Chapter 7

The Pleiades

This is the usual work day for Chorong who has been busy with new project of their team. She is feeling like Suho wants them to be closer so she keeps a distance from him, as a result, she has no friend at work. She only talks to him only when necessary and she thinks he gets her signal. He doesn't try to talk to her alone anymore.

Suho is a good man and she knows he may be her best partner but she doesn't want to give him a try. May be they are not meant to be? May be she has someone else in her mind? Talking about someone, Chorong remembers how she had fun with Bomi on that day. They laughed a lot, shared jokes, and really had fun. But they were both busy and they never have a chance to talk after that.

She has to admit that she misses Bomi, immmm, not Yoon Bomi the busy manager. The real Bomi who has fun side, who spent time with her. While she is zooming out, someone passes her table and everyone in the office stand up to give respect to their manager.

Bomi is wearing a tight miniskirt with white shirt which reveals her collarbones while putting a coat on her shoulders. Her red lipstick makes everyone amazed as always. Chorong wants to give a smile as a greeting but Bomi seems she is too busy to look at anyone.

Chorong sighs. May be she has been thinking too much. She has been thinking about their moment almost all the time but Bomi seems she is not interested anymore.

" Chorong-sshi? "

Chorong doesn't hear that her senior is calling.

" Chorong-sshi??!! "

" Nae, nae? "

" Manager wants to see you."

" Me? "But it's near lunch break."

" Forget lunch. Go in quickly or she will scold you more."

Chorong doesn't know why Bomi wants to see her. She didn't do anything wrong. There is no reason she needs to see her alone. But, nevertheless, Chorong stands up and she fixes her clothes, then she knocks on the door. Suho gives a fighting gesture with a wink and she smiles weakly at him before she enters the office.

" Manager, they said you want to see me."

" Come, unnie. Sit here."

" Unnie? "

Chorong is surprised by Bomi who has already removed  her coat. She is preparing food on the table when Chorong enters the room. She quickly said Chorong to sit and the older girl is now taking her time to process.

" Manager, I- "

" Eek, we have already said that you will call me Bomi when we are alone, remember? "

" But we are still at work."

" But we are alone."

Bomi said with a smile and Chorong lets out a chuckle. Bomi sits in one chair and Chorong sits at the opposite side. Bomi puts the coffee cup in front of Chorong and Chorong raises her eyebrow.

" What's with it? "

" Nothing, I just want to eat with you."

Bomi replies as she puts her sandwich into . And she continues while chewing her food happily.

" And I don't think you will come and eat with me in the cafeteria so I bought food for both of us."

" You give me surprise."

" I know. Hehehe."

Chorong chuckles and Bomi continues eating her food. Chorong also takes her sandwich and she takes her bite.

" This is awesome."

" haha, I know you will like it. It is from my favourite coffee shop. It is not far from here. It is a cozy place to take coffee. I will definitely bring my date to there."

Bomi explains carefully about her favourite thing. Chorong is just listening to her. She doesn't even hear clearly. Her mind is filled with questions why Bomi is eating lunch with her. But she is enjoying this moment too much so she is nearly to forget that questions.

" Shall we go there this weekend? "

Chorong is nearly choked on her food when Bomi suddenly asks. She looks at the younger girl with round wide eyes, the later is staring at her with her cute little eyesmile. She blinks trying to process what Bomi has said. She is askiing her out. Yes, Yoon Bomi is asking her out for a date at her favourite coffee shop to where she will bring her date.

" Hmmm? Rong unnie? "

" Oh, sorry. I wa- I was, um- I was shocked."

" Omo. Did I give you a shock? OMG! I'm so sorry."

" No, No, I'm fine. I'm fine."

" So? Shall we go? "

This is like a dream. What are you waiting for, Chorong?  Just say yes.

" It's ok if you don't want to go. "

" No, No, I'd love to."

" You will? "

" Yes. Let's go.This weekend, right? "

" This weekend."

Chorong shyly chews her food while Bomi is grinning like a happy kid. Chorong bites her lip secretly  as she doesn't want to show her excitement. They spent the lunch time together and they both feel like they are one more step closer to each other. Chorong has mood change 180 degrees and she can't hide her happpiness during the whole day.

When it is time to go home, Bomi comes out from her office, And she walks to Chorong's table, putting a note pad secretly and she comes back from the company. She imagines how Chorong will smile shyly when she notices the note she left written " Bye, C ya" with smile emoji. She shakes her head to herself. I'm so hopelessly in love with her, Bomi thinks while she is driving back to her home.

She has the family dinner tonight. She takes a quick shower and chooses something comfortable to wear. She doesn't need a dress to go home. After she has finished everything, she drives to their home.

She has been livng alone outside since her mother passed away 2 years ago. She decided to stay by herself as she doesn't want to live under her father's shadow. She needs to find her own way of living. But she promised them to come back home every Friday for family dinner. 

When she stops her car in front of the house, the maid runs to her and greets.

" Miss, you are home."

" Where is Appa? "

" He's in the dining room, waiting for you."

Bomi smiles and she enters the dining room, at there, her father and brother are at the table, eating while waiting for her. She bows to them and her brother stands up to give her a hug. She hugs him back and she walks to her father to give him a hug too.

" Sit, sit. The dishes are going to be cold."

" Nae, appa."

" How's work? "

" It's going well. I'm the best manager, at your service, Boss."

Bomi said cheerfully and the father asks the brother.

" Really, Minho-ah? "

" Actually, we only met at meetings. But she really is doing well."

" That's what I exactly want. I don't want to be someone who becomes a manager because her father is the owner of the company. Well, Oppa is already talented so it gave me so much pressure. I want to enter the company quietly and helped you guys."

Bomi cutely said and Choi Jinho and Choi Minho laugh together. Well, they are not her real family. Her mother remarried when she was 9 after her father died from cancer. And she met this men as her new family. She wanted to keep the Surname of her father and so she continues as Yoon Bomi. But they are really good to her, even after her mother had died, they took care of her as their real blood.

The father wanted her to work at their company after he had and he had to give the CEO position to Minho. Bomi agreed but she wanted to keep it as a secret that she is the second daughter of the company owner as she didn't want to use her father's power for her life. And she thinks she is doing well now.

She spent a few hours at their house and finally she decides to go home. The father insists her to stay over but she refuses and comes back. She drives while singing along the random songs on the radio. Is it that much beautiful and feel special to be in love with someone? She thinks.

She enters her house, changes her clothes and throws herself on her bed. And she takes out her phone. And there is a new contact she just made today. Rong unnie. She smiles at the cute nickname she has given to her. She inhales and starts to write a sms.

" Are you asleep? "

She presses the sent button and she has to wait for about three minutes to receive the reply.

" Bbom-ah, sorry. I was showering."

Bomi chuckles at the name Chorong calls her. Bbom-ah. That's really cute.

" I just want to say Goodnight."

" Goodnight."

The reply comes in immediately. Bomi grins and she sent the last message for tonight.

" Sleep well, Rong unnie. Sweet dream."

And she also closes her eyes. A smile is plastered on her face as she is happy to find someone who can make her feel save and special.

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

Hyewon is with her friends at their usual hangout place. But her mind is not here. It has flown to somewhere else and she has been spacing out the whole day. Yuri and Yena are at their usual lovey dovey things, Chaeyeon is busy with her new choreographs and so no one bothers to disturb her.

She is thinking about the callgirl from the bar who has stolen her first kiss. First kiss. Damn first kiss. I don't care. Please get out of my head. She screams in her head and ruffles her hair with her hand making Chaeyeon to look at her.

" What's wrong, Kangchan? "

" Nothing."

" Your face is dark. Your ears are red. Your hair is messy. And you keep sigh every five minutes. Is this nothing? "

" Jesus, Chaeyeon."

Hyewon frowns but she walks to Chaeyeon and sits beside her. She takes a glance at Yuri and Yena making sure they are not listening. Chaeyeon notices all the gestures Hyewon is doing and she knows this is definitely not nothing. Hyewon lowers her voice and whispers.

" There is something bothering me."

" Imm hmm? "

Hyewon her lip in nervousness. She suddenly extends her body and uses a dark tone.

" You have to promise me first that you will not laugh at me or you will not make fun of me. Or you will not think I am a stupid person."

" You know very well that I will never do it. Ok, now, tell me what is it? "

Hyewon inhales and she starts.

" I have someone on my mind. And she is a bar girl. I met her again two days ago at the water park and she saved me from drowning by stealing my first kiss. I don't know what to do now. But she is always here, shouting at me while pointing her short fingers towards me. I can't get her out of my mind."

Hyewon said while she is pointing to her head. Chaeyeon is just staring at her and says nothing, making her totally embarrassed.

" I know I'm silly and foolish."

" No, you are not. Falling in love is never stupid. It's somehow crazy but it's not foolish, trust me."

Chaeyeon whispers back. And she pads her bestfriend's back.

" So what's your problem here? "

" She is a bargirl. What if my mother finds out about me falling for a bargirl? Plus she totally hates me also."

" Hate you? "

" Yesh, I made some mistakes and she doesn't like me. I think."

" Oh, I know who she is."

Chaeyeon said while she is remembering the girl from the bar she saw that night, whom Kanchan bumped into. 

" She seemed nice."

" Really? "

" Yes."

" What should I do? "

" Oh, Kangchan, seriously? Juat go and tell her."

" Tell her what? "

" That you like her? OR something you want. Something nice."

" What if- "

" There is no what if in love, chingu-ah. Do you know why we say 'Fall in love'? Because we fall down from the cliff of love and we don't know if there is someone down there who will catch us up. But if there is someone, you will find your true happiness. Even if there is no one, you will get a great experience of falling in love. May be it is painful and hurt but you know, every Falling-in-love stories are beautiful."

Chaeyeon said and Hyewon smiles. She pads her friend's back as a thank you.

" I'm going."

" Bye."

Hyewon rushes out from that place and runs to her car. She ignores Yuri and Yena's curious calling. She knows Chaeyeon will say something cover-up for her. She checks her watch and it is almost 6PM. And the bar will be opened soon. She needs to find that girl and tells her something before she goes crazy.

At that time, Eunbi is already at the bar. She is changing her clothes for her duty as a waitress. She finalizes her change with the small apron on her waist and she comes out from the room to start the work.

The bar becomes crowded not long after it is opened. She has to go to and fro, taking orders and bringing them to the tables. She is quiet lost in her work before someone grabs her arm and drags her out from the back door.

" What the hell are you doing? "

Eunbi yells and she jerks the hand with all her strength. And the person steps back a little, allowing Eunbi to see her face. Eunbi becomes surprised at first, then changed into anger when she realizes that the person is the annoying rude girl who kept showing up and messing her daily life. She rolls her eyes.

" What do you want? "

" I -"

Hyewon feels like she just lost all the words she had prepared in her head. She is staring at Eunbi's face with an opened mouth and says nothing. Eunbi sighs as she crosses her arms.

" If you say nothing, I'm going."

" Wait. Wait."

Hyewon stops her. She inhales and starts.

" Why are you working in a bar? "

" What? "

" Why are you working here? I mean, you can earn money from anywhere. But why here? There are many drunk people around here. They do some funny things with you and give you money, right? "

" What the- NO! I'm not that kind of girl. I'm just a waitress. What are you thinking? "

Eunbi can't believe her ears. That girl is thinking that she is a hooker? NO way.

" If you are not, why are you working here? Is it money that important to you? "

Hyewon asks innocently and it hurts Eunbi.

" Who the hell are you to tell me where to work and where not to? "

" Because- Because you got my first kiss."

Hyewon whispers and Eunbi shakes her ehead.

" That's all? "

" Yes? "

" Listen. I don't care about your first kiss or whatever. I have to work here to earn money. I have no money. I am not educated from a good school like you. I even didn't finish high school. I can't get a good job easily. Here is the place I can make a lot to save for living. Rich people like you will never understand such struggles."

" Yes, I don't understand. I can give you a better job if you want. But you shouldn't work here anymore. I saw how men look at you with their eyes on fire."

" Shut up! And please go. You don't understand me. You don't understand my life. You rich people are always like this. Controlling others' live s for your fun? That's humiliation."

Hyewon is also furious as she puts her hands on her waist, blowing out hot air from her breathe.

" So, you keep working here? "

" Yes."

" Fine. I'll come back. This is not over. We are not over yet."

And she leaves the waitress girl alone. Eunbi covers her face with her palms and inhales slowly to calm herself down. Don't cry. Don't cy, Eunbi. She is talking to herself.

That girl keeps finding her and doing her life upside down and Eunbi doesn't know what she really wants or why she keeps coming to her. But she is reallly an expert at hurting Eunbi. She sighs and shakes herself, entering the bar back as she has to work.

Hyewon who is now in the car is hitting the steering wheel in anger. Why? Why that girl doesn't listen to her? She thinks she had seen the nameplate on her shirt, which says Kwon Eunbi. She doen't know why Kwon Eunbi is that much into money.

But at least, she knows that she is not a callgirl. But she still doesn't want her to work here. I will come back for you, Kown Eunbi. She thinks before she drives the car away.

 

 

 

xxx.                                      xxx                                             xxx

 

 

 

 

" Chaeng, here. You have to take a look into it." 

Tzuyu puts the files on the table. Chaeyoung stops reading the files in her hand and she turns her chair to Tzuyu and she leans closer to her best friend's side.

" I found that there were strange money transfer from Paradise 12 years ago. Exactly after 4months of the case. Here."

Tzuyu points on the file.

" And I found out that it was sent to a guy named Yoo Kyungho."

" Yoo Kyungho."

" Yes. He's a farmer at a village near Seoul. That's why it was strange. There is no way of Paradise sent a lot of money to a random villager."

" I got it. Do you have the current address of him? "

" Of course, my friend. Here."

Chaeyoung takes the paper in Tzuyu's hand and flahses her smile which shows her dimple on her right cheek. She grabs her things and puts them in her bag, wears her blazer and stands up to go to the direction.

* Knock Knock*

" Come in."

Chaeyoung is surprised to see Mina Myoui at the door. She quickly smiles at her and bows.

" Mina-sshi, what brings you her? "

" I was going near by and I remembered that your office is here. So, I decided to make a visit."

" Ah, nae. But I'm going to go somewhere to find clues."

" Really? Can I come, too? "

" Nae? "

Mina asks innocently and Chaeyoung loses her words for the first time in her lawyer life. How she can say no? Tzuyu raises her eyebrow and gives her a smirk. Chaeyoung shows her fist before she follows Mina who has already outside the office.

Fianlly, they both are in Chaeyoung's car and they drive to the place according to the address that Tzuyu gave her. Chaeyoung explains why they are going there on the way and Mina becomes active as she feels like she is a step closer to the justice.

Little Tzuyu knows, the village is hard to reach. Chaeyoung has to drive around for two straight hours to search and reach to the main road of the village on which no car can pass because of the rocks. They have to walk.

" Are you ok? "

" Yes, I am."

Mina answers but Chaeyoung knows that the girl is not ok. She is struggling to walk with her heels.

" Hold me. It's a rocky road. You will fall down."

" Thank you."

Mina shyly answers and she links her arms with Chaeyoung. Lucky to them, the way is not too long. They can see small houses in front after walking about twenty minutes. They walk to the only man who is sitting in front of the door and ask.

" Hello, mister. I'm looking for a man called Yoo Kyungho."

" Kyungho? "

The man looked at them with suspicious eyes. Chaeyoung smiles and she answers.

" I'm from bank. I came here to ask him a few questions about insurance."

" Ok. His house is at the outermost of the village over there. But he's not here. Only his mother lives."

" Thank you."

They walk to the small house he pointed. It's already dark and the sun is about to set. They have to hurry.

" Anyone's home? "

Chaeyoung shouts in front of the house. And an old lady comes out from the house with a pot in her hand.

" What can I help you, young ladies? "

" We are looking for your son, Yoo Kyungho-sshi."

" He's not here. He went to Seoul last month. Wanna come in? "

She offers and Chaeyoung and Mina look at each other, signaling what to do. And then, they agree to enter the house as Chaeyoung has a few questions about Yoo Kyungho guy. They follow the old lady and she was preparing for dinner. They both feel sorry and about to get back when the woman stops them.

" You don't have to go. You can join me if you want. I hate eating alone."

" Ummm, nae, halmoniee."

Chaeyoung said and she quickly takes her seat in front of the old lady. The old lady seems happpy as she is giggling and she gives Chaeyoung two bowls of rice. Chaeyoung takes it with a cute smile saying Thank you and gives one to Mina who is in total shock what Chaeyoung is doing.

" Come, Mina-sshi. It's delicious. Try some."

She said while she takes a spoonful of soup and kimchi. The old lady is happily chatting with Chaeyoung and Mina is just looking at the lawyer girl who is now totally different from the usual self of straight face and cold voice. She is giggling, talking alot while eating, and Mina notices the beautiful dimple on her right cheek which appears everytime the strawberry like lips curl up. Wow, she thinks she is seeing the different Son Chaeyoung today.

The dinner went well with Chaeyoung eating a lot, and Mina eating like a spoilt kid. The grandma is complainting of how Mina is not eating and the only thing she can reply is a smile. Finally, they sit in the small living room of the house and the grandma cames back with a piles of photos in her hand.

" You are looking for Kyungho, right? He was a very good kid. My son, he was a nice and kind man before he met his new friends. He changed and he was never like before. He left the house for months and come back after that. He even had a lot of money with him. I knew he is not up to good things and I also know that you girls are the police. Are you going to arrest him? "

" Actually, I'm a lawyer. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you earlier. And we are not here to arrest him. I think he is an important witness in our case so I need to find him."

" It's fine. I only want to say one thing. Please bring my son back. I know he keeps making mistakes. He needs to be stopped. Please bring him back to me."

The old woman said and she gives them a photo.

" This is my Kyungho. "

They saw an old photo of a man who is in his 30. His hair is long and he has an ugly scar on his left cheek.

" Can I take this photo? "

" You can. I know you are a good kid. Please help me. Please bring my son back to me."

The grandma said with teary eyes while she grabs both Chaeyoung's hands.

" Nae, I will try my best, Halmoniee,"

Chaeyoung answers with a firm tone while she holds the old woman's hands back. And they said goodbye to the grandma and about to go back to their car. But the grandma stops them.

" You will have to walk for 30minutes to reach your car. It's almost 10PM. You should sleep here."

" Nae? "

" It's fine. We are going now."

" But your girl is hurting her legs. I have a spare room. Don't worry."

Chaeyoung looks at Mina with worries in her eyes. Mina tries to smiles and she said it's okay but Chaeyoung notices that Mina is limping on her leg so she decides.

" We are staying here tonight. Thank you for your kindness, Halmoniee."

" You are welcome, cutiepies."

She takes them to the spare room of the house. It is an old fshion way of house so there is no bed. Grandma beings blankets and pillows and they make the bed on the floor. Both Mina and Chaeyoung are sitting at the opposite corners of the room with the bed in the middle but the room is not too big so they are not far away from each other.

Mina is messaging her foot while taking secret glances at Chaeyoung who is now already removed her blazer and ready to sleep. But Mina's eyes widen when she sees Chaeyoung pulls a pillow and about to sleep at the door.

" What are you doing? Come here and sleep."

" It's fine. You just sleep. I'm okay here."

" It's not. Your back will hurt. If you don't come, I won't sleep either."

Mina said and Chaeyoung sighs as she knows that she has lost the girl at arguemeent. She walks to the bed while hugging her pillow and she lies down at the edge of the blanket. Mina also lies down on the other side. They are now facing back to each other but none of them are asleep as both are lost in their own thoughts.

" Are you asleep, Chaeyoung-sshi? "

" Not yet."

" You looked different today. I mean, you looked so free and kind."

And I find it cute. You looked like an innocent kid. I want to poke that little dimple of yours. Mina thought in her head. Chaeyoung chuckles.

" I knew she is lonely. I found hope in her eyes while we are talking. I found happiness in her eyes while we were eating. I just wanted to make her day better. You can see how lonely she is. Plus, she made me remembered my late grandmother."

" I got it."

MIna said. She finds out that Chaeyoung is not only a serious talented person but also a kind and funny girl who can be cute at the same time.

" Do you think we came here for nothing? "

" No, at least, you helped halmoniee. And we have her son's photo."

" Glad you think that way."

Chaeyoung says in relief. She was super worried of Mina blaming her for everything. The silence takes place in the room again and Chaeyoung can even hear Mina's breathing. The breathe becomes slower and slower and she thinks MIna has fallen asleep at last. She turns around to see Mina's side profile not many inches away from her.

Chaeyoung is amazed by the Sleeping Beauty. Her facial features, her jawlines, her cheekbones, oh, she has many moles on her face. Chaeyoung is secretly and closely examining Mina while lying on her side. Ha, there is a more prominent mole on her nose bridge which makes her more attractive, and which Chaeyoung likes most about Mina.

And she smiles to herself. It is really worth to come. She thinks and closes her eyes to join the gorgeous beside her to dreamland.