Chapter 22

The Pleiades

This is the first day of Irene's new movie's shooting. She has been working the whole morning and it has been almost noon but the director doesn't say about shooting break yet.

They are having the outdoor scene in the park and the weather is too hot. Irene becomes tired as well as hungry but she needs to focus on her work so she just smiles and continue her acting.

" Irene-ah, what's wrong with your face? I want a pure smile. Shall we try again? "

Damn, here we go again. And Irene has to do the scene for one more hour till the director gets what he wants. He watches the monitor and rechecks the scene he has taken. Then he smiles and shouts "Lunch break" making Irene sighs in relieved.

Wendy immediately runs to her and cools her with the mini-fan while she is offering the water bottle to the actress. Irene smiles in Thank-you way and they walk to the chair that Wendy placed under a shady big tree.

" Ahh, the weather is too hot. I can't believe that I am working under bright sunlight."

" Unnie, what do you want? Tell me and I will go buy."

" Really? "

Irene opens her lunchbox that the shooting manager gave her. It must be too delicious or Irene is too hungry. This is the best shooting food that she has eaten for her entire career.

Irene thinks for a few seconds and she smiles widely, using some ageyo.

" Can I eat some ice-cream? "

" Ice-cream again? "

" Yeah. Go buy please~"

" Arosso. Arasso. Just call Yeri over there if you need something. I won't take too long."

" Ok."

Wenday walks to Irene's make-up artist, Yeri and she is telling her to take care of Irene. Huh, she is acting like I am a kid or a trouble maker. She shakes her head and continues eating her lunch.

At that time, a truck drives in the shooting area and it stops. Irene takes a glance as she is curious of who gets the coffee truck gift but she can't see the banner on the truck.

" Hmmm, we don't have a K-pop idol here. Who gets this truck? "

While she is thinking, a group of stuffs pass by her. When they see Irene, they bow and say thank you making Irene dumbfounded.

" Irene-ah, it's delicious. Thank you."

Her jaw drops when the Director raises his hand and shouts to her. Is something wrong? Irene blinks for a few times as she is trying to get the situation.

" Unnie, I think that coffee truck is yours."

" Me? "

Irene wonders who sent this? Mina? Chorong? But they will not know the location. I haven't told them about where I will film today. So, who sent this?

" Yeri-ah, let's go see who sent this."

" Nae."

Irene takes Yeri and they walk to the coffee track to see who is the secret sender.

" Oh, do you want coffee? Here."

Irene's eyes become wide when she hears the familiar voice. Well, it is the voice she has been missing for days. No, no, I mean weeks. It has been 2 weeks and 3 days in total to be exact.

" Yah! What are you doing here? "

Irene said with a firm tone as she wants to hide her happiness. She can't let her to see it. Kang Seulgi jumps down on the truck and she smiles with her gummy bear warm smile like always.

" Supporting you."

Seulgi proudly shows the banner she has made. Irene pretends to frown but she feels like blooming flowers in her chest.

" Do you have time? "

" What? "

" Let's go somewhere private."

Seulgi said and she starts pulling Irene. Irene doesn't know how to react so she just let the younger girl to pull her.

" Unnie, where are you going? Oh, Seulgi-ah."

Wendy who has come back from the mart asks them when she sees them. She is staring at their hands but Seulgi doesn't let go of Irene.

" I'm stealing your unnie for a few minutes. Cover for her. Ok? "

" What about the ice-cream? "

" Eat yourself."

Irene said and she lets Seulgi pulling her to her car. They both enter the car and Seulgi drives it to other side of the park. They stop the car under a shady place. Irene feels her heart is throbbing fast like a teenager already.

" Why you want to see me in private? "

Irene pretends like she doesn't care and asks. Seulgi looks at her and she tilts her head a little.

" Hmmm, I thought you missed me."

" No, why would I? "

Irene is playing her hair and Seulgi turns to other side to hide her smile.

" Really? Then, don't get this bear."

She said while taking a brown bear plushy from the backseat. Irene squeezes as it is so cute. She tries to get it from Seulgi but the younger girl takes it away from her.

" You said you didn't miss me."

" I was lying. Of course, I miss you."

Irene said and Seulgi laughs. She gives the bear to Irene and the later hugs it.

" Do you like it? "

" Yes. But why bear? "

" Hmmm, Sunmi unnie said I look like a bear so- "

" Sunmi again."

Irene frowns and she truns to other side in anger. Seulgi laughs as she can say that Irene is jealous with Sunmi.

" Wae? She is a very good friend of mine."

" I don't care."

" Joohyun unnie, look at me."

Seulgi said and she slowly turns Irene to her. The older girl is pouting while her hands are busy with playing the bear's hands.

" Listen. You don't have to be worried for me with others. And you should tell me if you are jealous."

" I am not!!! "

" Really? I don't think so."

Seulgi is teasing her and Irene is blushing. Seulgi smiles and she starts the engine as she needs to take Irene back to her shooting.

" Seulgi-ah."

" Hmmm? Oop."

Seulgi turns to Irene but she was sealed into a kiss by the actress. Irene is grabbing her face and she depends the kiss, Seulgi closes her eyes and returns the kiss.

" You have been too naughty, haven't you? "

This is the first time Irene does a make out section for minutes. And this is the first time for her to be hugged by a person for too long. But she doesn't mind at all.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                  xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" Are you really going back? "

Sakura smiles weakly. She sighs and looks up Yuri and Yena. They are now in the airport as Sakura is going back to Japan today.

" She doesn't want me, Yena. There is no reason for me to stay here."

" But- "

" She made her choice already. There is nothing I can do."

Sakura whispers. Yena sighs as she feels sorry for the Japanese girl. This is part of her fault.

" Did you tell her that you will leave today? "

" No, I just want to leave quietly. Can you please tell her that I said goodbye."

" I will."

Sakura sighs. She checks the time and notices that it is about the flight time.

" I'm going in. Come visit me if you have time."

" We will."

Sakura hugs both Yuri and Yena and she said her final goodbye to them. And she walks into the line to get on the plane. She turns back to the airport and hopes that Chaeyeon will run to her and stop her. But huge part of her heart is telling her that it will never happen. I should be selfish, right?

 

 

Flashback

 

Sakura walks into the cafe and she looks around, spotting a person she has made an agreement. Minju waves her hand and smiles at her when she sees Sakura entering. Sakura smiles back and she sits in front of the girl.

" Hello."

" Hello, Minju-sshi. You may wonder why I called you to meet."

Sakura starts. Minju is only smiling and she is listening to what Sakura has to say. Sakura sighs and she tries to smile again.

" Well, let me get to the point directly. I was Jjaeyeon's ex."

Minju seems a little surprised and she looks up at Sakura. Sakura is staring at her and she continues.

" We were in love so madly. She loved me a lot and I loved her too."

" That's the past. Now, I am- "

" Wait, let me finish it first."

Sakura stops MInju. They have to wait for a few seconds as the waiter is taking water for them. Sakura said they will order later and he walks away from there. Sakura continues.

" I made a mistake. My father forced me to study in Japan and I had to transferred. I told her to forget me as I thought I would never come back. But I realised that it was the worst mistake I had ever made in my life so I decided to come back here."

Minju feels confused as she doesn't understand why Sakura is telling her about their past.

" Jjaeyeon loves me a lot and it hurt her too much when I left her. And Yena and Yuri didn't want to see her in that condition. So they made a bet with her."

" A bet? "

" Yes, a bet. They made a bet about Jjaeyeon making you fall in love with her."

" What? "

Minju is shocked by the Information she has just received. She shakes her head and laughs in disbelief.

" It can't be. You are lying, right? "

Sakura holds Minju's hand.

" I know it is hard for you but it is the truth. Jjaeyeon does't love you. She only did this because she wanted to win the bet. I'm sorry, Minju-sshi. If I came back earlier, none of this will happen."

Minju is lowering her head and Sakura wonders if she is crying or not.

" I didn't want to tell you but I think it will be unfair to you if we continue take this. Jjaeyeon doesn't love you and she will never love you as I am the only one she loves, for now and forever."

Minju sighs and she takes the water glass from the table and drinks it. Sakura can see that her hand is shaking while drinking. She waits for Minju till she can finally calm herself down. 

" Thank you, Sakura-sshi, for telling me."

" It's ok. I told you because I think you should know about the truth. I feel sorry for you. "

Minju nods while Sakura gives a squeeze to her hand in a supporting way.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Sakura takes her seat on the plane and she looks outside by the window. She stares through it as the ground becomes far away and the plane reaches between the clouds. She knows that it will be the last time for her in South Korea. She doesn't know when she has a chance to meet Chaeyeon again.

You can say I am selfish, you can say I am a bad person, but I love Jjaeyeon. If I can't get her, I will make sure that no one will get her too. This is my rule of love. 

She notices that a tear is falling on her face, but she doesn't bother to wipe it off. 

 

 

 

xxx                        xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

 

" Thank you, Lawyer Son."

" Nae, it's my job to protect you."

" No, I'm really appreciated for your help. Let me take you for lunch."

The client says and Chaeyoung shakes her head and smiles in apologetic way.

" I'm sorry. I have another appointment so I have to go."

" Ok. Call me if you have time."

" Nae."

She hand shakes with the client and walks back to her car. It is the last day of her trial and she won the case so the client is very thankful to her. She checks the papers for the next case in her car and she decides to look them after she has reached at the office.

These days, she has been working a lot so that she will not think about Mina Myoui. She has to fillled her head with something so that she will forget about her. And she will not feel hurt because of her. Chaeyoung never goes back to Mina after the fire incidence. But she asked Dahyun to take care of Mina more.

She drives back to her office and the members are already waiting for her at there. When she announces that they won today, the crews are cheering in happiness. Then they start working for another case as they really have no time for celebration. Chaeyoung doesn't know how much time has gone by but it has been 8PM after they have finished the paper works for the case.

" Ahh, I'm too tired. Let's go home."

" Yeah, let's stop for today."

" You guys go ahead, I want to finish them first."

Chaeyoung said and her members go back except for Tzuyu. Chaeyoung looks at her and Tzuyu crosses her arms.

" Son Chaeyoung, you are not totally ok. Until when you will hurt yourself in this way? Working too much is not the way of solving problems."

" Chingu-ah, I need to work so that my brain will not have a chance to think about her."

" But Chaeng, you should really do something about this. You can't stay like this forever."

" Arasso. Now, go back home or your mama will call me and ask me where you are."

Chaeyoung teases and Tzuyu frowns. She takes her things and leaves the office. Chaeyoung sighs and she continues working. At that time, she hears the door open sound and shakes her head and she knows Tzuyu has forgotten somethings.

" What did you forget this time? Your car key? "

" Chaeyoung-ah."

Chaeyoung stops her fingers on the keyboard. She doesn't dare to look up the person as she knows who she is. What if she has not enough strength to talk to her as cool as she should be? She bites her lip in secret and she takes a deep breathe before she looks up at the woman in front of her.

" What are you doing here? What do you want? "

" Why are you so hostile? I only have a few words for you."

" Do we have anything left to talk? "

Chaeyoung asks back coldly and it makes Mina heart broken. Does she really need to act this way?

" Chaeyoung-ah, I am serious. You should not stay here late. Or sleep here at nights. It is dangerous for you."

Mina said and Chaeyoung is just laughing. Mina bites her lip as she is angry with the short girl.

" Why are you laughing? I am seriously worried for you. And I- "

" Wait, Mina-sshi, I don't think you have no right to talk to me like this. We have no relation anymore. You are not my client. And you can't tell me what to do or what not to do."

" Son Chaeyoung, you have no idea what is happening."

" I don't want to know. And I don't care either."

Chaeyoung said and Mina doesn't know what to say anymore. 

" Yah, Son Chaeyoung, you don't understand how far it has been going. I am seriously worried for you. Listen to me. Will ya? "

Mina said and Chaeyoung stands up from her seat. She walks to Mina , grabs Mina by her shoulders and the taller girl feels like her whole body is stiff due to the touch.

But Chaeyoung pushes her to the door and she throws Mina out of the office.

" I know what I am doing. Please leave. And don't try to involve in my life anymore."

Chaeyoung said and she closes the door. She rests her forehead on the door as her fake action has been broken already. Ahh, why you have to appear in front of me? this is really painful. 

Mina is also standing right in front of the office. She wants to open the door and talk to the Lawyer girl again but she knows Chaeyoung will not listen to her.

Why you have to be so stubborn, Chaeng? I am really worried for you. What should I do to make you believe me and listen to me? What if you are hurt?

Ah, I'm going crazy. Mina thinks.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon is having a meeting with her team. They have been busy for three days for the mission and they are now in the middle of the hunt for the Drug seller gang. After they have made plans for their another targets, they decide to take a break and walk out to go and eat.

Jihyo remembers something and she asks her fellow member.

" Jeongyeon-ah, what about the witness girl at your house? Does she say she wants to go back home or something? "

" No, she said she will help us till the end."

" So nice of her."

" Or may be she is into you."

Her friends start teasing her and Jeongyeon's face turns red.

" Yah, stop saying nonsense. We are just Police and Witness relation."

" really? Then what is she doing here? "

" What?! "

Jeongyeon widens her eyes and she looks at the direction where Jisoo points. And there is Im Nayeon, sitting on the bench with huge basket beside her. Jeongyeon runs to her immediately.

" Yah, what are you doing here? "

" Yoo Jeongyeon!!! You are here. I was worried that you are out for mission. Lucky to me."

Nayeon said with her smirk and she shows the basket she has taken.

" I made dinner for everyone. I want to send it to you."

" Aigoo, you are so nice, Nayeon-sshi."

Jihyo and the fellow members walk to them and Nayeon bows them as a greeting. They go to the canteen and prepare to eat the food Nayeon has taken for all of them. 

" Wahhh, you have made a lot of food."

" Yes, she is the best chef in Italy. You are so lucky to have a taste of her cook."

" Geez, Yoo Jeongyeon, you sounded so much alike to her proud girlfriend."

" What are you talking!!!!! "

Ther friends are teasing them  and they both are blushing hard. But Jeongyeon is really happy as Nayeon follows her and made food for her. It feels like the wife has brought food for her husband and his friends at work. Hahaha, I'm silly. I am thinking funny things. Jeongyeon is thinking herself and grinning widely.

Nayeon spends some time with them and Jeongyeon decides that she has to go home before it is getting late. The others said goodbye to them and Jeongyeon walks with Nayeon to send her back.

" Yah, why you came? It is too dangerous. You know? "

" But it has been three days you have not come back. And I wanted to see you. See, I am wearing a mask and hat. No one will notice me."

" LOL It will make you more obvious here."

Jeongyeon said while she makes a fake frowns. Nayeon pouts as she gets scolded by the younger girl. Jeongyeon is carrying the basket with her hand so she can't tease the bunny girl by ruffling her hair though she wants to do it badly.

" Yoo Jeongyeon."

" Hmm? "

" Be careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

" Arasso."

Jeongyeon stops a taxi and she puts Nayeon and the basket inside.

" I want to drive you home but I can't. I have to go to somewhere tonight."

" I understand. Don't worry."

" Imm, send me a message when you reach home."

" Ok, bye."

" Bye."

The taxi drives away and Nayeon comes out her upper body from the car window and waves at Jeongyeon with her bunny like cheerful smile. Jeongyeon smiles widely as she is watching the girl and she turns around to get inside.

" Ahh, Aish, what are you doing here? "

She shouts at her two partners, Jisoo and Rose who are standing close to her.

" We are doing some investigation on your heart mission."

" Excuse me? "

" According to our research and data, we are sure that the witness girl is super nice to you. It is more than the normal relation of Police and Witness."

" Yes, Yoo Jeongyeon. Stop being stupid and look carefully. That girl is too good for you."

They said and Jeongyeon pushes them away while she makes her way back into the Head Quarter.

" Don't try to make prank on me."

" Yah, we are serious."

" Yep, you should listen to us."

" Molla. Molla."

" Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon."

The three detectives go back into the station. Jeongyeon keeps checking her phone during the rest of the meeting as she is wating for the message from Nayeon. She is so much worried for her. What if something bad happened to her on her way? 

* Beep Beep *

" Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon, I'm home."

Jeongyeon smiles at the sms and the photo Nayeon has sent to her. She smiles at the cuteness of the girl and puts the phone back to her pocket.

At that time, there is a car at the other side of the road which is stopped in the dark in front of their apartment. And there is someone inside. He has been following Nayeon since she was coming out from the Head Quarter. He waits till Nayeon goes up the apartment and he starts dialling to someone.

" Hello? "

" Hello, Mr.Viper. I found the girl."

The man on the other line smirks.

" Oh, really? Keep an eye on her. Report me if she is out next time. I'll tell you when it is the time."

" Nae, Mr.Viper. Thank you."

Viper ends the call and dials to his Boss.

" Boss, the eye witness girl is located. When will I have to get her? "

" When you have a chance, as soon as possible."

" Nae, Thank you, Boss."

Choi Minho ends the call and he resumes drinking the whisky in his hand. He has had enough problems. There is no drama needed. After I have taken care of the drug case, I will end the Kwon sisters. I need to make a quick move before they can get me. He thinks.