it from Lee Chaeyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                             xxx

 

 

 

 

" Heejin-ah!! "

" Oppa? "

Heejin girl turns around and she is surprised to see the man running to her. Her face changes expressions as she is watching the man. He stops right in front of her and stares at her with feelings in his eyes.

" Heejin-ah, Saranghae."

" Saranghae too."

The man pulls her by the waist and presses their lips together. Well, not actually touch. Irene has already asked the director to take from different angle so that it seems like they are kissing but it actually isn't.

" Cut! "

Irene immediately pulls herself away from the actor as soon as the director shouts. She bows at the man and he bows back with a smile. Wendy runs to her and gives her the mini-fan as she leads the actress to her seat in the shade.

" Irene-sshi. Here's the juice for you."

The actor walks to her and he gives the bottle. Irene can't find the reason to refuse it and he is a good mannered guy so she smiles and takes the bottle from him, saying thank you.

" That's my favourite. Try it."

" Arasso."

Irene opens the cap of the bottle but she does not have enough strength so she can't open it. The actor smiles and he takes the bottle from Irene, opening the cap for her.

" Here."

" Thank you."

Irene answers with a shy smile and they chat for a few more minutes before he makes his way to take a rest. Irene is enjoying the juice while sitting on the chair when she hears a familiar voice beside her.

" Are you so happy, Bae Irene-sshi? "

" Seulgi-ah! "

Irene jumps in happiness when she sees Seulgi standing beside her. The younger girl doesn't speak but she is frowning and crossing her arms, signaling that she is angry. Oh, she must have seen me and oppa. Irene thinks.

" Wae? Are you jealous? Hmmm? "

Irene stands up and she links her arm with Seulgi, shaking her body and asks. But Seulgi doesn't answer and she keeps frowning. Wendy is staring the live action drama in front of her with wide open mouth and Irene makes a fake cough.

" Seungwan-ah."

" Nae unnie? "

" I want some ice-cream. Can you go buy please? "

" What! "

Wendy doesn't understand why Irene suddenly wants ice-cream but the actress is now glaring at her and signaling with her eyes to give them some alone time. Wendy finally gets the message and she walks away from them, cursing Evil Irene in her mind. Irene looks at the dancer who is still mad at her. 

" Seulgi-ah, Saranghae~ "

She tries to make up with the taller girl by using the ageyo but Seulgi removes her arm and she sits on the chair. Irene pouts as her plan fails but she decides not to give up easily and she sits on Seulgi's lap.

" Seulgi-ah~~ Don't be mad, alright? "

Irene said and Seulgi looks at her. Irene takes it as a positive sign and she continues.

" I didn't do the kissing scene today You don't have to worry about me. I mean you are very handsome when you are jealous but I don't like you being cold to me. Please talk to me, okay? "

Irene uses all her ageyo and Seulgi can't stay cool anymore. She laughs and shakes her head at her girlfriend.

" You are too naughty, unnie."

" But you love me, right? "

" Who said? "

" I just know. Saranghae, Seulgi-ah."

" Nae, babe."

" Aigoo, I love you too much, Seulgi-ah."

Irene whispers as she hugs tightly Seulgi by her neck. She doesn't care what others will think about them. For her, getting Seulgi by her side is enough already.

 

 

 

 

xxx                             xxx                                 xxx

 

 

 

 

Mina is sitting on the beach as she is watching the ocean in its way. The cold breeze is running around her, cooling her down from the hot weather. She feels some kind of peace while sitting here.

" Ahahhahaha."

She turns her head to the direction and she smiles automatically when she sees Chaeyoung playing with the kids from the orphanage. Yes, they have been running the orphanage for a year already. Mina decided to name it " Pleiades " in honor of her seven sisters.

She and Chaeyoung often come to the orphanage at least once in a week. And Chaeyoung is surprisingly okay with the kids although she also looks like one.

" Minari!!! "

She smiles at the younger girl who notices that she is watching her. Chaeyoung waves at her and she waves her back. Chaeyoung is now playing with the kids in the water and she seems she is having fun with them. While she is watching, Chaeyoung runs to her and tries to pull her up.

" Come, let's play together."

" No, it's too hot."

" It's really fun. C'm on!! Kids, come and take your unnie!!! "

Chaeyoung shouts and the group of kids run to them. They pull Mina up from the shade she is sitting and drag her to the water. Mina is just standing by the water while the kids continue playing. Chaeyoung smirks as she takes some water and splashes to Mina.

" Ahhh, Son Chaeyoung!!! "

" Come fight me if you dare."

" Alright! "

Mina pouts as she starts making her way to Chaeyoung. She takes the water and splashes at the younger girl. Chaeyoung doesn't want to lose the fight so she returns the attack making the two splashing water to each other. They run in the water and play for some time and finally, they decide to go back as they are now soaked.

" Kids, time to go back!!! "

Chaeyoung shouts and the kids get back on the shore. Mina teasingly pulls Chaeyoung back to the water and she makes her fall, making the younger girl frowns.

" You are so mean, Minari. Pull me up."

" Arasso."

Mina pulls up Chaeyoung but the younger girl smiles naughtily and pulls her down in the water, making both of them fall in water.

" Ahh, my hair is wet now!! "

" This is revenge, hahahaha."

They both are laughing and the two lovers help each other to get up from the water. They look at the kids who are walking ahead of them and Mina smiles.

" This was my childhood dream. I want to be a person like Appa. He raised the seven of us who are not even his blood. He was a very kind man. That's why I made this orphanage."

She said and Chaeyoung is just listening with a smile.

" I don't know who my real parents are but for me, this family is enough. We don't need to be blood related to make a family, right? All we need is a home to rest when we become tired."

She looks at Chaeyoung and smiles at her.

" Thanks for understanding me. And thanks for never leaving on my side."

Chaeyoung doesn't answer instead she shows her dimple smiles which easily melts Mina's heart. Chaeyoung suddenly gets an idea while she is watching the kids running to the orphanage.

" Minari, let's take a race. The one who reaches to the orphanage late will have to make the dinner."

" Call."

" I'll count, 1.. 2.. 3.."

" Yah, Chaeng, you are cheating!!!!! "

" No!!!!! I have shorter legs. I need a head-start."

Chaeyoung pulls Mina and pushes her to the back as she starts running. Mina loses her balance but she follows the younger girl who is now running with all her strength.

" Yah! I got you!!! "

" Ahhh, let me go!!! "

The two keep playing while the kids are cheering for them. Mina never knows what she will be doing now without Chaeyoung in her life. Son Chaeyoung is the best gift she received from God, apart from her family.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                   xxx                                    xxx

 

 

 

 

It is a beautiful twilight time and the orange sky is shining in its painting-like beauty. The fragrance of the flowers in the garden makes fresh for Naeun as she is watering her plants in her garden on her rooftop. She is enjoying her hobby while enjoying the nature at its best but she can't be fully happy.

As everyone knows, Eunji is always busy with her duties and she is always at her hospital. When she comes back, she will directly walk into her room like a zombie and sleep for hours. There is not much time with Naeun these days.

Naeun doesn't want to blame on the doctor girl as she knows being a doctor is not easy. But sometimes, she wants to spend some time with Eunji like other couples. She wants to go somewhere, eats something good, watches movie together or visits somewhere with Eunji but she doesn't want to ask her for them as she knows how tiring Eunji is.

But today, she feels a little sad because Eunji totally forgets their anniversary day. It has been one year they have been dating and it is an important day for Naeun. But Eunji seems she totally forgets about it as she went for her duty since early morning. Naeun wants to be angry with her but how can she? 

While Naeun is having her own dilemma, someone walks up the garden and she calls her,

" Naeunnie."

" Eunji? Why don't you go to duty? "

Naeun is really surprised to see Eunji here at this time. But the older girl smiles widely and she explains.

" I exchanged duties with my friend. I took morning duty so that I can be with you at night.Today is an important day, so I need to be here."

Naeun feels touches by Eunji's words and she smiles widely at the older girl. Eunji walks to her and she takes out a box from her pocket. Naeun is watching her as the older girl opens the box and takes out a bracelet from it.

" I was always worried because I can't give much time for you. I was always busy and i was afraid that you might feel lonely. Naeunnie, I chose a bracelet because I want you feel that I am always holding your hand even if I am not around you."

Eunji explains as she takes Naeun's hand and she puts the bracelet on her wrist. She then smiles at the younger girl who is staring at her with tears eyes.

" Saranghae, Naeunnie."

Eunji whispers and Naeun throws her arms around the shorter girl. Eunji hugs her back and she pads her back.

" Ok, go shower and change. Let's go out for a date tonight."

" Really? "

" Yeah, I even took the car from Jeongyeon. Go change now."

" Alright. I'll try my best to be beautiful for tonight."

Naeun said but Eunji shakes her head.

" No, Naeunnie. You are always beautiful in my eyes."

And Naeun knows she is blushing and she is red from head to toe. Eunji may be super busy and unromantic person but she is the one Naeun loves the most.

 

 

 

xxx                               xxx                                  xxx

 

 

 

" We are home!!!!!! "

Eunbi and Hyewon shout in unison as they enter the house. The house is not lighted and the only light they can see is lights from TV where Jeongyeon is watching a K-drama.

" Jeongyeonie, why you didn't switch on the light? "

Eunbi asks while she is making her way to switch on the lights. Jeongyeon looks at her and she smiles at her as she takes a sip from her beer.

" The darkness gives me more feeling when I am watching the drama."

She explains and Eunbi feels sorry for her sister. It has been a year and she seems she has not moved on yet. Hyewon joins Jeongyeon on the couch and she hugs her by the shoulder.

" Yah, don't be that much depressing. I'll take you to a super awesome bar this week. Alright? "

" Kang Hyewon, what are you talking about?!!! "

" No, I was just trying to cheer up your sister."

Hyewon defends herself but Eunbi crosses her arms as she is now angry with her. Hyewon jumps off from the couch to make her way to Eunbi to make up with her which makes Jeongyeon to frown.

" What the hell! That drama makes me cry and now, they are at it again. Aigoo, poor Jeongyeonie. Let's go out."

She is talking to herself and takes another can of beer from the fridge as she leaves the house, leaving Eunbi and Hyewon alone. Eunbi angrily walks into her room and Hyewon follows her.

" Yah, Kwon Eunbi. Let me explain. I don't want to go to a bar. I already have a bar girl beside me. Why do I need another one? "

" What? You are calling me a bar girl? "

" No! I was just trying to recall the memories."

Eunbi doesn't speak and Hyewon makes her facing her.

" I was too lucky to meet you at that time. I made many mistakes, I was so stupid at that time. But Kwon Eunbi, do you know the only rightful thing I made in my life is choosing you. I will do the same and choose you again if they make me restart my life."

Hyewon said and she takes out something from her pocket. Eunbi is thinking if she is taking out another cash but she is wrong this time. Hyewon shows her a couple of rings in her palm.

" Kwon Eunbi, I may not be the best lover but I swear I love you and only you for now and forever. This rings are not proposing rings as we are not ready for the marriage but they can be promising rings. I promise to protect you, love you and to be with you for the rest of my life."

Hyewon said and Eunbi never expects that from her lover. She is looking at the girl with tears eyes and she nods.

" Kang Hyewon, you always makes me amazed with your craziness. But what can I do? I fell in love with you."

And she takes a bigger ring from Hyewon's palm to put it on Hyewon's finger. She smiles and even gives a peck on Hyewon's finger, making Hyewon to grin widely. She then gives her hand to the younger girl and Hyewon puts the ring on her.

But she is too excited and worried as she drops the ring by accident and it rolls on the floor, ends up under the bed.

" What?! "

" OMG!! Sorry, Kwon Eunbi. I didn't mean it!! I will take it back."

Hyewon tries to reach to the ring but her arm is too big for the space between the bed and the floor. Hyewon bites her lip and she looks at Eunbi then shows her toothy smile.

" Hehe, Kwon Eunbi, I think we need to move the bed to get the ring. GIve me a hand."

" Geez, Kang Hyewon, you are too annoying."

Eunbi said while rolling her eyes. But she can't stay with her straight face long as Hyewon is now preparing to move the bed. Aigooo, how can she stay mad at this dorky girlfriend of hers? Eunbi shakes her head and walks to Hyewon to help her to move the bed.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                  xxx                                    xxx

 

 

 

Jeongyeon walks on the street without direction as she doesn't want to stay at home with the annoying couple who are always busy with each other's face. That makes her depressing. She tries her best to live in her normal life but she can't move on easily.

It has been a year since Nayeon went back to Italy but she can't still forget her even a single day. It seems Nayeon is really angry with her stupidity. She didn't even send a letter to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon watches her instagram account every night and she finds that the bunny girl is happy with her own life. It seems she even forgets about her. And so she decides not to call Nayeon, too.

While she is walking, she notices that she is in front of the playground the Nayeon once went out and played. She is staring at the swing that Nayeon sat and she pushed for her. Ahh, the memories really kill us. Jeongyeon thinks and she walks to there and sits on the swing.

" Nayeon-ah, you know I am now a K-drama fan. I don't know but I feel like I am watching the same drama together with you when I am watching. I know I am a Pabo but I really miss you."

She is talking to herself while drinking all the beer in the can. She puts the empty can on the ground and opens another. I will drink the whole night. She is thinking in her mind.

Time has been passed while she is sitting on the swing and missing her love from Italy.  And she thinks she became drunken.

" Aigoo, I am really drunken already. I'm even seeing Im Nayeon in front of me."

Jeongyeon shakes her head to drive away the crazy image of Nayeon in front of her but it doesn't disappear and instead it becomes nearer and nearer. What the hell!

" Yoo Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon stands up in surprise when she hears the most annoying voice on the earth. Im Nayeon?

" Yah, Pabo-ah, what are you doing here? I even went to your house but your sister said that you went outside. Are you missing me that much? "

She asks but Jeongyeon is still in her shock and she is just staring at Nayeon. The short woman is not wearing her big hat and funny sunglasses. And her hair is short as it is now only shoulder length in black. But her trademark smirk is still the same and she is staring at Jeongyeon with the most annoying smirk ever.

" Moya? Are you not happy to see me? I thought you will be happy when you see me."

Nayeon said with a pout but she is surprised when Jeongyeon suddenly pulls her and hugs her tight.

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon, what are you doing? "

" You are real. You are the real Im Nayeon. I'm not dreaming, am I? "

" Pabo-ah, what are you talking about? "

Nayeon hides her smile in Jeongyeon's chest and she murmurs. Jeongyeon pushes Nayeon away and she asks.

" Are you visiting South Korea again? When will you go back? "

" Aigoo, as I fell for a stupid Korean police, I have to accept the offer from one of the hotels in South Korea to transfer here. To answer your question, I'm living here since today."

" What!!! Are you serious?!! I'm so happy Nayeon-ah."

Jeongyeon shouts as she pulls Nayeon for another hug and the shorter girl whispers Pabo. Jeongyeon pushes her to see her face and she smiles.

" Do you know how much I miss you? I know I am a stupid person but I want to say a word to you since long ago. I kept it to myself because I didn't want to pull you back with me."

" That's why I'm calling you a Pabo."

Nayeon said with a pout and she croses her arms as she skips away from Jeongyeon. But the drunken girl has long arms luckily and she pulls Nayeon back suddenly, crashing her lips on the shorter girl's. She cups Nayeon's face with one hand while the other is putting on her hip and accidently squeezes.

" Yah!! Yoo Jeongyeon, you byuntae!!! "

Nayeon slaps Jeongyeon's chest but Jeongyeon is just laughing.

" Sorry, I have long arms and you are short so.."

" Shut up and just kiss me again."

" As you wish, bunny."

Jeongyeon resumes capturing Nayeon's lips again and they both put all thier passions into it. They break after a minute and Nayeon moves closer herself into Jeongyeon's embrace, rests her head on the taller girl's chest.

" Don't let me go next time."

" I won't. This year without you is like hell to me. I can't live without you, Im Nayeon."

Jeongyeon hugs the shorter girl in her arms more tightly.

" Saranghae."

Nayeon smiles satisfactorily and she looks up Jeongyeon, gives a quick peck on her chin.

" Nado Saranghae."

The taller girl looks into her eyes and they understand what they want. Jeongyeon has been a coward all the time  but she will not make the same mistake. Slowly, they lean in to each other again as they are missing each other too much. This time, they know that they will not let go of each other again.