Intro

The Pleiades

It is a beautiful morning of April, the sun is shining brightly, the sky is blue with no clouds, everything is perfect in its own way. The breeze is running along the roads of Seoul, greeting everyone on his way, poking their cheeks and showing the silliness of summmer. The streets are crowded with people from different classes, struggling with their daily lives, totally forgetting about the heat.

It has been 12 years since everything has changed. This is the day she has been waiting for. She can't mess up.

Chorong is waiting for her turn excitingly in the waiting room, looking outside by the big glass window and lost in her own thought. She looks around the room and there are not many people left. "Paradise" is a famous advertisement company and there are many people who want to work for it. Today, the company called an interview for two posts in their frontline team, one post for male, one for female.

It seems the interviewers are too strict. They refuse every single one since morning and no one is lucky yet. Chorong takes out her phone and check the time, oh, it is almost noon. At that time, the door opens and a lady comes out.

" No.124, Park Chorong."

" Nae."

Chorong stands up, taking the files beside her. A man in around 30, came out of the room and gives her a weak smile.

" I was taken. Good luck."

He murmurs and Chorong gives him a smile back. Huuu. Finally, they are taking someone in. 

She takes a deep breath and enters the room. There are five people in the room, sitting at the table and looking at her direction. One of them points at the chair in front of them and tells her to sit. Chorong greets them and sits down, putting the files on her thighs.

" We have no question here. Make an advertisement about yourself. If we like, we will take you in. You have five minutes."

Ahh, that is. Chorong closes her eyes and thinks for a second. C'm on. It has to be epic. I can't fail. I can't fail to father. I can't fail to them.

" You can start now, Park Chorong-sshi."

Chorong stands up and she makes a smile. She takes out the papers in her file, puts them on the table and starts her presentation.

" It is summer. We need something fresh."

She starts.

" Are you bored at work? Are you tired of quiet workplace? Are you looking for something fresh and new? Here is Park Chorong."

She puts her hands on her waist like a superhero pose and continues.

" The new and fresh employee who is full with energy and passion. She is full with new ideas and creations which will bring you all to new victory. Plus she will go and bring your coffee too."

She then grabs the papers on the table.

" She is graduated from Seoul No.1 University with the advertisement major. She has many recommendations from her professors. Although she has no experiences yet, she is sure she will learn and prove herself that she is worth for the job here. So, what are you waiting for? Don't let the chance to have a great employee to fly away. Take her now and finish your boring interview. She knows you all are hungry."

Chorong finishes her presentation and waits for the response. The five people are sitting with poker face, but a laugh breaks the silence. There Is a lady, with golden curly hair, wearing red lipstick, in her around 27 or younger, looking at Chorong with an amuse look. She is clapping and nodding.

" I like it. I like it. She rocks the stage. Huh? Plus, she is right. I'm already hungry."

She said as she is closing the file in front of her. The man in the middle shoves his shoulder and nods.

" This is your team. If you say Yes, we have to agree."

" So, am I selected?"

Chorong asks and the lady stands up. She gives her a smile and extends her arm for a handshake.

" Yes, you are. Welcome to the team, Park Chorong-sshi. I am your team manager, Yoon Bomi."

" Nae. Please take care of me in the future."

Chorong gives a bow and walks fast out of the room. The secretary is now telling the others to go home as the interview is over. Chorong gives a smile and bows her as she comes out of the place. She enters the elevator and calls her sister.

" Umm? Why she doesn't pick up? I want to tell her the good news. We are a step closer to our goal."

She murmurs and puts her phone in her bag again as the elevator door is opened.

 

 

 

xxx                                                                                           xxx                                                                                       xxx

 

" Yah! Where do you think you are going? Stop!!! "

Jeongyeon shouts at the man in front of her who is about to run. She is on a mission and she is about to arrest one of the suspects.

* Ring Ring Ring *

At that time, her phone rings and she takes a quick peek at it. Oh, it is from her sister, Chorong. Why she is calling? Is there an emergency? 

" Yah!! Don't run!!! "

While she is distracted by the phone call, the man takes the chance and starts to run away. Jeongyeon runs after him, shouting STOP.

" Sorry. Police case!! Out of my way!!! "

She bumps into many people but she can't lose the man. It is obvious that he has to do something with the case as he ran away. She has to take him. He runs into the narrow streets and unlucky to him, it is a dead end. He has nowhere to run. Jeongyeon stops running and takes a rest while putting her hands on her knees taking deep breaths.

" Yah! Stop now. You have nowhere to run."

" Why are you chasing after me? "

" I know you are a close friend of Viper, right? "

" I- I- I don't know. I don't know him!!! "

" Shut the *** up. "

Jeongyeon takes out the handcuffs and moves closer to him. He shouts something and tries to push her away and runs. But Jeongyeon Is faster enough to makes a move. She takes a step to side and extends her leg, making him fall on ground. Then, she puts her knee on his back, making sure that he can't move and puts the handcuffs on him.

" You can't run away from me, stupid."

She said with a smirk. She then pulls up the man and drags him to the car. She opens the door and pushes him inside. While she is about to enter the car, someone calls her.

" Excuse me."

Jeongyeom turns around and she finds a tiny girl with bang, wearing glasses and carrying a big backpack, standing beside a bicycle and greeting her with a bright smile.

" You dropped your phone while runnnig. So, I am waiting for you. Here."

" Ah, thank you."

Jeongyeon said, blaming herself for her clumsiness in her mind. She takes the phone from the girl and remembers that she has to call Chorong back. What is the emergency?

 

 

 

xxx                                                                                                 xxx                                                                                            xxx

 

 

 

" Sorry! Police case!! Out of my way!!! "

Eunji hears the shout, followed by a bump into her. It seems that the police is playing her Cat and Mouse game. She thinks and she is  about to continue her walk when she notices a phone on the road. She picks it up and presses the power buttton, seeing the wallpaper of a group of police officers. Ah, so it is the police's phone. It may contain something important for her.

Eunji thinks and she decides to give it back to her. She slowly rides her bicycle till she found a car with the police siren on its roof. She stops the bicycle and waits for a few minutes and there she is, coming back with the man she was chasing. Our Korean Police are so great. We are safe because of them. She thinks.

The police is about to enter the car so she has to stop her.

" You dropped your phone while runnnig. So, I am waiting for you. Here."

" Ah, thank you."

Eunji gives a bow and she rides away from them. It is her first day of working in Hanshin Hospital which is one of the greatest hospital in Seoul. It has been her dream since her childhood. Well, her dad like the doctors' profession. And he always wanted one of them to become a doctor.

She smiles widely thinking about her father. She is sure that he is proud for her. She made great decisions.

She was left 12 years ago but she never gave up. She found a new family who love her as their real chid. They make her that she grew up well. And they even let her follow her dream in Seoul. She believes good things will happen if they think positive.

She finally reaches the hospital and parks her bicycle in the parking. She enters the great hall of the entry and asks the reception where she has to go. At that time, she notices a group of people, doing something. Umm? They are making a shooting in a hospital? Eunji thinks and she goes near by, trying to take a peek who are the actor and actress.

" Are you the new doctor?"

But someone greets her and Eunji greets back.

" Yes, I am. My name is Jung Eunji."

" My name is Lee Jieun. And I am new one too. I heard that we have to gather at 5th floor before they give us our ward rosters. Here is your duty coat. Shall we go together? "

" Of course! Let's go!! "

Eunji said cheerfully while wearing her duty coat. Yes. She is always full of energy and hopes. Hopes that she can have a better life. Hopes that one day, she will find her lost sisters.

 

 

 

xxx                                                                                                   xxx                                                                                            xxx

 

 

" Oppa! "

" Heejin-ah, how do you know that I am here? "

" it doesn't matter. Now I found you like I always do."

The girl said while looking at the man in hospital pajamas with tears eyes. And she runs to him, hugging him tight. Both of them are crying and hugging tight, representing the great love between them.

" Cut! "

The director shouts and Irene quickly removes herself from the actor's grip, giving a frown at him as he is hugging her too much. This is the last scene. Don't say anything, Joohyun. She said to herself, walking away quickly.

" Wendy!!! "

She calls for her manager and the girl runs to her with everything she needs in her hand. 

" What do you want to do, unnie? "

" I am tired."

Irene said and Wendy nods while she gives her the water bottle, while putting a mini-fan and cooling her down. Irene walks to the director and asks,

" Mr.Director, how's it? "

" Oh, it's perfect, Irene-ah. You really are a monster in acting."

Irene nods.

" I know I am. So, can I go now? I am tired."

" We have a party tonight. Let's go together."

" Nah, Mr.direcor. I'm not interested. "

She said and walks out of the shooting.

" What a !"

She hears someone says that but she decides to ignore. Wendy runs after her with her things.

" Unnie, wait for me."

They enter their car and Wendy starts driving. Irene leans on the back and closes her eyes. Wendy plays some music as she knows that Irene likes to listen to music when she became mad because of the actors, taking advantage on her. She really doesn't like men but she has to bare with them. This is her profession. No, it becomes her own way of searching.

It has been 12 years. She had a car accident and she was adopted by the car driver's family. Lucky to her, the man is a famous producer in film industry and he gives her a life she never imagines. He made her the lead actress for his films and she becomes a rookie monster, then now a famous actress.

But she became an actress for her own reason. She believes that her sisters will see her on TV and recognize her. Or may be come and look for her one day. But the miracle day never comes and now, she has been stuck in this life.

" Unnie."

" What is it? "

" The boss wants you to accept a new movie."

" WHAT!!! I just finish one."

" Yes, but it is a melodrama and he believes that it will be a hit."

" Ah, what is he thinking?! "

" And starting from next week, you have your dance lesson daily. You can have one week off."

" Whatever."

Irene said while rolling her eyes. Well, one week off is not bad. She thinks. Huuu, being famous is not easy.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                                                                                          xxx                                                                                 xxx

 

 

 

" 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8... 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8..."

The music is filling in the room while Chaeyeon is dancing to it. She is closing her eyes and letting herself to flow along the music.

" 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8... 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8..."

" Appa!!! "

She called and ran across the road, seeing the photo of their father on TV. Why he is on TV?? How an 8 years old kid could think? No one can understand how it feels when you turned around and saw no sign of the sisters. No one will understand how scary it is to leave alone in big city. No one will understand how it feels to live in an orphanage house. No one will understand how it feels to be left  behind.

" 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8... 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8..."

She was lucky to be adopted by  a rich family who have no kid. She became Lee Chaeyeon and she had everything. But they are always busy and she was always left alone in the big house again. The only ones who could understand her were Dance and her.

" 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8... 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8..."

Yes. Her. She thought she was real. She thought she would never leave her. But everything was ruined when she left her. My life is a joke. A traggic joke. She thinks bitterly.

" 1 2 3 4... 5 6... Ahhh.."

She slips and falls on the floor. Her body is covered with sweat and she is breathing heavily.

" Why? "

She shouts and sits tiredly while leaning on the mirror. Why everyone is leaving me? Why they came in and left again? Why?

" Chaeyeon-ah, are you ok? "

" Oh, Ms.Kang. Yes. I'm fine."

" Don't force yourself too much. You are doing great. You are one of the best students I have ever had. Practice hard but know the time to rest."

The owner of the dance studio who is also her trainer said and Chaeyeon bows her. THe trainer nods with a smile and leaves her lone in the room. Chaeyeon sighs.

Ms.Kang is right. She should take a break but she can't. The only time she can forget about the past is dancing time. She has to dance. She has to lost in the music. 

She stands up and starts the music again. Her body starts to move along with the music.

" 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8... 1 2 3 4... 5 6 7 8..."

And she forgets everything for a while.

 

 

 

xxx                                                                                                 xxx                                                                                               xxx

 

 

 

" Hey, Eunbi. Go to room 5 for a few minutes."

" Umm, Manager. I am a waiter. Why I have to go in room? "

" They are asking for you. Just sing some songs with them. Yah, they will give you extra tips. You want money, right? Now, go in."

" Nae."

Eunbi takes off the apron and she enters room 5. A strong alcohol smell is greeting her. She sees 3 men sitting in the room. She smiles weakly at them and sits with them.

" Ahhh, finally. Here you are. We are looking for you but they said you are just a waitress."

" Yes, I am."

" C'm on. Sing with us."

The man said as he gives her a microphone. And he puts his arm around Eunbi's shoulder, making the poor girl froze at the spot.

" What are you doing? Sing."

" Nae."

The man doesn't stop. He tries to move closer to her making her really uncomfortable. Suddenly, he grabs Eunbi's thigh and this makes her jump from the sit.

" no."

" What?"

" No. I am not that girl. I am not."

" Huh, you want money? Huh, ? "

" Shut up."

Eunbi shouts and she runs out of the room. She runs To back and cries in front of the back exit. Why? Why they want to touch her? She deserves better.

" Yah, Kwon Eunbi. What's wrong with you? Are you out of your mind? "

The manager runs to her and he starts to scold her. 

" They are leaving. Damn, you are really a trash."

" No, manager. They tried to touch-"

" So what? You all want money, right? What's the problem? "

" But I am not-"

" Don't tell me you are not that kind of girl. I have seen many girls like you in my life. You all said blah blah blah but you all became the same. You have no value."

" I - "

" Just shut up. This Is your last warning. If it happens again. You are fired. Understand? "

He said and walks away from her. Eunbi sits on the floor, leaning on the wall and cries hardly. What she can do? What she can do more?

She doesn't finish any school. She lived on the streets and grew up on the streets. She did many jobs day and night to make money. The waiter at the night club is a good job for her. No place will her like here. She can't lose this job.

She sobs and wipes her tears. No, she can't give up. She have to survive. 

" Unnies, babies, where are you? Are you living well? "

She looks up the sky and sees the Pleiades shining in the sky.

" I believe one day we will meet again. I will live and wait for that day."

She whispers. And tears start to fall again on her face. Life is so cruel to her.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                                                                         xxx                                                                                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

" The flight is about to abroad. Please put on the seatbelts and turn off your phones."

Mina takes off her glasses and closes the iPad. She has been working on the plane for the whole flight. She looks outside by the window and her heartbeat skips. It has been 12 years since she has left Korea and it is the first time she has come back to the motherland.

It will have changed a lot. She smiles imagining the life she barely remembers. Well, it will be great changes in Busan too. Will it be easy to find them? Where are they?

" Mina Myoui."

She sees a girl holding a board with her name on it, written in Japan. She smiles and walks towards her. The girl is giving her a confuse look but she finally gets that Mina is Mina Myoui and she bows 90 degrees.

" It's nice to meet you, Miss. We have prepared everything for you."

" Thank you."

The girl said in Japan but Mina replies in Korean. 

" Wow. You speaks Korean fluently. I am impressed. My name is Kim Dahyun and I will be your assist here."

" Ok."

Mina laughs in her mind. Of course, I can speak Korean fluently. But, how can they know that a poor girl named Kwon Mina becomes Mina Myoui. How can they find out that the successor of the Japan's biggest bag company is the poor little girl who was left in the fire to die?

" Miss, I will take you to your new house."

" Thank you."

Mina said and she enters the car. She looks by the window and tries to recall the old Seoul she knows. But she only has been here for three times so she doesn't remember a thing. She grew up in Busan with her father and sisters.

Their father was murdred in front of them and they had to run for their lives. She was hiding in the house and left in the fire. But fortunately, her father's friend came in time and he saved her from the fire. He then took her to Japan and raised her there as he knew  the bad guys are still searching for them so he wanted to make sure that she is safe before she came back to Korea.

She sudddenly sees a big company from the window with a huge logo saying "Paradise" on the top of it. Huh? So, this is it? Wait for me. I will come for you.

" Miss, is it your first time in Seoul?"

She is snapped out of the thought by the question from her new assist.

" Ummm, yeah. May be."

" So, what do you want to do first? "

Mina sighs at the question. She ignores the question but answers it in her mind.

I will find my sisters and  take revenge. I swear to myself. They will have to pay for it.

 

 

A/N : Yeah, I know it is difficult to understand what is happening. Don't worry. I will explain details in next chapters. See ya, guys. And thanks for reading.