Chapter 12 (Birthday Special)

The Pleiades

Chorong is still at her work. Although she can successfully make a date with Irene to accept their offer for the CF, there are still many things to do. Her whole team has to stay for overtime since they have to make plans for the details about the CF so that they will not disappoint the Myoui as well as Irene.

" It's almost midnight. Let's go back home."

Their team leader said and all clap in happiness. Everyone is tired already. They start to pack their things and get ready to go home. Chorong needs to finish the paper she has been working so she decides to finish it first before she goes home.

" Ain't you going home? "

" I will finish it first."

" Ok, don't stay too late."

" Nae."

Chorong shifts her head to side to side as she feels tired already. She takes a look at her watch and checks the time. It's already 11:50PM. This will be her birthday in 10 minutes. Well, this year birthday is better than the other years. She has found 4 sisters already and there are the 5 of them. They only need to look for Eunbi and Chaeyeon. I hope they are living well.

She shakes her head and continues her work. Her fingers are running on the keyboard in the flash pace and finally, she has finished the work. She stands up and extends her waist. Ah, my back's hurt. I'm getting old already. Chorong I thinking and laughing at her own thought.

At that time, she hears the alarm from her phone showing that it is already 12 midnight which means it is her birthday. Chorong is scared and freezes at that spot when the electricity suddenly goes off when it strikes 12 sharp. What is it? She opens her phone and makes flashlight on to keep her some light.

The office is quiet and she seems she is all alone in this big building. Oh, it's scary. I need to be quick. Chorong quickly grabs her things and puts them in her bag. And she is about tot leaves this place when she hears a noise from the door.

* door opens *

" Who's there? "

She asks but there is really no one. The door is just opened and Chorong uses her flashlight to see what's coming. Her heartbeat gets faster and faster as she becomes scared. At that time, she sees a light at the door, it is moving closer to her and Chorong's mouth wide open when she sees clearly what it is.

" Happy birthday! "

" Omo, Bbom-ah."

Bomi is carrying a cake in her hand while she is walking to her with a bright smile. Her cute little eyesmile is still visible in the dim light from the candles.

" Blow the candles. They're melting."

Chorong leans and she blows the candles, Bomi smiles and she whispers Happy Birthday again. Chorong Is staring at Bomi with a smile while the younger girl sits on the chair, putting the cake on the table. 

" How do you know it's my birthday? "

" Yah, unnie. I have your profile, of course, I know."

" Ah, maja."

Chorong is very pleased and touched by the small gesture that the manager girl has made for her.

" So you did switch off the light, huh? "

" Hehe sorry if I scared you."

" Yes, it nearly gave me heart attack."

Chorong makes a fake glare and she does switch on the light again. She walks back to Bomi who is still sitting at her chair and she raises her eyebrow.

" Ain't we going home? "

" Not yet."

Bomi smiles. And she reaches for Chorong's hand and holds it.

" What are you doing? "

Chorong asks with a playful tone and Bomi smiles too. She looks up at Chorong and suddenly spins the older girl and pulls towards her.

" Eerk "

Chorong lets out her dolphin scream and she falls on the younger girl's lap. Bomi is laughing as she wraps her arms around Chorong securely.

" Wae? You are scaring me all the time."

" Don't worry. I won't let you fall."

Bomi said. They are now too close to each other and Chorong can even feel how Bomi's heart is beating against her back. Oh, why is this happening? What is it?

" Bomi-ah, I have to go home."

" Let me give you a present first , Rong unnie."

" A present? "

" Yes. Please sit still."

Bomi uses her left hand to search in the pocket of her coat while her right hand is hugging around Chorong's waist, carefully balancing her not falling down. Then she pulls out her hand again and she shows it in front of Chorong's face.

" See, unnie."

She opens her hand and a necklace jumps off from her hand, banging in the air. There is a heart shaped pendant hanging in the necklace. 

" It's beautiful."

Chorong murmurs. Bomi puts her chin on the older girl's shoulder and she whispers.

" Can you please accept my present? "

Chorong knows what the younger girl actually means. She doesn't know what to do at that time. She badly want to be together with Bomi but some part of her is telling her that she shouldn't. Her life has been better but there are still more things to do. She needs to find the other lost sisters. She needs to deal with Paradise, too.

Bomi will be a barrier to her if she accepts her. She knows the younger girl is always supportive to her but she doesn't Bomi in this mess. She doesn't want another person to be suffered because of her.

" Unnie? "

" Bbom-ah, I don't know how to explain but I have more duties to be done. I-"

" Hey, hey, it's ok. I don't want to force you. I'm just... asking."

Chorong can sense the sadness in Bomi's tone. She even hears the heavy sigh from the manager girl who is now start to lose her grip on Chorong's waist.

" Do you want to go home now? "

" Bbom-ah."

Chorong slowly holds onto Bomi's hand. She can't. It's too heart breaking to see Bomi in her down mood.

" Can you promise me one thing? "

" Hmm? "

" Can you stay away from the other things if I let you in my life? "

" What do you mean? "

" I have done making hurt to everyone I love. I don't want to hurt you. Bbom-ah, promise me."

" Alright."

Bomi doesn't know what Chorong is trying to say but she just gives her promise as she doesn't want to make her sad. So she just says what the older girl wants to hear. Chorong smiles and she grabs her hair at her back and put them on her right shoulder.

" What are you doing? Ain't you going to wear that necklace on me? "

" Oh, right! "

Bomi is happy again and she carefully lets go of her hands on CHorong's waist. She then wears the necklace around Chorong's neck.

" Is this prettty? "

" Yes."

Bomi said and she dares herself to move closer to Chorong. She leans her whole body on the older girl while her chin is resumes to its original place on Chorong's shoulder. Chorong's bare neck and back region is teased by Bomi's hot breathe. She even feels that the younger girl's breathing becomes fast due to excitement.

Bomi her lips and she leans closer. Her eyes close shut and she plants her kiss on Chorong's neck. It's just a peck but it is strong enough to send chills down to the spine for both of them. Bomi's grip on her waist becomes tighter as the fragrance of the flower on her lap is tickling around her nose. I need to stop before I do something stupid.

Bomi thinks and she quickly moves herself away from Chorong and she pushes away the older girl.

" Ahhh, my legs are cramping!!! "

She shouts and Chorong laughs at her silliness.

" Unnie, you are so heavy? "

" Omo, Jinja? "

Chorong widens her eyes and Bomi laughs out loud. Chorong realizes that Bomi is just teasing her and she hits the younger girl with her fist, making sure she will not hurt the girl.

" Hahahaha. Stop unnie. We need to eat the cake."

" Eat yourself. I'm on diet now."

" Seriously, LOL.Ok, I will eat it by myself."

" Bbom-ah~~~~~"

Bomi keeps teasing the older girl and Chorong pouts. But she really loves to start her birthday with the surprise little party of her dorky girl.

Yes, she is mine. I don't care anymore. You are mine and I'm yours.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                    xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

 

" Guys, you realize that our Black Witch has changed her mood again? "

" Yes, she is too nice to everyone."

" This is totally not her."

The three waitresses of the Blossom CoffeeShop are making their chat again as they notice their owner's behavior. It is totally different from the upside down of three days ago. She is totally fine and happy with something. She is even watching the drama Irene is in. Isn't she hate that actress? 

But Naeun doesn't care their judgement anymore. She is putting her chin on her hand and thinking about cute interactions between she and Eunji. While she is in her won fantasy world, her phone rings.

" Hello? "

" Hello, Naeun unnie, do you remember me? I'm Im Nayeon, I came to your shop with Jeongyeon."

" Oh, yes, I remember. What can I help you? "

" You now, it's their birthday, so I need a cake for that giant. Can you please me one and send me? "

" Oh, really? "

" You don't know? They have the same birthday for all sisters."

" Thanks for the information, Nayeon-ah."

" Nae. Then I will be waiting. Please do it quick as she will be home around 6 or 7."

" Arasso. Send me the address. Bye Bye."

" Bye unnie."

Naeun ends the call and she frowns. So this is their birthday and she doesn't tell me? All she did was throwing herself into her room and sleep since she ate back from hospital. Hump! 

At that time, Eunji who has been tired the whole day and night at the hospital is sleeping soundly in her bed. She is too tired to talk so she even forgot to tell Naeun that it is her birthday. She just straightly went to her room and slept as soon as she reached to her room. She has been sleeping all day and it is already 8PM when she wakes up.

" Ah, what time is it? "

She checks her phone and her eyes widen when she sees the time. She was planning to take Naeun out for the dinner but it is already late. .

She thinks she needs to talk Naeun first and she runs down to the downstairs. But to her surprise, the shop is already closed. Umm, it's too early to the close time? Why?

" Eunji? "

Eunji turns around to see Naeun who is standing at the counter, at her usual spot.

" Oh, Naeunnie, are you still working? I was about to ask you what you want to eat for dinner."

" Yeah."

Naeun seems she is nervous as she is taking secret glances at the cake beside her which Eunji can't see from her place.

" Do you have anything particular in mind? "

Eunji asks but Naeun shakes her head. Eunji is thinking and she smiles.

" What about we go out and try the first shop we see? "

" Good idea. Eunji-ah, can you please take that book over there."

Naeun points to the random place and clueless Eunji walks over there to take the book. Naeun uses the chance and she lights up the candle on the cake and walks towards Eunji with it.

" Which one? This book? Oop! "

Eunji turns around and asks but she is surprised to see Naeun with a cake in her hand. She is smiling shyly and extending her hands to Eunji, offering the candle to be blown. Eunji is smiling widely and she blows the candle in excitement.

" How do you know my birthday? "

" I have some new friends."

Naeun answers and Eunji nods as it is not important. She takes the cake from Naeun and puts it on the table.

" Cake is my favorite. I don't remember when I last ate it. The hospital is killing my memories too."

She is talking to herself and picks up the whole cake.

" Take a bite, Naeunnie."

" Umm? I will just go and take a fork."

" No. No. Cake is delicious when we eat it with nothing. See."

Eunji said and she takes a bite. She is deliciously eating and chewing and enjoying the cake. Naeun is just watching the short cute girl in front of her with too much love in her eyes, hoping that the doctor girl will get the love she has put in the cake. Eunji, hands the cake to Naeun.

" Try eating."

" No, thanks, I -"

" C'm on, Naeunnie~ "

Eunji is insisting and Naeun laughs. Yes, being silly for once is not harmful. She thinks and takes the cake from Eunji as she also wants to make Eunji happy. She takes a bite and puts the cake back to the table, Eunji is laughing at her while looking at her face.

" Wae? "

" Nothing. Ahahaha."

" Waeyo? "

Naeun is using her puppy eyes and asks again which Eunji finds cute. She points to the girl's nose and said "Dirty Girl".

" Omo, really? "

Naeun's face turns red and she tries to clean her face. Eunji is still laughing but she is faster than Naeun. She leans in and wipes the cream on Naeun's nose with her index.

" See. You dirty girl."

" Yah~"

Eunji is about the eat the cream on her index but Naeun pulls her hand and stops the older girl.

" What are you doing? It's dirty."

Naeun tries to wipe Eunji's finger with the tissue but Eunji smirks. Before Naeun can ask why she is smirking, Eunji quickly touch Naeun's cheek with the cake.

" Ahhh!!! Jung Eunji!!! "

" Hahahahaha. You are dirty again."

" Aww, two can play a game, you know?"

Naeun said and she also takes the cream with her finger. Eunji widens her eyes and she stands up to run away from the younger girl.

" Where are you trying to go? Come here."

" NO!!!!! "

They are running around the shop and playing and joking with each other. Finally, they become exhausted and fall down on the floor.

" Ah, Naeunnie, it's so fun."

Eunji said while she is leaning on Naeun's back. Naeun also leans back she doesn't reply as she is breathing so hard.

" Wait, where is my present? "

" What present? I have already prepared a cake for you. Do you still want more? "

" Of course, today is my birthday so I want my present."

But Naeun just stands up and shakes her head.

" I'm already tired. I'm going to sleep. Good night. And Happy Birthday."

And Naeun leaves Eunji on the floor as she walks up to her room. Eunji pouts and she stamps.

" Huh? She really left me on the floor. At least she should give me her hand and pull me up. She really is Son Yeoshin like the kids call.  Now I need to clean all these mess. I can't believe her."

She murmurs and starts to clean the messy shop. After this, she comes back to her room. Before she enters into her room, she looks at Naeun's room which is just in front of hers and listens on the door. No sound. Huh, she is really sleeping? She shakes her head and enters her room to see something on her bed.

" Omo Omo Omo."

She widens her eyes and runs to there. There is a teddy on her bed with a stethoscope on his shoulder. Eunji finds a note beside it.

" I don't know how to choose Stethoscope so I just buy my favorite color. Hope you like it."

Eunji takes the Stethoscope and she finds that it is Littmann Classic III all black edition. Naeun even did the laser engraving on the diaphragm, saying <3Eeunji. Eunji can't help but smiles widely again.

" Naeunnie, I love it!! Plus, you chose well. All Black edition is the most expensive one. Hahahaha. I love it so much!!! "

She shouts loudly so that Naeun will hear her from the other room. And she puts on the stethoscope and listen to the Teddy bear.

" I hope I can hear your heart, too, Naeunnie."

 This time, she whispers. Naeun is secretly smiling from the other room and she closes her eyes to sleep. May be she can have a beautiful dream with the doctor in her dreamland. Eunji also throws herself on the bed and hugs the teddy bear tightly in her arms.

" I had too much fun today, Naeunnie. Thank you."

And she closes her eyes too. You can see that there is still a huge smile plastered on her face.

 

 

 

xxx                             xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

The party is crowded. All you can see is the colorful dresses and suits walking to and fro with the mixture of alcohol and perfumes, their feet are dancing non-stop, their bodies swinging together, everything is making Irene dizzy.

She is just sitting at her usual corner table at the party field which is held in the open field. She has been boring and sitting alone while using her phone wondering what the other sisters are doing. They have agreed that they will not make their birthday party together until they can find Eunbi and Chaeyeon. So, she is all alone tonight, stuck in the boring party.

Irene checks her the time is it is already 11PM. Her birthday is ending soon. But there is still no sign of the person she has been waiting for the whole time. Didn't she came? I should give her the invitation card by myself. Where are you, Kang Seulgi? 

Though many people come and wish for her, she has been feeling empty as the certain person never shows up. She is wearing a tight black dress which shows her shoulders and her back, matching with her milky skin. Her stylist decides to put her hair on her right shoulder and she is wearing huge long earrings decorated with diamonds, the matching necklace and rings. The bracelet on her right wrist is shining brightly even under the dark and Irene is extremely beautiful and elegant tonight.

She knows that she will be on HeadLine news tomorrow. And there are many people willing to take her out for a dance. But they don't dare to ask her because they know Irene will 200% definitely refuse them. Irene just ignores the sights of all men in the party and she just sits in the corner and plays with her phone.

She even doesn't know where Wendy is. Probably she may drink a lot and dance like there is no tomorrow on the dancing floor. She decides to let her manager do whatever she wants tonight. She knows that she has been too harsh on the girl but the girl is too good to her. She will let her stay happy for tonight.

Irene feels boring and she checks the time again, Hump! Her birthday is really ending. She really didn't come. Kang Seulgi, I will hit you when I meet you tomorrow. She thinks and she stands up, deciding to take some fresh air. She walks alone to the garden area of the hotel where there is no one. Only cold breeze is staying with her at that moment.

" Hey."

Irene jumps in fear when she hears a call from her back. She turns around and checks who it is. And she smiles immediately when she sees the person she has been waiting for.

" Seulgi-ah."

" What are you doing here? "

Seulgi is wearing a black suit with black V-shape T-shirt under it. She is also wearing a fancy long necklace which looks like Dr.Strange's Eye of Agamotto. Her hair is down in a natural way. She is wearing normal but in Irene's eyes, she is too handsome already.

" Are you ok? Are you even listening to me? "

" Yes, I was bored at party so I decided to get some fresh air."

Irene explains. Seulgi leads her to the bench nearby and they both sit down. The dancer takes a glance at Irene and the actress smiles.

" Why you are staring at me? Am I pretty? "

" No, you look like freezing. Here."

She removes her coat and puts it around Irene's shoulder. Irene knows her face has changed color, but she pretends like she doesn't care. And she asks Seulgi, pointing to the bag she is carrying with her.

" What is this? Present for me? "

" Yeah. Do you want to open it now."

" Sure."

Irene said and Seulgi gives the bag to her. She opens it and there is a music box with glass cover on the top. A pretty girl is standing in the middle of the box, ready to dance.

" Dancing girl? "

" Yeah, I like dancing. Wait! Why are you not dancing? This is your party and I am sure that there are too many people who are dying to dance with you."

" Haha. I'm the Prince Charming waiting for his Cinderella. I don't dance with random people. They are ugly."

Irene makes a joke and Seulgi chuckles. Sometimes, she really wonders that if she is really the Bae Irene who is famous for her pride and y attitude. She is cute, funny, and clingy sometimes.

They both quietly sit and Seulgi suddenly gets an idea. She stands up and takes the music box from Irene's hand. She then opens it, making the doll dancing with the music coming out. There are even snowflakes falling down as soon as she starts dancing.

" Oh, it's beautiful."

" You are more beautiful. Will you dance with this poor Cinderella, Princess Charming? "

Seulgi playfully said while she is offering her hand to Irene who is taken aback by the request. Seulgi shows her warm gummy bear smile which easily melts Irene's heart. The actress puts Seulgi's coat on the bench, takes the hand and Seulgi pulls her up with some force, making Irene to run into her embrace.

" Oh."

" Let's see how much you have learnt."

Seulgi said as she puts her hand on Irene waist while the other hand is still holding Irene's hand. Irene can't hide her blushing anymore. Her face is red, Seulgi can even see the tips of Irene ears are also turning red. She is so cute.

Irene slowly puts her hand on Seulgi's shoulder and Seulgi pulls her closer.

" This is the best position for this dance. Are you ready, Princess Charming? "

Seulgi keeps teasing but she starts the dance. They are dancing alone under the moonlight according to the melody coming from the music box. There is no one, only just the two of them. Seulgi leans closer to Irene's ear and as whispers.

" Happy Birthday, Princess."

Irene feels how the way Seulgi's lips brush again her ear, how they send hotness to her, how her body is shivering with the chills she is having from her spine. Kang Seulgi, what have you done to me? 

They finally break their dance after a few good minutes and they both know they don't want to stop that dance. Irene gets the coat and she gives it back to Seulgi, the younger girl puts it on. And they walk back to the party. Irene is still shivering and Seulgi thinks that she is in cold.

She slowly moves herself closer to the actress and puts her arm around her shoulder, sending her body warmth. Irene looks up her and she looks down. Their eyes meet. Irene smiles and she sighs before she said.

" Seulgi-ah, it's almost midnight. Don't disappear like Cinderella at midnight. Arasso? "

" Nae, my Princess. As you wish."

Seulgi plays along with Irene. Irene smiles in satisfaction and she moves closer to Seulgi while trying to hide her non-stop blushing. This is the best birthday party she has ever had since she debuted 8 years ago.