Chapter 19

The Pleiades

It is a dry rainless day of late June. It has been raining the whole week but today, it was sunny again. It even looks like a new hope for a new era. Eunji is duty off today but she can't take a rest. She is sitting in the roof garden alone, watching the beautiful night sky as she has been thinking about too much.

They all heard that Choi Jinho comitted suicide and Eunji felt somehow guilty. She knows this is not her fault but she can't comfort her mind. She has been thinking like she has done something bad and she is not feeling well.

At that time, Naeun who has followed Eunji after she has closed the shop, sees that the later is out of her mind. She walks to Eunji and sits beside, Eunji takes a glance and she smiles at Naeun.

" What are you thinking, Eunji? "

" Many things. Many things happened this week and I felt like guilty. I saved his life but he just shot himself and wasted it. Is it because of he knowing that I am Kwon Byunseo's daughter? I- I feel- "

" Eunji-ah."

Naeun holds Eunji's hand gently. The doctor girl looks at her and she gives her best smile to Eunji.

" Listen. You have done what you need to do. And he did his part. He killed himself because he wanted to take all the sins with him. Only him. He wanted his son to get free. This is illegal, you know? You are not done yet. The real murderer is still out there."

Naeun tries to comfort Eunji and the older girl nods. Naeun is right. That man just wanted to take all these things with him. They still have to deal with Choi Minho.

" Come, Eunji. Let's go."

" Where? "

" I will show you my way of relaxation."

Naeun said as she pulls Eunji downstairs into the kitchen. Eunji doesn't know what Naeun is up to but she just decides to let Naeun do whatever she likes.

" What are we doing here? "

" Making coffee."

" Really? Are you serious? "

" Yeah."

She said and she starts to prepare things. Eunji follows Naeun's steps and they are making a cappuccino. 

" This is the hardest part. You need to draw with the steamed milk. See? "

Naeun said and she shows Eunji how to draw. Eunji is happy with this and she tries to follow the move but she fails. She pouts and Naeun laughs at her.

" It's ok. You won't get at the first time. This is natural. C'm on. Let's try again. I will go take some more milk."

" Alright."

Eunji whispers and she picks up the milk cup to draw again. She pulls the cup higher as she tries to make the shape and there is a heart on top of coffee.

" Huh, it's pretty."

But she suddenly hears Naeun's footsteps and quickly stirs the milk destroying her perfect heart.

" Still don't get it? "

" No."

Eunji pretends like she can't make it and Naeun shakes her head. Eunji gets an idea suddenly.

" Teach me again, Naeunnie. Let's make it together."

" Alright."

Naeun moves closer to Eunji and she holds the shorter girl's hand from behind. It's like she is backhugging Eunji. It's too embarrassing. They both think and their faces turn red.

Naeun leads the move as she shows Eunji how to draw and Eunji doesn't care what she is showing. All she know is to enjoy the moment with Naeun.

" Ok. You get it, right? "

" Yeah. I think so."

Eunji awkwardly said and Naeun removes herself from the older girl. Eunji sighs as she has lost the warmth she is shared from Naeun from her back. It feels like her piece of soul is left like a jigsaw piece. This is crazy.

Eunji picks up the coffee cup and she takes a sip. Naeun looks at her from the corner of her eye and she smiles while she is enjoying the sence of Eunji tasting the coffee.

" It's too tasty."

" Really? "

" Yeah. I can drink this coffee for the rest of my life."

Eunji blurs out and Naeun hides her face quickly as she is blushed by the words. Eunji also awares of what she has said and she widens her eyes in surprise. What have I said? 

" Ummmm, Eunji, there is some froth on your mouth."

" Really? "

Eunji said and she tries to wipe the froth but she can't clean them all. Naeun laughs at cute Eunji.

" Come here. I will wipe it for you."

Naeun pulls Eunji and she takes a tissue, wiping the froth away. Eunji is blushing as she needs to be taken care of the younger girl.

" Naeunnie."

" What? "

" Hmmm, I don't know how to tell you but I think I enjoy staying with you."

" What do you mean? "

Naeun is blushing and so she turns around to the other side, playing with her hair. Eunji is also blushing so she turns to the other side. They are now back facing each other as they are too embarrassed to look at each other as they both know what is going on.

" i- ummmm, I-"

" Are you in love with me? "

Naeun becomes inpatient and she finishes the sentence for Eunji. Eunji giggles in nervousness.

" Yeah, hehe."

" Aigoo. Come here."

Naeun dares herself to turn around and pull the girl towards her, hiding her face in the shorter girl's neck automatically.

" Naeunnie, I-"

" You don't need to say anything. I understand. And I love you."

She whispers and Eunji smiles on Naeun's shoulder.

" Thanks for everything."

And she tightens their hug.

 

 

 

xxx                       xxx                           xxx

 

 

 

" I don't understand why you need to meet that old woman."

Irene said as she is watching Eunbi choosing a nice dress for her sudden meeting with Kang Hyewon girl's mother. Eunbi smiles and she shakes her head as she doesn't know the reason either.

" I don't know, unnie. May be she want a few words with me? "

" Immm, what about that dress? It suits you."

" Really? "

" Yeah, try it."

Eunbi wears the dress and she turns around 360 degree, showing herself to Irene and asking for opinion. Irene shakes her head and they choose another one again. After trying for 5th one, Irene finally thumbs up and she approves. Eunbi smiles and she checks herself in the mirror.

" Don't worry, baby. You are already pretty."

" What if she doesn't like me? "

" Then I will kick her ."

Irene jokes with her straight face and Eunbi laughs as she slaps her sister's arm lightly. 

" Unnie, I'm going."

" Do you want me to drive for you? "

" Don't you have any schedule? "

" Not yet, the fliming will start in three days."

" Oh, then let's go? We can hang out after this."

Eunbi said and she waits for her sister to finish her make-up and outfit. Irene uses a mask and cap to cover her face but her beauty is too obvious to be unnoticed. The two sisters come to the place where Eunbi has agreed to meet Hyewon and her mother while Irene decides to stay in her car and wait for Eunbi.

Eunbi nervously walks into the restaurant and she sees Kang Hyewon sitting together with her mother at a table. Hyewon waves at her happpily and Eunbi is about to greet her back but the woman also notices her presence so Eunbi smiles and bows at her as she walks to the table.

" Hello, eomeoni."

" Take a seat."

Eunbi tries to smile but the woman stays in her straight face so she sits awkardly in front of the woman.

" Let me straightly get to the point."

The woman starts as she is staring at Eunbi.

" I don't like my daughter hanging out with you."

" Omma!! "

" Nae? "

Hyewon is surprised as she doesn't know what her mother is up to.

" I don't like my daughter dating with a bar girl like you. I have known all your background. Tell me a reason why I should let my daughter date you? Huh? All you did is gold digging from my daughter, right? "

" Omma, it is enough. Kwon Eunbi is not that kind of girl."

" Not that kind of girl? Every poor girl is the same, Hyewon. They will find someone rich and will change their life. That's all they can do. "

" Omma, you never said that you will talk to Kwon Eunbi like this."

" I wanted to show you the real her."

" Eomeoni, I'm not that kind of girl. I really like Kang Hyewon and I-"

" Like? Like her what? Tell me."

" Omma!! "

" Shut up or you will be sent to Japan tonight."

Hyewon is pissed off but she is afraid of her mother so she just keeps herself silent.

" Let me tell you clearly. I don't want to see you around my daughter. Break up with her."

Hyewon looks at her mother in surprise. Eunbi smiles and she shakes her head.

" Do you think I choose her easily? No, it is hard for me. I know she is far away from me. And I tried to stay away from her. But my heart didn't listen to me anymore. It is calling for Kang Hyewon. I can't do anything but to follow its lead."

Eunbi looks at Hyewon who is staring at her with a surprising look.

" I like your daughter a lot, eomeoni. I am sorry but I will try my best to be suitable partner for her. But I can't stay away from her."

" What? "

" I can't break up with her."

" Gold digger ."

The woman said and she grabs her water glass and she raises it as she is about to splash the water at the brave Eunbi. But her hand is stopped by another person.

" What are you trying to do to my sister? " 

" Unnie! "

Irene lets go of the woman's hand and she also removes her cap and mask, revealing herself and making the Kang mother-daughter to be surprised to see her.

" Bae- Bae Irene."

" Yes, I am. And this girl who you are trying to humilitate is my sister."

" Your sister? "

" Have you ever heard the brand, Myoui Bag? This is also our sister's. But I don't even know your names. What company you possess? Hmm? And in conclusion, your family is just a tiny one compared to us."

Irene points her finger to Hyewon and she said.

" And I don't let my sister to date someone as poor as you. Plus you have a shameful proud family background."

The woman is pissed off but she has no word found to fight back to Irene. Irene grabs her sister's hand and pulls her up.

" What are you doing? Get up."

And she glares the Kang's.

" Don't let your daughter come closer to my sister. I warn you. Let's go."

And she drags Eunbi out of the restaurant. Hyewon shouts from their back.

" I'll call you, Kwon Eunbi."

" If you dare, try. I will send my sister to UK."

She said with a smirk and drags Eunbi back to their car.

" Why didn't you tell me that she has a wealthy family? "

" You never gave me a chance, Omma. And I found out that not too long ago."

Irene smirks as she hears the mother-daughter conversation. No one can mess up with me. She thinks and keeps dragging her sister. Eunbi follows her sister silently as she knows it is her fault.

" Yah, Kwon Eunbi. Why you let her talk to you like this? You should fight back."

" But unnie, I was afraid. I don't know how to fight as I was never rich. I was just a bar girl two weeks ago."

" Awww, baby. I'm sorry."

Irene said as she pulls her sister into a hug. She sighs as she feels really bad for her long lost sister. 

" Thanks for saving me, unnie."

" I'm always here for you, baby sis."

Irene said and she helps Eunbi with her seatbealt. Eunbi holds on the belt and she asks her sister in a weak tone.

" So I am reallly breaking up with Kang Hyewon? "

" Yes, you are."

" Unnie~"

Irene keeps her face straight and she starts driving. No, I won't let her to date my precious sister unless she proves me that she really loves Eunbi. She thinks.

 

 

 

xxx                           xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

Mina is in her office although it is already late as she needs some work to finish. Her team is also working with her and so she is not lonely. At that time, her phone rings and she finds that it is Choi Minho who is calling her.

" Mina-sshi, where are you? "

" I'm still at work. Why? "

" No, I just want to pick you up so I am checking where you are."

" Ok, I will let my stuffs go home and wait for you."

" Ok, I'll be there soon."

He hangs up and Mina sighs. There she goes again. She needs to keep staying close to that man. She tells her secretary team to go home as it is already late and she needs to wait for a few minutes till he comes.

She sits on her chair and slowly opens her drawer. And there is the portrait of her own which Chaeyoung drew for her on her birthday. She slowly touches the paper and smiles when her fingers touch the words written.

" Love is doing small things with great love. Chaeng."

So, you love me? Hmm? I want to ask you that question but I don't want to hurt you. It will only happen bad things to you if I keep you in this mess. I don't want to take that risk. I will just look at you from away. Love doesn't need to be together, right? She feels a sharp pain from the left side of her chest as it is too much painful for her to handle this. 

At that time, she hears a sound from the outside of her office and she feels strange. What is this? And what smell is this? Mina thinks and she stands up from her seat and opens the door. As soon as she opens the door, huge black smoke runs into her office and she is thrown back into her room.

What the-

Mina is fallen on the floor in front of her office door and staring at her office which is on fire. The smoke is filled up the whole office and she can see flames around her. Mina becomes scared all of a sudden as her childhood memory flashes back in her mind. It is just the same.

She feels like she is taken back to their burning house. The house was on fire and all she could see were the black smoke and flames everywhere. She can smell the burning things and it feels like death is nearer to her. She feels like suffocating and she can't even stand up. She can see the door but she can't even move her finger.

At that time, someone picks her up from the floor, and hugging her tight. Who is this? Appa? Am I dying?

" Minari, Minari, look at me. Yah! Stay with me, Mina Myoui!!! "

Hmmm, is this-

" Thanks, God."

" Chaeyoung-ah."

Mina whispers. Son Chaeyoung is staring her back with her warm brown eyes and she is holding her so that she will not pass out. Chaeyoung is angry and she starts shouting.

" Yah! What are you doing? You should stand up and leave this place."

Chaeyoung shouts as she tries to stand up while pulling Mina up. Mina is shaking her head and she is trembling. Chaeyoung remembers that Mina has experience with fire so she doesn't shout the girl anymore. She bites her lip and she looks around as she is finding a way out.

She notices the water cooler not far from and she runs to there. She takes off her blazer and soaks it with water as she gives it to Mina.

" Take this and cover your mouth and nose. And follow me."

She tightly holds Mina's hand and walks to the door where she leaves it open. Huge flames start covering the door but they still can see it. Chaeyoung pulls Mina out of the office which is on fire and they both fall down on floor. At that time, the fire alarm rings and water starts falling down from the ceiling, soaked both of them.

" Minari, MInari, are you ok? "

Chaeyoung tries to wake Mina who is nearly in her shocked state. But Mina is looking at the opposite direction where she sees a shadow.

" There- There is someone over there."

" What! "

Chaeyoung turns around and she sees a shadow running down the stairs. She stands up and follows him but he is nowhere to be seen. Chaeyoung sighs and she runs back to Mina who is still not in a good condition.

" Are you ok? "

" Yeah."

Mina nods and Chaeyoung sighs. The older woman is still trembling so Chaeyoung wonders if she really ok. She sighs and asks.

" What happened? "

" I don't know. I was in my office and the fire started. And how you reached here? "

Chaeyoung's face becomes red but Mina thinks it is just a light reflection. The lawyer explains in her calm voice after a few seconds later. 

" I... I was about to go home and I suddenly remember that I forgot to give you a file so I came here to give it to Dahyun as she told me she was still at the company. But when I reached, I saw no one but the smoke and I found you in the fire."

Mina nods. Chaeyoung walks with her to the parking lot and she sends her till they reach beside Mina's car. Chaeyoung lets Mina to stand beside it as she runs to her car and takes out a blanket. She runs back to Mina and puts it on her shoulders as she is cold and shivering.

" I used to sleep in the car when I am busy. You can take the blanket."

" What about you? You are wet too."

" I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Chaeyoung said and they both lose their words again. Chaeyoung sighs and she asks.

" Do you want me to drive you home? "

" It's ok. I can drive."

" Fine. Then, bye."

Chaeyoung bows as she shows her manners and she leaves Mina at there. Mina holds on Chaeyoung's blazer in her hand tightly as she knows the younger girl is leaving her. She watches as Chaeyoung enters her car then drives away till she is disappeared from her sight. She sighs and then enters her car.

When she is about to start her engine, her phone rings and she picks it up.

" Mina Myoui, it is lucky that you are safe. This is just a warning."

Mina widens her eyes.

" But next time, if you try to do something again, I will hurt. Not you, but your beautiful little girlfriend."

" Who are you? "

" Does it matter? Don't mess up with us or get regret later. And I know who you are, Kwon Mina. Hahahahahahahahaha."

The phone is hanged up and Mina is left in shocked, again. Her brain is processing and she notices something. Choi Minho called her and confirmed that she was at work before the fire accident happened. This is not an accident. He knows her now. No.

She decides to go home first before she calls her sisters and she drives back her car home. Little did she know, there is Chaeyoung's car following her not too far till she sees that Mina is home safe. It seems things are getting complicated.

 

 

 

xxx                        xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

Lee Chaeyeon is alone in the school garden, sitting on the bench, headphone on as always. She is alone here as she needs to think carefully what she is doing. 

Sakura, she loves Sakura a lot. Chaeyeon thinks she will never come back so she decided to move on. But she has come back and makes everything in her almost stable life to be stormy again. For Minju, Chaeyeon knows she is a nice girl. And she is too innocent. She doesn't want her to be the victim of her game. I need to choose someone. If not, everyone willl get hurt.

Chaeyeon sighs and she stands up as it will be her time to go home. She walks to her bike which she left not far from there. While she is wearing her helmet, three cars are driving at her directions and they stop. And there are six girls coming down from them like in movie drama scenes.

What the are they doing? Is this some kind of movie? Chaeyeon thinks and she turns around to check if there is any camera here but there is none. They seem they are coming to her as they are now circling her and surround her.

" What's going on? What do you want? "

She dares herself to ask them. She looks carefully at them but she doesn't know them. Wait, is this Bae Irene? Or her fan who took plastic surgery to look like her? No, no, this is pure Bae Irene. I know her too well.

" Chaeyeon-ah."

" Oh, thanks God, Eunbi-sshi, what are you doing here? Who are they? Where is Kangchan? "

Chaeyeon asks but Eunbi doesn't answer and she is just sobbing. What is happening?

" Is this really our Chaeyeonnie? "

A short lady with cute baby-like voice asks. Chaeyeon looks at them while arching her eyebrows and she shakes her head.

" It can't be. There is no way. Don't tell me you are-"

" Chaeyeon-ah, don't you remember us? "

" Don't touch me! "

A tall girl tries to touch her but Chaeyeon jerks her hand away. She takes two back steps and looks at them who are now looking at her while crying. Chaeyeon doesn't know but she feels like crying all of a sudden. What's wrong with me? Stay strong, Lee Chaeyeon.

" Chaeyeon-ah, this is us. We are your sisters. Remember? "

" I don't have any sister. I am only one daughter of the family, Lee Chaeyeon!!! "

She starts shouting. The six girls are now in shock of what she said but Chaeyeon doesn't care.

" I don't have any sister. Even if I had, I regarded as they all are dead already."

" Chaeyeon-ah, we are sorry but please listen to us first. Ok? We will explain."

" Explain what? Do you know how an 8 years old kid feel when she turns around and there is no sign of her sisters? Do you know how much it is painful to live in an orphan house when others will bully you and there is no one to protect you? Do you know how I am living now? Blaming everyone and hating myself. This is hell. Hell. The ing Hell!!! "

She shouts as she is angry as well as sad. Tears are falling on her face but she doesn't care. 

" Let me explain, Chaeyeon-ah."

" Wae? About you becoming a successful actress while I am stuck in an empty big house and lonely? No, thanks."

" Chaeyeon, you are going too far. Listen to us first."

Eunji hops in and Chaeyeon looks at her carefully, trying to remember who she is. Eunbi takes the chance of the calm down Chaeyeon and she tries to hold onto her arm.

" You know me. I am the bar girl. Remember? So, let us explain a first. Then you decide what to do."

Chaeyeon looks at her and she stays quiet. Eunbi takes it as a positive sign and she explains.

" On that day, do you remember you ran to the other side of the road to see Appa's photo on TV? I was trying to follow you as I was afraid of losing you. I didn't saw that a car was coming and Joohyun unnie pushed me away. She was hit by the car instead and she was taken to the hospital. I was in shock due to the blood covering me and I ran to nowhere, lost in the streets of Seoul."

Eunbi looks at Chaeyeon who is looking at her now.

" Chaeyeon-ah, I was not adopted like you. I couldn't finish my school. I had to work day and night to make money. But I never blamed you guys. I just waited for the day you will come and find me. And unnies actually did. They all were separated too but we didn't give up on each other. Now we found you. But you are rejecting us."

" Baby, it is ok if you want to be Lee Chaeyeon, we will always support you. But please talk to us. Please call us, unnie, hmm? "

Chorong begs as she tries to hold Chaeyeon's hand. Chaeyeon doesn't move and she lets the older girl touch her.

" We have been looking for you every day and night. Jeongyeon even joined the police academy just to find you. We are truly sorry that we failed you but let us to make up with you."

Chaeyeon lowers her head and she tries to hide her face from them as she starts sobbing again. 

" I'm sorry, Chaeyeon-ah. It's my fault. If I was not hit by the car, you won't have to stay at the orphan house."

" Please stop."

Chaeyeon finally said. She is sobbing like a baby now.

" Please stop now. Please stop saying sorry."

She said in her cry.

" I - I was only thinking about me. I was always blaming you guys for leaving me behind but I never thought about you. I never thought what you were facing. I was selfish. I- I- I am sorry."

" Chaeyeon-ah."

" I never thought you were looking for me. I thought you abandoned me. I am sorry. I am sorry, unnies."

" Oh, it's totally fine. Come here."

The unnies start hugging her and the others join. They put the maknae in the middle and making a group hug. Chaeyeon is still crying while she is saying sorry non-stop. They are smiling in between tears as they continue their sister moment.

They are now all 7 together. Appa, I found everyone, we are family again. Chorong thinks. It is only needed to end the monster. I promise I will do it no matter what it costs. She makes a mental promise to herself.