Chapter 6

The Pleiades

" So, you are saying that the Italy girl could take photos of the criminals and you think you have seen the tattoo guy somewhere before in her childhood? "

jeongyeon sighs.

" I know this sounded crazy but yes, I think I knew him."

" Explain yourself."

Their leader, Jihyo said and Jeongyeon closes her eyes to calm herself down. This is the first time for her to think about these memories and tell to someone. Fighting, I can do it. She thinks and she starts her story.

 

My name is Kwon Jeongyeon. I was living happily with my sisters, well adopted sisters indeed. Our Appa, Mr.Kwon was a very kind man and he adopted all of us and took care us under his protection. I was adopted when I was 3. I barely remember that memories but I can say my childhood was awesome.

(The first part of the story was known to everyone so I will skip to the other things.)

On that day, Appa told us to run for our lives with the money he had saved for us. At that time, I was 12 years old and I was so scared so I pulled Chorong unnie's hand tightlyly all the time.

Unnie led us outside by the back door. Eunji unnie was right behind me, with us, me and Chorong unnie. Joohyun unnie is at the other side with Eunbi and Chaeyeon. The maknae is also scared like me and she is holding Joohyun unnie's dress tightly.

Wait, where is Mina?

I noticed and I tugged Chorong unnie, and she looks me down.

" Unnie, Mina- "

" Shhhu"

But she quickly covered my mouth with her hand, trying to hold me down quiet. We were peeking inside the house at that spot. The men were surrounding our Appa and they were talking but we couldn't hear.

At that time, one of the men pulled out a gun and aimed at Appa. No! I saw a tottoo on his forearm which was in an Omega shape. I was so scared and stared at his forearm in shock. While we were watching, the man pulled the trigger and Appa fell down on the floor.

" Appa!!! "

But no voice came out from our mouths. Chorong unnie's hand is tightly covered over my mouth and when I looked up, she is crying in silence.

" Let's go."

She quietly said as the men started to search in the house. She knew they would come out and look for us. 

" Joohyun-ah, take the kids to the train station. We are going to Appa's friend in Seoul."

" Ok."

At that time, the back door was opened and the black men came out. Run! Chorong shouted and she pulled them with her. We didn't know they saw us or not and we started to run but we didn't dare to look back and checked them.

We ran and ran and ran till we reached at the station. 

" Come, Jeongyeon."

Chorong unnie picked me up from the ground and she put me in the train. And she followed me but I noticed something again.

" Where is Eunji unnie? "

" What! "

We just ran and we found that we had lost Eunji unnie somewhere. At that time, Joohyun unnie was running to us with the two kids beside her. Chorong unnie shouted to her.

" Joohyun-ah, where is Eunji? "

" She was with you! "

Joohyun unnie shouted back and she stopped, looking around to spot Eunji unnie. At that time, we heard the alarm of the train that it would off soon. Choring unnie shouted to Joohyun unnie again.

" Joohyun-ah, hop on, now! "

They were a little far from us. They started running to us but the train was also started to move. The three girls running to us but I didn't think they could jump onto the train. They kept running beside the train, me and Chorong unnie were hitting the door, shouting to them, but slowly, they were left behind and disappeared from our sight.

We couldn't do anything but to wait till we reached Seoul. As soon as we reached, Chorong unnie bought tickets to Busan and we came back to Busan to look for our sisters. But there were no sign left of them. No one saw them. And they disappeared from our lives forever.

We tried our best but there was no chance. We didn't know what to do either so finally, Chorong unnie decided to resume the original plan. We went to Seoul and looked for Appa's friend called Do KyungSoo. He helped us to get our new identities as Park Chorong and Yoo Jeongyeon as he was afraid there were people looking for us outside. We changed our identity and started our new lives here.

I joined the Police Academy later as I wanted to find the murderer as well as my lost sisters.

 

 

Jeongyeon stops her story and all the members of the team are in shock about the truth they just learned.

" So, you are not Yoo Jeongyeon but Kwon Jeongyeon? And there was no-your-parent-in-America thing? "

" I am sorry."

" Geez. I thought we are close friends. You should at least told us."

Rose and Jisoo are complainting and Jeongyeon is trying to explain to them that it is only for her safety not about the friendship things. Finally, Jihyo who is silent all the time speaks.

" You are saying you remember the tattoo on the murderer's forearm which is almost exactly the same as the one that Italy girl took the photos."

" Yes."

" Ok. What are we waiting for? Now we have a clue that that tottoo guy has something to do with the Paradise Company. We should have an eye on that man, Choi Minho."

She said as she puts an star on Choi Minho's photo on the board.

" When will we recover the camera? "

" I don't know. They said in two or three days so we will get it back this evening or tomorrow."

" Good. Now, let's divide teams. Rose, you collect all about Choi Minho. Jisoo, you after the other branches related to Paradise."

" What about me? "

Jihyo looks at Jeongyeon in a soft way.

" You will have to relook your father's case 12 years ago. And find there is connection between that case and Choi Minho or not."

" Yes, leader."

The three detectives leave the meeting room. When Jeongyeon is about to close the door, Jihyo stops her.

" Hey, Jeongyeon."

" Yes, leader? "

" I hope this will give you a chance to search your lost sisters."

Jeongyeon replies her with a thankful smile. 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

Minju is busy with her studies as she has an exam on Wednesday and she nearly forgets about the girl she met at the Water Park. And today, her exam is finally over and she is happy as she likes the fact that she has her own free time now. She walks out from the classroom and to her surprise, someone blocks her way.

" Hey."

Minju's eyes becomes widen as she sees Chaeyeon handing a red rose to her. She covers in surprise and looks at Chaeyeon in shock. Chaeyeon gives her a bright smile and she hands the flower closer to Minju.

" Don't you like my flower? "

" No, I mean, yes. I like the flower. But- "

" Why but? Take it. My hand is hurting."

She said and Minju quickly hides her face in embarrassement. Chaeyeon is waiting patiently for her response and finally, Minju looks at Chaeyeon again. Then she takes the flower from Chaeyeon's hand and smells it.

" It's so refreshing. Thank you."

She whispers. Chaeyeon keeps smiling widely and she follows Minju by her side while later starts to walk.

" I heard that you had an exam to sit. So, I decided not to look for you though I am thinking about you.!

" Thinking about me? "

" Yes, you are my brand new friend and I thought we were at getting-to-know-each-other stage."

Chaeyeon takes a quick glance at Minju who replies nothing. But she finds that the girl is smiling so she takes it as a positive sign.

" I love to know about my friend more and I want to meet you at school but the evil Yuri said that you were super busy with exam so I shouldn't disturb you. And I ended up with sleepless nights."

Minju thinks as if her whole body becomes melted by Chaeyeon's words. Well, Chaeyeon is cool, charismatic, tall and handsome kid with cheerful and bright personality. Plus she can flirt sweetly too. How a girl can resist that Playgirl? 

" Minju-ah, let's go to somewhere."

" Where? "

" Somewhere, I don't know. What about me taking you to my favourite place? "

" I- "

Before Minju can finish her words, Chaeyeon grabs her hand and drags her out of the school. She takes her to the classrooms of the Dance major and they walks up by the stairs.

" Where are we going? "

Minju asks but Chaeyeon just gives her a grin. She keeps pulling her till they finally see a door. Minju is confused but Chaeyeon doesn't let her to wonder much. She opens the door and takes Minju's hand again, they both walk through the door and reach to the roof top of the building.

" Wowww. Is this your favourite place? "

" Yeah. I usually come here and practise my dance moves. No one will disturb me here and I can dance as I like. Come here."

Chaeyeon pulls Minju to the edge of the roof and Minju is scared at first. She closes her eyes and moves closer to Chaeyeon as she feels a little dizzy due to the height. Chaeyeon caresses Minju's hand softly to calm her down and she whispers.

" Open your eyes. Trust me."

Minju's breathing is fast at first but it slowly becomes stable and she dares to open her eyes. The breeze keep running to her face, saying hello to a new friend, her hair are flowing in the current of air, feeling nervous as well as happy at the same time.

" It's breathe-taking, isn't it? "

Chaeyeon said and Minju nods. She has never seen this kind of scenes before. She is scared of almost everything and she doesn't want to do this kind of things, not a single time in her life. But now, Chaeyeon is giving her a whole new world.

" It is beautiful."

" I know you will love it! "

Chaeyeon said in excitement. Minju lowers her head and her gaze lands on their hands locking up to each other and her face turns red immediately.

" You have been holding my hand too long."

" Oh, sorry! "

Chaeyeon quickly removes her hand from Minju and she is rubbing the back of her neck, showing some awkwardness between them. Minju doesn't dare to look at Chaeyeon anymore.

They don't talk and stand like this for several good minutes. A peaceful silence is filled in the atmosphere and Minju is afraid of Chaeyeon noticing the loud noise from her heartbeat. I must say something. She thinks.

Chaeyeon on the other hand is thinking of something to say to break the silence. 

" Chaeyeon-sshi."

" Minju-ah."

They said in unison and they laugh together.

" You first."

" Nae. Umm, it's been an hour and I need to go home."

" Oh, right. I'm sorry. C'm on. We should head back to your house."

" We? "

Minju is surprised but Chaeyeon just gives her a grin again. She pulls Minju down the stairs and finally they reach at the Parking lot. Minju's eyes goes round when she sees a white bike waiting for them.

" Are you a biker? "

" Yep, I am. Hop on."

She said while she takes out another helmet from the box and gives it to Minju. Minju hestitately takes and wears it before she hops onto the bike. Chaeyeon smiles and she starts to drive off.

" Hold on! "

She warns Minju but the later doesn't want to put her arms around Chaeyeon's waist. She just tightens her grip on the bike. But Chaeyeon suddenly increases the speed and the bike is now running on the road like an arrow.

Chaeyeon said while she extends her free hand to Minju and takes Minju's hand, putting on her own waist and grabs the hand firmly in her hand.

" Hold on tight."

Minju shyly puts her other hand over Chaeyeon's waist and strengthens the grip, making Chaeyeon grins. They drive to the location where Minju directed and finally they reach in front of a big mansion.

Chaeyeon looks up the house and she said.

" You really are a princess."

Minju takes off the helmet and returns it to Chaeyeon.

" Thanks for the ride."

" Never mind. I love riding with you. Please go in first. I want to watch you enter your house safely."

Minju feels butterflies in her stomach. She bows a little and walks to the door. Chaeyeon is leaning on the bike and watching Minju walks away with a big smile on her face.

Minju presses the bell and wait for the door to be opened. She pulls the door and eneters the house. Chaeyeon stands up again and wears her helmet, ready to go back. But she was stopped by someone running out from the house.

" Chaeyeon-sshi, thanks for the flower today. I'll add you on instagram."

" Oh, it's cool. I mean, yes, this is awesome! Yes, this is awesome. I will call you tonight."

" I'll be waiting."

Chaeyeon said goodbye with a big smile and Minju runs into the house again while giggling. This is a very big positive sign. Chaeyeon thinks before she drives away. A step has been closer to her goal.

And she's still sorry for her Saku-chan. I am cheating on my heart. I'm hurting myself and Sakura. She thinks.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                             xxx

 

 

 

 

" Seungwan-ah, look at me pleaseeeee, hmmmm? "

Irene is using her ageyo on her manager who is playing poker face while driving. This is her 3rd day training of Dance practice and Irene doesn't want to go to there anymore.

" My hands are hurt. My legs are hurt. My whole body is painful. Seungwan-ah, your unnie is not a teenager anymore. I'm aging. And I can't do this lesson anymore. Plus that bear keeps attacking me with nonsenses."

" Unnie-ah, I love you, but I can't let you skip your classes. C'm on, you are Bae Irene. You can do everything."

" Nooooooo! "

Irene is pouting and shaking her head like a baby but nevertheless, they are now in front of the Dance studio. Wendy opens the door for Irene and they enter the room where Kang Seulgi is already waiting for them. After Irene has changed, Seulgi plays the music and they do revision on what Irene has learned yesterday.

Now or never, Irene.

Irene thinks and she suddenly throws heeself on the floor and pretends to be passed out.

" OMG! Irene-shhi!! Wake up!!! "

" Irene unnie, Irene unnie!!! "

Seulgi and Wendy run to her and they try to wake her up but the actress does not make a move.

" We need to take her to the hospital."

Seulgi said and she starts to pick Irene up from the floor, putting her on her back, carrying piggyback while Wendy is grabbing all their things and rushes to open the door to make way for Seulgi.

Irene who is pretending to pass out on Seulgi's back is feeling super weird. She doesn't know how to describe it but it is feeing like your body is being electroculated with every touch coming from Seulgi.

No, I must hate her from the guts. That's why I'm feeling that way. She thinks, keeps sleeping on the Dancer's back.

They reach the hospital not long ago. They run in like emergency and the emergency team of the hospital run to them, taking Irene away on a trolley and leaving Seulgi and Wendy outside. Wendy is blaming herself for forcing Irene to practice and Seulgi is trying her best to comfort her.

Finally, a doctor comes out and the two run to her to ask Irene's condition.

" How's Irene unnie? "

" She's fine. Nothing serious. But she said she wants to rest so she will be hsopitalized."

" How a hospitalized person be okay? Let me see her! "

" No, you can't. You still can't. We are taking history and throughout examination so you have to wait outside. We will let you know when you can see her."

" Ok. Thank you."

Wendy said. Seulgi now feels relieved as she is worried for the actress too. Was it because of me? Was I too harsh on her? She keeps thinking. Now, the doctor said there is nothing serious so she can go. She said goodbye to Wendy and comes back to her dance studio to resume her work.

At that time, Irene is kept in a hospital room and she is about to questioned about her history and complaints. She waits for her doctor to come and finally, she hears a knock on the door and the door is opened.

" Hello. I'm your doctor, Jung Eunji."

Irene takes a glance to the doctor. The doctor seems she is surprised by her rude action but she doesn't care. All she wants to do is thinking about the eletroculated feeling she has felt and why she was having it. Now, the doctor girl came and annoyed her.

" How are you feeling? "

Irene refuses to answer. The girl picks up the seat and she puts it in front of Irene's face and sits down. Irene decides to ignore the girl and tightly closes her eyes.

" Answer me, please. We all know that you are 200% fine. Your disease is diagnosed as Anxiety Neurosis. We just want to know what matter is bothering you so that we can treat you."

Irene opens her eyes and look at the girl.

" Let's start our process. Name and Age, please."

" Don't you know me? "

Irene annoyingly asks. Eunji bites her tongue and she replies.

" I mean your real name, Irene-sshi."

Irene and Eunji are taking an eye contact competation and it annoys Irene so much that she decides to give up early. If she answers quick, the girl will leave early.

" Kwon Joohyun, 29 years."

" Nae? "

" Don't you hear me? Kwon Joohyun, 29 years."

Eunji is too surprised by the name and the age. It is exactly the same as her long lost sister. May be she is the sister she has been searching all the time? She clears and Irene looks at her. And she gets surprised as she met with teary eyes of the doctor girl. What's wrong with her?

" Do you ever know the Kwons? "

Eunji asks and Irene's eyebrows furrow.

" Why you are asking? "

" Just tell me. Do you ever know Mr.Kwon ByunSeo who had his 7 adpoted daughters? "

" Omo-na."

Irene covers with her palm and she sits up on the bed. She carefully looks at the doctor and then her eyes shift to the nameplate.

" Jung Eunji? "

" No, it's Kwon Eunji."

" Eunji-ah! "

Irene jumps towards the doctor and throws herself to the younger, hugging her tight. The younger girl hugs her back and pads her back a little as the actress is now starting to cry crazily.

" Omona, Eunji-ah, where have you been all these years? We lost you too early."

" When we started to run, I thought I made a wrong turn. You guys were nowhere when I looked back. I cried and looked for you but there is no sign of you. I even reached to the bus station to look for you. I didn't find you but I found someone else."

" They were very nice people. They saw me crying and asked me why. I said I had lost my sisters and they helped me to find you but in vein. Finally, they decided to have me in the family as their eldest daughter though they  had a son already. That's why I ended up as a Jung."

" You were adpoted... I'm so sorry Eunji-ah. We shouldn't lose you."

" It's fine, unnie. It's fine. Now we found each other."

Eunji said and Irene removes herself from the younger girl. She is looking her sister in admiring way as it is the first time she met her in 12 years. How far she become beautiful!

" Unnie, where are the others? I know you are the most famous actress in South Korea but I never heard that you mentioned your family or background or something."

" Yes. I was afraid of black guys and I wanted to keep low profile. For the others, I was in a car accident and we lost contact with each other. I will tell you in details later. I has been searching them for years. I thought if I'm famous, my sisters will find me easily."

" Awww, unnie."

" I'm so sorry, Eunji-ah. I promise I will find the others."

Irene said as she pulls Eunji for another hug. Eunji tightens the hug and the two sisters start to cry again. Eunji knows her dutycoat is runined but who cares? The only one that matter now is to capture this moment and feelings.

They are promising each other in their minds that they will find the other girls too.