Chapter 4

The Pleiades

" Do I really have to do this? "

Irene said with a pout and Wendy doesn't reply the actress as she knows that Irene will trick her and skip the dancing class.

" Do I? I mean we can always use body double or something. Right? "

" Unnie we all know you can't. The netizens will find out and they will destroy your image."

Wendy said and she parks the car in the parking of the building. Irene comes down from the car still with a pout and she puts on her sunglasses before she follows Wendy. They enter the building and Irene drags Wendy by her arm suddenly.

" Seungwan-ah, I want ice-cream."

" Umm? Why at this time? "

" Pleaseeeeeee, I will be dancing non-stop for three straight hours after that. I need my energy first."

Wendy sighs and she nods.

" Alright. Vanilla with chocolate topping, right? Wait here. I'll be back in five."

" Omm."

Irene uses her rare ageyo and Wendy can't resist it. She sighs and checks the time as she doesn't want Irene late for her first dance practice. And she runs fast to get the ice-cream Irene wants. Irene waits till Wendy disappers and she stumps her feet, totally hates the idea of learning dance. 

" Ahhh, I can't breathe. I can't breathe."

She thinks she needs some air. And she walks out of the building with her arms crossed, whiling lowering her head down.

* Bump *

It seems Irene has been unlucky in these days. She bumps again into someone coming in from the door.

" Yah! "

" Huh? You are the one who hit me and you are shouting Yah? What a rude ajjuma."

" Ajjuma? Wait. I know you."

Irene is pissed off and she looks at the other woman. She is wearing a yellow hoodie, with her hair tied up on her head, a little messy, and with short denims and sneakers. Oh, she knows her very well.

" You are the one who called me Ajjuma at the party."

" Ahhh, I remember you too."

She said like it is not important making Irene frowns.

" You are ill-mannered Ajjuma who doesn't know how to apologize. But it's okay. You don't have to. I don't want to make old people embarrassed."

She said with a cheerful smile and walks passed by Irene while adjusting her bag on her shoulder. Irene removes her sunglasses in anger and she is about to yell somethng but the other woman has already entered the elevator and disappeared from her sight.

" Oh, unnie. What are you doing here? Did I take too long? Here, your ice-cream."

" Who wants ice-cream! Hump!! I have to go to class, right? Let's go."

Irene pushes away Wendy's hand and she walks to the elevator. Wendy doesn't know what to do with the ice-cream but she has to follow Irene so she puts it in the recycle bin and runs after Irene. She then presses the 8 button and they are taken up. Irene is still crossing her arms and says nothing as she is too furious. Wendy is wondering why Irene is acting this way but she simply thinks as Irene really doesn't want to learn dance.

" Unnie, this way."

Irene looks up the signboard saying " Charisma Dance Studio ". Hmmm, sounds attractive. But how will be the cheoreographer? Is he or she will nice? Or boring? I wish this 4 weeks will pass quickly.

" Let's go in? "

" Alright."

Irene clears and she said. Wendy opens the door for her and they enter a big dance studio. But she finds no one and Irene asks Wendy. 

" Why there is no one? "

" Ah, the entertainment paid for one section and we took the whole section by yourself. You can freely learn dance without interferered by the curious eyes."

" Oh, I see."

At that time, someone comes out from the back and Irene hears Wendy greets.

" Hi Seulgi-ah, sorry we are late for a few minutes."

" It's ok."

Huh? Irene thinks she has heard this voice somewhere and she turns around to see her nightmare.

" You-! "

" Oh."

Seulgi just raises her eyebrow. The clueless Wendy is unaware of the situation and she continues.

" Seulgi-ah, this is my unnie, Irene Bae. She is a celebrity and I bet you know her too well. Unnie, this is my friend, Kang Seulgi. She is a great cheoreographer. You know, Mamamoo's dances. Haha. They are all made by her. And I have to beg her a lot to teach you."

But the two do not reply as they are busy with their glare war. Wendy finally gets the tension and she laughs nervously.

" Do you guys know each other? "

" No, not really."

Seulgi answers with a teasing tone and she claps her hands.

" Ok, let's start. But, what are you wearing, Princess? Do you really think you can dance with these clothes. Go change, please."

She says and Irene glares at her. But Seulgi seems she is not scared with Irene as she is looking at her with a teasing smile on her face. Damn, this dance class will be like hell. Irene is cursing in her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx.                                                         xxxx                                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Chaeyeon? "

" Hehe, morning, Seulgi unnie."

" Did you sleep here again? "

" No, I was practising and it was getting late before I noticed so I just slept here. Hehe."

Chaeyeon said and she quickly grabs her things on the floor, trying to give a reason to her dancer teacher. She was lucky enough as they hear someone is coming in. Kang Seulgi sighs and she leaves the room. Now, Chaeyeon can regain her breathe.

" Huuu, I was lucky. Whoever's coming, that's my savior."

And she continues grabbing her things. and pushes them inside her backpack quickly. At that time, the door is opened and someone comes in. 

" Oh."

That person is surprised to see someone inside she is about to leave the room but Chaeyeon quickly stops her.

" It's ok. I'm not using the room. You can change here."

And the girl looks at her. OMG. That's the famous Bae Irene. Chaeyeon thinks and she is about to ask for her autograph but she is afraid that Irene will be scared. I should have show some manner. And so she just bow her head as a greeting.

" So, I'm leaving. Bye."

She said and leaves the room but she is stopped by a call.

" Wait."

" Yes? "

" Do you know who I am? "

" Of course, you are the ing Bae Irene. If someone says they don't know you, it will be a lie. Even if you are not wearing much make-up, your beauty is too obvious to be ignored. So, of course, I know."

" Then, why don't you ask for anything? "

" I don't want to disturb your privacy. You are not working so why I should ask something from you? "

Irene nods.

" Thank you. And do you really think that it will be a lie if someone tell they don't know me."

" Yes."

Irene smiles and smirks at the same time. That Kang Seulgi is a liar. There is no way she doesn't know me. And she smiles at the kid in front of her.

" Thank you."

" Welcome."

Chaeyeon said and she leaves the actress alone. She said fareware to her teacher and comes out from the studio. At that time, her phone rings and it is no other than her annoying friend, Choi Yena.

" Hello."

" Where were you last night? You didn't show up. We had agreed to go to water park, remember? "

" Ah, I forgot. Sorry."

" It's fine. Luckily, we still haven't tell the girl we are about to hook up with you. So, let's go to there today."

" Sure."

Chaeyeon agrees and Yena said they will meet with her at 4PM at water park. Chaeyeon hangs up and she shoves her shoulder. What  can be worse? Her life has been a tragety.  She shakes her head and comes back to hoe. As always, there is no one in the house. The maids greet her and what she needs but Chaeyeon just tell them she is okay and goes straightly inside her bedroom.

Indeed, she hates coming back her room. It has been almost a year but she can see her everywhere. The room is still filled with her scent. This is insane and this is driving her crazy.

" Jjaeyeon... Aieru."

She shakes her head to drive away the voices in her head and tries to get some sleep. She wakes up after three hours of good sleep and she checks the time. Oh, it's almost 3PM. I should take a shower. She thinks as she doesn't want to screw up her blind date. When she has finished with everything, it is nearly 4 and she has to be quick.

" Chaeyeon-ah, will you come back for dinner? "

" No, Ajjuma. Bye."

And she drives to the place where her friends will be waiting for her. When they see her, they wave at her and Chaeyeon walks to them. She looks around but there is only her three friends. She raises her eyebrow.

" Where is your girl? "

" She is over there. Listen, this is the plan. You go and make friends with her. Then, we will show up and introduce you two."

" Sound's easy. Alright. Where is she? "

Yena points to a girl who is wearing a white swimmsuit, sitting on a bench and looking at the people in the water. Chaeyeon smirks and she walks to the bar counter to take two drinks for them. And she walks to the girl who is all alone.

She sits on another bench beside her and the girl gives a glance to her side. Chaeyeon gives a bow and smiles as a greeting. The girl also bows back and Chaeyeon start.

" Hi."

" Umm, hi."

" Are you alone here? "

" No, I am waiting for my friends."

" Me, too. I am also waiting for my friends."

And she hands her one of the drinks she has taken.

" You can have one."

" No, you are taking for your friend, right? "

" It's fine. She has her own hands and she will take one by herself. Here."

" Thanks."

The girl takes the drink and she starts drinking it shyly. Chaeyeon takes it as a positive sign and she continues.

" I'm Lee Chaeyeon. And you are-"

" I'm Kim Minju."

" Oh, nice to know you, Minju-ah."

Chaeyeon uses informal usage and Minju looks at her in surprise. But she smiles and said nothing. Chaeyeon knows she has to keep the conversation alive so she continues.

" I am attending at Seoul University, dance major."

" Omo, I am from Seoul University, too. I am taking Music major."

" I love music."

" Me, too."

" What a coincidence. We met accidently and we have many similarities. I think God wants us to be friends."

" You think? "

" Yeah."

" You are really something."

Minju whispers as her face turns red and she seems she is shy for some reason. Chaeyeon laughs as she thinks the girl is cute. And she feels like it is not a bad idea to play the game after all. The girl seems to be ok.

" Ummm, Minju-ah. Shall we go into water? "

" No, I can't! "

" Why? "

" Oh, it's- it's because I don't like water."

" Then why you agree your friend to meet here? "

" Because she is super excited about going here with her girlfriend."

" You are so kind."

Chaeyeon makes a comment. At that time, she hears a loud voice from a far.

" Yah! Lee Chaeyeon! "

"Minju-ahhhhhhh."

Yuri and Yena come to their way and Yena secretly raises her eyebrow which Chaeyeon replies with a smirk.

" Sorry. We are late. Wait. How do you guys know each other? "

" No, we just met here."

" Let me introduce you then."

" No need. We are friends already. Right, Minju-ah? "

Chaeyeon said and Yena is shocked by the sudden well-going friendship. But she says nothing as Chaeyeon gives her a wink. Chaeyeon notices that her bestfriend is nowhere to be seen so she asks.

" Where is Kang-chan? "

" She said she will go there and buy her drink. She will join us soon."

" Alright."

" Let's go into water."

Yuri exciitingly said and Yena is grinning and nodding non-stop like a moron. Minju seems she doesn't know how to tell her friend that she doesn't like water. Chaeyeon thinks for a second and she stands up from her bench. But she shouts and suddenly sits down on the ground.

" What happened, Chaeyeon? "

" My leg. Ohh, I spinned it. You guys go swim. I will just sit here and watch you."

" Umm? Really? "

" Or may be Minju will stay with me and talk. We are talking about our music taste before you guys arrived."

And she makes an eyecontact with Minju. Minju gets the note and she follows.

" Yes. Yes. I will stay with Chaeyeon-sshi, here. We were having fun,"

Yuri and Yena look at each other and chuckle. 

" Fine. Have fun, you two."

" You, too."

And the two go out for swimming. Minju turns to Chaeyeon.

" Thank you."

" It's nothing. It's what's friends do for each other, right? "

Minju's face turns pink again. And she shyly nods. Chaeyeon sighs but she hides it quickly when Minju looks at her and smiles ar her.

Saku-chan, I'm sorry. She apologizes to nobody.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx.                                                       xxx.                                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

Hyewon is walking towards the other side of the pool to take some drink for herself. Well, she doesn't want to see the lovey dovey Yena and Yuri which is very disgusting and so she just made an excuse. She buys a drink and sits on the bench on the other side of the bench where she can clearly see her bestfriend, Chaeyeon, flirtling with the poor girl.

She doesn't agree with this stupid game but one part of her also wants Chaeyeon to move on from her first love. She is not just a first love story to Chaeyeon. She became a nightmare and she is haunting her every day and night. The Chaeyeon she knew before was a good and kind kid. She wants to see her bestfriend with someone else, finding her own happiness.

Saying about the happiness, Hyewon frowns. She is annoying with the teasing from firends that she is always forever alone type. Actually, they just didn't understand her. She is the type of person who wants to love one and only one. She doesn't want to date some random people then break up and date again. She treasures Love.

Love? She smiles herself and shakes her head. Why I am thinking about Love? Haha, funny. While she is thinking, the corner of her eye spots a tiny figure, carryng a lifebuoy and walking around. The hooker girl? The one she met at the bar?

She is tying her hair in ponytail, but her body is still recognizable. Hyewon is just staring at the short milky legs of hers which are shining under the red short she is wearing. Hyewon finds that hse is somehow cute and she stands up from the seat before she notices.

She walks to the girl and about to call but the girl seems she doesn't notices Kang-chan.

" Hey."

Hyewon calls but the girl continues walking. Hyewon is following her in a fast pace and she fails to notice the sign "Slippery" and she suddenly slips and falls into water.

* Bloom *

" Oh, someone is drowning!!!!! "

People shouts and Eunbi sees someone falling down into water. She blows her whistle and jumps into the water to save the drowning person.

" Oh!! Oh!!! "

The person is moving all four limbs of hers and Eunbi can't pull her easily. Euni closes her eys and she hits the person's face as hard as she can.

" Stay still! "

* Slap *

The person seems shocked and she becomes passed out in her arms. Eunbi puts the llifebuoy on her body and she pushes her to the safe place. She pulls up the drowning girl with the help of the men around but to her horror, the girl is not breathing.

" Aish."

Eunbi tries to removes the hair strands on her face. Huh? She knows this girl. She is the rude customer from her bar. Eunbi's face turns dark and she is not about to save her. But how can she let her die? Eunbi sighs and she starts doing CPR. She presses her chest for 30 times and now, she only has to blow two times into .

Eunbi bites her lip but it seems she has no choice. She inhales and pinches the girl's nose, then she leans in and blows some air into . Her lips are too soft and covered with a little sweetnesss from the lipstick she is wearing. How bad words can come out from that beautiful lips? But Eunbi can't think to solve this problem right now.

" Omo! "

" Hyewon-ah."

It seems her friends reach but Eunbi can't give them a . She is busy to save the girl. But when she is about to blow for second times, the girl starts coughing non-stop and breathes again. Eunbi sighs and she sits on the ground, talking a short rest.

" Hyewon-ah, are you ok? "

Here friends are taking care of her so Eunbi decides to leave the spot. She doesn't want a thank you from that girl. She stands up and walks away from the scene. The people around them also start to mind own business.

Yena is helping Hyewon to stand up but Hyewon looks at Yuri who is giggling by herself. And she frowns.

" What's so funny? I was nearly to die."

" Hyewon-ah, she took your first kiss."

" What! "

Hyewon widens her eyes. Her precious first kiss was stolen by a callgirl? This is no way! And she runs after the bar girl who is already far from them.

" Wait."

Eunbi turns around and sees Kang Hyewon, standing there, her body is all soaked and she even look like a mouse in the rain.

" What do you want? "

" Ummmm..."

Hyewon doesn't know what to say. She is rubbing the nape of her neck and just staring at Eunbi. This is too unfair for me. How can she steal my first kiss? She is thinking. And she also doesn't know how to say it to Eunbi.

Since she is saying nothing, Eunbi rolls her eyes and walks away.

" Wait."

Hyewon shouts and she grabs Eunbi by the wrist and stops her. Eunbi gives her a glare as a response. Hyewon doesn't know what to do and she takes out her wallet from her pocket.

" Here. Take it."

" What? "

" You want money, right? You love money, I know. Take it."

" Geez, I should have left you in the water."

Eunbi said and she shoves Hyewon's hand away. And she walks away from Hyewon immediately in anger.

" Yah! Yah!! Hey, gir!!! AIsh! "

Hyewon is left at the spot while messing up with her wet hair while Eunbi is feeling angry as well as sad at the same time. Life is so cruel to poor people like her.

The rich always see them like money lovers. They can't even say a Thank you properly without giving money? She smiles bitterly and before she notices, a single tear runs down on her cheek. But luckily to her, she is all wet and no one gives a damn to a crying security girl.

She suddenly remembers the kind girl who told her that there will be sunshine after the rain. When will she get the sunshine?