Chapter 2

The Pleiades

" Yah, Lee Chaeyeon. What are you doing?!!! "

Chaeyeon is lost in her music world while her headphone is on when she is disturbed by her friends. Yena is cheerfully greeting her as usual while Yuri, Yena's girlfriend greets her with a smile. Kang Hyewon, her bestfriend, sits beside her and takes her headphome away.

" Good morning."

Hyewon said as if she doesn't care anything and Chaeyeon sighs as she knows she will be totally annoyed by them. 

" What is it? "

" Yah! We knows that you are boring and we have to do something for you."

" Really? Am I? "

" Yep."

Yena said as she sits beside Chaeyeon's other side. They have known each other for long enough. Chaeyeon, Yena, Hyewon and her became friends in their high school days. Now, she is gone and only these two idiots are left beside her.

" Chaeyeon-ah, you can't live like this forever. You have a life to live."

" Yah, Choi Yena. I am totally fine. Okay? I don't need any therapy from you."

" We know you slept at the dance studio last night. Your parents are worrying about you. Go home, will ya? "

Hyewon said and Chaeyeon frowns. If they really care for her, they can give her a call. Oh, my phone was dead since last night. She remembers.

But they ignored me for days. Hump! Chaeyeon thinks. Yena who is wearing a serious face starts.

" Chaeyeon-ah, I have a game. You wanna play? "

" What game? "

" I know someone nice. You have two months to make her fall in love with you."

" Imm hmm. What is the bet? "

" If you can make it, we will never bother you again. We will let you do as you like."

" Ok."

" But if you lose, you have to listen your parents and you have to live your life normally."

" Yah! What the hell!!! I am living my life normally."

" No, you are not. You are wasting your time over someone who will never come back."

" Shut up, Kangchan."

She murmrurs but the words really hurt her. She knows that someone will never come back. She knows she is locking herself in the past. But- but she just doesn't want to let it go. It's too precious for her. It's too real for her. It's too hard to forget her. No. It's just too painful to accept the reality.

Chaeyeon takes a deep breathe.

" Let's go to bar tonight. Then I will go home."

" Yah! "

" Wae? You are my friends, right? You have to follow wherever I go."

Chaeyeon said with a smirk.

" And about your bet, I will think about it for a few days. This is a little too much for me, you know."

" Alright. Alright."

Yena said and Chaeyeon stands up, grabbing her backpack on the table.

" Now, I have my dance practice. See ya at TT bar at 8 sharp. Call me if I am late."

And she walks away, leaving her friends behind. Hyewon slaps Yena's arm hard.

" Yah! Kangchan!! What the hell is this slap for? "

" Are you out of your mind? Are you now trying to play a game with someone's feelings? "

" No, pabo-ah. She is Yuri's friend from Art major. She really is a nice girl. I believe she can melt our Chaeyeon's frozen heart. This is not a game. This is an operation to save our friend from hell."

" Do you really know what you are doing? "

" Of course. Don't worry. I will make sure that no one gets hurt."

Hyewon doesn't believe her friend but she knows she can say nothing. Well, it will be really good if that girl can really change Chaeyeon's mind. 

Chaeyeon, on the other hand, spent the whole evening dancing and finally she notices that it is almost 7:30PM. She takes a shower and rides her bike to TT bar where her friends will be waiting for her.

She stops her bike in the parking slot and she finds that her friends are already in there, waiting for her. When they see her, they walk to her and drag her by the neck, all ready to chill.

Chaeyeon becomes drunken after a few shots and she thinks she needs some fresh air. She comes out of the bar by the back exit and walks shakily to lean against the wall. 

" Why? Why they always want me to do it? "

She suddenly hears that someone is crying and she looks at the direction, finding a small figure, hugging her knees and crying hard.

" Hmmmm? "

She keeps watching as the girl wipes out her tears and tries herself to be calm. The girl is watching a white shirt, black skinny and an apron on her waist. Even if her clothes are old, they can't cover the beauty of her body which is trying to burst out from the cover. Hmmmm. She looks like she is a waitress from here. A beautiful waitress.

Chaeyeon feels suddenly uneasy because of the girl and she starts walking to her. The girl jumps in surprise when Chaeyeon stops by her. Chaeyeon tries to make a friendly smile as she doesn't want to freak out the girl.

" Are you alright? "

" Uh, yes. I am ok."

The girl replies in a crack voice. Her eyes are red and swollen but she seems she doesn't want to show them to others. Chaeyeon feels really sorry for the girl.

" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to watch you crying but I just want to check if you are ok."

" It's an usual thing for me. Don't worry about me."

" Yes. I can feel you. I know when someone is broken down. But let me advice you something. There is always sunshine after the heavy rain. You just have to wait for the right moment."

Chaeyeon said and the girl smiles.

" Nae. Thanks for your advice. Umm, I have work to do. Will you come in with me? "

" No. I want to spend some time here."

Chaeyeon refuses her with a smile and the girl nods. She then bows her and enters the bar again.

Eunbi feels relieved as she found someone who talks comfortably to her without checking her out or looking down on her. Eunbi is lost in her thought and she doesn't see someone coming in her way, bumping into each other, and making Eunbi falling down.

" Ah.. "

" Are you okay? "

The girl who bumped into her asks quickly, as she is grabbing her tiny body by her arms and pulls her up. She has black long hair, tanned skin and warm brown eyes.

" Nae. I am ok."

" Yah! You should be more careful. You are the waitress here, right? You can't hurt your customer. "

The girl suddenly shouts making Eunbi frowns. What the hell is she talking!! I am the one who fell down.

" ... "

Eunbi said nothing and she tries to walk pass by the girl but the girl grabs her arm and stops her.

" What? "

" Apologize."

" Umm? "

" Apologize to me before you go."

" Kangchan, what's happening? "

Suddenly, the girl Eunbi met outside enters the bar and she asks. The black hair girl frowns and she said.

" She bumped into me and didn't want to apologize."

" Leave her alone. Not everyone is having unicorn days like you, Princess."

And she drags her friend away, leaving Eunbi alone.

" Yah!!! I am not done with you!!! "

She even hears what the black hair girl yells. How an Angel can make friend with Devil? Eunbi thinks. But she has no time. She needs to enter a room who has asked her by name. She doesn't dare to refuse as she was afraid of getting fired.

She sighs and wears a fake smile before she opens the door and enters the room.

The Kang Hyewon who is totally mad about Eunbi is now furious and drinks a lot to let go of her anger. She even goes to the dance floor and dances like there is no tomorrow.They stay there for another good 2 hours and finally they decide to go home.

" Chaeyeon, No. You are not allowed to ride your bike. It's too dangerous. You must come in with us."

Yena who didn't drink demends and Chaeyeon nods in agreement. She doesn't want to fight with them. They are doing for her good, she knows. Yena is in driver seat, and Yuri beside her. Chaeyeon and Hyewon are at the backseat.

The car starts moving and Yuri Yena is singing loudly random songs.

" Ah, shut up. My ears are about to explode."

" Haha, Kangchan, you are just jealous."

" Yes, Miss Forever alone. Hahahaahha "

" Shut up! "

Hyewon shouts back them and she looks outside by the car window, noticing a tiny figure walking on the street alone.

" Humm."

She is carring no bag. Just her but Hyewon can easily recognize her because of her body's beauty. This girl is walking alone on the street at this hour? What is heck? Is she a callgirl?

Hyewon thinks and she frowns.

" What? "

Chaeyeon notices her friend's facial expression changed and asks. Their car pass by the girl and she is lost from their sight. Hyewon sighs and she said.

" I wonder why girls like to earn money in easy ways. I mean do they really have to sell their body? "

Hyewon said loudly. She doesn't know why she thinks she is angry now.

" They have their own life. Don't judge them with only your point of view."

Hyewon shakes her head. Chaeyeon suddenly remembers the bet Yena said this morning and she smirks. Yes, girls are always like this. They will do everything if they want to. This will be really fun.

" Yena-ah, about the bet you said this morning."

" Yes? "

" I think it will be fun. Okay. I will do it. Just say the name of your girl. I will get her within 2 months."

" Really? "

" Yes! "

Yuri and Yena look at each other.

" Okay. Tomorrow I will take her to the Water Park. The rest is up to you. Deal? "

" Deal "

Chaeyeon said with her smirk and Yuri and Yena give high five in joy. Hyewon doesn't like the idea but she decides not to say a thing. Plus she has a bigger problem. 

She keeps seeing the callgirl in her head.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                           xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" No No No, Hayoung-ah. I will make the coffee by myself."

Son Naeun said as she takes the kettle from Hayoung. Joy and Yerin who are cleaning the floor look at their direction then exchange glances to one another.

Naeun ignores the curious eyes and she enters into the kitchen. Well, this place is two-storied warm coffee shop named "Blossom".

When you enter the shop by its glass door, you can see the counter on your right. At there, the beautiful shop owner Son Naeun is greeting you with a smile. Behind her, there is a kitchen where the chef Namjoo is making awesome cakes and cookies.

The entire coffee shop is decorated with various arts from Korean famous artists. The wall is colored in brown and white, there is a book shelf on one side of the shop, allowing customers to enjoy the taste of coffee with good books.

On first floor, the owner, Son Naeun lives. Her whole family are lawyers but she doesn't want to be one. So she decided to live on her own and make her own dream come true. On the roof, there is a mini garden which is grown personally by Son Naeun. She loves gardening a lot. Make a beautiful garden and read some books inside it while enjoying a good coffee is her dream.

The three waitresses of the shop run to the counter and start whispering.

" Yah! Do you notice? Do you notice? "

" Yes, we do. She is changing."

" The black witch is changing."

" Why the hell she is making coffee by herself? "

" May be because of a regular customer? "

Joy said and all three of them shiver at the thought that the Black Witch Son Naeun is falling for someone. While they are talking, the bell on the top of the door rings and someone enters the shop.

" Good morning."

She greets cheerfully and puts her books on the counter.

" As usual, Dr? "

Naeun almost runs out from the kitchen and asks the doctor girl who is smiling widely at her.

" Yes. As usual, please."

Naeun smiles and she starts making the coffee for Eunji, making all three waitress jaws drop.

" Wow. You took a lot of books today."

" Huh. Yeah. I have to apply these papers today. I love to work near deadline. Hahahaha. They are important."

Eunji explains. Naeun nods and she gives the coffee cup to Eunji. Eunji takes it and takes a sip immediately.

" Ahhhhhh, this is the most delicious coffee I have ever tasted."

" You are lying."

Naeun whispers as her face turns into red tomato. Eunji checks her watch and she shouts.

" I'm late again. Bye! "

She said and she quickly leaves the shop. Naeun laughs at Eunji's clumsiness and she fails to notice the glances the three waitresses keep exchanging.

Hayoung makes a fake cough and she walks closer to Naeun, leaning on the counter and asks.

" Unnie, what's so special about her? Why you are making coffee for her by yourself? "

" Yah! She is a regular customer for almost a month. And she is friendly too. We have to give her our best customer service."

" Your service is too much, unnie."

Joy said while sticking out her tongue, and she recieves a deadly glare from Naeun as a reward.

" Omo, the regular customer has left her books here."

Yerin said while pointing at the books on the counter which Eunji forgot to take when she ran. Naeun becomes suddenly worried.

" She said they are important. We have to give it back to her."

Naeun said and the three girls roll their eyes. Naeun doesn't think twice and she takes all the books Eunji left, and she walks out of the shop.

" Ah, I have no car. Damn! "

Naeun remembers that she doesn't buy a car. Well, as a nature lover, she doesn't want to use car and waste fuels. Plus it makes air pollution worse. But now, she is really in trouble. She wants to bring the books to Eunji as fast as she can but her lack of transportation is now stopping her.

* Horn *

Naeun jumps in surprise when a car stops beside her. The mirror of the car goes down and a girl with straight face in her early 20 appears. It is the very first time for Naeun to feel really happy for seeing her sister.

" Chaeyoung-ah!!! "

" Unnie, what are you doing outside? With books? Are you going somewhere? "

" Yes, my little sister. Can you drive me to Hanshin Hospital? "

" Hospital? "

Before Chaeyeoung can react, Naeun already opens the door and jumps into the car. She then closes the door and smiles.

" Drive, babysis. Oh, you are wearing formally. Are you going to work? "

Chaeyoung is a short cute girl with black hair of shoulder length. But she has a straight face with sharp eyes, making her look like a badass even with one glance. She is wearing a leather long coat over black outfit. Her hair is tied in ponytail, showing her babylike yet admirable face.

She tilts her head rowards Naeun while her eyes are focus on the road.

" Of course. I was about to stop by at your shop for a cup of coffee but this decision makes me turn into a taxi driver. What's the emergency? "

" Ahh, there is a doctor customer who always come to my shop and buy coffee every morning. This morning, she left her important books in my shop so I decided to give them back to her in time. She has she had deadline today."

" Wow. This is something new. My sister is now considering for someone else."

" Shut up."

Naeun pouts. Chaeyoung laughs and she finally stops in the parking lot of the Hanshin Hospital.

" Do you even know the doctor's name? "

" Yes. It's written on the book. Her name is Dr.Jung Eunji."

" Imm hmm."

" Wait for me in the hall. I will ask the reception and look for her, then return her books. It will not be long."

" Okay. Okay. Go."

Chaeyoung said as she sits down on a seat in the waiting hall of the hospital.

" Emergency!!! Emergency!!!! "

At that time, a group of medical stuffs run into the hall while they are pushing a patient covered with blood on a trolley. The doctors from the emergency dept quickly run to the patient and start their job.

" Yah! Doctor!! I have been waiting for the whole morning. When will you check me? "

Chaeyoung hears a yell and she finds that a man with furious eyes is yelling at a tiny doctor girl.

" Umm, Mr.Cho. Your problem is not emergency so please wait for a moment. We are currently busy to save the life of the emergency case."

" Shut up! You didn't want to see me because I still didn't give you money? Huh? "

" No, Mr.Cho. In hospital, we are seeing patient with our protocol. You are green patient. You have no medical emergency. We have to go and check red patient first."

" Non-sense!!! You bagger doctor."

He said and grips the doctor by the duty coat collar. Chaeyoung stands up automatically and walks towards them, grabbing his hand by the wrist.

" Ajjusshi. Please stop."

" Moya! What are you?!!! "

Chaeyoung tightens her grip and the man's face becomes frown in pain.

" I am Korea representative lawyer, Son Chaeyoung. Do you know you are making a crime of interfering the doctor's duty. You could be in jail. Do you understand?! "

" Nae. Nae."

He said in fear. Chaeyoung keeps her straight face and she lets go of his hand. He quickly rubs his wrist in pain and anger but he doesn't dare to do anything anymore. The doctor girl gives Chaeyoung a thank you smile and she runs to the emergency team to help her mates.

Chaeyoung takes a glance at her nameplate which says Dr.Jung Eunji and she shakes her head. It seems Naeun have to wait for a longer time to give the books to Dr.Jung.

She decides to take some coffee by herself and walks to the coffee machine. She searches into her wallet but unlucky to her, no coin comes out.

" Here. You can take my coffee."

Chaeyoung turns around and she sees a tall, slim girl, with black curly hair around in the middle of her back, extending her hand towards Chaeyoung, offering a cup of coffee.

" Ummmm, thank you? "

Chaeyoung is not sure she should take the coffee cup but she feels sorry for letting her wait so she just takes the cup. The warmth of the coffee enters her body through her palm and making her nerves active.

The lady smiles and she leans her head on the coffee machine cutely.

" I saw what you did."

" It's nothing."

" No, it's something. You are brave."

" Me? Haha. No, I am not."

" But I see confidence in your eyes. I have a great instict of guessing people, you know? "

" Imm hmm."

Chaeyoung takes a sip of the coffee while thinking what this girl wants from her. The other girl takes out a card from her purse and she hands it to Chaeyoung.

" My name is Mina Myoui. I came here to handle our company's Korea branch. And I need someone who can give me Law advices."

" ... "

Chaeyoung said nothing and she continues to listen.

" So, Son Chaeyoung-sshi, do you have any interest of becoming our company's official Lawyer. And of course, my personal Lawyer too."

Chaeyoung laughs. And Mina furrows her eyebrows.

" What? Anything funny I said? "

" No. No. I just finished my school. There are many more experienced Lawyers in our Law firm. If you need one, you can come and choose one. Why me? "

Mina smirks. And she opens her iPad and shows Chaeyoung.

" But I ran through your data. You are the top student of Harvard Law School, graduated this year, and you are regarded as the new rising star for Korea Lawyers environment. Do you see any better choice for me? "

Mina said and Chaeyoung keeps laughing. She is thinking that this girl is annoying yet somehow attractive in her own way. Plus she has greatest accent of Korean for a Japanese girl who just came here. She really is interesting.

Chaeyoung thinks and she puts the visiting card Mina gave her in her purse.

" Ok. Let me consider your offer for a few days. I will give my reply three days later."

" Alright. I will wait for your answer. Hope it will be a good one for me."

Mina said and she walks away from Chaeyoung. The Lawyer is about to walk away too when Mina suddenly turns around and said.

" Thank you."

" For what? "

" For saving that doctor. Thank you."

She gives a cold smile and really walks away leaving Chaeyoung with questions in her head.

" Why she is thanking me? "

May be she should take the offer? Chaeyoung thinks.

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

" Good morning, Chorong-sshi!! "

" Good morning."

Chorong bows to her co-worker, Kim Suho, who was also selected with her to the team. They enter the elevator and Suho presses the button.

" HeHe, I am glad you can make it."

" Huh? "

" The interview. I am glad you can make it."

" Oh, yeah. I was lucky."

Chorong said and the man seems he is a bit excited. He is giving awkwarded smiles and Chorong doesn't know what's wrong with him.

" Chorong-sshi, they said they will have a welcome party for us. Where do you want to go? "

" I- I don't know. I am not party girl type."

" Oh, conservative? Haha. I like that kind of girl."

" Nae? "

" Oh, I mean, not you. That kind of girl. Yeah."

Things become more awkwarded for them but lucky for them, the elevator door opens and they reach to ther work. It has been a week since they started working and everything is just fine. They are now busy with their new advertisement with Myoui Bag collection which is the most famous bag brand in Japan.

They have to make many meetings and make many decisions but they still can't find their lead model for the brand. Finally, they decided to take a break.

" Chorong-sshi? "

" Nae, Manager! "

" Please come into my office."

" Nae."

Chorong follows the manager and she looks around inside as this is the first time she is in here. Yoon Bomi's desk is neat and tidy, the files are put systematically on it, her name plate is put in the middle edge of the desk.

There is a small table and a set of sofa at the corner of the room. The manager lets her sit on the sofa and Chorong doesn't know why she is here.

" Chorong-sshi."

" Nae? "

" Do you remember I chose you on the interview day."

" Yes, I remember."

 " During meeting, I noticed that you seemed you have to say something. What is your idea? You can say it out in front of everyone. You are a member too. Alright? "

" Nae, I am the new one and I think it will be not good to speak out my opinions. I am sorry, Manager. I will speak more."

" It's ok. Now tell me. What do you think? "

" Well, I think this brand is a classic brand. And we need a gorgeous model for the advertisement."

" Gorgeous. Immmm. I have someone in my mind."

Bomi said and she jumps out of her seat.

" I have to go somewhere. Thank you."

She rushes to the door and about to open. Then, she turns around and said to Chorong.

" You said you will bring coffee for everyone. Where is my coffee? I have been waiting for a week, you know? "

While Chorong is looking at her with wide mouth in surprise, Bomi shows her eyesmile and murmurs "Just kidding". And she leaves the office.

" Hmmm, she is childish? "

Chorong thinks. At that time, her phone rings and she answers it.

" Unnie."

" Ah, Jeongyeon-ah, is everything ok? "

" I have an emergency mission and I have to go to Busan immediately. I think I will be late tonight. Close the door carefully. Okay? "

" Okay. Take care. Safety first, remember?"

" Roger that! "

Jeongyeon playfully said and she hangs up the phone. Chorong puts the phone back in her pocket and comes out of the office to resume her works wondering where Bomi has headed to.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                         xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

Irene is sitting alone at the corner table of the party, hiding in the shadow, hoping no one will come and ask her for a dance.

The music is too loud and she can't bare it anymore. It feels like it is hitting her head with 10000lb weight. She is having a headache and finally she decides to take a break.

She stands up and walks towards the toilet to get some lipstick on for relaxation.

* Bump *

" Aish."

" Sh*t "

Irene swears and the other person looks at her with wide eyes. Huh! She is wearing some kind of cheap blazzar. Her hair is tied up on her head. What is she? A director? Umm, no. She seems she has no talent. Or a script writer? It may be. She is wearing cheap clothes. Only writers do not care how they look.

Irene is calculating in her head, unaware of the drinks on the other girl's shirt. 

" Hey Miss. You have ruined my clothes."

She said and Irene rolls her eyes. No one says Bae Irene with that tone.

" So what? You have to watch your way before you bumped into someone."

" Excuse me? You are the one who bumped into me and destroyed my drink."

" Whatever."

Irene said and she is about to go but the other girl doesn't let her.

" Where are you going? We are not done here."

" I don't care. Don't you know who I am? "

Irene said with a rocky face. The girl looks at her face carefully and said.

" Molla."

" Moya!!!!! Yah!!!! "

" I only know that you are crazy ajjuma who doesn't know manners. Whoever you are, try to learn some basic manners. If not, you will end up SINGLE."

The girl said and she goes away from Irene. It is the first time Irenen hears something like this from strangers so she was left in shock. When she finally absorbs what has just happened, the girl is nowhere to be seen.

Irene's body becomes shaking in anger and she calls for her manager.

" Hello, unnie."

" Wendy!!! Where are you???! "

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

" So there is no way she can accept our offer? "

Bomi asks Wendy who is the manager of famous actress, Bae Irene the goddess. Wendy shakes her head.

" No, she never accepts any advertisement. She said she is an artist. She will only interpret her art through her movies. Advertisements are for rookies."

" Oh, I see."

When Chorong told her to find someone gorgeous, the only one who ran into her head is Bae Irene. She asked for some help and finally she got her manager's phone number. She contacted the manager and the manager said that they are currently in the birthday party of Hyun Bin.

So, Bomi had to follow them and she can finally meet Irene's manager.

" But it will be an honor for us if she ever changes her mind."

" Immmm. But I don't think so."

" Can you please talk to her and make her think about it, please? "

Wendy smiles and she nods. 

" Well, since it is an offer from "Paradise", I will tell her to consider."

" Thank you."

At that time, Wendy's phone rings and unsurprisingly, it is Irene.

" Hello, unnie."

" Where are you? Come back immediately."

" On my way!"

Wendy whispers I have to go to Bomi and she walks back quickly to the table where Irene is sitting. Oh, she seems mad. What happened?

" Unnie, what's wrong? "

" Some crazy woman called me ill-mannered and insulted me. She said she did not know the infamous Bae Irene. She is a liar."

" Ummmm? "

" Don't ask me again. Let's go back home."

Irene said and Wendy checked the time.

" Yes, it's getting late. You have your first dance practise lesson tomorrow. You need to rest."

Irene pouts and she walks to their car in quick pace. Wendy shouts wait for me as she follows Irene. Wheee, it is hard to be the manager of a famous actress. And it is the worst if she is too much childish.