Chapter 9

The Pleiades

" Nayeon-ah, I'm going to work."

" Nae."

Nayeon who has been staying with Chorong and Jeongyeon becomes part of their family. Jeongyeon has work so she has left the house since morning. Only Chorong and Nayeon is left and so Chorong has to take care of the witness girl for her sister.

She tells the younger girl to stay at home and not open the door for the strangers before she goes. Nayeon said Yes, Yes, Yes for everthing and Chorong finally goes to work.

* car brake *

When she gets out from the main door of the building, a car stops by her and the mirror goes down.

" Unnie! "

" Oh, Bbom-ah."

Chorong is surprised to see Bomi in front of her house. And her face turns red as she feels butterflies on her stomach. Bomi comes down from the car and she opens the door for Chorong.

" Let's go to work togoether."

" What if people see us? "

" Don't worry, they won't. Even if they do, we can use some make up stories."

Bomi said and she pushes Chorong inside the car. The older girl really likes the idea of going work together but she is worried about what others will think about her when they find out that she has a 'relation' with their manager. Well, she doesn't know she should call this as a relation but she feels like it is so right to be with Bomi 

It feels like they have that kind of sparkle between them. Yoon Bomi is not even her friend a week ago, but now, she is like they have known each other for years. She feels that way. And she really hopes that Bomi will feel the same.

" Unnie, what are you thinking."

" Nothing."

" Hehehhe. Your eyebrows are arching like angry bird. You are thinking about something, serioulsy."

Bomi said while she copycats Chorong's thinking expression. But she is the one who actually looks like angry bird. Chorong thinks and she is giggling by herself which makes Bomi to be curious more.

" Wae unnie, tell meeeee!!! "

" Haha, no way! "

Chorong is teasing the younger girl and Bomi slaps on her arm lightly. Chorong is laughing hard and her body is shaking to and fro, hitting to Bomi's side numeous time. Bomi is grinning as she liks the closeness between Chorong and her. They are like real couple. And her grin becomes bigger with her own thought about Couple.

" Alright alright. Don't laugh too hard. We are close to the company."

Chorong ties to calm down the younger girl as her worry enters into her mind again. She is just at the start in the company. She still doesn't have a chance to get closer to the owner of the company, Choi Minho. She must not make any mistake. She doesn't want any rumor about her with their manager.

Bomi stops the car in the parking lot and she is about to go out of the car but Chorong stops her.

" Wait, Bbom-ah. I'll go first. You follow after 5minutes. Ok? "

" Ummm? Is it necessary? "

" I don't want people say bad things about us at our back."

Chorong said.

" And we are just friend. But they will not believe us, right? Rumors are scary and they will kill your reputation."

Chorong said and she leaves the car first. Bomi is hurt by her words. Yeah, they are just friends. What does she expect? Park Chorong sees her as a funny little sister at work who is clingy to her. Damn!! Bomi thinks and she angrily hits the steering wheel. And she takes her bag and comes out from the car.

The whole morning, her face is as hard as rock and she doesn't have any mood to work. It feels like her day has been ruined. 

* Knock Knock Knock *

" Manager, the meeting is ready to start."

" I'm coming."

Bomi said and she looks at Chorong's desk from the opened door. The older girl is standing up from her seat and she is chatting with others like normal. What? She is all acting normal and I am the only one who has been on fire? Damn, this is too unfair. Bomi thinks. But she shakes her head and tries to remove the thoughts and she takes her coat before she comes out from her office and heads to the meeting room.

The meeting is about the same topic. They have to make a Korean version CF for the famous Japan Bag Company. And Bomi is still with her thought of hiring Irene as their main. Though this idea came first from Chorong, she really likes the idea without personal feelings. Irene is the South Korea icon and if they can take her in, their project will be successful.

" But the problem is she will never accept our offer. She doesn't do CF things."

" Should I give a try? "

Bomi shifts her gaze to Chorong who said all of a sudden with her cute little voice.

" I mean I want to give a try. I will go meet her directly and ask her to be our model."

" This will be like wasting time. She will not accept you."

" But trying is not bad. Let's give a try. I will go with Chorong-sshi."

Kim Suho said while raisng his hand and everyone look at Bomi, waiting for her answer. Bomi is hurt again by seeing how Chorong smiles at Suho and she whispers Thank you for staying on her side. If he can get this kind of things with you, why I can't? I am trying my best to close to you but all you want is us to be secret friends. This is too unfair.

" Manager? "

She is taken back to the reality by her assistant. Bomi sighs and she tries to smile.

" I really love the idea of taking Irene as our model. Why not try? Go ahaead. I will wait for the good news."

" Thank you." 

Chorong said as she bows Bomi. And she is now giggling with Suho while giving high five. Bomi sighs and she turns her head to other side as she does not want to see any of these. Aish, what's wrong with me? She thinks and she decides to give up finally. She ends the meeting and comes back to her office, sitting at her chair, lifelessly.

What is happening? Am I jealous? Even if we are nothing, I was thinking like we are something special. I was so wrong. She closes her eyes and leans on the chair. 

At that time, she suddenly feels fingers touching her forehead and messaging slowly and lightly.

" Are you feeling unwell? Are you having a headache? "

Bomi is frozen when she hears the familiar voice. She doesn't dare to open her eyes as she doesn't know how she will react when she sees the angelic face looking her from above.

" I'm sorry. I know I went too far."

Chorong whispers. Her fingers ae still messaging and Bomi gulps. Stop that touch, unnie.

" So, I bring a cup of coffee for you. Please take it and accept my apology."

Chorong said while she is moving away herself from Bomi. Bomi dares herself to opens her eyes and she looks at Chorong who is now standing in front of her table with pleasing face. How can Bomi stay angry to that woman?

" Alright. I understand. Stop doing that face."

" Haha, thank you."

Chorong said and she pushes the coffee cup towards Bomi more.

" Take it."

Bomi bites her lip, trying her best not to laugh. Chorong knows that the younger girl is no longer angry so she decides to go now.

" Now, you are ok, so I will go back to work. People might think what I am doing in manager's room. See ya later, Bbom-ah."

Bomi shakes her head and said nothing while Chorong skips her way out of the room. Bomi sighs and she takes a sip of coffee. It's bittesrsweet.

Like their relation. Sometimes, it is sweet. But sometimes, it is bitter like hell. She knows Chorong likes her presence in her life too yet the older girl doesn't want to show it to the world.

She thinks she needs to do somethng about this.

 

 

 

 

xxx.                                xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

 

 

" I'm home!!!!! "

Jeongyeon shouts and she enters the house. She comes back home early as she wants her alone time with Nayeon before Chorong comes back. She likes teasing that short girl a lot.

She takes off her shoes and grins while thinking of how to tease Im Nayeon Project No.2. She looks around the house and looks for Nayeon but the girl is nowhere to be seen.

" Is she in her room? But isn't it the time for her drama? Why she is not watching? "

She is thinking and finally she decides to give a check on Nayeon's room. She knocks on the door but there is still no response. Huh? Is she sleeping?

Jeongyeon decides to take a peek. She slowly opens the doorknob and peeks inside. Huh? There is no Nayeon inside, too. Is she showering? But she doesn't hear the water sound.

Then, Nayeon is missing!!!!!!!

She widens her eyes and runs out to the living room. She is missing. She is missing. Where is she? Someone took her? Was she killed? She searches for clues but there is no sign of struggle or break in.

Then where is she? She takes out her phone and dials to Chorong.

" Unnie."

" Wae Jeongyeonie? "

" Did Nayeon tell you she is going somewhere? "

" No. Why? "

" Ummmmmm, nothing unnie. Don't worry. I'm just asking. I was afraid she would go out by herself."

" Ok. Are you going home? "

" Yes? Yes, I am! "

" Safe driving, sis. I love you."

" Nae."

Jeongyeon hangs up and she sighs. So, Chorong doesn't know where Nayeon is. Where the is that woman?? Aish!

She is thinking about calling to the headquarter and ask for help but she cancels it by herself as she doesn't want to bother others before she knows Nayeon is really missing or not.

Finally, she decides to look for the girl by herself. She takes her jacket and comes out from their house. She looks around for surrounding but there is no sign of her.

Wait! 

Jeongyeon notices someone in the playground  nearby while walking back to their house. That figure is wearing a huge hat, a mask is covering her face, she is even wearing sunglasses. But her short legs can't lie  to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon bites her lip and she runs to the girl who is enjoying her play on the swing.

" Yah!!!! "

" Oh My God! Yoo Jeongyeon!! What are you doing here? Why you came back home early? "

" Awww. You are sneaking out before we came back. Huh? Do you know how dangerous it is for you!!! "

Jeongyeon shouts as she is too furious to talk nicely. She was too worried for the girl and the later seems she doesn't care. She even removes her mask and sunglasses.

Jeongyeon looks at the short woman with a glare but Nayeon returns her with puppy eyes filled with ageyo. Her lips curl up and she is now smirking again. Seriously?

" Why are you smirking at me? You have done nothing good."

" You were worried for me."

Nayeon said and Jeongyeon shuts up . Her face turns red at once but she replies.

" No. You.. You were missing when I came back home. And I have my duty of protecting you. Umm.. and I don't want to be a bad police. So I- "

" Why are you stuttering? "

Nayeon asks her in a teasing way and Jeongyeon just wants to disappear at that spot. She clears and changes the subject.

" Why you went outside? "

" Push me."

But Nayeon ignores her and she orders her to push the swing for her. Jeongyeon rolls her eyes but she pushes the swing gently. Nayeon happily answers.

" I was bored. Chorong unnie and you are always at work and I don't want to be alone. I thought coming outside a bit is not harmful. I am sorry."

She uses her cute voice again. Aish, this woman. What does she want?

" But what is wrong with your clothes? "

" Oh, I took precaution so that no one will recognize me. The bad people had my passport and visa so they definitely know me. I need to cover my face so I borrowed Chorong unnie's stuffs for a few minutes."

Nayeon answers and Jeongyeon stops pushing the swing. Nayeon jumps from the swing and she stands up in front of Jeongyeon.

" Fine. I will let go of you this time. Next time, I will take you to the head quarter and put you behind the bars. Understand? "

She uses the firm tone and Nayeon lowers her head in sadness as the Police is now scolding her. Jeongyeon sighs.

" Tell me next time if you want to go outside. Going out alone is too dangerous. I will come with you."

Nayeon's face lits up and she jumps in joy.

" Yoo Jeongyeon, you are the best!!!! "

" Go away! "

Nayeon shows her bunny like teeth and she is giggling like a young girl while trying to link her arm with Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon pretends to jerk her away but she just let the shorter girl to do as she likes. 

Aish, this woman...

 

 

 

 

xxx                                         xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

Eunbi is busy at her bar like always. She is working like a busy bee until someone tags her arm and calls.

" Eunbi-ah, Room 5 is asking for you."

" I have told you I won't do that kind of things again, Manager."

" I know but they are all girls. They just want someone to sing with them. They are not harmful. Just go in and get your money."

He said while padding her arm. Eunbi sighs and she takes off her apron. Her jean is torn a little and her shirt is tight but she thinks it is neat enough to go into customers' room. She knocks on the door and enters. Though the manager said that it is all girls room, the strong alcohol smell is welcoming Eunbi.

She walks to the table and she is surprised to see the annoying rude girl who keeps coming to her, bothering her and changing her life upside down. The girl is drunk already. She is looking at Eunbi with red eyes and she pads the space beside her.

" Yah, Kwon Eunbi. What are you doing? Come and sit."

" You asked me on purpose, right? "

" Yes, I am the customer here and I have my right to ask you to sit with me. Come. Come. Come here."

" Yah, Kang Hyewon."

The friend beside her tries to calm her down but she stops her with her palm. That nice girl is always nice to Eunbi unlike her friend. But why she looks sad? She is staring at nowhere and just drinking. Eunbi remembers what the nice girl called the rude annoying girl. What is it? Kang Hyewon? It's none of my business. Eunbi is thinking but she is disturbed by Kang Hyewon again. She stands up and pulls Eunbi by the wrist and makes her sit beside her.

" What do you want? "

Hyewon smirks and she takes out some cash from her pocket. She puts the money in front of Eunbi.

" Stay with me and fill the glass for me."

" That's all? "

Hyewon nods and Eunbi sighs. Then she takes the bottle and pours into the glass in front of Hyewon. Hyewon takes the glass and finishes it in one shot. Aigoo, this girl will pass out soon if she continues drinking like this. Eunbi looks around the room and she sees other two friends of Kang Hyewon girl who are busy with each other's face.

What's wrong with these people?

Hyewon on the other hand is angry too. Why she keeps working here? And she even came into their room for money. This Kwon Eunbi is really into her nerve. She just drinks whatever Eunbi gives her and she thinks she will lose her self control soon.

" I'm going to toilet."

She stands up and said, making everyone in the room to look at her. Hyewon's body is a little shaking and she is trying to keep her balance. The nice girl also stands up and she is about to hold onto Hyewon's arm but Eunbi stops her.

" I'll go with her."

" Are you sure? "

" Yes."

" Alright. Thank you."

Eunbi bows and she pulls Hyewon by the arm and takes her to the toilet. Hyewon is somehow happy as Eunbi is taking care of her but she also doesn't like that what if Eunbi is nice to every customer and this whole thing is just service giving.

" I can walk by myself."

Hyewon said finally and she washes her face with the cold water, trying to refresh herself. Her vision becomes more clear and she looks at the waitress girl from the big mirror in front of her. Eunbi is crossing her arms while leaning back on the wall and staring her back from the mirror.

What does this girl really want? She seems she is a rich brat. What she really want from a girl like me? Eunbi is busy thinking while looking at Hyewon. She has pretty face, tanned skin which is attractive, tall height, she looks younger than Eunbi. Well, in one word, she is Perfect. What does a perfect girl want from me? She really can't understand.

" Kwon Eunbi."

Hyewon calls her. Eunbi tries to use the poker face as she doesn't want this girl to know that she is curious about her.

" Kwon Eunbi, you have your responsibility to me."

" Umm? "

" You stole my first kiss and you need to take responsibilty for this."

Eunbi looks at her with 'are you serious' look but the younger girl seems she is not that much drunk now. So, she was really telling the truth the last time she visited? That's all because of that stupid first kiss?

" Look, Kang Hyewon, I don't know why it is very important for you but it is not a kiss to me. I saved you from dying. That's all. So, please leave me alone. Ok? "

Eunbi said and Hyewon is just staing at her. She then moves closer to Eunbi without breaking their eye contact. Eunbi feels scared all of a sudden but she doesn't want to show it to her so she doesn't break the gaze war.

Hyewon slams her hand at the wall beside Eunbi, making the smaller girl jumps in fear. She traps Eunbi between her arms, and they are now face to face without breaking the eye contact.

" But I do care. I care all about things related to you. I know I am nothing to you but you are in my head all the time."

She said and Eunbi furrows her eyebrows. This girl seems serious. But they can't be. She shouldn't think in this way.

" I don't want you to work here. I - I don't like it. I don't know how to explain but I really don't like you are working around drunken men."

" Stop it. You are also a drunken person. Let's stop and go back to your friends. I also have to go. I need to make money."

" Money again? YAH!!! Kwon Eunbi!!! "

Hyewon pulls the running away girl and she pushes her to the wall again.

" You really love money, huh? "

Her one hand searches in her pocket and she takes out some cash.

" Here. I have $100."

She shows the money to Eunbi and she leans towards the girl. Eunbi's eyes widen as she doesn't know what the younger girl would do. Hyewon is just staring at her with blank eyes and then she leans closer. Eunbi is scared and she closes her eyes.

Then she feels a warm touch on her forehead for a few seconds and it moves away after that. Eunbi slowly opens her eyes and she looks at Hyewon who is still staring at her.

She is about to say something but the younger girl removes herself from Eunbi. And she puts the money in Eunbi's hand.

" Here your money for this."

And she walks away. Eunbi is left at that spot like a statue. She is gripping on the money Hyewon gave her. Her heartbeat is racing like 200bpm at that time. She even feels like she has stopped her breathing.

This kiss. This forehead kiss. She can feel warmth and security from this. And she feels something else too. What is it? Desire? Longing? Or Love?

Eunbi sighs and she shakes her head. No, I can't daydream. She is too far away from me. She is like a star from the sky. She can see it but she can't reach to it. May be Kang Hyewon is her star, but she will never reach to her.

Eunbi puts the money that Hyewon gave her inside her pocket. She wipes the single tear which falls down on her face and she makes a smile, trying to cheer herself up.

This is the first time someone makes her feel like this. But she needs to bury all these feelings. She is not Cinderella and Kang Hyewon is not the Prince Charming. Sometimes, life is not a fairytale.

It is an endless nightmare.

 

 

 

A/N : sorry for the short chapter... You can ask any couple you want... hehehe... thanks for reading, my friends^^