Chapter 11 (Birthday Special)

The Pleiades

Chorong and Suho is under Irene's entertainment's cafeteria, waiting for her manager to arrive. Thye have been waiting for almost 30minutes and there is still no sign of the manager yet. Suho is taking glances at Chorong who has been spacing out since they reach here. Finally he decides to break the silence.

" Hey, Chorong-sshi, do you want to watch Aladdin. I heard that it is comic accurate. They said the singing scene in A Whole New World is too beautiful."

" Really? "

" Yeah."

But the girl doesn't show any interest more so Suho just shuts up and frowns. Why it is too difficult to be closer to you? He shakes his head in disappointment. At that time, someone enters the cafeteria, looking around. She then spots at them and she walks to their table, sitting in front of them.

" Are you Park Chorong, the one from Paradise? "

" Yes, I am. Thanks for giving us time."

" It's fine. But I have already talked with your manager. I clearly said that Irene will never do it. She is not into CF things."

" Yes, but I want to talk to by myself. May be I can change her mind."

" I don't think so."

Wendy said and Chorong stands up and bows at her. Suho also stands up and bows.

" But please help me. This is my first project ever. I don't want to fail without giving a try."

Wendy sighs as she doesn't know what to say. Plus she also wants her unnie to do some CF. This one is suitable with her beauty. Ok, giving one try is not harmful. She thinks and she also stands up to stop the bowing and pleasing girl.

" Alright. Alright. She is now at her dance practice. She will free for a few minutes before her next schedule.

" Thank you, Wendy-sshi."

Chorong said but Wendy shakes her head.

" Don't put your hope too high. She will not accept your offer."

" Nae."

Wendy leaves the shop as she needs to pick up Irene who is now enjoying her dance class out of blue. She stil can't understand why. May be the doctors' gave her some injection while she was hospital? She thinks and drives to Chrisma Dance Studio where Irene is happily dancing.

Irene is already done with her lesson when she arrives. She walks to the older girl and gets her things but before she can go out, Irene tags her and eyeing her to do something.

" What unnie? Wae? "

" Where is the Birthday Invitation Card? "

" Birthday Invitation Card? For what? "

" To give it to Seulgi, Pabo."

" Ummmm, the company will send it to her."

Wendy said and Irene pouts as she likes to give the invitation by herself. But she remembers that she is the Bae Irene and she needs to keep cool of the situation. Although she is dying to give the invitation to th girl, she should have let the company to do it for her.

" Alright. Let's go."

She said and she leaves the studio without even saying goodbye to Seulgi who has been staring at her from the corner of the room. Wendy also doesn't understand the sudden mood change of Irene and she just runs after the older girl as she needs to inform her that she has made an appointment with the Paradise.

Wendy keeps checking Irene from the back mirror and She finds that the actress is closing her eyes and taking a rest. She needs wait for the perfect moment to tell her.

" Umm, unnie."

" Hmm? "

" What do you want for your birthday? "

Irene goes silent again. Well, they actually don't have their real birthday. Their Appa shared his birthday with all 7 of them so they shared the same birthday. And every year, the birthday memo just made her miss her family more so she never was happy on that day. But this year, she had found two sisters already, but she can't be together with them on that day, as she needs a party to throw. 

" I just want my family back."

Irene quietly said. Wendy sighs and she changes her topics to work.

" Ah, I have one thing to tell you."

" What is it? "

" Unnie, I accepted an appointment with Paradise."

" What! "

Irene widens her eyes, hearing the name Paradise. No, she can't work with them. It Is too much for her. They are criminals. No. No NO!

" I have told you, Wendy-ah. I'm not doing CF things."

" But unnie, this is for Myoui Bag Collection from Japan."

" Myoui? "

Irene furrows her eyebrows. Mina never told her that she is working with Paradise. Why she didn't? She should tell me. I can handle things too.

" Fine. Let's meet them. But make sure it will be quick."

" Nae! "

Wendy becomes happy and she drives the car back to the entertainment where Chorong and Suho are waiting for them. At that time, Chorong is pretending to be busy with her phone as Suho is trying to take her out for a movie date. How should I reject him nicely? I can't date anyone. I have to fulfill my duty first.

At that time, Wendy is coming back and they both stand up to greet the famous hallyu star of the century. Bae Irene just sits across them, does't remove her sunglasses, crossing her legs. Wendy clears and tries to change the awkward situation.

" Unnie, they are from Paradise. They wanted to talk to you."

" Fine."

Irene said. She is still looking away and Chorong and Suho look at each other. They then sit down again and Chorong tries to explain Irene.

" Hello, Irene-sshi. It's nice to meet you. I'm Park Chorong, the representative of Paradise. We know you don't do CF things but we have a nice proposal to you. This CF is important. It is not from local. It is for the Korean Branch of Myoui Bag, a well-known Japanese Brand. It represents the elegant beauty of women which is the most suitable for the most beautiful actress of our South Korea."

" Imm hmm."

" If you agree, I can set up a date for us to meet and make a contract."

" Who said I will accept? "

" Nae? "

" I am coming just to listen. Now, I'm still not interested in your CF thing. Thanks for wasting my time. Let's go, Wendy-ah."

All three of them widen their eyes as they didn't expect this kind of reaction from Irene. But Wendy runs after Irene who has been left the cafeteria with the stylish steps in a modeling a catwalk way. 

" Aish, she really is an annoying person. If she is going to reject us, why she came here and met us from the start. y! "

Suho is angry and he is muttering. Chorong just sighs and she picks her things up and stands up. Suho looks at her and asls.

" Where are you going? "

" I'm not giving up, yet."

" Yah! Chorong-ah, she is such a rude proud woman. She will humiliate you more."

" No, I know she will accept me."

" I'm not coming with you."

Suho said as he is too pissed off to face that actress again. Chorong nods.

" Fine. I will do it alone."

And she comes out from the cafeteria, calling Wendy to ask where Irene's next schedule is. Suho is left at that spot, while putting his hands on his waist in anger.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                    xxx

 

 

 

" Unnie, what are you doing? I thought you were about to accept their offer."

" Yes, I am about to."

" Then why you left them? "

" Yah! I'm Bae Irene. They will see me as a cheap idol who accepts the offer immediately if I say yes at that time. People always treasure Limited Edition things because they are not easy to get. Understand? "

Irene said and Wendy shakes her head as she really doesn't know it is necessary or not. At that time, her phone starts to ring and she checks the number.

" Unnie, Park Chorong is calling. Should I answer? "

" Who is Park Chorong? "

" The girl you met before."

" Ahh, she said her name, I remember. Alright. Answer her and tell her to come to my house."

" Your house? "

" Imm. Just call her."

Wendy definitely knows that Irene wants to show her awards and other cool stuffs of hers to that girl and making more high impression of her as she still feels like that selling her art in an CF is a child play thing.

Wendy answers the call and she tells Chorong that she may have a chance to come and talk Irene at her house. Irene has a nice mood at her house, this is a real fact.

After Irene finishes her photo shoot for Ceci magazine, she comes back home, and to her sustifaction, Park Chorong girl is standing in front of her house, alone. Oh, where is the boy who was with her before? Well, this is better. Irene thanks Wendy and she tells her to go home now.

" What? You are meeting her alone? "

" Yes, even she is coming alone, why I need someone to talk for me? I can handle it by myself."

" Unnie, please be easy on her, ok? "

" Arasso. Just go."

" At least, let me carry your things into the house."

Wendy opens the car door for Irene and the actress comes out from the car. Chorong immediately bows at her but she just ignores her and enters the house by the door which is opened by Wendy. Chorong is standing at that spot, not knowing what to do, Wendy signals her to follow with her eyes and Chorong enters awkwardly. This Bae Irene is too much annoying.

Wendy lets her sit on the sofa in the living room, 

" Unnie is a little hard on everyone. Please bare with her. But don't worry. She only meets at her house when she decides to accept the role. Don't think wrong on her."

" I understand."

" Ok, unnie told me to go back so I am leaving. Good luck with your work."

 " Nae. Thanks for everything."

Chorong said and she stands up and bows Wendy who bows her back. Wow, this is a nice manager. How she can stand this Actress everyday? Chorong is thinking. She is sitting in the living room but Irene is taking too long so she just decides to look around in the living room which is decorated with Irene's success.

Irene is taking her time too long on purpose as she wants Chorong to see her big success and scared of her quality of Art. Yes, she is an artist. She does't need a CF thing to make her famous. That Paradise stuff must know about it. She waits for a good few minutes and changes her clothes and finally she comes down from her room. And she smiles in victory as she sees Chorong scrolling around near her Award showcases.

" They are half of my Awards. The CEO wanted to take them in his office too so I borrowed him some."

" Ah, Nae."

Irene walks to the sofa and sits with arms crosses. Chorong keeps watching Irene's awards then to her huge photos.

" You are really beautiful."

She murmurs and Irene smiles as she really likes the praising. But when Chorong reaches at the outermost photo of the wall, she stops. She is staring at the photo with wide eyes.

" This is my Pre-debut. Well, actually, it was about 11 years ago. I don't remember. But I was still beautiful at that time."

Chorong doesn't give her any reply. She is just staring at the photo, making Irene worried. What's wrong? Doesn't she faint over my stinking beauty? I need to check on her. She decides and walks towards Chorong.

" Hey."

She calls and Chorong turns towards her slowly. Irene is taken aback when she sees tears in Chorong's eyes. 

" What's- "

" Joohyun? "

This time, it is time for Irene to be surprised.

" How- How you know-"

She stops in midway, remembering that this girl's name is Park Chorong.

" Chorong? "

" Omo, Joohyun-ah!!! It's really you!!! "

Before Irene can successfully process the whole thing, Chorong throws herself to Irene, and hugs her tight. Irene slowly hugs her back but she is too shocked to speak a thing. How? 

" What, what are you- no, no, how are you-"

She is too exciting and stuttering but Chorong doesn't care. She is tightly hugging her same aged sister and crying on her shoulder. Irene helps her to sit on the sofa before she can push Chorong off from her body. Chorong wipes her tears and she asks.

" How you became Bae Irene? "

Irene sighs and she tells Chorong her part of story. Chorng's face become sad again as she finds out that Irene also has lost Eunbi and Chaeyeon. 

" Jeongyeon is living with me. And she is now a detective, trying to look for the sisters."

" Talking about the others, I have already found two."

" What! Who? "

" Mina and Eunji."

" Mina and Eunji? Joohyun-ah, I want to meet them. Please."

" Alright. We can go meet them. Just call Jeongyeon to Blossom Coffeeshop. It's address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

" Arasso."

Chorong is too excited to see Mina and Eunji. Irene tells her the story of how she has found them on the way to the coffee shop. Chorong is crying again as she feels so useless at that time. She has done nothing and she could find no one so Irene has to comfort her not to think in that way.

Finallly, they reach at Blossom Coffeeshop and Chorong has no idea of what they are doing her. Irene smiles and she explains.

" Eunji lives here. Her girl is the owner of this shop."

" Her girl? "

" Yeah. Kekekeke."

" Wow, she grew up too well."

Chorong whispers. Irene laughs and she extends her hand to Chorong who takes it gladly. The two sisters enter the shop and they see a short girl sitting at the corner table with huge books in front of her. She seems she is studying.

" We are sorry. The shop is closed already. Oh, Joohyun unnie! "

She looks up and when she sees Irene, she stands up from the seat in happiness. She skips her way to them and greets with her usual wide smile. Chorong will never forget this smile.

" Eunji-ah. Guess who."'

Irene said and she slightly pushes Chorong towards Eunji. Eunji is still laughing but she looks at Chorong in confusing way. At that time, the door is opened and another two girls enter the shop. Irene walks to them and she smiles at the shorter girl while she takes the other girl's hand and pulls her to Chorong.

" Kids, today, someone came to me."

Irene starts and Chorong covers with her palm as she knows the other girl is Mina who has the most prominent mole on her nose bridge. Chorong is in complete shock and she can't say a thing. And the two sisters are looking at her with surprised too. Again, the door is opened and Jeongyeon walks inside, she notices a group of drama in the middle of the shop.

" Chorong unnie, wae? What's wrong? "

" Jeongyeonie, look. Look at them."

Chorong pulls Jeohgyeon's arm and she said. Jeongyeon's mouth becomes wide open and she looks at Chorong in disbelieve.

" Unnie, are they-"

" Yes. Yes."

" Omo."

" Unnie."

Mina is the one who wakes up from the frozen stage first. She runs to Chorong and Jeongyeon and hugs them, the shocked sisters return the hug, later joined by Eunji and Irene. They are hugging each other and crying hard.

" What is happening here? First, Bae Irene and now, there are too many girls. Are they all her patients? "

Naeun angrily whispers as she throws the plastic cup in the bin. Chaeyoung can't believe her ears.

" What are you talking about, unnie? They are real sisters."

" What? "

Naeun widens her eyes to the new information. Chaeyoung furrows her eyebrows.

" You didn't know? Dr. Jung didn't tell you? "

" No, now, Son Chaeyoung, sit down and tell me everything."

" My strawberry milk, first."

Chaeyoung said and Naeun frowns. But she gives her younger sister what she wants and Chaeyoung happily takes it as she explains the whole story to Naeun.

" I'm Mina Myoui's lawyer. I was hired to search for her lost sisters 12 years ago. Well, they are 7. They are separated because of a tragic accident. Now, they are making it and successfully find one by one again. Look the way they hug each other or the way they are crying, it's so touching."

" So, I was misunderstanding Eunji all the time? "

" Yes, she is nothing to do with Bae Irene. It's her sister, Jesus."

* sob sob sob *

Suddenly, they hear a sobbing beside them and the Son sisters turn around to see a ninja sitting beside them.

" Ahh, what the hell!!! "

" Who are you? "

" Oop, sorry, sorry, I'm here with Jeongyeon over there. Your story is so touching that it makes me crying. It's like a drama. They are too pitiful."

The girl is covering her face with a big sunglasses while wearing a big hat also. The Son sisters look at each other not certain that she is crazy or something. She removes her hat and glasses, and shows her bunny like teeth to them.

" I'm Im Nayeon, a tourist here. But I was stuck with that tall Pabo and now, I'm living with them. Nice to meet you."

" Nae."

The three girls continue chatting, Nayeon and Naeun asking about the sisters more, while Chaeyoung is enjoying her strawberry milk and answers their questions until Naeun decides to make some coffee for the crying sisters. Awww, they are so cute. Why I was misunderstanding? It's too embarrassing as I was jealous over nothing. She thinks as she takes the tray with coffee and makes her way to the sisters.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                   xxx                                   xxx

 

 

 

 

Hyewon is at the car workshop to wash her car. She drives carefully and stops in front of the service girl who is busy with her other works.

" What can I help you? "

" I need my car washed."

" Nae, please have a seat and wait. Huh? "

" Yah! Kwon Eunbi! What are you doing here? "

Both of them are surprised when they see each other. Eunbi quickly tries to go away but Hyewon is quick enough to pull her wrist.

" Wait? Where are you going? "

" You are following me, right? "

" No! I'm innocent here. I came to wash my car."

" Eunbi unnie, what is happening? "

" Oh, Chaewon-ah, can you do this car for me? I- I'm busy so I need to go."

" Umm? "

Chaewon girl seems to be confused as she doesn't know what's goiong on. She is staring at Hyewon gripping on Eunbi's wrist and being curious. Eunbi uses her free hand to remove Hyewon's hand from hers.

" I'm going."

" Yah! Kwon Eunbi!! I really mean it! Remember? I like you!!! "

She shouts but Eunbi closes her both ears with her palms as she walks away from there. Hyewon sighs as she fails  again. At that time, the Chaewon girl starts her work of cleaning the car and she asks Hyewon.

" Do you know Eunbi unnie? I saw you holding her hand."

" Yeah, I am- I am her- her girlfriend."

Hyewon is smiling at her own creating. Chaewon seems to be surprised to hear that but her eyebrows arch again.

" But you are like... fighting."

" Yeah, love fight. Hehehe."

" Ahh, Love fight. That's why Eunbi unnie seems she is too angry."

" Yeah, by the way, how many works does she have? "

" I don't know exactly. She delivers milk and newspaper on morning, she has this job, car washing, she works in Swimming pool three times per week, and she is the waiteress at bar at night. But there may be others work I don't know."

Hyewon feels really sorry for Kwon Eunbi. Why she needs to make this much money? I really can't understand her like she said? She thinks and Chaewon reminds her that the washing is done  at the time. Hyewon pays for it and she said thank you. Before she goes, Chaewon stops her.

" Do you know her birthday is in 3 days? "

" Umm? "

" This is your chance to make up to her."

" Oh, I got it. Thank you."

Hyewon smiles at the girl and she drives away. Huh, so she has the same birthday as Chaeyeon? That's not good, I have to think how to share my time with both my girlfriend and my best friend. Oh, I said Girlfriend again, hehehe. She is blushing with her own thought and giggling when her phone rings. It is from Yena.

" Yes? Kang Hyewon is on line."

" Yah! Hyewon-ah, about the amusement park date on Chaeyeon's birthday, forget it."

" What? "

" Minju has some plan for her so we need to give them their alone time. Don't disturb them, Arasso? "

" I'm not free either. My girlfriend has birthday, too."

" What!? Which girlfriend? Yah! Kangchan! Kang Hyewon!!! "

Hyewon laughs and she hangs up the phone, now she can imagine how much Yuri and Yena are dying to know about her girlfriend. She shakes her head and smiles widely. Now, she only needs to think how she should make a proper birthday for the girl so that she will return her love. I think I need some more help from Chaewon. She thinks.

 

 

 

xxx                                        Xxxx                                       Xxxx

 

 

 

Three days later...

Lee Chaeyeon opens her eyes as soon as the alarm clock starts ringing. Today is her birthday. Well, it's actually it is their birthday. She has been passing this day without them for 12 years. What else she is expecting? 

" Morning, babeee!! "

When she comes down, her parents are waiting for her in the dining room. She smiles at them and sits across them as a maid is putting a MiyeokGuk(Seaweed) Soup for her. So, they remember, huh?

" Your appa is about to go to work, but it is your birthday, so, we want to eat breakfast with you."

" Thanks Omma and Appa."

Chaeyeon said as she stands up and hugs them. They both return the hug and say "Happpy Birthday". Chaeyeon eats with them and she thinks it is not too bad, huh? I think I can live without her. She is staring at the empty seat in front of her. That was used to be hers. She shakes her head and tries to forget the sad thoughts, enjoying the moment with her parents.

After she has finished eating, they gave her a black card as a birthday present. Chaeyeon hugs them and she said goodbye to them as she has plans to do with her friends in the amusement park. She hops on her bike and drives to the Amusement Park. This is a childish plan in her mind but her friends are too exciting about this idea so she agreed to come here.

But to her disappointment there is still no sign of her friends when she arrives at the gate. 

" Chaeyeon-sshi "

But lucky to her, she sees  Minju runs towards her. The girl is wearing a white skirt and a pink blouse which is matching with her red hair. She is smiling widely at Chaeyeon.

" Happy birthday."

" Thank you. Where are the others? "

" Molla."

At that time, the phone rings and Chaeyeon answers.

" Yena-ah, where are you? "

" We can't come. My Yuri baby is sick and I need to take of her. Sorry, buddy. Treat us later."

" Wait! "

But Yena is already hanged up her phone. Chaeyeon shakes her head and she dials to her best friend.

" Hyewon-ah, where are you? "

" I am *pant pant* with *pant pant* my girlfriend. * pant pant * "

" Why are you breathing heavily? "

" I'm *pant pant* busy *pant pant* I will call you later."

Chaeyeon couldn't believe her ears. What the hack is Hyewon doing with the girl? She shakes her head to drive away funny thoughts and she turns to Minju who is waiting for her.

" Minju-ah, they said they are not coming."

" Really? Hmm, what should we do? "

" What should we do? Yah! Kim Minju, we are at Amusement Park. Of course, we play. Let's go!!! "

She pulls Minju by the hand and they start playing everything they see. Minju is shy at first but later, she becomes closer to Chaeyeon . Chaeyeon keeps holding hand with the girl as she wants to make her secure with the scary rides. They spend their whole day at there happily till it is dark.

" Ohhh, it's very tiring."

" Yeah, I had so much fun."

They sit on the bench at the gate of the Park. Chaeyeon takes a glance at Minju who is smiling in her own shy way. This girl is cute. It is not a bad idea to play that bet. I think I start to like her. She thinks.

" Chaeyeon-ah, I am going home."

" Umm, I'll send you back."

" Ok, thanks."

Minju agrees and Chaeyeon takes her to her bike. This time, Minju is not as awkward as the first time. She puts her tiny milky white arms around Chaeyeon's waist as soon as Chaeyeon starts driving. They reach at Kim's house and Chaeyeon said Goodbye to her but Minju stops.

" Chaeyeon-ah, do you want to visit my room? "

Chaeyeon widens her eyes. But she smiles immediately and agrees. Minju happily takes her to her room which is decorated everything in almost all white. Everything is placed neatly and Chaeyeon doesn't surprised at all. Minju is too obvious to be that kind of girl.

She sits on the bed and Minju joins her. They both sit in silence until the angel girl starts the conversation.

" Chaeyeon-ah, I have prepared a gift for you."

" A gift? "

" Yes, Wanna see? "

Chaeyeon nods and Minju gets up and takes out a box from her drawer. It is wrapped in cute little heart printed paper and Chaeyeon smiles at the cuteness. Minju seems she is excited. She gives it to Chaeyeon and the later accepts the gift with a huge smile on her face.

" Can I open now? "

" Imm."

Chaeyeon quickly unwraps the paper and there is box inside. She opens the lid and to her surprise, there are many paper stars inside. Chaeyeon looks up Minju.

" I heard that your birthday is around and I wanted to give a present. But you have everything. I don't know what to give. I know this is not expensive but I hope they can grant your wishes. It has 1000 stars inside. Make your wish and each one of them will fulfill yours."

" Minju-ah, your hands must be hurt."

Chaeyeon puts the box on the bed and she holds Minju's hand in both of her hands. Then she slowly caresses the fingertips and she pulls them towards her lips before she plants a kiss on them. Minju's face turns red and she is about to remove her hand from Chaeyeon's grip but the later does not let her doing so.

" Minju-ah, Listen to me."

Minju peeks her. Chaeyeon laughs at the cuteness of the girl and she said.

" I like you. Let me be your girlfriend."

She asks and Minju doesn't dare to look at her. Chaeyeon moves her head according to Minju's face direction so that she can see her face.

" Hmmm? Please."

" Chaeyeon-ah, I- "

" Wae? Don't you like me? "

" It's not like this. I like you but- "

" It's enough. You like me and I like you. We are dating."

" Ahhh, it's too embarrassing!!! "

Minju shouts and she hits Chaeyeon's shoulder lightly with her fist. Chaeyeon laughs and she pulls the girl into the hug, making Minju to froze at that spot.

" Thank you. I never think I will be that happy to spend this birthday. You make my day, Minju-ah."

" It's ok. Just give me a promise."

" What is it? "

Minju removes herself from Chaeyeon and she looks at her in the face.

" Please don't break my heart. It is too weak. And now, I'm giving it to you."

" Don't worry. I won't."

Chaeyeon answers with a smile as she pulls Minju into her embrace again. Chaeyeon finally comes back to her house after she has spent some time with Minju. She thinks it is really not a bad idea to date that girl. She is lovely, cute, and gently young woman who is too good to her. And she is not lying. Minju really made her happy today.

She is lost in her own world and opens her room's door, suddenly she hears someone calling her name.

" Jjaeyeon! "

" Huh? "

Every system of her body stops as she sees that someone standing near her bed. Miyawaki Sakura is smiling brightly at her. Oh, her hair gets longer. Chaeyeon still can't react. She watches how Sakura runs towards her, pulls her face by tilting her jaw, crushing her lips on hers. They are just like always, sweet in a cherry taste.

Sakura removes herself after good few seconds but she is still hugging her by the neck. 

" Sakuchan."

" I came back for you, Jjaeyeon. I came back for you. I won't let you be alone on this day. Happy birthday."

Chaeyeon thinks her life has turned upside down again. She pulls Sakura by the waist and captures her lips, pouring all the longing and miss she has been suffering the whole year. She can feel that Sakura's lips curl up during their kiss. This is the moment she has been waiting for. This is it.

Suddenly, she remembers the mistake she has done just now. But Sakura doesn't let her think too much. She pushes her to the wall and numbing her brain with her cold fingers running over her nape, caressing her hair. Oh, . 

Minju-ah, mianhae.

 

 

 

 

AN : I'm making these 3 special chapters for my birthday... enjoy~