Chapter 24

The Pleiades

 " I'm at your door."

Irene smiles when she receives the sms. She looks herself in the mirror for the last time and she skips her way to the door. Today shooting is not included her scenes so she can take a day off. She decides to go visit Seulgi's studio and the dancer agrees to come pick her up. 

Irene opens the door and she runs to Seulgi who is waiting outside the car. Irene is wearing her sweat pant and gray tank top only but  her beauty is glowing in the sunlight. Seulgi greets her with a smile.

" Hey, you are so pretty today."

" I did no make-up at all."

Irene hits Seulgi with her shoulder teasingly while she is playing with her hair. At that time, the car door is opened and someone comes down from the car.

" Anneyeonghaseyo, unnie."

" What the- why you are-"

Irene wants to say something but she has to shut up as she is in front of Seulgi. Seulgi smiles and she explains for Hyewon. 

" This kid needs a ride as she has to take your sister out and I took her with me. You don't mind, right? "

" Of course. I'll go tell Eunbi."

" I'm here, unnie! "

Irene rolls her eyes when she sees Eunbi coming out from the house with a huge smile on her face. So, they all are a team now? She frowns but she quickly hides it under her smile.

" Do you need a ride? "

" No, thanks. We are fine."

Hyewon said and Seulgi pushes Irene in the car, leaving the two girls alone. And she winks at Hyewon before she gets into the car. Hyewon is laughing hard when the car disappears from their sight.

" It's really funny. You saw your unnie's face? It's so priceless."

" yah~ Unnie wanted to protect me, that's all."

" Arasso. Let's go."

" Immm."

The two take the bus and they come to Hyewon's school. Hyewon is super happy as she can have a day with her girlfriend. They walk in the  canteen hand in hand and look for their friends. But only Chaeyeon is here.

" Chaeyeon-ah."

" Oh, unnie. What are you doing here? "

" I came to see you."

Eunbi answers but Chaeyeon rolls her eyes as she knows that it is a 100% lie. Hyewon sits at the table and she looks around.

" Where is Yuri-Yena? "

" I don't know."

" Good. I have something to tell you."

Hyewon whispers and Chaeyeon leans to her.

" Minju knows about the bet. You have to do something."

" What? "

Chaeyeon is surprised by the news.

" I was thinking what's wrong with her. I mean she didn't call me for days. Now I know why. Thanks, buddy. I'm going. By, unnie. I'll call later."

" Bye."

" Take care, baby."

Chaeyeon nods as she walks away from them. She is wondering how Minju knew it but it really doesn't matter now. The only thing matter is how to explain it to her. She sighs and takes out her phone.

I hope she will pick up my phone this time. Chaeyeon is praying while dialing to Minju. Lucky to her, Minju picks up after three beeps.

" Hello."

" Minju-ah, where are you? Why you didn't answer my calls? "

" I was sick."

" Oh, really? You should tell me. Where are you now? Let's meet."

" Okay. Meet me at Blossom coffee shop. It's at xxxxxxxx. It's near our school."

" Arasso."

Minju hangs up the phone and Chaeyeon feels something is strange with Minju. She needs to make up with Minju. Chaeyeon thinks and she walks to the parking lot to take her bike and she drives it to the direction that Minju told.

She smiles at the owner of the shop, Son Naeun, her sister-in-law, who takes a glass of water for her.

" What do you want, Chaeyeon-ah? "

" I'll tell you later. Where is unnie? "

" She is at duty. Tell me if you need something."

" Nae, thank you."

Naeun nods and she leaves her alone. At that time, the door is opened and Minju enters. Chaeyeon stands up and she greets her girlfriend but all she receives is a small weak smile. Minju sits in front of Chaeyeon after she has told Naeun that she doesn't want to order yet.

" Minju-ah, are you feeling better? How you fell sick? "

" I'm fine now."

" Imm, you should take care of yourself. And you should tell me too."

Minju looks at Chaeyeon. She seems she is reallly worried for me. May be she is worried for me because I look like a poor stupid little girl. Minju thinks and she smiles. She looks at Chaeyeon and she inhales.

" I have something to tell you."

" Tell me. I'll do anything you want."

" Let's break up."

Minju said and Chaeyeon is surprised. She laughs and tries to comfort Minju.

" Minju-ah, I think you are thinking wrong about me. There is no need of you to break up with me. I don't date you because of that stupid bet. Or I don't love Sakura anymore. I mean-"

" Stop now, Chaeyeon-sshi. I understand you. And I feel really tired now. You lied to me. Now, I want to take a break. I have to end this relationship in respect of myself. Let's break up."

" Minju-ah, don't do it."

" No, I don't want to continue like this."

" Are you upset? Or are you sad? You can do anything you like to me. Please don't break up with me. Ok? "

" I'm not upset or sad. I'm just disappointed. I knew about everything when the stranger told me. At least, it should be you who was telling me about this. I feel insecure about this, Chaeyeon-sshi. I feel like we are not meant to be. You are not with me. Not even a single time."

" Minju-ah, I was afraid. I was afraid that you might be angry with me if I told you. I know I was wrong. Please let me correct my mistake. Hmm? "

Minju looks at Chaeyeon and she shakes her head.

" I don't want to listen anymore. I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who is not in love with me. Let's break up."

She said and she stands up from her seat. Chaeyeon is left at the table as she doesn't want to follow Minju and begs for love. Huh, I'm at it again. When I start to fall in love with someone, they will leave me. Why this world is too cruel to me?

Chaeyeon thinks, and she keeps sitting there like a statue, lowering her head and breaking down.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                 xxx                                  xxx

 

 

 

* knock knock knock *

" Come in."

Chorong said and she is surprised to see a stranger in her office. She has made her office at Myoui as Mina forced her so that she will be used to this kind of stuffs and works. Chorong is looking at the stranger in curiosity as the girl walks to the table and she bows her.

" Hello, Chorong-sshi. I'm Son Chaeyoung, the lawyer. I think you have already known my name."

" Oh, Chaeyoung-sshi, please have a seat."

Chorong said and Chaeyoung sits at the couch. Chorong joins her and she is wondering what she wants.

" What can I help you? "

Chaeyoung shakes her head.

" I'm not here to ask for help. I'm here to give you this."

She takes out a file from her bag and she gives it to Chorong. Chorong doesn't understand and she opens the file.

" They are the data of important share holders of Paradise. You should go and meet them as the board meeting is in two weeks."

" Oh, thank you, Chaeyoung-sshi. I don't know how to repay you."

" This is not from me. Bomi unnie told me to give it to you."

" Yes? "

Chaeyoung stands up from the seat.

" I'm just a messenger. She told me to give them to you as a secret sender but I can't stay in silence. You should go and see her before the next meeting." 

She said and Chorong nods. And she also stands up to send Chaeyoung to the door.

" I'll try. Thanks for the help, Chaeyoung-sshi."

" It's nothing. Bye."

" Bye."

Chorong closes the door again and she walks back to the couch to check the files. And she sighs.

" Why are you so stupid? You will get the blame if your brother finds out about this."

Chorong sighs and she decides to take a visit to Bomi. She drives the car to Paradise when it is about time to go home. Chorong waits till there is no people left but Bomi has not come down yet. Chorong decides to go up and find her and she takes the elevator to go to her old office.

She enters the office and notices that Bomi's room is still light on. So, she is still at work? Chorong sighs and she walks to there. She holds on the door knob and thinks for a few seconds. And she shakes her head and turns around as she thinks she has no courage to meet the younger girl. She walks away but she is stopped when Bomi calls her from the back.

" Chorong unnie? "

Chorong stops her steps. Bomi runs to her and she faces Chorong.

" Oh, it's really you. I thought I was getting hallucinations."

Bomi said and Chorong doesn't know how to react. Bomi is worse than the last time she saw her. She becomes thinner obviously and she has panda eyes. Chorong feels really bad for her.

" Don't you sleep well? Look at yourself."

" How can I sleep? I am having my dilemma."

" Bomi-ah, you are making yourself into a mess."

Chorong said and Bomi nods. She then sighs and looks at Chorong.

" But what else can I do? I just want to live peacefully. But the fate doesn't let me."

She said and Chorong sighs.

" You should stay away from this. You should stay out of this. If he finds out that you helped me, he will hurt you. Now, Nayeon is missing and I don't want something bad might happen to you."

" I'm sorry for this unnie. I should have sent her till she reached inside the house."

" It's not your fault. They would get her nevertheless. And now, Jeongyeon is trying her best to find her. Don't blame on yourself. And just tell me why you are trying to help me. It's dangerous for you."

Chorong said and Bomi sighs.

" It seems that Chaeyoung kid doesn't let me to stay inside shadow. Aigoo, but unnie, don't worry. He will not hurt me. And I am not helping you. I just gave you the random data that everyone knows already. I'm on my brother's side no matter what."

Chorong is staring at the girl who is teary while talking. She is trying her best not to cry but she seems she has broken down. Chorong runs to her and she hugs the girl tight.

" I'm sorry, Bbom-ah. I'm reallly sorry."

" ... "

" I'm sorry to make you stuck between me and your brother."

Bomi is sobbing silently while her arms are crawling around Chorong's body. The older girl is her hair gently and trying to comfort the younger girl.

" All we can do now is blaming on the fate to play with us like this."

" Unnie-ah, it's hurt. It feels like I'm in hell. I can't help but only have to suffer everyday. I see you everywhere. And I see him in my every memories. How can I choose between family and love? This is- This is- "

" No, you are doing right. You should choose like this. If you choose me, I won't love you anymore. You have proved me that you are a loyal person and you are sensible. It makes me really proud, you know? "

" I'm sorry. I'm sorry, unnie."

" Look at me. Look at me, Bomi-ah."

Chorong forces Bomi to look at her. She gently wipes the tears for the girl and she smiles at her.

" We are doing what we should do. And we know we love each other, right? That's enough."

Bomi nods.

" Nae. That's enough."

" Ok, let's stay strong. We will meet again at the meeting."

" As rivals."

" Yeah, as rivals."

" Let's forget about this night."

Chorong said as she pulls the taller girl into a hug again. They don't care anymore. Bomi returns the hug as she puts all her feelings into it. She is feeling like dreaming. But let them be dreaming, only for tonight.

 

 

 

 

xxx                             xxx                               xxx

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung walks down the Myoui as she doesn't want to meet Mina at there. She gets into her car and drives away. She reaches back to her lawfirm and about to get out from the car when her phone rings suddenly.

She looks at the number but it is an unknown number. She is thinking but may be it is from the client and so she picks up the phone.

" Hello? "

" Hello, Lawyer Son. It's nice to meet you. You may not know me but we know you. And of course, we know Mina Myoui too."

Chaeyoung frowns when he mentions Mina's name.

" Who are you? What do you want? "

" I just want to give a chance to save her. Or she will die tonight."

" What? Yah, who are you? What are you talking? Yah! Yah!!! "

But the phone has hang up and she tries to call him back. Now, the phone has power off already. Aish, I must do something. Chaeyoung thinks and she decides to call Dahyun to check on MIna.

" Hello, Dahyun-ah. Nae, nae. I want to ask you where Mina is."

" Hmm? She is still at work? Arasso, Arasso. Thanks. Please keep an eye on her. Nae."

Chaeyoung sighs and she hangs up. So, Mina is at work? Then, she is safe now. What should I do? She keeps checking the time and worried for Mina. And it has been around 7PM when Dahyun gives a call to her.

" Nae, Dahyun-ah."

" Miss wanted to go home by herself. I tried to stop her but she is too stubborn and she just run out from the office."

" What?! Ok, thank you."

Chaeyoung said and she also runs out of the office to get into her car. She drives to the road where Mina have to take to go home. She is too worried for the girl and she doesn't think properly anymore. She keeps increasing the speed and finds Mina's car on the road.

* car brake *

" What is happening in front? "

She has to stop the car when she has been stuck on the road. There are too many cars in front of her. There must be something at the front. She goes to a random car and asks.

" What is happening? "

" There is a car accident."

" What?! "

Minari... She thinks and she starts to run to the front to check on the accident. There are too many people at the place and they are covering their sight.

Chaeyoung tries to make her way through the crowd and finally she is at the front. She looks at the destructed car and her eyes become wide in surprise.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                   xxx

 

 

 

One hour ago...

Mina is in her office and working on her papers. She knows that Chaeyoung was here as Chorong told her but she doesn't want to go and meet her and make her uncomfortable. That kid is really stubborn. Now, Nayeon got missing and this totally freaks Mina out. What if something bad happens to Chaeyoung? She doesn't want to think about it.

* phone ringing *

At that time, her phone rings and Mina answers it.

" Hello? "

" Kwon Mina, are you having a good day? "

" Who are you? What do you want? "

" I don't want anything. Son Chaeyoung will run to you tonight and she will die."

" What? Hello? Hello? "

Mina tries to read all but the phone is busy now. She sighs and thinks of what to do. He said Chaeyoung will run to her. Ok, I will go to her and stop her. Mina thinks and she runs out of the office to take her car. She drives as fast as she can to reach to Chaeyoung but she has to stop when she sees that cars are stuck on the road. What is happening? 

She gets out from the car and she runs to the crowd to see what is happening. She saw that a car is crushed and it seems an accident has happened here. Now, the way is closed. How can I reach to Chaeyoung? Mina thinks and she sighs.

But when she shifts her eyes to the road, she saw a tiny figure on the other side of the road who is walking like a zombie. Chaeyouong? She thinks and she follows the short girl from this side of the road. Oh, yes. This is really Chaeng.

" Son Chaeyoung!!! "

Mina shouts and the short girl stops. She looks at the direction and to her surprise, she sees Mina waving at her from the other side.

" Minari! "

Chaeyoung is about to cross the road but it is not the zebra crossing. Mina laughs at her and she continues walking to the front. Chaeyoung also walks from this side as they have to walk till they find one. They never break their eye contact and keep walking.

When they reach at the zebra crossing, Mina is about to cross the road but Chaeyoung stops her.

" I'll come."

" Arasso."

Chaeyoung waits for the traffic and when it changes color, she crosses the road and runs to Mina. The older girl is watching her running to her with a smile on her face. This precious person, she realizes that how much she loves her at that moment.

But at that time, there is a car driving at high speed appears from nowhere and it runs to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung is surprised and she is looking at the car's light with shock.

" Chaeyoung-ah!!!!!!!!!! "

Mina shouts as she watches Chaeyoung's body flies into the air as the car hits her. And it drives away while Chaeyoung is now lying in blood.

" Chaeyoung-ah, Chaeyoung-ah."

Mina runs to her and picks her up from the ground. Her whole body is now covered with Chaeyoung's blood. She tries to call the younger girl but she doesn't even move an inch.

" Chaeyoung-ah, Chaeng, open your eyes."

Chaeyoung's eyelids start to move and she looks at Mina. She tries to smile at her but she fails.

" Minari..."

Her eyes close again and this time, her hand on Mina's lap falls to the ground. 

" Chaeyoung-ah!!!!!!!!!!!!! "