Chapter 13 (Birthday Special)

The Pleiades

* Smell *

Eunbi sniffs her nose without opening her eyes.

* Smell *

She thinks she is smelling something burning. But there is nothing to be burnt in her small house. She thinks while rolling on her bed. Am I dreaming? She tries to go back to her pretty sleep.

* Break Sound *

" What the hell!!! "

A loud sound echos in her house and Eunbi sits up on the bed with wide open eyes. She blinks and smells in the air. She is not dreaming. That burning smell is running around in her house. 

" What is burning in my house? My house is on fire? "

She becomes afraid and jumps out of the bed. She follows the smell and she finds out that it is coming from the kitchen.

" Huh? "

She widens her eyes when she sees the mess in the kitchen.

" What is happening? "

She whispers to herself. It looks like a hurricane has just entered her kitchen.

" Hello, Kwon Eunbi. Good morning~~"

" Ahhhhhhhhhhh "

Eunbi jumps in fear and she grabs the broomstick nearby, ready to hit the person in the kitchen . But she lowers her hand and confused when she sees Kang Hyewon in her kitchen. She is wearing a seemed-to-be brand new apron and smiling widely at Eunbi.

" Yah! Kang Hyewon, You- "

" Sorry. I'm cleaning the floor. It will be clean again in a few minutes just like before. Just wait and see."

Hyewon said and she disappears again. Eunbi bites her lip and she is about to shout something when Hyewon appears again. Hyewon arches her eyebrows and she orders the birthday girl.

" Why are you still here? Go wash first. I hate morning breathe."

She said while cleaning the floor. Eunbi covers , wondering that she really has morning breathe and walks into the bathroom, does her morning things. After she has changed her clothes for her delivery work, she comes back to the kitchen to find Hyewon chopping the vegetables.

" Yah, Kwon Eunbi, stop acting like a visitor. Just sit and wait. I will take care of everything."

" Geez, this is my house, Jesus."

Eunbi then remembers something. How is Hyewon in her house? She widens her eyes and asks.

" What are you doing in my house in the early morning? How did you get in? "

" Aww, that's easy. How do you call this place a house? It's cold and small and dirty. To answer your questions, I am here to make a special breakfast for you for your birthday. And I got into your house because your door lock is too easy to break in."

" What! You broke my lock? "

" There is no need to shout. Even if a thief were here, he will just give you back with his money, since here is no expensive things. Ok, just sit and wait. I'm making the fried rice now."

She said and Eunbi frowns. But at the same time, she is touched by Hyewon's action for her birthday because it is the first time someone wants to spend her birthday together during this 12 years.

" Ahh. "

" Yah! "

Hyewon tries to touch the hot pot on the oven and her finger gets burnt. Eunbi rushes towards her and checks her finger which is already red.

" Why you are not careful? Come here."

Eunbi shouts while she pulls Hyewon to the basin. She washes the injured finger under water and drags the younger girl to her room.

" Wait a minute. You are so clumsy. A rich kid like you should not play with fire."

She is scolding Hyewon as she is searching for the first aid kit. Hyewon is watching all of Eunbi'a moves and she is smiling secretively.

" Yah! I'm scolding you but why are you smiling like a fool? "

She said while she puts the medicine to the wound. Hyewon smiles ad she bites her tongue in excitement.

" Because you are worried for me."

" Umm? *cough cough* It's not like this. You are hurt so I-"

But before Eunbi can finish her sentence, Hyewon crawls to her and pulls her into a hug.

" Thank you, Kwon Eunbi. I like the way you are worried for me."

" Yah! What's wrong with you? Let me go! "

Eunbi said and she tries to move away from Hyewon but the younger girl keeps hugging her tight. Eunbi is too small to compare the body size to Hyewon so her face is pressing against the younger girl's chest, making her hard to breathe.

" Let me go. I can't breathe."

" Oh, right. I have to cook."

Hyewon remembers she has just made all the ingredients for the breakfast and she releases Eunbi. The older girl is blushing because of their close skinship so she stands up first.

" You just sit here and wait. I will go cook."

" No! I want to help."

" No way."

Eunbi firmly said and she walks back to the kitchen. She frowns when she sees many broken eggs in the rubbish bin. And she looks at the weird vegetables on the table.

" How she can chop the vegetables in this way? "

She murmurs but she laughs after all.

" Whatever, she is cute."

Eunbi is surprised at her own thought which is starting to betray her. Why I have to think she is cute? Kwon Eunbi, are you crazy? Are you really out of your mind? She is scolding herself and she decides to focus on the cooking to forget about Hyewon.

About half an hour later, Eunbi carried two plates to the table and Hyewon claps.

" Wow, you are so great. I read the recipe of the fried rice the whole yesterday as I heard that it is the easiest dish to cook. And I also watched the YouTube tutorial videos. But I end up failing. But you can cook it in a pro way. That's why I like you."

Hyewon said with two thumbs up but Eunbi doesn't reply anything. If she continues saying she likes me, I think I will take it she is serious with it soon. Eunbi thinks and she looks at Hyewon's face. That perfect girl is enjoying the breakfast that Eunbi has just made What do you really want, Kang Hyewon? 

While Eunbi is staring at her, Hyewon is oblivious of the older girl. She seems she remembers something all of a sudden and she turns around to take a box.

" Here. I took it for you. I know you are not free at night so I want to make your birthday party in the morning. I have to wake up at 3AM to come to you. You have to thank me."

She said and she opens the box to take out the cake. But the smile one her face disappears when she sees that her cake is ruined.

" ! I accidently sat on it. What should I do? Aish, I'm so stupid."

Hyewon is scolding herself and she is hitting her head by herself. Eunbi sighs and she stops the younger girl.

" It's ok. I like it. Let's blow the candles."

She said and Hyewon's face light up.

" Are you not angry with me? "

" Why would I? You are making my day and I even have to thank you."

Eunbi said with a smile and Hyewon widens her eyes.

" Omo. You just smile! You just smile at me!! Ahhhhhhhhhh."

Hyewon becomes crazy and Eunbi shakes her head. She takes out the candles from the cake box and she lights the candles. Hyewon sings the birthday song, clapping while looking at Eunbi with a huge smile on her face.

" Ah, I have another gift for you other than my breakfast."

Hyewon proudly said and Eunbi raises her eyebrow in curiosity. Hyewon pushes two Hughes bags towards Eunbi.

" What is this? "

" My birthday present for you. I was thinking what I should give you. And I know that I have school to go so I can't stay by your side all the time. That's why I get the idea."

She takes the upper most hoodie which is bright yellow in color from the bag and she makes Eunbi raise her hands. And she puts the hoodie on the older girl.

" I bought hoodies for you. They are wrapping around body like I am hugging you, will give you warmth and strength."

She said, trying to remember the dialogue that she had learnt from the sale girl.

" Wear them and do your work. Even if I am not around, you will not be lonely. See, it is comfortable to wear, right? "

" Why there are too many? "

" Oh, I don't know what color you like so I just bought the whole series. Hey, it is not cheap things. It is branded. See."

Hyewon is back to her usual rude self and Eunbi just shakes her head. Finally they are done with breakfast and Hyewon stands up and she pulls Eunbi up too.

" C'm on, Kwon Eunbi. We need to deliver milk and newspaper, right? "

" You are coming with me? "

" Of course, I'm giving my whole day to you. Let's go. We have no time."

Hyewon is full of energy and she pushes Eunbi out of the house to start working. But after walking about two hours, Hyewon becomes tired. She even can't walk properly.

" Ya! * pant pant * Kwon Eunbi * pant pant * Slow down * pant pant * "

" We need to deliver all of them, remember? Pick your lazy up and let's go."

" Aish."

Eunbi is silently laughing at the weird girl Kang Hyewon. This girl is really stubborn. She doesn't give up as she keeps following her around.

She knows they are not meant to be and she even tried to avoid her. But Hyewon keeps coming no matter how many times she tries to pushes her away. Her brain is telling her to stop but her heart has betrayed her. 

And Eunbi realizes that she has already fallen for this cute tanned handsome called Kang Hyewon. 

 

 

xxx                          xxx                              xxx

 

 

 

Chaeyoung is driving to Myoui Bag Company as she needs to give Mina the paper she needs to sign. She is excited to see the older girl as it has been three days since they last met. The last time they met, Mina had an emergency call from her sister and they united as 5. Now, there is only 2 persons to locate. Chaeyoung is promising herself to find them no matter what.

She stops the car and uses the elevator to Mina's office. She smiles shyly as she remembers the moment of them in the last elevator ride. That type of Mina is really cool and she loves every way of Mina's caring towards her. At that time, the elevator door is opened and she reaches to Mina's office. She can't wait to see her.

" Oh, Lawyer Son."

" Hello, Dahyun-sshi. I came to see your boss."

" She took off today."

" Off? Why? Is she sick? "

Dahyun shakes her head.

" I don't know. She said nothing except she would take a day off."

" Awww, then, I will leave the papers with you. Please send them to her. They are important."

" I will."

Dahyun takes the papers and Chaeyoung walks out from the office again. Her mind is cloudy as she wonders why Mina is taking a day off. And she become worried too. What if she is really sick? Should I give a call? Chaeyoung thinks and she takes out her phone. But she shakes her head as it will be super weird if she gives a call. What she should say if Mina asks what's the matter? Should she say I am worried for you? This is a totally bad idea.

" Lawyer Son! "

Chaeyoung turns around to see Dahyun with the files she just gave her.

" Yes? "

" Can you go to Miss and give it by yourself? It's almost end of office hour and I have a date that I promised. I am so sorry."

" Umm, ok."

" I will give you the address. Here."

Chaeyoung takes the address and she comes down again. Oh, It's too awkward to go to her house. I am going to be crazy. Chaeyoung thinks while she starts driving to Mina's house. It's getting dark when she is in front of the house that Dahyun said. The house is too big for someone to live alone. She thinks while checking the home number.

She rings the bells and has to wait for a few seconds before the door is opened. Mina seems to be surprised to see Chaeyoung at the door. She Is wearing penguin printed night dress. Chaeyoung is staring at Mina's bare face with opened, admiring the beauty in front of her. And she seems she is not sick at all. What a relief.

" Chaeyoung? What are you doing here? "

Mina seems she is a little embarrassed to be seen with her home fashion. Chaeyoung clears as she is trying hard to act normal. She makes a fake laugh and shows Mina the files in her hands.

" I went to your office to give you this files. But they said you took off today. I gave the files to your assistant but she said she has to go a date so she asked me a favor to send the files by myself to you."

" Ah, thank you. Sorry for giving you trouble."

" It's nothing."

Chaeyoung gives the files to Mina and she opens her car door.

" So, I'm leaving. Bye."

" Chaeyoung-ah."

" Nae? "

Chaeyoung looks at Mina, waiting for her to continue.

" Actually, it's my birthday. I mean it's our birthday. I don't want to be alone on this day. Do you want to come in? "

" Su- sure."

Chaeyoung is super exciting to come inside of Mna's house. It is really a big house for someone to live alone. She must be really lonely. Chaeyoung thinks. She sits on the sofa and looks around. The house is neat and tidy. The walls are painted in gray, a few paintings are hanging on the wall. Chaeyoung smiles at the photo on the opposite wall, Mina dancing ballet.

The TV is already on and it seems Mina is watching a movie. Mina comes back with a bowl of popcorn in her hand. She puts the popcorn bowl on the small table in front of them.

" Thanks for joining me."

" No need to thank me. I have nothing to do tonight, either."

Chaeyoung said as she removes her coat. And she s the top two buttons of her shirt, and she sits on the floor leaning back on the sofa. 

" Why don't you sit on the sofa? "

" I love to sit on the floor."

Chaeyoung answers and Mina laughs. She sits on the sofa behind Chaeyoung and they start to watch the new movie. Mina lies down on the sofa and she makes comfortable for herself too.

" Don't you go meet your sisters? "

" They are not free. Actually, since 12 years ago, I like to spend this day alone, in my room. Although we are now 5, there is still two sisters who are nowhere to be found. I am worried for them."

" I'm sure they are living well in somewhere."

Chaeyoung said while she trying to Mina with her hand. Her sleeve has already pushed up, revealing her forearm and something catches Mina's attention.

" Wow, you have a tattoo here."

Mina notices the tattoo on her forearm which is in a lip shaped and she sits up in curiosity. Chaeyoung laughs and she sits up too.

" Yeah, I love tattoos. Wanna see? "

" Yes. Yes."

Chaeyeoung smiles and she shows Mina every single one she has done on her body. They are too many, in various shapes and colors, and they are from cute little tattoos to big y ones.

" I love the one here."

When they both resume their normal position, Mina said while she lightly the one behind Chaeyoung's ear. It is in the shape of a heart with an arrow in it. Chaeyoung shoves her shoulder as it is a little ticklish. Mina laughs at the cute gesture of the girl.

" Minari, say ahh."

Chaeyoung takes the popcorn and gives it to Mina so that the girl will stop tickling her. Mina gladly takes it but she continues playing with the younger girl's ticklish spots.

" awwww, you are such a tease Minari."

Chaeyoung said and she smirks, slowly turns around to the older girl.

" What are you doing? "

" Revenge!!!!!! "

" No!! "

Chaeyoung throws herself onto Mina like a baby tiger and she sits on the older girl, starts to tickle her hard.

 " Ahahahahhahahhaha, Chaengie stop! "

" Ah, it's really fun."

Finally, Chaeyoung said as she removes herself from Mina, sitting beside the older girl. Mina is pouting as she has just lost the battle. Chaeyoung laughs at her and she slaps the younger girl's arm lightly. 

" Minari, mianhae."

" Waeyo? "

" I didn't know that it is your birthday. I didn't take any present for you."

" No need to give me present. Staying together with me is enough."

" I'm sorry."

Chaeyoung said and Mina sticks her tongue out, saying it is really ok. They continue watching the movie and Chaeyoung notices Mina has been quiet. She looks at the girl and she finds that the girl has already fallen asleep. Chaeyoung sits down on the floor again and she moves herself closer to Mina, to examine the beauty carefully.

This fragile girl has been too tired. Don't worry, Minari. I'm here for you, You will not be alone anymore. She thinks as she stokes the older girl's strands gently. She sighs as she feels bad for doing nothing for the girl's birthday.

Wait. She suddenly notices a pencil on the table and she smiles. Yes, there is one thing I am confident with. Chaeyoung takes the pencil and she searches for a paper. After she has done with her work, it has been 10PM already. Mina has been sleeping peaceful so she doesn't want to wake the girl up.

She leans closer to Mina and she is about to take a quick peck on the girl, but it will like taking advantage on the sleeping one. She shouldn't. Chaeyoung controls herself and she just whispers Happy Birthday. She silently takes her coat, puts a blanket over the sleeping beauty and leaves the house.

And when Mina wakes up after about an hour, she finds that Chaeyoung has already left. But she notices that there is a paper on the table. She slowly takes it and checks it.

" Oh."

She is surprised to see herself on the paper. Son Chaeyoung is not only a talented person but also an artist. This is the best birthday present Mina has ever received. Mina's eyes becomes teary as she reads the words above the cutiepie's signature at the right corner of the portrait.

                                Love is doing small things with great love.

                                                                                                       -Chaeng-

 

 

 

 

xxx                       xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

" Hey, why are you still doing here? Don't you go back home? "

" I'm going but, I need to check this file first."

Jeongyeon said as she is busy with her computer. Jihyo sighs.

" But today is your birthday. You should spend it with someone you love."

The leader said and she leaves after saying happy birthday and goodbye to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon needs to check the lists of the families who probably adopted Chaeyeon. While she is too immersed in her work, her phone rings. Huh? Why this woman has to call me? Jeongyeon thinks and she answers the call.

" What do you want? "

" Jeong- Jeongyeon-ah."

Huh? Why her voice is shaking?

" Are you ok? What happen? "

" I don't know. There is a man inside the house. He is now in the kitchen and I am hiding under the bed. Come quickly and save me."

" Arasso, don't move. Don't make any sound. Wait for me."

Jeongyeon takes her jacket and runs out from the police station. She drives the car as fast as she can to her house as she is too worried for the bunny girl. What if it is one of Viper's man? How they find out us? She is thinking and takes out her gun from the dashboard, puts it in her pocket. She reaches to her house and runs up at the stairs as fast as she can.

The front door is clear. There is no one. She enters the passcoad to the door. The door is opened and Jeongyeon takes out the gun She inhales and pushes the door gently. She peeks in the living room and finds out that the whole house is dark. She uses her ninja steps and checks the living room.. Clear. So where is that bastard? Where is Nayeon?

At that time, she notices a light from the kitchen and she walks to there like a cat. She is sticking her back to the wall and moving silently. When she reaches to the kitchen, she aims at her gun to the light. Huh? To her surprise, there is no one inside, instead, there is a cake with lighted candles, waiting for her.

" Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you Jeongyeonie... Happy birthday... tooo.... youuuuuuu."

She turns around to see Nayeon wearing a party hat and smiling innocently at her. She is jumping up and down as Jeongyeon has been tricked by her.

" Happy birthday!!! Yah~~ Yoo Jeongyeon~~ Smile, hmmm? Don't you blow the candles? "

She asks but Jeongyeon is still glaring at her.

" Yah! Are you making a prank on me? "

She shouts and Nayeon has to lean back her body while frowning.

" Yah~ Why are you shouting at me? I just want to make a surprise for you. But you didn't come back home early so i have to call you."

" ! Do you know how much I have to worry about you? I drove as fast as I could just because of you."

She shouts but she is confused when she sees that Nayeon starts to smile with her usual smirk.

" What is this face? "

" You just said that you are running back home just because of me. This means you are worried for me. Awww, that's so sweet, Jeongyeonie."

" Yah! Stop talking nonsense! Why I have to worry about you? "

" Really? Then why you ran to me? Hmm? Tell me, tell me, tell tell tell tell tell me."

" Omo, the candles are about to melt. I have to blow them."

Jeongyeon changes the topic and she crosses her hands to make a wish. Please, I can find all my sisters soon. And she blows the candles. Nayeon claps and she switches on the lights again, Jeongyeon can't help but smiles when she sees a bunny on the cake. She takes the strawberry that is decorated on the cake and she hands it to Nayeon.

" Ahh~"

Nayeon smiles and she gladly takes the fruit. 

" Why you are so happy? "

" Because you have to feed your birthday cake first to the one you love most."

" Geez, there is only me and you here."

But Nayeon just ignores her and she tags on Jeongyeon's jacket.

" Jeongyeonie, since today is your birthday, let's go out a date."

" No date for today."

" Fine, then, let's go out. I want to go to N Seoul tower."

Huh? Jeongyeon is surprised as Nayeon suggests to go to such place. 

" Isn't the place where couples go? "

" Exactly. I saw it in dramas and I want to visit there. Please. Please. Please."

" Fine. Fine. Stop using that ageyo."

" Yay! "

And now, they are in Jeongyeon's car, heading to the famous N Seoul tower. Nayeon is wearing her usual sunglasses and big hat but she doesn't bring her mask today. She is jumping up and down in the car, annoying non-stop. Finally, they have reached to N Seoul tower.

" Yah! Stay close to me or you will get lost."

" Arasso~~"

Nayeon said but Jeongyeon shakes her head in disbelief when Nayeon sees the lock shop and she runs to there.

" Jeongyeonie, come quickly."

" Yah! Lower your voice, everyone is watching  us."

" Just search for the perfect lock."

Nayeon ignores her again as she starts looks for the lock in her style. Finally, she chooses one and Jeongyeon has to pay for it. She even buy a pen to write.

" Wow, they are too many!!! "

Nayeon is excited and she runs to the railing where there are many locks left on there. She is jumping up and down again, in Jeongyeon's eyes, she looks like a bunny girl like always.

" Show me how to do."

" Alright. See."

Jeongyeon takes out the lock and key.

" You can write you and your lover names on the lock, then you go there and place anywhere you like, then throw the key away. It is called Padlocks of love which people dream that their love will last forever."

" I got it."

Nayeon starts writing. Jeongyeon takes a peek and to her surprise, the bunny girl is writing "JY+NY". Before she can say anything, Nayeon is already making her way to the railing and locking the lock.

" Yah! Im Nayeon! "

Nayeon successfully locks and she just throws the key away. Jeongyeon is left with mouth opened, in shock.

" You just wrote my name."

" Yes, there is only me and you here, so, of course, I wrote your name."

" Really?"

Jeongyeon said while scratching her neck and starts to walk away. Nayeon shakes her head. 

" Pabo-ah, you are really stupid. Anyway, here is your present."

" Where? "

Jeongyeon suddenly turns around and she is surprised when something is touching on her lips.

*Blink Blink Blink*

Nayeon is extending her hand to Jeongyeon, offering a plushy bunny keychain to her, but she is short and Jeongyeon is so tall that the bunny ends up landing on Jeongyeon's lips. 

" Aham."

Jeongyeon straightens her body back and she makes a fake cough. But she takes the bunny keychain from Nayeon's hand. The shorter girl is smirking as her plan goes successful.

" Where do you get all these things? The cake, this keychain."

" I have made some new friends."

" Oh, fine. Whatever, we are wasting time here. Let's go home. We are out for too long."

The tall girl said and she walks away from Nayeon. Aish, what is this woman doing? She even kissed me with her keychain. Is this her another prank? She thinks.

And she looks at the bunny keychain in her hand. It's cute and as white as a fur ball. I'll make it as my car keychain. Jeongyeon is thinking and smiling to herself.

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!! Wait for me."

" Catch me if you can with your short legs."

Nayeon shouts and Jeongyeon shouts back. Nayeon pouts and she starts running to her but Jeongyeon increase her walking pace so that Nayeon will not catch her.

" Jeongyeonie~~ Let's go together."

And Nayeon uses her deadly ageyo. Jeongyeon has to stop and she needs to wait for her as she can't resist that amount of Ageyo. Nayeon smirks and she said Pabo to Jeongyeon as she walks passed the girl and leads their way. Jeongyeon laughs.

Aish, this woman...

 

 

A/N : And the special chapters end here. Hehehe. Don't forget to leave your thoughts.