Chapter 25

The Pleiades

Nayeon opens her eyes but she has to close them immediately due to the intense light. She tries to move her hands but she can't. Ah, what's happening?

She tries to open her eyes again and this time, she tries slowly. Her vision becomes clear but her head is still dizzy as the smell is still arosing at her nostrils.

She remembers that she was dragged by two masked men. Her eyes become wide and she tries to get up but she is tied down to the chair in the middle of a large room where only a lightbulb is hanging.

Where am I?

She thinks and she tries to move herself from the ropes. But they made it too tight on her so that she can't even move a little. It seems she has made enough noise to be heard. A man with long hair who has an ugly scar on his face walks to her.

" Oh, you are awake. We have to look for you for days. You are too good at hiding."

" What are you doing? Let me go! "

" No, you were too curious. You had seen something you shouldn't. How can we let you go? "

Nayeon glares at him but he doesn't care.

" So, little girl, tell me. What is your last wish? "

" What do you want? Don't come closer to me! "

Nayeon tries to stand up from the chair but she can't. Viper is laughing and he waves his hand, signaling his men to come closer.

" Finish this woman. Don't let any trace left."

" Sir, can we do something before we kill her? "

One of the men asks while he is checking Nayeon out from head to toe with a smirk. Viper takes a glance at her and he frowns, then he waves his hand, giving permission him to do whatever he wants.

The man smiles lustfully and he starts removing the ropes, pulling Nayeon with him.

" Let me go!! Don't touch me!!! "

Nayeon tries her best to remove herself from his grip but he is too stronger than her. Nayeon suddenly grabs his hand and she bites it hard, making him to let go of her.

" Ahhhhhhh."

Nayeon uses this chance and she tries to run away but two men appear in front of her and blocks her way. The man she bit walks angrily to her and he grabs her by her hair.

" ! How dare you to hurt me!! "

* slap *

Nayeon is thrown to the ground. Shs tries to stand up again but the man is standing right in front of her and he is ready to hit her again.

" Don't dare to touch me. I'll just go die."

" Huh? , you are not at the place to talk with that tone."

" Do it if you dare. I will not go to the hell alone. And Yoo Jeongyeon will come and arrest you all."

" Who? Ahh, that police? Are you dreaming? They will not know where we are."

" You killed her father 12 years ago. And now, you are going to kill me. Just do it. She will definitely come and arrest all of you."

" What did you say? "

Viper who has been sitting silently and watching asks. He walks to her with wide steps and pulls her up by her collar.

" What did you say? What murder 12 years ago? "

" Wae? I know everything about it. You murderers."

Viper bites his inner cheek as he throws her onto the ground. He orders his men to tie her again to the chair.

" Sir, what about we kill her? "

" No, she is more precious than this. Tie her again and wait. I have another plan."

" But- "

" Do as I say!!!!!!! "

He yells at the man and the man bows him immediately while he drags Nayeon to the chair and ties again.

" Let me go! Let me go! "

But they totally ignore her now. Viper nervously walks to and fro and he takes out his phone to call his Boss.

" What? I told you not to contact me."

" Boss, I have a big news for you. The police who hid Im Nayeon is the daughter of Kwon Byunseo."

" What! "

Choi Minho is surprised to the news. He thinks for a few seconds and he gives a command.

" Alright. Keep her and we will get that police girl. Now, you must find Kwon Mina and her lawyer girl and get rid of them."

" Yes, sir."

Viper hangs up and Choi Minho sighs. Now, the 3rd sister is appeared. They are all right in front of his eyes but he didn't see them. Lucky to him, they are now revealed one by one. I'll find the other 4 and I'll destroy all of them. He thinks while grabbing his phone tightly in his hand.

" Oppa."

Minho quickly turns around and smiles at Bomi when he sees his sister skips her way into the reading room.

" Oppa, let's stop."

Bomi whispers. He looks at her and smiles.

" I know what I'm doing. Please stay out of this."

" Oppa, we can stop, Hmmmm, let's give up everything and let's go away. Let's leave this country. We can always start our life again."

" Bomi-ah, I can't go now. I am on this path already. I can't turn around now. If I don't continue, they will end me."

" Oppa, please, they won't. I'll try talking to them. They- they- they will listen to me."

" No, Bomi. Now, promise me. You must stay out of this. I will handle everything by myself. All you have to do is stay safe. Okay? I don't want you to get hurt."

" I'm hurt already. I've been suffering all days and nights. I can't do anything but to watch you doing wrong things. How can I stay like this? You are the only one I have, Oppa. Please look at me and think again."

He sighs and he grabs her by her shoulders. He leans closer to her and looks into her eyes.

" We both know what is coming. We have to win this fight or else, I will end up in jail. I'm not afraid of this but I'm just worried for you. Oppa can't stop now."

Bomi hangs down her head as she knows she can't stop her brother. He tries to smile as he pads her on her both arms.

" C'm on. Cheer up. We are not losing yet. If they can't prove that I'm guilty, I'm still innocent. Now, little sister, go and take some rest. I have work to do."

He pushes her out of the room and Bomi sighs. What should she do now?

 

 

 

 

xxx                                    xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

 

* phone ringing *

Eunji is surprised to receive a call from Mina all of a sudden. Today, she is duty off and she is lying comfortably on her bed while enjoying the peaceful evening of duty free zone.

She wonders why Mina is calling but she answers the call with her sleepy tone.

" Wae, baby? Something you need? "

" Unn- unnie."

Eunji's eyes widen and she sits up on the bed as soon as she hears Mina's voice. Mina is crying and she becomes worried for her sister.

" What happened? Mina, calm down and tell me."

" Unnie, Chaeng was in an accident. Now, she is in operating room. Can you please tell her sister and come? We are at your hospital."

" What about you? Are you hurt? "

" No, unnie. I'm fine. But, Chaeng- she is- "

" Alright. I'm on my way. Just relax and wait for me."

Eunji hangs up and she grabs her coat. Then she runs to Naeun's room and knocks.

" Naeunnie. Open the door, now."

" Waeyo? "

Eunji sighs. She holds on Naeun's hands and uses her gentle tone.

" Stay calm. And listen. Your sister, Chaeyoung, was in an accident. Now, she is in operating room. Mina is with her. We have to follow them now."

" What?! "

Naeun is about to be in near-faint stage due to the bad news. But Eunji holds her and she helps her to take some necessary things. And they take a taxi to go to the hospital.

Eunji leads Naeun directly in front of the operating room and they see Mina, still crying, with her blood-stained clothes. Eunji walks to her sister and Mina hugs her immediately when she sees her. Naeun runs to her and asks.

" What happened? How's she? "

" Naeunnie, please calm down."

Eunji has to pull her back as she is now scarring the poor crying girl. Mina is sobbing as she explains them.

" I received a call that someone was going to hurt Chaeng. And I went find her. We- we- she crossed the road when the traffic was red but there was a car, appeared out of nowhere and hit her. Then it ran away."

Mina tries to explain and Eunji bites her lip.

" This is attampted murder. Mina-ah, did you call others? "

" Not yet. You are the first one I called."

" Arasso. Stay here with Naeunnie. I will make calls to others."

Eunji leaves her sister with Naeun and she walks away to call her sisters. Naeun holds Mina's hand, giving strength to each other and they sit closely waiting for the operation to be finished.

Eunji walks back to them after a few minutes and she sits beside them.

" I've called everyone. Now, I'm exposed so I need to stay at hospital for my safety. Naeunnie, you should go back to your house for a few days till this is over. Joohyun unnie, Eunbi and Chaeyeon are safe as they are still in the shadow. Jeongyeon said she will send polices to Chorong unnie's house."

Eunji explains them and they two girls just sit quietly. At that time, the room is opened and the doctor comes out. They all stand up and Eunji asks for them.

" How's the patient, Sir? "

" Eunji-ah, are you her relative? "

" No, but she is the patient's sister."

The doctor looks at Naeun and he nods.

" She had head injury and her CT result shows no haemorrhage luckily. But the skull bone is cracked a little at Right temporal region. We need to watch her closely. And her right forearm has both bones fracture. We have done nail plating and POP. And for her right clavicle fracture, we have done plating and arm-sling. This is not a serious injury but for the head injury, you have to watch for any increased intracranial pressure signs. She is not in fetal condition but she can get into that stage in anytime."

" Nae, Sir. I'll take care about her."

Eunji said and her professor nods at her. Naeun and Mina bow him, saying Thank you and he walks away from them. Naeun excuses herself to call her parents to inform Chaeyoung's condition while Mina and Eunji are waiting for Chaeyoung to come out.

The three are now in the hospital room where they put Chaeyoung. Mina looks at the couple and she smiles.

" I will wait for her. Unnie, you should go back to home and explain your parents about Chaeng. I'm so sorry to let her fall in danger."

" No, Mina-ah, it's not your mistake."

Naeun puts her hand on Mina's shoulder as a support and Mina holds her hand back appologizingly.

" I'll come back tomorrow with my parents."

" Nae, unnie. Thank you."

" Mina-ah, she will wake up soon. If she vomits or gets fits or said she has headache, make her lying down on her side and call the doctors immediately. Understand? "

" Nae, unnie."

" I'll leave her with you, Mina-ah. Please take care of her."

Naeun smiles at the younger girl and she said. Eunji nods at Mina and she takes Naeun to take her to her home where her parents are waiting for her.

Mina sighs when they are left alone in the room. Chaeng is lying unconsciously on the bed with bandage on her head. Her face is swollen mostly at her right eye and the right corner of her bottom lip is injured too.

Her right arm is already casted with POP and an arm-sling has put. Her legs has also bandages wrapped but luckily, they are not major injuries.

" I'm so sorry, Chaeng. That should be me who is hurt. Not you."

Mina whispers while she holds Chaeyoung's hand on her chest.

" I can't forgive myself now."

" Mina? "

" Oh, you are awake."

Mina quickly wipes away her tears and she smiles at the girl. Chaeyoung tries to sit on the bed but she frowns as she can't move any of her limbs.

" What have done to me? Am I having paralysis? "

" No, your legs and right arm are injured. That's why you can't move."

" Ok. Help me. I want to sit up."

" No! You got head injury. I can't let you sit or you will get dizzy."

Mina firmly said and Chaeyoung pouts. 

" Oop! "

But she frowns immediately as her face is hurt. Mina sighs as she feels really sorry for Chaeyoung.

" I'm sorry, Chaeng. You are hurt because of me."

" No, I'm more glad that I was the one who was hit by the car. If it was you in my place, I could die from worries."

Chaeyoung said and Mina whispers, Baka. Mina feels that Chaeyoung's fingers that she holds in her hand are crawling to her as they intertwin with hers.

She looks at the younger girl and the later tries to smile, but slowly and carefully. And then, she moves slowly to the side and pads the space with her left hand.

" Come sleep with me."

" No, I can't! They said this bed is only for the patient."

" C'm on. No one will find out. Plus I'm too small and too light so there is enough space for both of us. Come."

Mina sighs and she joins Chaeyoung on the bed. She lies on her side so that Chaeyoung will have enough space for herself. Chaeyoung takes a side glance and she pulls Mina's arm around herself.

" Then you won't fall off."

She said cheerfully and Mina's face becomes red as she is now hugging the younger girl. Chaeyoung moves herself closer to Mina and she comfortably leans on the pillow near Mina's arm.

" Now, I'm better."

She whispers and closes her eyes.

" I am taking a nap now. Wake me up when the doctors come."

Mina Chaeyoung's hair and she watches as the younger girl falls asleep again. She must be really painful and tired but she doesn't say any complain. Are you a pabo?

But you are my pabo, Son Chaeyoung. Mina thinks and she closes her eyes too. They are falling asleep peacefully when Eunji comes back. The older sister smiles at the cuties and she lies down on the couch to look after the girls.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                     xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" What?! "

Jeongyeon tightly holds the phone when she is listening to Eunji. Eunji is trying her best to calm down the younger girl and Jeongyeon sighs.

" Nae, unnie. Arasso. Don't worry. Nae. I'll send the polices to our house for Chorong unnie. Nae unnie. Take care too. Nae. Nae."

She hangs up the phone and turns to her leader who is looking at her.

" What is it, Jeongyeon? "

Jeongyeon explains about Mina and Chaeyoung and Jihyo sighs.

" This is getting worse. We must locate the car as soon as possible."

" You should see this, leader."

Jisoo takes a photo from the CCTV reocrd she is watching and they run to her. They can see two men dragging Nayeon and put her in the car. Jisoo clicks on the number plate area and she zooms in.

" 5L-8529. Locate that car, right now."

" May be it is a fake number."

" Fake or not. Check all the CCTV records on the way and locate the car."

Jihyo orders and everyone is busy again. Jeongyeon is working on the CCTV records while her phone is vibrating. She checks the caller and it is an unknown contact. She frowns and signals her team to come to her.

" Ready."

Jihyo said and Jeongyeon answers the call. Jihyo whispers 'search' as the team starts to locate the phone.

" Hello? "

" Hello, Kwon Jeongyeon. Are you busy? "

" Who are you? "

" Hmmm, you don't need to know me. But I know you. The real you. And I want to clear things with you. Alone."

He said and Jeongyeon looks at her leader. Jihyo signals her to speak as long as she can as they are trying to locate the phone.

" Where is Im Nayeon? Is she safe? "

" Ah, that girl? You are still worried for her? Well, she is safe now. But I can't guarantee for next hour. Anything can happen to her. Do you want to speak to her? "

Jeongyeon grips her phone tightly when she hears that he did something to Nayeon from the other line. She bites her lip so that her voice will not shake.

" Yoo Jeongyeon."

" Nayeon-ah, don't be scared. I will come to you."

" No, Yoo Jeongyeon, don't come. They are too many."

" Shut the up, ! "

Jeongyeon feels like heartbroken when she hears Nayeon's scream. The man takes the phone from Nayeon and he said.

" Come find me if you can. But remember, you have to come alone. Or Im Nayeon will die in front of you."

" Wait." 

Jeongyeon tries to keep the call but he ends it already. She sighs and looks at her leader but Jihyo shakes her head.

" Give me a few minutes."

Rose said as she starts moving her fingers on the keyboard. The map on the projector becomes smaller and smaller and it shows a certain point on the map.

" Hmmm, it is on the xxxx Road. It can't be their place. He  threw away the phone."

" I found the car."

Jisoo shouts from her seat and they all run to her. She shows them her map and it is pointing a place on the road too.

" C'm on. They abondoned everything. Are they that rich? "

Jeongyeon is staring at the map and Jihyo puts her hand on her shoulder.

" Jeongyeon-ah, be patient. And don't do anything stupid. I will go inform the Captain and ask for permission to use all our forces."

The taller girl just nods at her. She walks back to her table and sits. She is staring at the two locations on her own map and she draws an imaginary line between them. Wait. What is this?

There is an old factory between the two places. Jeongyeon inhales and she stands up from her seat and her friends ask her.

" Where are you going? "

" To get fresh air."

She doesn't wait for their answer and runs out of the Head Quarter. She gets into her car and takes out her gun from the dashboard. She inhales and starts the car engine.

I'm coming to you, Im Nayeon. Just wait for me.