Chapter 3

The Pleiades

This place is really beautiful.

Rail Im aka Im Nayeon thinks as she is walking on the streets of Busan. She is dragging her luggage along with her. She is wearing a white dress of knee length which has flower pattern prints. She is also wearing a big hat and a scarf around her neck. In her hand, her favorite pink camera is capturing all the beautiful scenes she sees, playing its best part of being Nayeon's best friend.

" Finally, my dream has come true."

She thinks. And she is smiling to herself while she enjoys the beauty of the surrounding. She spent the whole day to capture the Busan scenes and it is almost 6PM when she finally realize that she should go back to her hotel. She checks the Google map and finds out that she can get back to her hotel from the other way without turning and so she decided to go by the new path.

" Wow."

While she was walking, she saw an abondoned old building from a far. She becomes curious and decides to go nearer.

" It seems it was burnt."

She thinks. And she decides to take some photos. Well, everything antique is deserved to be photographed and posted on social media, right?

" Hmmm, there is someone inside."

Suddenly, Nayeon thinks she saw a shadow inside the house. It doesn't seeem like someone is living in the house. A ghost? She thinks and her spine shivers.

" This is my chance. If I could take the photo of the ghost, wow, this will be really fun to show it to the world."

She is smirking to her own thought and she then comes closer to the house. She peeks inside by the door but there is really no one inside. Hmmm, what is it?

she decides to go inside and slowly enters the house, making sure that the ghost will not know that she is coming in. But, to her surprise, she saw a group of men talking in one broken room which seems it had been a living room. What are these people?

She raises her camera and takes focus on the men. She notices a man with a mask who is sitting on the chair in the middle. One of the men gives him a suitcase and the man beside him tales it. He signals him to open and Nayeon notices the Omega like tattoo on his forearm.

* Click *

She quickly takes a photo. There is a lot of money inside the case and the man stand up. He gives his bow to the masked man and Nayeon is wise enough to take photos of them.

* click click click * 

" What sound is it? "

One of the men said and Nayeon is froze at the spot. She doesn't dare to make a sound. But the men seem they are not stupid too. One of the men walks towards her direction and Nayeon doesn't know what to do. It's now or never. She thinks and she quickly stands up, making everyone in the room to see her.

" What are you doing? "

" She has a camera. She is taking our photos."

" Get her!!! "

They run to her and Nayeon widens her eyes. She drops her luggage in fear and start to run away as fast as she can for her life as they look like they will eat her alive if they catch her. There are about five men running after her and Nayeon feels like she is in some K-drama.  And she only needs her savior now.

" Oh."

She was suddenly grabbed by her arm by someone and dragged into the dark narrow side street, while she is running for her life.

" This way."

The person says. Is he one of the bad guy? But if he is a bad guy, he may not pull her and run. She is dragging her by her arm along the narrow street before they reach to the other side of the street. And there she sees a car with the police siren parking. Oh, he is a police.

Wait. This is not a he. This is a she. She is just tall and with short hair making her alike to a boy.

" THERE SHE IS!!! " 

The guys who are following her appear and they are running towards them now. Before Nayeon can react, the police pushes her inside the car as she also jumps into and starts the engine.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                                         xxx                                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

" Nae unnie, I got it. Don't worry about me."

Jeongyeon hangs up the phone and she focus her attention back to the gate of the hotel. They have a news that the Viper, which is the nickname of a man they are chasing after and she finally ends up in Busan to follow him. He is suspected for selling illegal drugs but they can't get him easily as they can show no evidence. Plus she has a strong belief that there may be someone powerful at the back.  She volunteering comes today's mission alone as they wanted Viper not finding out about them following after him.

She is waiting in her car with a coffee cup, staying under cover and patiently waiting for Viper to come out. She becomes boring and browses her internet, reading some random news. Well, actually, the news doesn't seem interesting. About Irene accepting a new melodrama which will definitely a hit, about a famous Japan bag company making a branch in Korea, about weather more and more hot these day, blah blah blah.

At that time, she sees that the man she is chasing comes out from the hotel and walks to his car. Ok, mission starts. Jeongyeon carefully drives after him and to her surprise, he is heading to a familiar place to her. She becomes nervous and sweaty as she drives to the specific location. Their old house.

" What the hell is he doing here? 

She thinks while he is parking his car in a street at the back of their house. He looks to and fro and making sure that no one is watching before he enters into her old house by the back door. Jeongyeon frowns and she comes out of the car, putting the police siren on the roof for emergency, getting ready her gun in her right pocket of her coat, and going closer to the house.

" . I really hate the feeling."

The past is running as a flashback in her head as she reaches closer. She shakes her head and keeping herself calm down. She is on a mission and she must do it. Fighting, I can do it! She decides to go to the front door and takes a look as she doesn't want to be caught by Viper.

" Ummm."

She suddenly sees a figure coming inside to the burnt house by the front door. What is she doing? She looks like a traveller. She is pulling her lauggage in her hand.

The girl is holding a camera in her hand and she is super curious with what she is seeing. Oh my god! What is she trying to do?

While Jeongyeon is thinking, the girl disappears from her sight as she enters the house. Jeongyeon doesn't know what to do. Should she follow inside? Aish, this is really an emergency situation. Ok, I follow. She thinks and she is about to enter the house when she hears a loud scream.

" Ahhhhhhhhhhh, help me."

And she sees the camera girl running out from the house following by five men who are wearing black suits. She is in trouble as I have expected. Jeongyeon thinks and she quickly follows them from the narrow streets beside the main road on which the girl is running like a fool. Jeongyeon waits for the best moment before she pulls the girl by the arm and dragged her inside the narrow streets.

The girl seems surprised by her but she is not stupid enough to fight Jeongyeon back. Plus she is much taller than the small curious girl. Jeongyeon takes her to her car and the girl's face lit up when she sees her car. Thanks to herself to put the siren on the roof.

" THERE SHE IS!!! '

At that time, the men appear from nowhere and they run towards them. Jeongyeon pushes the girl inside the car and she starts the engine, drives off as fast as she can.

" Yah! What the hell are you doing? You can be dead."

" So what!!! "

Jeongyeon yells and she yells back. Jeongyeon furrows her eyebrows and she looks at the girl from head to toe.

" I think you are from foreign. You look like a tourist."

" Yes, I am. I am Korean but I was born in Italy. I had a summer vacation so I decided to come here and withness the beautiful scenes of South Korea which I have seen in K-drama. I am a big K-drama fan."

" Ummmm, ok? "

Jeongyeon takes some time to absorb what the girl is saying non-stop. Wow, she really is something.

" Are you a police? "

" Yes, actually, I am a detective. But yes, I am here to chase the guys you are messing up with. I am Yoo Jeongyeon, by the way. What's yours? "

" Rail Im."

" Ray Im? "

" No, it's Rail Im. Forget it. Call me Im Nayeon. That's my Korean name."

" Arasso, Im Nayeon-sshi. Now, you have to come with me to our head quarter. You have become an important withness."

She said and Nayeon nods her head. Jeongyeon turns the car on the road back to Seoul and she asks.

" What do you see inside? "

" I saw a group of people. One of the man with a strange tattoo gave a box of money to the ugly guy with long hair."

Jeongyeon knows that that long hair guy is Viper. But she becomes interested in something else.

" A man with a strange tattoo? "

" Yes, oh, I have taken several photos of them. You wanna see? "

" of corse! "

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon looks into her camera monitor. She seaches for a few photos and extends her hand to Jeongyeon to see.

" This one."

" What the! "

Jeongyeon is nearly stepping on the brake in excitement as she sees the tattoo. The Omega one on the forearm. As she is familiar with. What is happening?

" Are you alright? "

* bang bang *

Jeongyeon is about to answer the question when they hear big bangs and the back mirror of their car is broken. Nayeon is scared and the camera in her hand drops on the floor of the ar while her body is thrown to the car door.

" ! "

Jeongyeon sees a car following them from behind. Damn, they are in a trouble. She quickly starts the siren and speeds up to get away from the car.

" Hang on."

Jeongyeon warns the Italy girl who is now freaking out with wide eyes staring at the front.

* Bang Bang *

" ! They are shooting. Lower your head."

Jeongyeon drives as fast as she can and lucky to her, she can see a police gate in front. Okay. 

And the car following them seem to notice it too. It stops and soesn't follow them anymore. Jeongyeon makes sure to make it get lost to their car and she drives passed the gate while the duty police gives a salute to her.

" You were near to kill both of us!! "

Nayeon said and Jeongyeon glares at her.

" I just saved you from being killed!!! ."

" Shut up! Wait, where Is my camera? "

Nayeon becomes worried and she searches for the camera. Jeongyeon becomes worried too as it becomes an evidence. 

" Found it."

Nayeon picks up the camera from the floor but her face darkens suddenly.

" Whar happened? "

" I can't open it. OMG. It has broken."

" What!!!!!!!!! "

Jeongyeon shouts. She drives quickly to her Head quarter and give the evidence to her leader as soon as she reaches to there.

" You did a great job."

" Yes, leader, I know. And I need to recover this camera as fast as possible. It has the evidence."

" Okay. I will order it. And who is she? "

" Oh, she is the withness. Rail Im aka Im Nayeon, a Korean but born in Italy, now a tourist."

" Nice to meet you."

" Nice to meet you, too."

The Leader, Park Jihyo and Nayeon shake their hands. And Jihyo leans to Jeongyeon and whispers.

" What the hell is she doing in your work? "

" It is a long story. Save it for tomorrow. Now, I am tired of being shot from behind. I am going home. Bye Leader."

Jeongyeon said and she walks out of the office. And she senses that someone is following her and she turns around to see Nayeon following her.

" Why you following me? "

" I have nowhere to go. My passport is gone. My money is gone."

Nayeon said and Jeongyeon frowns. 

" Well, the office will take care of your stay. Leave me alone now."

Jeongyeon said and she starts walking again. But she knows Nayeon is following her. What does she want? "

" What now? "

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!! "

Her two partners, Rose and Jisoo come out from the office and she glares at them.

" What? "

" You have another order. The leader said that she wants you to take care of the withness' security for a while since she will remake her passport as soon as she can."

" WHAT? "

Jeongyeon shouts and looks at Nayeon in fear. The later just raises her eyebrows and smirks.

" Good luck with your mission."

" Yes, she is hot."

" And cute."

" Shut up."

Jeongyeon said under her breathe while Rose is giggling and Jisoo winks at her. She ignores he crazy friends and turns to smirking Nayeon.

" Follow me."

" Fine. Go ahead."

Nayeon said as she totally like the idea of being in a mess like this. Well, she is feeling like she is in some K-drama. Now, she even has a bodyguard.

Jeongyeon drives quietly as she is too tired and pissed off. They finally reach at the apartment where Jeongyeon live with her sister. Jeongyeon sighs and she opens the door with her key in her pocket. 

" Jeongyeonie? You are coming back, I didn't expected."

" Yeah, unnie. Business finished too early. Come in."

And she turns around and tells Nayeon. Chorong furrows her eyebrows at the stranger.

" Who is she? "

" Nice to meet you, unnie. I'm Im Nayeon. Yoo Jeongyeon-sshi will explain to you everything. Can you please show me where I can shower as I am dying to take a bath? "

Clueless Chorong points to the spare room of their house and Nayeon enters happily.

" This woman! "

Jeongyeon can only let out a sigh as she was too tired today and her head is messy with many thoughts.

So, the man with the Omega tattoo appeared again after 12 years? 

 

 

 

 

xxx.                                                       xxx.                                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" Guys, ain't you feel hot? "

" No, Why? "

" Because of my hottness."

" Geez."

Dahyun rolls her eyes in disbelief while Sana is looking herself in the hand-mirror. She doesn't care Dahyun is shaking her head.

" I wonder why a person can be beyond perfect. I will definitely date myself if I can. I mean where I can find someone as perfect as me? "

" Sana-chan, stop talking and work."

" LOL, the sleepyhead is more dutiful than you."

Dahyun said and Sana pouts while she whispers 'you meanie" at MoMo. There are the secretary team of the CEO and of course, they have many works to do. But Sana is busy with her self-compliments after every thirty minutes she has worked. At that time, someone walks into their office and looks around, finding someone to ask.

" What a cute puppy! Mommy is here."

Sana said and she flips her hair, showing her stunning beauty before she walks to the stranger. She gives her infamous super cute smile and greets.

" Hello, what can I help you? "

" Are you..."

" Oh, I am CEO's senior secretry, Sana. What can I help you? "

The stranger looks at her with stony face, What? Doesn't her beauty make her smile? 

" I am looking for your CEO. Tell her Son Chaeyoung is here to meet, please."

" Ok, get it."

Sana said cheerfully and she walks to her table and makes a call.

" Nae, Miss. There is a person named Son Chaeyoung looking for you. Hei. Hei. I got it, Miss."

She hangs up and smiles at Chaeyoung.

" You can go in."

" Thank you."

Chaeyoung said and she knocks on the door of the CEO's office before she opens and enters. Sana drops herself on the chair and kicks her chair towards Dahyun's.

" I didn't know our CEO has a friend who is really hotttt."

" Shut up and work please, Sana-chan. Your voice is so loud and even I can hear you."

MoMo who is sitting across the room said while her head is resting on the table, eyes half-closed and Dahyun bursts into laughter. Sana pouts and she resumes to checking herself in the mirror losing at her own beauty.

Chaeyoung enters the office  and she sees the CEO girl sitting at her desk. The woman stands up when she sees Chaeyoung and she extends her hand to her.

" Thanks for coming, Lawyer Son."

" Well, your proposal is not a bad one."

" Please have a seat."

Mina leads her to the sofa sets and they sit down. 

" Can I come in? "

A faint knock is heard and they see Sana at the door with a tray in her hand.

" Here is coffee for the visitor."

" Thanks, Sana-chan. Please have a taste, Lawyer Son."

" Thanks."

Sana makes a note to herself that the Son Chaeyoung is a Lawyer. And she reflects her smile before she goes out. Mina waits till Sana disappears and she starts.

" So, you are accepting my offer? "

" I think so. What is my work? I know for the company but you said that I would be your personal lawyer as far as I remember, right? "

" Yes, I said. I have my personal work for you apart from the usual company works."

" For? "

" Wait, at first I need to know if I can trust you."

Chaeyoung makes a smile.

" I am loyal to my profession. What I become if I can't my client's secret? Right? But this is up to you. You can decide."

Mina sighs. Chaeyoung is staring at the woman who is sitting in front of her with crossed legs and her hands on her thighs. She may have her confident personality but seems a little worried today.

" What do you think about me? "

Mina blurs out a question and Chaeyoung takes a breathe.

" Well, a successful chairwoman of a famous company, rich, beautiful, confident, and worried."

" Worried? "

" And I wonder why you can speak fluently Korean even if it is your first time here."

" Imm hmmm."

" And you have something in your mind, probably relating to the doctor we met before."

Chaeyoung said and Mina smiles a little.

" You really have keen eyes."

" So, am I right? "

" Yeah, and I need your help for this."

Mina sighs. It is her first time telling this story to someone.

" I came here not for company. I came here to investigate a case."

" a case? "

" Yes, and it was 12 years ago."

 

 

12 years ago...

My name is Kwon Mina, living  with my family. Well, they are not  blood-related to me. Our father was a kind man and he adopted all of us, giving us food, and letting us stay under his care. We had seven sisters, none of us were his real daughters but he loved us a lot. We lived in a normal house in a quiet place in Busan.

One night, our father called us and he told us a story. I was 11 at that time, so I barely understand his words. But I remembered what he said.

" Girls, I have something to tell you."

He seemed serious. The eldest sisters, Chorong and Joohyun come closer to him as he padded the space in front of him.

" You girls are turning 17 so you are not kids anymore. You need to know this."

" What is it, appa? "

" I was not an ordinary store owner in Busan. My life in Seoul is different."

" Yes? "

" Let's start that we have three friends. Me, Choi Jinho and Takasa Myoui."

He said and I thought he was stressed out.

" We made a company 10 years ago, an advertisement company, the Paradise. We tried hard and our company became successful. But Jinho  became unaired with us as he wanted to make money more. He even did many works out of law and we fought. Finally, me and Takasa decided to part ways with him and we left the company."

And he took out a brown envelope from his drawer and gave it to unnies.

" I had 10% of shares as my own and Takasa had his 10%. We divided our ways and Takasa went back to his country. I moved to Busan and adopted you guys as I wanted a fresh start of a new life. Inside this, there are important papers of company and my 10% of share."

He paused for a few minutes. 

" A week ago, someone in Seoul told me that Jinho is now running a dark businesss with illegal drugs and he even made his own gang. And he had a plan to take my 10% share as he wanted to make sure his claim to the company."

" That's unfair."

" Yes, but it is also dangerous. I was afraid of them coming to me and take them from me. This is for your future. You take this too. My bank account. And if something happens, go to Seoul and looks for my friend, Do Kyungsoo. He is an old emoployee at the company and also is a trusted friend. Here is his address."

" Appa, what about you? "

" I will try to talk to him. I have something to deal with him."

He said.

 

 

Mina pauses and she takes a glance at Chaeyoung who is listening carefully to her.

" So, you actually are a Korean? That explains why you have a wonderful ascent."

"  Yes, it's true."

" Okay, there Is still no case you are referring."

" It was one peaceful evening..."

 

 

It was one peaceful evening in summer. We were playing hide and seek when Appa is making dinner. 

" Everyone is found. But where Mina? "

I heard Eunji unnie is complaining and laughing quietly, not letting them to hear me.

" I wonder where did Mina hide. We can't never find her."

Its's true. I was very good at hiding. I had my own secret place to hide and I won't let them to find out. 

* Ding Dong *

Suddenly, we all learn the bell. Appa ran out from the kitchen and he stopped Eunbi unnie who was about to go and open the door. He wishpered to unnies.

" Rong-ah, take the kids to the back door. And wait  there. If something happens, just run. Okay? "

I saw unnie's face turned white so does Appa.

* Ding Dong Ding Dong *

The bell rang again and unnies left. I was frozen at the spot and didn't know what to do. Suddenly, Appa appeared in front of me and he handed me the brown envelope he showed us before.

" What are you doing, here? Take this and follow your sisters."

He said and I nodded quietly. But when I was about to come out from my hiding spot, the door was kicked opened making aloud noise.

" Wait here and don't go anywhere."

He whimpered and walked into the living room. I peeked from the narrow opening from my hiding place and saw a group of men, wearing black. A long hair guy grabbed Appa's collar and said something but I couldn't hear. But he was stopped by someone and I saw two men joined the party. One is around Appa's age and the other is a man of around late 20.

I watched as they were talking but I couldn't hear a thing. Suddenly, my eyes widen when the man pullled out a gun and aimed at Appa. And I noticed something strange. He had an Omega shaped tattoo on his forearm. I was worried for Appa but I was too scared and just grabbed the enveloped in my hand tightly.

And the rest happened in slow motion. Appa suddenly tries to pushed the man with the gun and he pulled the trigger. The sound of the shot was echoing in my ear. I was shocked. And stared at the blood stained on my Appa's chest as he fell down on the floor. His eyes were looking at my direction and I bought he wanted me to run. But I didn't dare to move.

The man seemed he was shocked to. He dropped the gun and fell down on the floor while the older man is trying to pick him up on the floor. He was shaking from head to toe and the man said his men to search this place for the papers and the kids and after that, destroy the evidences and he left the scene with trembling man in his arm.

I watched with tears falling down on my cheeks while they were searching everywhere in the house. But luckily to me, I was great at hiding and no one seemed to notice me. Finally, they found nothing and decided to destroy the evidence. The long hair guy ordered his men to burn this place down to ashes and he left, giving a kick to my Appa's body on the ground.

They left after that and I waited for a few minutes before I came out from the place I was hiding alll the time. To my horror, the house is filled with black smokes and I found out that they had burnt the house. I ran to the door but a huge fire rose, sending me back in fear. I was left alone in fire, crying. No voice coming from my mouth as I was scared to death. Where are my unnies and Dongsengs? They might be looking for them. Would they be safe? And what bout me? Was I going to die? 

I was thinking and fell down on the floor. I was about to passed out when I saw someone running to me, picking me up from the floor, saying non-stop that he was sorry for being late. I was carried to outside and then, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was in a hotel room and there he was, Mr.Takasa Myoui, Appa's friend from Japan.

He said that he received a phone call from Appa yesterday and he came immediately to take the family to the safety. But it seemed he was late. He took me with him secretly as we both knew the men were looking for us outside. We stayed at the hotel for the whole day and we searched for the sisters after that.

To my horror, we had no clue about them. They are nowhere to be found in Busan. I remembered about the friend named Do kyoungsoo that Appa mentioned and we even checked on him. But he was quitter his job already and also sold his house. And he was disappeared too. And the police investigated Appa's case as accidental fire outbreak and closed the case. We finally had to give up and Mr.Takasa took me with him. As he also had no child, he adopted me as his own daughter and I became Mina Myoui.

 

 

 

Mina ends her story.

" I came back to find my sister as well as to bring justice to Appa."

Chaeyoung nods her head.

" And I guess you have found one already."

She said and Mina raises one of her eyebrow in impressment.

" Wow."

And she nods.

" Yes, after my arrival, I first went to Busan and made some researches.You know, it is very easy to get informations if you haves enough money. I found out that Eunji unnie was adopted by a family in Busan and she became a doctor. And it was not too difficult to find ther place where she works. For the others, I have no clue where they are."

" Why don't you just go and greet your sister? "

" It is not that easy. I don't want my enemy to find out who I really am before I can get enough evidence of them. And I don't want my sister to be in danger."

" The Paradise, huh? "

" Yes, they are. I heard that Choi JInho had and he was in hospital since last year. Now, his son, Choi Minho, is taking his place, and I bet he is the one who shot my father."

" So, what is my part here? "

" I want you to be our company's lawyer in light. But you will have to help me to find my sisters as well as the evidence to kick Choi Minho's towards jail's door,"

" It will be not easy."

" I know, so I am seeking for the best Lawyer in Seoul."

Chaeyoung raise her eyebrow. Mina smirks and she gives her hand.

" So, you agree, Lawyer Son? "

Chaeyoung thinks for a few seconds. This will be like a challenge but she likes challenges. Plus this case is interesting. She flashes a sweet smile from her strawberry like lips and takes Mina's hand.

" Alright, I am in."

And they smile together.