Chapter 23

The Pleiades

Seulgi looks at the direction from her phone and she stops the car in front of the coffeeshop. If the instruction is correct, it must be this place. She looks up the board saying " Blossom " and she makes sure for the last time before she enters the shop.

" Welcome to our shop."

The waitress greets her and she smiles and nods at her before she takes a seat at the table near the bookshelf. There is only one girl in the shop and she is obviously not Kang Hyewon so it seems she has not arrived yet. Seulgi decides to wait for her while reading and she takes a book from the shelf after she has told the waitress her order.

After waiting for a few minutes, the door is opened again and a clumsy girl comes into. Hyewon looks around and she spots Seulgi. She smiles at her and bows before she walks to her.

" Oh, Minju-ah, what are you doing here? "

Hyewon is surprised to see Minju sitting at the corner with a cup of coffee on the table. The coffee is cold already by it seems she has not given a touch yet. Minju looks up Hyewon and she smiles at her.

" Hyewon-ah, hello. I'm here for coffee. I love the taste here."

Minju said but Hyewon does't believe that she really loves the coffeee here. The cup is still untouched. And the girl is with a frowning face. It seems something is bothering her.

" Where is Chaeyeon? "

" I'm alone today."

" Ok, I'm meeting someone here. Wait for me. I'll be back."

" Ok."

Hyewon nods at her and she walks to Seulgi who has been waiting for her patiently. She sits across the older girl and greets cheeerfully.

" Hello, Seulgi unnie. I'm Kang Hyewon, the one calling you last night."

" Nae, I guess so. What can I help you since you said you need my help? "

Hyewon lowers her head and she explains.

" I'm the girlfriend of your sister-in-law, Kwon Eunbi."

" Wait, did Joohyun unnie has sisters? "

" Yes, a lot. Don't you know? "

" No, we don't talk about it."

" Oh, it's really hard to explain now. But I'll try to explain you. They have seven sisters. And your Joohyun is No.2. My Eunbi is No.4. We were in love and everything is ok before your girl butted in and separated us like Maleficent did to Aurora."

" Excuse me, now you are calling my Joohyun as Maleficent? "

" No! I mean yes, but No. Ah, Molla. But unnie, please help me. You are the only one who can tell Joohyun unnie."

" Who is talking about my unnie? "

At that time, Eunji who is carrying the order of Seulgi asks and the two girls look up her in surprise. But Eunji flashes her cute eyesmiles and she shoves away their worries.

" Don't worry. I'm on your side. I'm No.3 Kwon Eunji. A doctor but this cafe's owner is my girl so I'm here."

" Ah, it's nice to meet you, Eunji unnie. I'm Kang Hyewon, Eunbi's girlfriend."

" Nae, nae, I know. I heard about you a lot from Eunbi. You are as sweet as she said."

Eunji comments and Hyewon smiles widely from ear to ear. Eunji also greets with Seulgi and they shake hands. Eunji walks back to the counter to tell Naeun that the girls are here, leaving Hyewon and Seulgi alone again.

The older girl is asking about the sisters more and Hyewon is telling her everything she knows. At that time, Eunji comes down from the upstairs as she has night duty tonight. And she said goodbye to Naeun, to them and leaves the shop. Naeun walks to their table and sits as soon as Eunji leaves.

" Hello, I'm Eunji's girlfriend, Son Naeun. I'm also the owner of this shop."

" Ah, nae, nice to meet you."

" Finally, I am having a big chance to get to Eunbi."

Hyewon whispers to herself as she is seeing them as helping hands for her. While Naeun is asking them what do they want more, the door is opened again and a short girl enters. She looks around the shop and she finds her sister talking to the customers.

" Unnie, I'm here. I have taken some curry boxes from home."

" Nae, Chaeyoung-ah, wait for me."

Naeun smiles at them and she leaves them to take the curries from Chaeyoung. Hyewon opens in surprise as she is seeing people from Eunbi's stories in person. So, they are  the Son sisters? Wow, I'm really lucky. She thinks and she stands up to go and greet Chaeyoung.

" Hey, Lawyer. Do you remember me? "

" Oh, the angry bird who used the bottle."

Chaeyoung said as she remembers how Hyewon throws the bottle to the man's head. Hyewon smiles widely as she nods. And she looks at Minju and Seulgi too.

" Since we all are here, we should do some union. I mean they are 7 and they have a great connection. We should also make a group too."

She suggests and everyone looks at each other. But Naeun who has come out form the kitchen claps in excitement as she totally love the idea of becoming friends with her going to be sisters-in-law. 

" I love the idea. Let's hang out together and be friends. I'll tell the last one I know to come here."

She said and she immediately dials to Nayeon to come join them.

 

 

 

xxx                           xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

" You can go back now, girls. The cafe is closed for today."

" But there are still customers."

" They are family matters. Just shut up and go."

Naeun said and Hayoung pouts. But her two friends, Joy and Yerin pull her and they take their things and leave the cafe. Naeun smiles again as she is carrying the cakes and cookies with the help of her sister, Chaeyoung and puts them in front of their jointned table so that all six of them can sit together.

" Ah, I can't believe that I have this kind of new friendship."

Hyewon proudly said and everyone is laughing at her silliness. Nayeon seems she is a little worried so Naeun asks her.

" What's wrong, Nayeon-ah. Are you ok? "

" Yeah, but Yoo Jeongyeon is on her mission and I didn't tell her that I'm going out tonight. She will be angry with me if she finds out about this."

" Don't worry. I can drive you back home."

Both Chaeyoung and Seulgi said and the bunny girl nods and smiles but the worries in her eyes are still there. While they are sitting at the table, the door is opened and someone enters. Nayeon smiles and she stands up and takes the last person to the table. Bomi seems to be surprised to see people making a meeting or somewhat in the coffee shop.

Nayeon smiles and she explains.

" We are having a gathering and I want to invite you here. Well, you are part of this, right? "

" Part of what? "

" Sisters-in-law operation."

Hyewon proudly adds, making everyone confused. But Bomi said nothing and she takes a seat. 

" Ok, let's start from the introduction as some of us don't know each other. I'm Eunji's girlfriend, Son Naeun. I'm the owner of this coffee shop too. I'm happy to be friends with you because Eunji told me about how she and her sisters talked about us. I think we need a squad too."

" My turn, my turn, I'm Kang Hyewon, Eunbi's girlfriend. We have been through in many difficulties but our love was strong enough to pass through everything. But we are now separated by Maleficent Bae Irene and I'm just a poor student so there is nothing I can do. That's why I need your help."

" Geez, Hyewon-ah, slow down. I'm Kang Seulgi, the girlfriends of the Maleficent she is referring. And I'm a choreographer. I made a dance studio so you can join me if you want to drive your stress away. I am in a relation with Joohyun unnie not long ago and we both are busy so I didn't know her family. I hope you guys will tell me more about that because I'm sure she will not tell me."

" I'm Lee Chaeyeon's girlfriend."

Minju quietly said and they all can feel that something is wrong with this girl. Is she sad? But Nayeon just breaks the awakwardness.

" Ok, now, it is non-girlfriends turn. I'm Im Nayeon. I am a chef working in Italy. I came to Seoul as I wanted a vacation but I was stuck in a drug case and became a witness. I had to stay at Jeongyeon's house and as you know, I fell for her. And that Pabo has no idea about this."

" That's ."

" Yeah, and I am Son Chaeyoung, a lawyer. And I'm also Son Naeun's little sister. I once worked for Mina and I knew everything about their case. I thought we were more than that. But one day, she suddenly kicked me away and started to date the bad guy from Paradise. I don't understand why. These days she keeps coming back to me and tell me to take care as I am a kid or something. I hate of being a push and pull couple. I just don't understand what she wants."

Chaeyoung ends and everyone is now wating for the most quiet girl in this squad. Bomi sighs and she looks at Chaeyoung.

" Indeed, I'm the sister of the bad guy you referred."

Everyone in the cafe is in surprised. Bomi smiles with a mysterious smile.

" I love her and she loves me too. But we can't be together. I need to choose my family like she chose hers. I can't do anything except watching how oppa and unnie are fighting. It's too much hurt but I have to do what I need to do."

Everyone becomes quiet and Naeun and Hyewon look at each other as they know they have to lighten the mood. This is not the gathering they want. Hyewon laughs suddenly as she breaks the silence.

" Ok, we know each other now. So what will we do next? "

" Actually, I have something on my mind which keeps bothering me. I want to talk about it but I have no close friends who will listen to me and will understand me. Since you are now on the same boat with me, I hope you will understand."

Naeun starts and everyone is listening to her.

" We are in a relation for almost two months but Eunji has not told me that she loves me yet."

" Umm? How you became in a relationship though she didn't tell you? "

" Cause I told her that I love her."

" WHAT!!!!! Son Naeun, you are insane? You are lowering down our Son's pride. How can you confess first? "

" Geez, Chaeyoung. Everyone can say I love you to the ones they love. It's better than staying shut up and being pushed & pulled. This is more pride lowering to be Miss Being Dumped."

Naeun fights back and Chaeyoung pouts as she knows she has lost the arguement. Naeun crosses and she leans back on the chair.

" But I'm serious here. She never tells me that she loves me. I am the only one who is saying this."

" Yah, what about you Miss Helplessly in love? "

Hyewon is thinking hard and finally she replies.

" Kwon Eunbi and I met at a bar. I first thought she was a call girl and I kept annoying her.Then she saved me when I was drowning and she stole my first kiss. I fell for her since that time. We became a couple on the night I was in a fight because of her and ended up in the police station. She just pulled me in a kiss, hehehehe, and - Wait, yes, she never told me that she loves me."

Hyewon shouts loudly as she knows about it just now. Everyone roll their eyes.

" Right, Kwon Eunbi never said that. May be she do not love me??? "

Hyewon said with wide eyes and everyone shakes their head at the childish girl. But Seulgi pads her back as she tries to comfort her.

" This time, you and i have the similar story. She just pulled me into a kiss and we are a couple now. She never says other things. What's wrong with these sisters!? "

" But Bomi unnie has a more better situation than everyone of us as she has been taking Chorong unnie to her home for sleepover. Tell me how she say i love you."

Bomi scratches her head and she thinks for a few seconds. She tries to recall the memories. She knows Chorong loves her but there was no I love you from her. What the- Bomi looks at them in horror and the others' jaw drop.

" She didn't, did she? "

" Yeah, she never said such things. All we did were just private stuffs."

" Oh, come on. What do these sisters want? "

" Minju-ah, what about you? We all know that Chaeyeon is the most romantic person on the earth."

Hyewon suggests and MInju sighs. She remembers the day Chaeyeon confessed to her.

" At that time, I was giving her the birthday present in my room."

" Oop, sorry. I don't want to know about this."

" What are you thinking, Hyewon-ah? I'm really giving the present. And she suddenly said that she liked me. Yes, she used 'like', not 'love'. I clearly remember."

Because she is in love with another person. Minju thinks bitterly. The others sigh as they can feel that Minju is more and more worse while talking to them. She seems she is really down. 

" Yah, Son Chaeyoung, your turn."

" I have nothing to say, unnie. We were not a thing. How can we have romantic moments between us? "

" Really? According to the news I have had, it's more than this."

Naeun smirks and Hyewon nods in agreement. The lawyer is shaking her head as she is trying to recall the memories.

" Well, we once went to a village together and slept together."

" Slept together?! This is really big, sis."

" No, it is not. It is only me admiring her. And the next time is her birthday. I stayed at her house for a long time and drew a portrait of her. I even wrote a stupid quote on it. Aish, it's too embarrassing."

Chaeyoung said and her sister pads her head.

" C'm on babysis, she loves you, too."

Naeun said and Chaeyoung looks at her. 

" You only need the right moment for the relation. Trust me."

" Aigoo, everyone is better than my situation indeed."

The bunny girl said while she is chewing the cookies deliciously.

" I mean I'm staying in the same house with her. And I keep giving hints all day and night but she is too stupid to notice them. All she does is making stupid pranks and lame jokes on me."

" Aww, unnie, I feel really bad for you."

" Yes, ok, I'm not embarrassed anymore. I regard all of you guys as my close friend and I'm telling you. Once, I was showering in her room and she walked in, and saw my everything. But that Pabo is stupid enough to ignore it and even fought with me."

" Waiting for someone is too hard."

" yes, especially when that person is totally stupid."

" Eek, these sisters are really strange. What do they want? Why they don't say I love you? Are they playing hard? Are they trying to play with us? "

" Yah, let's make an operation. Let's make them say I love you."

" Great idea."

" Geez, I'm already lost at the game."

" C'm on, Nayeon unnie. Why you are in depression? Think bright."

Bomi sighs and she looks at them with a smile.

" Play by yourselves. Me and Rong unnie are never meant to be anymore. We are done."

" We are sorry, unnie."

" It's ok. I like to hang out with you. It makes me relaxed."

" But you guys are lucky."

Minju finally starts to talk without someone forcing her to. She looks at them with a weak smile.

" You guys know that your lovers love you, too."

" Minju-ah."

" Don't try to comfort me, Hyeown-ah. I knew everything. Everything including about the bet. I knew."

Hyewon becomes surprised as she realizes her bestfriend has messed up the whole situation. MInju whispers.

" Chaeyeon does not love me at all. Her heart is with someone else."

And they all believe that they see tears reflecting behind that smile.

 

 

 

 

xxx                               xxx                                  xxx

 

 

 

Bomi drives her car to the familiar road and she reimagines how Chorong and herself were happy on this way back home.  They laughed a lot, joked around with each other, thier goodnight kisses, and everything. They are now becoming the Past. She sighs and Nayeon takes a glance at her, checking that she is really ok.

After their gathering, someone needs to drive Nayeon back to her house as it is dangerous for her to go back alone. Both Seulgi and Chaeyoung said they could but Bomi is the only one who knows the exact location of the house, so she volunteered to drive Nayeon back home. She didn't know that it is the bad idea. Now, everything becomes new to her again.

" Unnie, are you ok? "

" I'm fine, Nayeon-ah. Don't worry."

" I'm sorry if I made you sad. I thought it would be nice to know with each other as we could share our feelings."

" It's a great gathering. And I'm really glad to know all of you. I had fun."

" Nae, let's meet again next time."

Nayeon said when they reach in front of their apartment. Bomi nods and Nayeon gets out of the car. She leans to the window and said goodbye to Bomi.

" Should I send you till you reach in the house? "

" No need, unnie. I can go by myself."

" Ok, see ya."

" Bye bye."

Nayeon waits till Bomi's car disappears from her sight. She then walks up the stairs to their floor. She is carrying the cakes and cookies that Naeun gifts her as present and she opens the door with one hand.

" Ahh."

" Don't move."

" Let me go. Let me go."

At that time, two people who are wearing hoods on thier head appear and they grab Nayeon from one arm each. Nayeon is struggling herself from them and all the cookies and cakes are scattering in front of the door. One of the guy takes out a handkerchief and puts it over Nayeon's nose and mouth, making the girl falling asleep.

They carry her by the back stairs, put her in the backseat of their car and drive away.

 

 

 

After two hours...........

* phone ringing *

Jeongyeon arches her eyebrows when she sees the caller name. Why her sister is calling her in the middle of the night? She wonders and picks up the phone.

" Wae unnie? What's up? "

" Jeongyeon-ah, it's... it's not good."

" Wae unnie? What happened? Why are you crying? "

Jeongyeon feels the sudden heaviness on her heart. No, no, no, this can't be.

" When I reached home, I saw that there were cookies and cakes scattering in front of the house. Our door was opened and there was no sign of Nayeon."

" What!!!!!!! "

Jeongyeon feels like her world has been stopped at that moment. Im Nayeon!