Chapter 5

The Pleiades

Jeongyeon is falling alseep peacefully on her bed. But the morning sun seems he doesn't want to let her to sail in her pretty dreamland. He spreads his radiations on her face by the window and Jeongyeon finally twitches her face and wakes up.

She extends her body and spreads her legs and arms before she sits up on the bed with half-opened eyes, wondering why she has work to go. Saying about work, she has to explain many things. Ahhh, I don't want to. She is complainting in her mind.

Suddenly, she remembers the tattoo guy that she saw in weird's girl's camera. She is not sure that it was the same tattoo she had seen in her childhood as she could only take a glance to it. But she has a bad feeling about that.

She sighs and stands up from her bed, walks into the bedroom to do her morning stuffs. She is looking at her own reflection in the mirror while brushing her teeth. Ah, I don't know if we have spare toothbrush for the withness girl. She thinks and frowns.

And after she has changed her clothes for the work, she comes out from her room. To her surprise, she is greeted by a funny smell which smells like delicious from the kitchen. Oh, unnie is making breakfast? She is too kind to the visitor, isn't she? And she shouts.

" Unnie, what are you making for breakfast? It smells so good."

She enters the kitchen and she sees Chorong sitting on the table with a cup of coffee.

" Morning, unnie."

" Morning, baby."

" What are you making for breakfast? "

" I'm not making breakfast."

" Then who did? "

Jeongyeon asks but she is greeted by a cheerful loud voice coming out from the kitchen.

" Good morninggggg! "

Jeongyeon widens her eyes and she looks at Nayeon who is wearing an apron and coming out from the kitchen with a plate of pancakes in her hand. She puts it on the table and gives a naughty smirk. What's wrong with this woman? But Chorong smiles back at her and says Thank you. Wow, unnie is getting along with her.

" Do you want coffee? "

Jeongyeon opens and answers something. But she finds it awkward and just gives a nod. The Itqly girl runs back to the kitchen. She sits down at the table beside Chorong and whispers.

" Why she is making breakfast? "

" She is a chef working in Italy. She said she didn't want to sit and give trouble to us. And ahe begged me to let her make food for us."

" Weird girl. And you let her? "

" Yes, I know how she will feel to stay in a stranger's house. So, I let her make breakfast. Plus I want to taste how the chef cooks."

Jeongyeon doesn't know what to reply. At that time, Nayeon puts another cup of coffee for Jeongyeon and the later replies with a weird smile as a response. 

" Very delicious."

Chorong said and Nayeon smiles.

" Unnie, I have something to say."

" Hmm? "

Jeongyeon is thinking of telling Chorong about the tattoo guy but she thinks twice and realize that it is not a good idea. Well, I still can't tell it is really him or not. I will tell unnie later.

She thinks and she shakes her head.

" Nothing. I was about to ask if you found someone good at work. You know, you are not a teenager anymore. You should find your love."

" Yah! It'a not that easy. I have many works beside finding love. Plus I swear to Appa that I will find all my sisters. Before that, I don't want to date."

Chorong replies. Nayeon who is pretending she doesn't care about them is secretly listening to them while chewing her food. Chorong sighs and she stands up.

" I will go to work. Bye Jeongyeonie."

And she also bows at Nayeon.

" Bye, Nayeon-sshi. Thanks for the breakfast. "

" You are welcome. Bye, unnie."

Nayeon uses some informal Korean words and Chorong chuckles. Jeongyeom doesn't get a thing why they are so close and she just stays quiet. After Chorong has left, Nayeon brings all their plates to wash. Jeongyeon helps her to carry the dishes and Nayeon keeps giving her a smirk.

" Huh. You can speak Korean very well. Are your family use Korean at home? "

" No, but I learnt a lot from my grandmother. And I'm a big K-drama fan so I learnt through movies and series, too."

" Wow. You are really good. How you become close to my sister? "

" She is nice. I like her. If I have any money left, I would buy some flowers for her and says proper thank you."

Nayeon said with a pout and Jeongyeon laughs at her silliness. She takes the dish from the counter and puts it back in place while Nayeon turns around to put the dish also.

" Omo."

But they are now facing each other too close. Their faces are only 3 inches apart and they are staring each other without blinking in shock.

She has big eyes. The brown orbs are too warm and I can see that even her eyes are grinning like her. Jeongyeon thinks. Nayeon flashes her usual smirk as she leans in towards Jeongyeon.

What the hell is she doing!

Jeongyeonthinks. But Nayeon's face is too close to her and she can't do anything. The short stature of Nayeon is leaning her whole body onto Jeongyeon and Jeongyeon is feeling like Nayeon is about to hug her. Or may be more? Her knees become weak as she can sense hot breathe of Nayeon on her chest. She can even feels her own heartbeat now. Omo Omo Omo.

Jeongyeon inhales and she closes her eyes tightly, waiting for the touch but it never lands onto her. She waits for a stupid three seconds and then opens her eyes again, seeing Nayeon leaning over her and puts the plates in their places.

What the hack? What I am thinking? It's so embarrassing!!! Jeongyeon thinks and she clears , trying to hide her red face. But Nayeon seems like she doesn't aware of the close contact between them and she resumes washing the pans.

Does she always like this? She is always used to the skinships? But before Jeongyeon can get her answer, Nayeon finishes the washing and she turns to Jeongyeon again.

" Are you staying at home, Yoo Jeongyeon-sshi? "

" No. I have to go work."

" Should I come with you? "

" No. They said you will be under my protection. And I don't want you coming to the Head Quarter with me as someone may be waiting and watching us there. It will be more safe for you to hide in the house."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon nods. She seems a little disappointed.

" I thought I was going to explore around Seoul with you."

" This is no way. You are an important withness and there are bad guys looking for you outside. You have to stay inside before we can get you out from Korea."

Nayeon is thinking but Jeongyeon thinks that woman gets the point. She grabs her coat from the chair and she said goodbye to Nayeon before she locks her inside the house.

" Aish, that was too embarrassing."

Jeongyeon murmurs as she enters the car and drives to the Head Quarter. She doesn't know but she thinks her face is still red and her heartbeat is still irregular.

May be because the girl is too short and too loud and too talkative and this annoys her too much. She just can't think straight. Yes. That it. Jeongyeon is giving reasons to herself and she drives away from home with a stupid shy smile on her face. Having one more family member is fun, haha, she thinks.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                          xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

Chorong has been busy the whole day. They are making a project and she is double busy than the others as she is a new kid. She is now taking coffee from the coffee machine for everyone during lunch break. She puts the coffee cups in a paper tray and she walks back to the office.

" Oh, Chorong-sshi, you should tell me. I can help you, you know? "

Suho quickly stands up from his desk and he takes the tray from Chorong. Chorong smiles at him as a Thank you and she gives coffee to everyone.

" Haha, I think our maknaes are doing a great match."

" Yah, they look cute together."

Siwon teases them and Sojin agrees. The others join the teasing and Chorong is lowering her head as she gets embarrassed. Suho is just laughing nervously while rubbing his neck, secretly enjoying the teasing.

Chorong decides to take a break and she walks to the corner of the stairs with her coffee. And she remembers what Jeongyeon said this morning.

I am not a teenager anymore. I should find someone at work? No, no. I have to find my sisters first. I had failed them once. I should not follow my own happiness then them.

" Chorong-sshi."

Her thought are cut off by Suho who is smiling at her while walking down from the stairs.

" Are you angry? "

" For what? "

" You know, they are teasing us and ummm... I'm sorry..."

" It's ok."

Chorong said. But she notices the brightness in Suho's eyes which are shining with hopes so she quickly adds.

" We know they are just teasing. We are new kids here. Haha."

" Yeah, haha. Yes, they are."

Suho laughs along with her nervously. They stand awkwardly at that spot since no one knows how to continue. Finally, Suho clears his throat and said.

" Umm, I will go back to work. Coming? "

" No, I wanna stay here for a few minutes. I will join you later."

" Alright."

Suho smiles and he goes up to the stairs, enters the office. Chorong sighs as she can sense what the boy is up to but she can't. She just can't give the man hope high.

" Hey. What are you doing here? "

Chorong is surprised to see her manager Yoon Bomi, using the stairs and walking to the office.

" Anneyeong, manager."

" Nae. What are you doing here alone? "

" Ummmm, thinking? "

Chorong answers uncertainly and Bomi laughs.

" Why don't you use the elevator? "

" Actually, I was planning about coming to this corner and think. But someone has taken down my idea."

" Oh, sorry. I am going back to work."

" No, it's ok."

Chorong is about to go up but Bomi quickly pulls her hand and stops her. Chorong becomes shy because of the sudden touch and she takes a glance at Bomi's hand which is grabbing hers, making Bomi to quickly let go.

" Sorry."

Chorong lowers her head to hide the blushing and Bomi tries to break the awkwardness.

" You said you will bring me a cup of coffee, right? Can I have yours? "

" Nae? "

Bomi takes the coffee cup from Chorong's hand in reflect and she takes a sip. Chorong's face turns into a tomato because of Bomi's bold action. Bomi also notices that she has messed up with the situation and she is now laughing nervously.

" It's a good coffee. Hahaha. I like it. I'm going."

And she walks away from Chorong quickly. Aish, Pabomi. Why you just drank her coffee? It is too weird. She will think you as a weirdo. She is blaming herself and pulling her own hair in embarrassed. And she forgets the idea of getting the files from her office and she returns from company.

Chorong also can't concentrate on the work anymore. She is just staring at the coffee cup which is stained a red lipstick that Bomi wore. She doesn't understand why her manager acts so weirdly but she knows she is enjoying the weird vibe coming from Bomi.

" Chorong-sshi, we are going home. Are you coming? "

" Not yet. I have to finish these papers today. If not, the manager will kick me out from the company."

Chorong replies with a fun tone. But she still can feel hotness from the name "manager" who just gave a lip marking on her cup. Her teammates said goodbye to her and Chorong is left alone in the office.

On the other hand, Bomi is waiting for the time everyone will go home as she has to take the files in her office. But she is too embarrassed to face Chorong so she needs to wait and sneak into her own office.

Bomi laughs at herself and thinks how foolish she is. She is the manager but she messed up with things like her teenager days. She is lost in her own thoughts and she opens the door of their office. To her horror, she sees Chorong still working at her desk.

Umm? She doesn't going back home? Did she know I will come back? No, it can't be.

Bomi silently closes the door and she is about to run but she stops her steps. But I had nothing wrong. I just made some stupid action. I should make it up to her. C'm on Bomi. Let's make up and erase the tension. Bomi thinks and she runs down to the comapany again.

Chorong has finished her works already and finally she can go home. She smiles and closes the computer. And her eyes land on the coffee cup and she shakes her head. I should forget about it. It is nothing and if I continue acting shy, she will be more awkward.

" Have you eaten? "

But her thoughts are shot by a voice coming from her back. She turns around to see Bomi, who is carrying a bag and showing it to her.

" Manager! "

" I came here to take some files and I saw you still working so I bought dinner for us. Wanna join? "

Bomi said with a smile and Chorong smiles too.

" Nae, I would love to. What did you buy? "

" Chicken and cola."

Bomi sits on Chorong's desk while putting the box beside her. Chorong helps Bomi, opening the box. The smell of the chicken runs into their nosestrils and Chorong realizes how hungry she has been.

They talk about random things, laugh at each other's jokes and they know they become close to each other.

" So you are older than me? "

" I think so."

" Then I'll call you Chorong unnie."

" It is inappropriate, Manager-sshi."

" C'm on. I think we are friends now. We can keep it as a secret. Hmmmm, UNNIE."

Bomi is teasing Chorong and Chorong laughs.

" Alright, Bbom-ah, I will let you call unnie outside work."

" Bbom-ah? "

" Yes, you are the younger one."

" Fine. I like it."

Bomi shows her eyesmile and Chorong finds that her manager is a very special lady. Well, she knows Yoon Bomi is beautiful since the first time they meet. But to see her smile, eyesmile and her loud laugh, they are also cute. She never thinks that Bomi is that cute.

" What are you thinking? Do you hear me? Rong unnie? "

" Yeah. Yeah. I'm listening."

Chorong laughs at Bomi who is using her eyesmile again. She likes the sudden close friendship with her manager. She feels like thay are not manager and employee. They are like close friends who laugh and share their lame jokes.

Plus he really likes Bomi calling her Rong unnie. And she gives credit to her own brain for creating a cute name "Bbom-ah". Bomi offers Chorong to give a drive to home but Chorong politely refuses. It is enough for her today. 

She had decided not to let close to her but she has already broken her own rules. She needs to think about her next moves.

Plus she doesn't want Bomi to find out that she is keeping the coffee cup printing the younger woman's lipstick in her bag. She is wondering if she has found someone good at work, finally.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

 

Naeun is waiting for the Doctor girl to show up but there is still no sign of her. She keeps looking at the door everytime the bell rings but to her disappointment, there is still no sign of the girl.

She is staring at the coffee cup which is already cold and sighs every 2 minutes. Her three waitresses are looking at her from the corner of the shop and they are whispering about their boss' down mood. And they are sure it is because of the missing doctor.

* Bell rings *

While Naeun is making a new coffee, the door is opened and the tired Eunji enters the shop, with panda eyes and down mood. Naeun's mood lights up as soon as she sees the Doctor but she notices that the later is not in a good mood.

Eunji doesn't walk to the counter as usual. Instead, she walks to a table and sits down on the bench lifelessly. Hayoung is about to go and ask what she will order but she is stopped by Naeun's glare. Naeun clears as the three waitresses roll their eyes and she walks to Eunji with a cup of coffee she had already made.

" Are you tired, Dr.Jung? "

" Oh, Naeun-sshi. Yes, I'm tired as hell."

And she frowns.

" I had to study till late and I have to get up early. My current place was a good one for me in my school days cos it is near to my school. But it is a little far away from Hanshin hospital. And I was always late during the past month."

Eunji takes a sip from her coffee.

" Today, my Professor scolded me for being late everyday. He said he would kick me out if I kept late like this."

" Oh, it's really bad."

" Yeah."

" So, what will you do? "

" What can I do? I have to try to get on time tomorrow."

Eunji answers with a low tone. Naeun feels sorry for the girl but she doesn't know how to help Eunji with this problem. After enjoying the coffee, Eunji can finally stand up again.

" Huh! Your coffee is super awesome. It changes my mood. Bye Naeun-sshi."

" Bye, Dr.Jung."

Naeun looks at the back of Eunji who is walking away from her while pushing her bicycle. And she sighs while crossing her arms. What can she do for the girl?

She thinks all night but no idea comes out. She is disturbed by this problem and she only fell alseep around 5. But she is waken up by her alarm which she set exactly at 7AM.

Naeun gets up and does her morning routines before she comes down to open the front door.

" Omo! "

But she is surprised by a figure who is sitting at the door and leaning on it while a book is lying opened on her thighs. 

" Dr.Jung? What are you doing here? "

Naeun lightly touches Eunji's shoulder and tries to wake her. As soon as she touches Eunji, Eunji opens her eyes and quickly said.

" Nae, Dr.Jung Eunji on her way."

" Hey, you are still not in the hospital."

" Huh? "

Eunji is now fully awake and she quickly gets up while wiping the saliva on the corner of . The book on her thighs falls down on the ground and both Eunji and Naeun bend to pick it up, smacking each other's head.

" Ah."

" Hehehhe. Sorry."

They look at each other and laugh in unison. Eunji picks up the book and she flashes a wide grin. Naeun helps her to stand up and they enter the shop.

" What are you doing here in early morning? "

" Ummm, I don't want to late for work again so I came back here last night and decided to study all night. I didn't know when I fell asleep."

" What! You just slept here last night?! You should have called me instead."

Naeun whispers and Eunji is just laughing.

" I don't have your number. And I didn't know you sleep here."

" Yeah. I have left my house and started to live here since I opened this shop. I want to be independence."

" Wow. You impressed me."

Eunji said. Naeun suddenly jumps as she gets an idea.

" Dr.Jung, do you want to stay in a new apartment near your work? "

" Yes, that's what I am looking for."

" You can stay here with me."

" What!!! "

Eunji widens her eyes in disbelief. Naeun is also excited about her idea.

" Yes. You can stay here with me."

" OMG!! Thanks you, Naeun-sshi!!! "

Eunji shouts and she jumps towards Naeun to give a big hug. Although it is only a few secconds, Naeun thinks like she is losing her soul. OMG! Dr.Jung is holding me in her arms!!!

But Eunji is busy with her excitement so she fails to notice Naeun's shy face.

Yes, I'm doing a great move. Naeun is cheering for herself.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

" Chaeyoung!!!! Son Chaeyoung!!! Wake up!! "

Chaeyoung hears someone is shouting from outside followed by hittings on the door. She still doesn't want to get up but her evil sister will not let her to continue to sleep. She sighs and checks the time. 7:30AM? Son Naeun is kidding me.

She thinks and she jumps out from the bed to open the door. She opens and there is Son Naeun, crossing her arms and waiting inpatiently for her.

" What do you want, unnie? "

" Why you were sleeping in my place? "

" Oh, C'm on, unnie. This place is nearer to my work than our house. I have a meeting at 8:30AM and I just want to get more sleep so I chose to sleep here last night. Geez, I can't believe I have to explain it to my sister."

Chaeyoung said but Naeun doesn't care about her as she pushes Chaeyoung inside the room.

" I have rented this room to someone. You can't sleep over here anymore."

" What! To whom? "

" Ummm, Dr.Jung said she was looking for a place nearby so I offered her to stay here before she can find somewhere to stay."

Naeun doesn't look at Chaeyoung anymore. She is playing with her hair and blushing. Chaeyoung tries her best not to laugh and she goes closer to her sister.

" So, you are shutting your babysis out because of your crush? "

" No!!! I mean, yes! But I love you. And I think you can understand me."

Naeun whispers in a soft tone. Chaeyoung laughs and she takes her coat on the chair beside the bed.

" Of course, I understand you. Come here."

She gives her sister a big hug.

" I'm happy for you, unnie."

And she pulls away, looking Naeun in amusing way. And she pads her sister's arms from both side. 

" I love you, too."

Chaeyoung walks to the door and leaves the room. But she opens the door again and yells.

" You owe me a favour, sis."

Then she really leaves the shop. She decides to go to her office for the meeting. She is on time. All the crews are already there, waiting for her.

" Shall we start, guys? "

Chaeyoung sits in her chair and her partner, Chou Tzuyu, stands up and walks to the board where they have already drawn lines and names. Her crew has four people, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and the assists, Somi and Chungha.

Tzuyu points to the board and starts their meeting.

" Our case is like a puzzle. We have some clues. Yet there are some mysteries we still have to find out."

" And all of these clues are based on a 12 years ago memory of a kid."

Somi adds. Tzuyu nods and she continues.

" And we have no proof that the murderer is Choi Minho. Not everyone who has an Omega tattoo is a culprit. We need evidence."

" But it was 12 years ago. There might not be any evidence left. And that place has burnt down. Right? "

Chungha said and Chaeyoung nods, agreeing all her crewmates. She stands up and claps her hands together.

" Right, so, let's forget everything. We have to start from zero. I will go to Busan today and check on the old building. Tzuyu, you need to get the background history of Choi Jinho and Choi Minho. Somi and Chungha, you need to search about the lost girls. We need their parts of story too."

" Got it."

" Alright. Let's start."

Chaeyoung said and they all part their ways to do their job. Tzuyu runs after Chaeyoung.

" Wait, Chaeng."

" What do you need? "

" My car was broken down and I came work by bus. Can I use your car? As I have to go several places today. "

" Yah, I've said that I'll go to Busan today."

" I know. You can always use the train. Hehehe. Please,  Chaeng."

Her friend is using her rare ageyo and Chaeyoung can't resist it anymore. Finally she gives up and agrees.

" Alright, at least, drop me at the station."

" Ok! I will pick you up at Station too when you came back."

Chaeyoung shakes her head. After Tzuyu dropped her at the station, she buys a ticket and travels to Busan alone. The ride is about 2hr and she spent the whole time listening to some music from her playlist to clear her mind before start to think.

As soon as she reaches to the Busan station, she takes a taxi and comes directly to the location. The house is a normal size one, broken down into bricks and burnt. Chaeyoung walks into inside slowly and she looks around, imagining the scenes that Mina told her.

Suddenly, she notices some unusual things on the ground. She kneels down and picks up the pieces of cigarette tippings. They are not from 12 years ago. They are too recent. Someone had come here. Who?

She thinks and stands up again. She takes back steps and checks the whole place again. She notices that there are some footprints on the dusty floor. They seem they have printed for 2 or 3 days. So, someone keep coming here. Alright. What is his intention?

She looks around for several minutes but she can't find anything helpful. Finally, she decides to stop and go back to Seoul. 

" Lawyer Son? "

Chaeyoung is surprised when she sees Mina outside. But she smiles and walks to her.

" What are you doing here? "

" I'm working, of course. And you? "

" I want to see Appa."

Mina whispers and Chaeyoung nods in understanding. Mina looks around and she notices that there is no car.

" Where's your car? "

" I didn't take it. I came here by train."

" Oh, I see."

Mina also nods. Chaeyoung doesn't know what to say anymore so she bows and starts waking away. But she iz stopped by Mina.

" Wait. Do you want a ride? "

" Huh? "

Mina smiles at her and the next location they reach is on a hill outside Busan where Chaeyoung can see a tombstone.

" Otosan made this one for us. We didn't have a chance to send his last journey but he successfully took his remains and made a tombstone here."

" Aww."

Chaeyoung  whispers. Mina walks to the tomb and she kneels down in front. Chaeyoung doesn't follow her as she wants to give her some privacy. She is watching the girl, talking to her father for the first time in 12 years. Huuu, she is so pitiful.

Suddenly, Mina stands up and she runs away, making Chaeyoung to run after her. When she sees her, Mina is crying too hard while huggung her knees. Before she notices, Chaeyoung has already reached beside her.

She raises her hand and about to touch the girl. What if she doesn't like being comforted by a totally stranger? But she doesn't think about it anymore. Mina has been crying too hard and she needs to be calmed down.

Chaeyoung puts her hand on Mina's head, softly caressing her hair, soothingly pads her shoulder. She says nothing as she knows Mina doesn't need a word. She keeps caressing Mina's hair and finally she looks up Chaeyoung with tear stained face.

Chaeyoung is nearly to let out a sigh but she doesn't want Mina to be stressed out so she just swallows her sorry for the girl in her heart.

" Chaeyoung-sshi. Please help me. Please help us. We need our own justice."

" I will."

Chaeyoung answers and Mina gives her a smile between her tears. Their drive back to Seoul is quiet as Chaeyoung doesn't want to disturb Mina who looks really down. Chaeyoung keeps taking secret glances at Mina as she is worried about the girl. And she is examining her side profile without noticing herself.

She has already known that Mina is a beauty. But she just finds out that Mina has many moles on her face. And the most prominant one is on her nose bridge which makes her more perfect and somehow attractive.

Tears are not suited with this kind of Beauty. Chaeyoung thinks. She shakes her head and shifts her attention back to the road as she needs to drive for 4 atraight hours to reach back to Seoul.

Suddenly, she feels a weight on her shoulder and her whole body becomes stiff because of the touch. She doesn't dare to move so she just takes a peek with her eye corner.

Mina seems she is tired from her crying. She becomes fall asleep while her head is leaning on Chaeyoung's shoulder. Chaeyoung can feel that her heartbeat becomes racing as she can even get the sense of Mina's Shampoo. What a funny feeling.

And she moves closer to Mina without making no obvious extra movement as she wants the girl to get her sleep more comfortably.

Huuu. She lets out the sigh she has been holding the whole time. 

I promise I will try my best to help you. 

She even makes a promise to herself in her mind. She is sure that she agrees to help because she wants justice too and she likes challanges. But now, some parts of hers is making herself doubt that there is more than Work in this promise.