Chapter 26

The Pleiades

Nayeon is still tied on the chair and there are about 10 guys around her. Some of them are even carrying sticks in thier hands. Viper is sitting on his seat and playing with his dagger. Nayeon watches as he is rubbing the blade of the dagger, they are so scary. What if Yoo Jeongyeon will come to her? No, she won't come unless she is a Pabo. Damn, she is a Pabo.

While she is thinking, she hears a car engine sound. Everyone seems to hear it too. They all stand up and be ready while Viper jumps down from his seat. He walks to Nayeon and unties her ropes. And he pushes her to his men and the two of them grab her by her arms.

" Show time, honey."

Viper said to her and he walks to the front to face the tall figure who is making her way into the old factory. Yoo Jeongyeon seemed to be super angry. She is glaring at them like a beast and he laughs.

" Why are you so angry? Hmm? Because I found out your identity? "

At that time, his men from outside run in and inform him.

" She is alone here, Sir."

" Good."

Viper smirks and Jeongyeon is impatient with him.

" Where is Im Nayeon? "

Viper signals his men and they pull Nayeon into the light.

" Yoo Jeongyeon, don't come! "

" Nayeon-ah, don't be scared. I'm here."

" Huh, you are going to die and you are saying her not to be scared. That's funny."

He is laughing and Jeongyeon asks.

" Now, tell me. You are going to kill me like you did to my father, Kwon ByunSeo? "

" I didn't kill him."

" Really? I thought you killed him."

" That's why I keep saying that Polices are stupid. I never killed him. He was shot with a gun. Not with my blade. All I did was cleared the scene and burnt down your home sweet home."

" You bastard! Don't lie to me. If you did not kill him, who killed? "

Viper is laughing really loud at the furious Jeongyeon.

" Well, you are going to die anyway so I'm telling you. I'm not the real boss of the gang. There is someone above me. I'm his assistant only. You can't even beat me and how can you beat him? Hmm? "

" Who is he? "

" You will have no idea but I'm telling you because I want you to know the truth before you die. The Boss is Choi Minho. Oh, you won't know him. He is the boss of Paradise company. Hehehe. You have no idea, right? "

He said Jeongyeon smirks.

" Now, I have."

She said and his face changes. At that time, they hear some scream from outside and some of the polices have just entered the factory.

" Huh? "

 

 

 

Jihyo comes out from her office and she looks at Jeongyeon's table but there is no one at there.

" Where is Yoo Jeongyeon? "

" She said she is going to get some fresh air."

" Aish, fools, shei s leaving for Im Nayeon. Prepare to go on the mission. Now!!! "

She shouts as she runs out of the head quarter to catch Jeongyeon. She sees Jeongyeon's car starts moving from the parking lot and she jumps in front of the car to make it stop.

* car brake *

" Leader! Are you crazy? You can die!! "

" But you are crazier and more stupid. How can you think to go alone? "

" But he will hurt her if I don't go alone."

" You don't have to. Listen. You go in light while we follow in shadow." 

Jihyo smiles and she explains her plan. 

 

 

Jeongyeon is looking Viper with a smirk on her face. The man frowns and he pushes one of his men to her. Jeongyeon takes a step to the back to avoid the high kick from the man and she starts fighting with the men around her. The polices are also joining the fight and there is no way out of Viper to run away.

Jeongyeon is making her way to get to the two men who are trying to get away with Nayeon. One of the men lets go of Nayeon and he runs to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon knows that she will not get upper ground if she fights with a man so she keeps avoiding his attacks and waits for the best chance.

He uses all his forces and throws his fist to Jeongyeon's face. Jeongyeon takes a step to the side as she holds onto the man's forearm and kicks him hard between his legs, sending him to the ground with only one kick. The other man doesn't know what to do and he finally lets go of Nayeon's arm as he throws himself onto Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon tries to push him off from her but he sits on her and hits her head to the ground. Jeongyeon groans but she takes his hand and starts breaking his little finger making him scream in pain. Jeongyeon removes his fingers from her collar one by one and finally she can successfully kicks him away from her.

" Are you ok? "

Jeongyeon is worried for Nayeon who is standing nearby and she asks. And she fails to notice a man running to her and hit her with the stick. Jeongyeon feels burning like pain from her right back and she is breathless due to the pain but she tries to avoid another from him. She uses the chance of him attacking her so aggressively and losing his balance to kick his leg. He falls down onto the ground and before he can get up again she kicks on his head and lets him sleep for a few minutes.

" Ahh, that's hurt."

Jeongyeon frowns as she whispers while trying to rub the sore spot on her back. She walks to Nayeon slowly while the shorter girl sees Viper running to Jeongyeon with the dagger in his hand.

" Yoo Jeongyeon!!!! "

Nayeon also runs to her as she pushes the taller girl to the side, the dagger is now directing to her.

" Im Nayeon!!! "

Jeongyeon tries to take out her gun but bofore she can, they hear a bang from the back, making Viper to fall on the ground before he can reach to Nayeon. Jeongyeon looks at the direction and she sees that Jihyo makes the shot to the leg, nodding her with a smirk. Jeongyeon nods back as she runs to Viper, sits on his back with her knee and takes out the handcuffs to arrest him.

She looks around and they win the fight as all of the gang are now being arrested. The forces are now clearing the ground as they find various kinds of drugs in the containers. Jeongyeon walks to Nayeon who is sitting in the ambulance after she has done with everything.

" Yoo Jeongyeon!!!! "

Nayeon drops the blanket which is put on her shoulders as she runs to the taller girl. She hugs her by the neck and Jeongyeon hugs her back.

" Are you hurt? I'll kill that bastard if he dared to touch you."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon shakes her head while hiding her face in Jeogeon's embrace. The taller girl removes herself from Nayeon and she looks at the shorter girl. She then sighs when she sees some bruises from Nayeon's face.

" I'm sorry. I coudn't protect you."

" Aigoo, Pabo. Stop talking nonsenses and let's go to hospital."

" Wae? Are you hurt? "

" No, you should check your back. It was hit really hard. I thought you could break some ribs."

Nayeon said with a laugh while she is wiping her tears. She becomes sobbing and she runs into Jeongyeon's embrace again.

" I thought you are stabbed when that man ran to you."

" Then you pushed me away and took that dagger instead? How stupid of you! "

" Coz I was worried for you."

Nayeon whispers as she hides herself in Jeongyeon's jacket. Jeongyeon smiles and she hugs the girl back. It is a relief that she can hold Nayeon in her arms again. And it will be the best if she can hold her in embrace forever.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

The next day...

Chaeyeon, Eunbi and Hyewon are sitting together at the canteen. They are talking about their sisters' stories and Hyewon becomes a total fan of them.

" So, your unnie took her squad and went after Nayeon unnie to save her from the bad guys? That's so epic. It even looks like a drama. Did they use guns too? "

" Yah, Kang Hyewon, this is police stuffs. How can we know in details? But we are glad that they are caught. I couldn't sleep at nights as I was worried for my sisters these days."

Eunbi said and Hyewon nods her head. She pinches Eunbi's cheek lightly and lovingly.

" You should tell me earlier. I would hold you in my embrace and let you fall asleep."

" Eek, cheesy."

Eunbi slaps Hyewon's arm and the younger girl is giggling. Chaeyeon is looking at the two and she feels really down. Eunbi notices her sister's behavior and she asks.

" Chaeyeon-ah, don't you do something about your relationship? "

" What should I do, unnie? She said she was done with me."

Chaeyeon sighs and Eunbi and Hyewon look at each other. Hyewon pads her friend's shoulder.

" It's not like this. She is just pushing you away. She may wait that you come back to her."

" Really? "

" Yeah. Your sister pushed me away too hard but I never gave up. And finally, she returned her love for me."

Hyewon explains as she looks at Eunbi with love filled gaze. Eunbi smiles shyly but she holds her lover's hand under the table. Hyewon feels like she is completed already with this kind of action from the older girl.

Chaeyeon stands up suddenly and the two look at her. She smiles at her as she takes her shirt that she puts on the empty seat beside her.

" I'm going to her house. I'll try to meet her and ask forgiveness from her."

" Good luck."

" Thanks for the advice, guys."

Chaeyeon said and she walks fast to Minju's class. She has been waiting all the time and finally, it is the lunch break time. She waits till all the students are out and there is no sign of Minju. Hmm, where is she? Chaeyeon decides to ask someone and she asks the random girl she sees coming out from the class.

" Hello."

" Nae, what can I help you? "

" Oh, have you seen Kim Minju today? "

" Minju? She has been absent for.... a week."

" Absent for a week? "

" Yes. You should try calling her."

" Nae, thank you."

Chaeyeon bows at her and she walks away from there. Why Minju has been absent for a week? Wait, she said she was sick. Are you feeling sick again? Chaeyeon decides to go check at her house. She runs to the Parking where she left her bike and she rides it to Minju's house.

She presses the doorbell and waits for a few seconds then a woman answers the door.

" Hello, young lady, what can I help you? "

" I'm Minju's friend. I want to see her."

" Oh, Minju."

The woman changes her face. The smile on her face disappears but it is only for a few seconds. She wears the smile back immediately but it is long enough for Chaeyeon to notice it.

" Minju is not at home. She went on vacation to her uncle."

" I thought she was sick. Thanks god."

Chaeyeon said and she bows at her.

" Thank you, please tell her that I came to the house."

" Nae, I will."

The door is closed again. Chaeyeon walks back to the bike and she looks up to the window of Minju's room. She deosn't know but she doesn't believe that Minju is really on vacation. She sighs and staring at the window for a few minutes hoping that she can see Minju's shadow. But nothing happens and finally, she gives up, driving back to her house.

She dials to Yuri immediately when she reaches in her room.

" Chaeyeon-ah, waeyo? "

" I have something to ask you."

" Nae."

" Do you know where Minju is? "

" Minju? No, I haven't seen her for weeks. She didn't even call me."

" Oh, I got it. Do you know she is on vacation to her uncle? "

" Umm? What are you talking about? "

" Oop, sorry. Bye Yuri. Say hi to Yena."

" Ok, bye."

Chaeyeon sighs and puts the phone on her chest. She tries to call Minju but the phone is still power off. Oh, Minju. Where are you?

 

 

 

 

xxx                                  xxx                                   xxx

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung is sitting on the bed and trying to eat her dinner with her sister beside her. Son Naeun sighs as she sees how much her sister is struggling with her left hand to eat.

" Yah, let me help you."

" No, I'm not a kid. I can do it by myself."

Chaeyoung fights back and Naeun shakes her head at her stubborn sister. At that time, the door is opened and Eunji and Mina come in. They put the things they have taken on the table and Mina makes her way to the bed and sits.

" Everything alright? "

Naeun asks and Eunji nods with a smile.

" Yes, Jeongyeon is safe luckily. And Chorong unnie is busy for tomorrow meeting."

" Chaeng, I have to go to company tomorrow."

Mina said to Chaeyong and the injured girl nods.

" Nae, you have work to go. I can take care of myself. And unnie is with me too. Don't worry. Actually, I want to be there as your lawyer."

" An ex-lawyer. You quitted, remember? "

Mina jokes and Chaeyoung pouts. And she continues tries to eat with her left hand. Mina is looking at the cute girl struggling and she takes the bowl from the table.

" Just let me feed you."

Mina takes a spoonful of the soup and she blows gently to cool it down to be edible and she gives it to Chaeyoung which the younger girl gladly opens and accepts the food.

" Geez, Son Chaeyoung. I hate you."

Naeun rolls her eyes and she stands up from her seat. Chaeyoung sticks her tongue out and Naeun copies the action. Eunji and Mina are laughing at the childish sisters and Eunji takes Naeun out of the room so that the new couple will get their alone time.

" They are cute, right? "

" Imm, I'm so glad that Chaeng's recovering fast. If not, I can't forgive myself for being a bad sister."

" Hey, who said you are a bad sister? You are too good already."

Eunji holds Naeun's hand as they walk along the corridor of the hospital. The two finally reach in the garden of the hospital and they sit at there. Naeun leans on Eunji's shoulder and she sighs.

" I wanted to live in a peaceful life. I never thought that these things will happen to us."

" I'm sorry, Naeunnie. But after tomorrow, everything is going to end. We will catch that man and we will end this nightmare. And we can go back to our peaceful life again."

" Who said I will go back with you? "

" Umm? really? I thought you wanted."

Eunji is pouting and Naeun laughs at her cuteness. She pinches Eunji's nose and the older girl is still frowning. But Naeun takes a quick peck on her cheek and leans back to her original position, making Eunji to smile immediately. They comfortably sit there for some time and finally, they decide to go back to Chaeyoung's room.

" Eunji-ah, is that Minju? "

" Who is Minju? Ahh, Chaeyeon's girlfriend. Where? "

Naeun is pointing a girl who is sitting in front of the X-ray department. She is wearing the hospital pajama and waiting for her turn with her parents, may be. Hmmm, the 2eun couple look at each other in curiosity.

" What is she doing here? "

" It seems she is in hospital. I'll go ask her later. Now, let's go. She seems to be busy."

Eunji said and she leads Naeun back to the room. Naeun takes a curious glance at Minju who is as pale as a white paper and she sighs before she takes the corner turn.