Chapter 8

The Pleiades

* Alarm clock ringing *

Eunji extends her arm and she is searching for her phone on the table which is ringing non-stop. She doesn't open her eyes but she stops the alarm like an expert and enjoys the final step of her sound step peacefully. She smiles widely as she is now very happy with her life.

She passed the final exam with good grades and she had a job at Hanshin hospital. She now has somewhere to live nearby to the hospital. The bonus is the beautiful owner of the house who will give her the best coffee to start the day every morning. Hehehe. She is grinning widely without opening her eyes.

And the most thankful thing is she could finally meet her lost sister. Well, she had five more to go but two is always better than one, right? She believes that Joohyun unnie is also willling to find the sisters as badly as she wanted. Talking about Joohyun unnie, Eunji is super curious of her becoming Bae Irene, the icon of South Korea. She keeps it as a note to ask Irene later.

I need to get up. She thinks and finally gets out from the bed. She does her moning routines and gets ready for her work. She picks up her bag and comes down the stairs. She sees Naeun at the counter while there is only one customer in the shop. Eunji smiles ar that customer who is looking straightly at her direction.

Well, she has been noticing that girl for a week already. She always come to the shop every morning. She is taking her cappuccino and reading a random book from the shelf at the corner table. When she meets her eyes with Eunji, she will give a smile. This is the usual thing for that girl. Eunji also notices that she is always alone, her face is full with loneliness or sadness, whatever.

Eunji shakes her head to stop her judgement to a stranger and she walks to the counter. Naeun hands her the coffee she had already made and Eunji thankfully takes it. 

" Aigooo, Eunji unnie. She is pretending her best to make you think she is nice."

Oh Hayoung who is one of the waitresses shouts and Naeun gives her a silent deadly glare. Eunji just laughs to the playful Hayoung and she replies.

" No, she really is an angel. She saved me from sleeping on the street." 

Naeun's face turns red but lucky to her, Eunji is busy choosing some breads, cookies and cakes.

" Naeunie, I want this, this, this and this. Can you make them as a parcel? "

" Are you eating at work? "

" No, it's for Irene."

Eunji said with a wide smile, making everyone surprised. Joy runs to her and asks.

" Irene? The Bae Irene? "

" Yes, she is... she is... umm... she is my patient. I want to take some for her. Ahahahah."

Eunji answers and Naeun's face changes suddenly. She puts everything Eunji points and gives them to Eunji. She doesn't say a thing but Eunji fails to notice her sudden anger. She gives her famous eyesmile and walks out from the shop. She is even singing a random song while going out.

Naeun sighs loudly and Yerin leans on the counter to check Naeun's face.

" Omo, look at our boss' face."

" OMG! Is she angry? "

" No, definitely, she is jealous!!! "

" LOL! Hahahahahahahahaha."

" Shut up or I will fire all three of you."

The three girls are laughing and teasing Naaeun. Naeun glares at them with a warning. THe girls doesn't care and they continue whispering making Naeun to stamp out of the room and go to upstairs.

Why she is so much caring about Bae Irene? She knows that everyone loves Bae Irene but she feels angry for Eunji being too nice to the actress. She totally doesn't like it.

She is now sitting on the bed and crossing her arms, cursing Bae Irene for nothing. The hospital has many doctors. Why my Eunji has to be her doctor? Wait, did I just say My Eunji?? Naeun is blushing by her own thoughts and she doesn't dare to go down as she knows the girls will definitely more for her red face.

At that time, the door is opened again and Chaeyoung enters the shop. She looks around and finds her sister but there is no sign of Son Naeun. She instead notices the girl at the cornre table and she is a little surprised. But she decides to walk to there and sits in front of her.

" Hello, Mina-sshi."

" Oh, Lawyer Son. Whar are you doing here? "

Chaeyoung raises her eyebrow and laughs.

" This is my sister's shop. I need to check on her weekly or more times if she is doing fine. What are you doing here by the way? "

" Ummmm... coffee? "

Mina answers unceainly and Chaeyoung remembers something.

" Wait, you said you were going nearby to my work on the day you visited my office. You were visitng here. Am I right? "

Mina finds it amazed at Chaeyoung's smart thoughts. She nods and Chaeyoung whispers.

" It is because of your sister, right? "

" Yeah."

Mina answers and Chaeyoung leans back on her chair comfortably. Joy walks to the table and she puts the strawberry milk for Chaeyoung as the lawyer doesn't like coffee.

" Strawberry milk?"

Mina said with a chuckles and Chaeyoung bites her lip in embarrassment.

" Yeah, I don't like coffee."

" You are such a kid."

Mina teases her and Chaeyoung's face becomes red. And so she quickly decides to change the subject.

" I was thinking of talking about it to you. When will you go and meet her? I mean what is the point of hiding from her? You did nothing wrong. You can go and see her, not stalk her instead."

" But I'm scared. What should I tell her? "

" Just go straight to her and say that you are Kwon Mina. Everything will be better, trust me."

Mina is thinking about it and she looks at Chaeyoung with a worried look.

" Are you free today? Can you take a day off? "

" Nae? "

" I'm scared to go alone. Can you come with me? "

Chaeyoung is surprised by the favour. But she remembers how Mina cried so hard when they visited her father's grave and she sighs. 

" Alright. I will come with you."

" Thank you."

" You are welcome."

Chaeyoung said and Mina smiles along with the younger girl.

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

 

" Haha. I'm a genius. What a lovely holiday for me!"

Irene is talking to herself while she is chewing her cookies which Eunji took for her while sitting on the windowbar, looking outside. She doesn't need to go to that stupid dance class.  She doesn't need to listen to her manager Wendy's lectures. She can lie down in the bed and sleep all day as she wants. Wow, I love hospital rest!!! She thinks.

Saying about the hospital, she is also glad that she made such a genius and beautiful trick which make her to reunite with her long lost babysister. She is really happy to see Eunji as a doctor. It is a nice work. She feels thankful that Eunji grows up so well. And she also wonders where the rest of the sisters are.

Sometimes, she even had stupid ideas of searching her sisters from media. But it will give alarm to the bad guys who murdered their father. What if they will find them and try to kill them? She can't risk their lives again so she just stayed quiet and waiting for the moments her sisters will come and find her. She believes that they will come one day.

* Knock Knock Knock *

At that time, she hears a knock on the door and she widens her eyes. Is that Wendy? No way! If she finds out that Irene is lying about her sickness, she will drag her out of the bed and throw her into the dance studio and make her dance non-stop. She jumps down from the window and throws herself into the bed.

! She quickly puts the cookies in her hand into and swallows them immediately while her hands are busy with pulling the blanket up over her body. At that time, the door is opened and a figure enters the room.

Irene closes her eyes, pretending to be aleep while the perosn is busy with the things she has taken. Irene takes a peek and she is surprised to see her dance teacher putting the flowers in the vase on the table. What is she doing here? 

" Oh, you are awake."

Kang Seulgi notices the sudden movement from Irene and she said. Irene clears and asks.

" What are you doing here? "

" Check on you if you are ok."

" I'm better."

Irene said. Seulgi looks at her face with a smile and then, change to a serious one. Irene gulps when Seulgi suddenly leans in her. Irene is surprised with the sudden gesture and she blinks non-stop as she doesn't know what the dancer is doing. Seulgi doesn't shift her gaze from Irene's face and she slowly raises her hand.

What is she doing? Irene thinks while her body becomes stiff all of a sudden. They are too close to each other. She can even feel Seulgi's breathe on her face. 

" Your mouth is dirty. Did you eat something in a rush? "

Seulgi said while she is wiping Irene's lip which is dirty with the cookies she just put into and swallowed. Irene feels the same electricity that she felt on the day while she was on Seulgi's back as soon as Seulgi touches her. What!?

Seulgi leans back to her original position and she resumes busy with the flowers she has brought.

" I don't know which flowers you like so I just bought lilies. They suit you, I think. And I bought some cakes too. You should eat sweet stuffs more while you are sick. Sweet things make us happy."

Seulgi is explaining carefully about the things she has brought but Irene is not really paying attention to her. She is spacing out in her own thoughts. Seulgi also notices that Irene is not normal.

" Hey, are you not feeling well? Your face is red and you are sweaty. Are you ok? Should I call a doctor? "

Seulgi asks while she is putting her palm on Irene's forehead to check the fever which sends the electricity again to the poor Irene.

" Fine! It's fine. I'm fine. I - I just want to sleep."

Irene jerks Seul's hand quicky and the later is taken aback. But Irene pulls the blanket over her head and she covers her whole body inside it to hide herself form Seulgi's sight.

Seulgi is confsued by Irene's behaviour but she doesn't say a thing. She just thinks that the girl is sick and she wants a rest. She nods and taps the shoulder of the girl in the blanket. Aish, stop touching me, Pabo-ah. Irene is yelling inside.

" If you are sick, it's ok. You need to take a rest. I understand. I'm going."

" You are going? "

" Yes. I need to go to work."

Seulgi answers while laughing at the silly Irene who is super childish. She can't believe that this is the y Irene everyone knows. This is her cute side no one knows. And it is really fun to see it.

Seulgi walks to the door and opens it. She can feel that someone is staring at her back and she takes a side glance to the bed to find Irene peeking her under the blanket while showing only her eyes.

LOL. What's wrong with this girl? Funny. She laughs silently, shaking her head and leaves the room. Irene can let out her holding breathe now. What's wrong with me? She is also asking herself. Ah, my heart is about to explore. Plus what's the annoying electricity which flows into me every time Kang Seulgi makes a touch? 

I will ask Eunji. She is a doctor. May be she can answer me. She finally gives up and decides to ask her sister instead.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

" No No No. I'm going back. I cannot do it."

" Hey, hey, Mina unnie."

Chaeyoung quickly stops Mina who is trying to run out of the hospital. But she notices that she has used some informal words so she apologizes quickly.

" I'm sorry. I just want to stop you."

" It's fine and better but I really can't do it."

" C'm on. Look at me."

Chaeyoung is trying her best to calm down the fake Japan girl. She looks at Mina in the eyes and tries her best to cheer her best.

" You have to go and meet her. May be she is waiting for you. You can't always run away from her. Let's go. I'll be with you."

" Alright."

And they both walk to the reception to ask for Jung Eunji. 

" Hello, ladies. What can I help you? "

" We are looking for Dr.Jung Eunji."

" She is on duty and it is lunch break so may be she is in the canteen. You can go this way and turn right."

" Thank you."

Chaeyoung answers and they follow the direction to find a huge canteen. They look around and Mina finds a tiny girl with dutycoat eating alone at the table in the middle while using her phone. 

" Let's go."

Mina walks to the doctor who is oblivious of the drama she is facing soon. They stop beside the table and Eunji looks up. She seems to be surprised by them. And Eunji is thinking why the girl from the coffee shop she is seeing every morning is here. Is she one of her patients' family member?

" Hello, Jung Eunji-sshi."

" Nae, hello."

Chaeyoung suddenly feels that Mina holds her hand. Mina's hand is as cold as ice and sweaty so she gives a light squeeze to give her some strength. Mina sighs and she dares herself to speak.

" Do you have some time? I need to talk to you for personal thing."

" Excuse me? "

Mina takes a seat in front of Eunji and she linhales.

" Alright. I'm telling it here. Unnie, please look at me carefully."

Eunji is confused but she looks at the girl. The girl is beautiful, she seems she is rich.. Wait, she has many moles on her face. And the most prominent one is on her nose bridge. What the-

Eunji's eyes become widen and she opens to say something but she closes again as she has lost her words. Mina holds Eunji's hand which is put on the table and she said,

" Unnie, Eunji unnie, I'm Mina. It's Kwon Mina, your sister."

" Mina-ah."

Finally, Eunji speaks. She looks at her sister with teary eyes.

" Where have you been, Mina-ah? You really are good at hiding."

" Unnie, mianhae. I should-"

" It's ok, baby."

Eunji stands up and she quickly hugs her crying sister. Mina returns the hug and she is now sobbing on Eunji's shoulder as a crybaby. Eunji is stoking her sister's hair while she takes a look at Chaeyoung who is standing awkwardly.

She remembers that it is the Lawyer who saved her once and she gives a wide smile at the girl. Chaeyoung smiles back and bows at Eunji before she decides to give the sisters their alone time.

Finally, Mina can control herself and she slowly pulls away. Eunji smiles widely at her and she stands up.

" Get up, sis."

" Where are we going? "

" Just come."

Eunji pulls Mina and they both go up to the 4th floor. Eunji stops at one patient's room and she smiles at Mina.

" Prepare for the surprise."

Mina widens here eyes and her heartbeat becomes faster. Eunji knocks and she opens the door quielty. 

" Eunji-ahhhhhhh "

Mina hears a cute voice inside as Eunji skips her way to the patient who is busy with the cake in her hand.

" Aigooo, unnie. Your mouth is dirty. Let me clean."

Eunji wipes the cake on Irene's lips with the tissue paper on the table. And she said cheerfully.

" Unnie, I have a surprise for you."

Mina walks towards the bed slowly,. She furrows her eyebrows and confused when she sees Bae Irene on the bed, wearing hospital clothes. Why Eunji is taking her to Irene? 

" Unnie, guess who she is."

Irene seems she doesn't want to give a about MIna at first. But she takes a glance at her and her face changes. She puts the cake on the table and walks to her. She extends her hand and touches Mina's face, caressing slowly while examining every facial features. 

" Mina? "

Irene's voice is cracked and she is now starting to cry while MIna is still in her confused stage. Eunji smiles and she whispers.

" MIna-ah, don't you remember Joohyun unnie? "

" Joohyun unnie? OMG! Unnie!!!! "

" Mina-ah!!! "

They hug tightly. Mina is not prepared for this. She never knows that Eunji has found one already. Eunji tries to calm down her two crying sisters.

" Ok. OK. Let's sit and talk. Come."

" Oh, right. Let's sit."

Irene and Mina sit on the bed while Eunji is sitting on the chair.

" So what happened? "

" I was hiding in the house when they- they killed Appa. I saw everything with my own eyes."

" We saw it too, from outside."

" Nae. I was still hiding even when they set the house on fire. I thought I was dead but Appa's friend from Japan came and saved me. We tried to looked for you but we had no chance. He took me to Japan with him and adopted me."

" You were in Japan? It will be hard for you."

" What about you, unnies? "

" I was lost while running away. And a family is kind enough to adopt me."

Eunji explains in short. Irene sighs and she tells her story.

" I was with Chaeyeon and Eunbi at that time. We were taken to Seoul to find Chorong and Jeongyeon but it ended as we were lost in streets of Soul. Suddenly, Chaeyeon ran away and I tried to stop her as a car was coming in her way. But it hit me instead and I lost my consciousness. When I woke up again, I was on hospital bed, no sign of them, No one knew or saw them. The one who hit me withtl the car is the famous director and he helped me a lot. He said I was beautiful and he wanted me to work for him. I was trained to become an actress and I accepted it because I thought you will see me on TV and recognize me. I mean my beauty is no joke, right? "

" Ummmm, unnie, we never think our sister is a famous actress."

" It doesn't matter. Now, I found you."

Irene said as she wipes her tears. MIna quickly hugs her to comfort and Eunji stands up to join the group hug. They stay like this for a few minutes and break their hug.

" Haha. I'm so happy."

" Yes, and I promise, unnies. I will find the others soon."

" With the help of your girlfriend? "

Eunji asks blantly and Mina widens her eyes while Irene raises her eyebrow in curious way.

" She is not my girlfriend. She is just my lawyer who is helping me to find the girls and with Appa's case."

" Are you sure? I saw that you were holding hands."

" That's because I was so nervous and she was just trying to calm me down."

Mina whispers while she is trying to hide her blushing face. Eunji and Irene are looking at each other and laugh at the youngest. At that time, Mina's phone rings and it is from Chaeyoung. May be she was lost where Mina was and tries to contact. Mina thinks and she stands up. Eunji peeks the caller ID and she teases the girl again.

" Oh, your girl is calling. Mina has to go back."

" Unnie!!! You are such a tease like always. But I need to go now. I didn't bring my car and she has her work to go."

" Alright. We understand.  Let's meet after I have discharged from hospital. And don't forget to introduce us to you girl."

" Unnie!!!!! "

" I'm kidding! "

Irene said as she gives Goodbye hug to her sister. Mina nods and she hugs Eunji before she leaves the room to find Chaeyoung. She  can't wait to share her that she has found two sisters already. Meeting Eunji is the best decision she has ever made. She has to thank to Chaeyoung for that.

Eunji checks her watch and she finds that the lunch breaek is over. She smiles at Irene and said.

" Unnie, I have to go too."

" Wait, Eunji-ah."

" Nae? "

" I have a question."

" Okay."

Irene seems she is nervous. She bites her lips and thinks for a few seconds before seh asks.

" Give me your hand."

" Nae? "

" Just give me."

Eunji is confused but she extends her hand. Irene carefully extends her hand also and she quickly touch her finer with hers. And she frowns. She touches Eunji's hand again whispering 'Nothing happens'.

" What are you doing, unnie? "

" If you feel like being electroculated when you touch someone, what is the diagnosis? "

" Ummm, being electroculated when touching someone? This is something new. I've never heard about it. Don't worry. I will ask my Professor about  it. Now, I really have to go."

" Oh, sorry."

 " Bye, unnie."

And Eunji runs out from the room, leaving Irene alone on the bed with mixed feelings. She then laughs and takes the cake that she put on the table and resumes eating.

Oh, the cake is so sweet. She remembers what Seulgi said to her about sweet stuffs.

Sweet things really bring me good things. I found my sisters. And I am happy. She thinks.

 

 

 

xxx                                     xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon is on her way back home, driving her car. She is busy all day to locate Viper in Seoul. And they are still unlucky to fix the camera. Plus Jihyo still didn't change her mind about Jeongyeon protecting the witness' safety.

But she finds one clue while looking over the files of their lost sisters. She finds out that there was a girl named Kwon Chaeyeon who was in the foster system 10 years ago. But the adopted parents didn't want to give their names so she was stuck at that stage. At least, I can know that she was adopted. She may be living happily somewhere in this world. Jeongyeon is thinking positive, trying to cheer herself up.

When she enters her house, she finds Nayeon sitting on the coach, watching a drama. She really likes K-drama, huh? Jeongyeon thinks and she walks passed Nayeon who doesn't even give her a glance. Jeongyeon stops and she clears . But Nayeon doesn't give any response so she asks.

" Is Chorong unnie at home? "

" No, she hasn't come back yet."

Nayeon answers but her eyes are still glued on TV. Jeongyeon frowns but she decides to takes the shower first. She enters her room and takes a quick shower. And she puts on a T-shirt and a short. Ahhh, I'm boring. What should I do? She thinks and finally decides to join Nayeon in the living room.

Ummm? To her surprise, the Italy chef is now crying over the drama. She is wiping her tears with the tissues while her eyes are till on the screen. Jeongyeon suddenly wants to tease the girl and she secretly grabs the remote. And she sits beside Nayeon, waits for the best moment and changes the channel.

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!!! What are you doing? "

" You are crying so I feel bad for you. C'm on. Let's watch some cartoons. They are funny. Ahahahahahahaha."

" Give me back."

Nayeon steals the remote and she changes the channel back to K-drama she was watching before. Jeongyeon is holding her laughter and she leans over to Nayeon to steal back the remote, and changes the channel again.

" Yah!!! Give me back!!! "

" Try to take."

" I will! "

Nayeon jumps towards her like a tiger but in her eyes, she only looks like a cute bunny. Jeongyeon is extending her arm as far as she can as Nayeon can't definitely reach to her.

" Hahaha. Short hands? "

But Nayeon is smart enough to attack her with tickle and Jeongyeon laughs, making Nayeon to win over the remote. Oh, no. Jeongyeon stands up and she quickly takes the remote from Nayeon's hand. And she stands up, raising her hand over her head.

Nayeon looks up to he remote and she jumps, trying to catch the remote, but obviously fails. Jeongyeon is laughing out loud.

" Your short legs will never reach."

" Watch it."

Nayeon jumps onto the couch and she pulls the remote while throwing herself towards Jeongyoen. They hit and Jeongyeon loses her balance, falling on the floor. Nayeon also falls onto her body and now, Jeogyeon is trapped in between Nayeon's arms. What is happening?

Jeongyeon feels like she is hit by 1000 pound weight to her head. She becomes dizzy and she can't see things clearly. All she can see is the brown orbs of the rabbit-like woman who is now smirking at her with her usual annoyng smirk. Jeongyeon is surpsied and her face turns red when she notices that her hearbeat is racing again. Aish, that woman-

" I'm home!!! "

At that time, they hear Chorong's voice and Nayeon removes herself from Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon feels like she is lucky that her savior came and she stands up quickly. Chorong looks at their direction with confusion.

" Jeongyeonie, what's happening? Why your hair is messy? "

" I-"

" Unnie, this Pabo is stealing my remote and she is destroying my drama time."

But Nayeon is faster than her. SHe links her arm to Chorong and she said using her deadly ageyo. Jeongyeon glares at her while Chorong starts her lectuere of not to be bully to Nayeon. Nayeon just shows her tongue and she follows Chorong to help her in the kitchen for dinner.

Jeongyeon looks at the remote in her hand and she throws it on the table before she comes back to her room. She fought with the girl for nothing.

She can't believe that their faces are only three inches apart and Nayeon was still smirkng at her. Doesn't she feel heart-racing or something? Am I the only one blushing? She thinks and ruffles her hair in anger.

Aish, what had this woman done to her??????