Chapter 21

The Pleiades

Nayeon opens her eyes when she hears the alarm. Oh, it is the day of Jeongyeon's mission day. She needs to go for at least 3 days and Nayeon wants to make special breakfast for her before she goes. So she set the alarm earlier than usual.

She runs into the bathroom and does her morning routine in a quick pace. She ties her hair up and walks into the kitchen to make the breakfast. But to her surprise, she sees Jeongyeon inside. Oh.

" Morning, Im Nayeon."

" Morning. What are you doing here? "

Nayeon asks as she is now trying to peek what Jeongyeon is doing. Jeongyeon laughs nervously while she is breaking the eggs. Nayeon looks at her.

" It's only 5 in the morning. Why you are up so early? "

" Yeah. I thought you won't wake up yet so I wanted to make some breakfast for you before I go."

" But I want to make breakfast for you, too."

Nayeon said while she is putting her arms on her waist and peeks in the pan as she wants to check Jeongyeon is doing right. Jeongyeon smiles and she puts her arms on Nayeon's shoulders pushing her out of the kitchen and making her sit at the table.

" Just stay here and wait for me. Or go get some sleep if you want. I understand you."

" Understand me? "

Jeongyeon nervously laughs as she runs back into the kitchen. Hehehe. She is trying to do practical on some definitions of love that her sisters told her. May be she can be closer to Nayeon.

Nayeon doesn't understand what is really going on but she listens to Jeongyeon and waits for her to finish cooking. Jeongyeon takes two plates and she comes out again, putting the food in front of Nayeon.

" Wait. There is something else."

She disappears again and comes back with a cup of coffee that she had made. She gives it to Nayeon and smiles.

" How? Isn't it romantic? "

Nayeon is about to put the food in when Jeongyeon asks her. She is coughing a lot and choked at the word 'Romantic'.

" Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon. What's wrong with you? "

" Wae? I'm taking care of you!! "

" But it's totally not you! "

Nayeon shouts and she doesn't dare to eat the breakfast as she is afraid of Jeongyeon making some prank on her.

" Yah! You are making prank on me, right? "

" No! I just wanted to make breakfast for you."

" Fine. If you dare, you are dead."

Nayeon glares at ber before she starts eating, Jeongyeon rolls her eyes. Aish, this woman- she is not suitable with romantic things.

" Wae? Why are you staring at me? "

" Nothing."

Jeongyeon murmurs something and Nayeon shots another glare. Jeongyeon wants to laugh at the moment. There may be no romantic things between them but arguing with her is so right and so suitable for them.

Let's screw other ideas. The own version of Yoo Jeongyeon is coming. She thinks and clears making Nayeon looks at her.

" Yah! Don't go anywhere when I am not around. There is no one to protect you."

" Arasso."

" Don't stay late at nights and cry over dramas. Take care of your health too."

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon! Are you my mom? Why are you trying to scold me? I know what to do. I am not a kid."

" Whatever. I just want to protect you."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon rolls her eyes. After they have finished eating, Jeongyeon takes the dishes and washes them.

" What is this? Oh, there is a cockroach! "

Suddenly, she hears from Nayeon who is in the living room and runs out of the kitchen to protect her.

" Where? Where? Where? "

" There it is!! It's flying towards you."

Jeongyeon widens her eyes when she sees that the cockroach is flying to her face. Well, she is afraid of insects and she forgets it.

" Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

" Yoo Jeongyeon! Don't move!! "

" No!!! "

Jeongyeon is shouting and she starts running in the living room to hide from the evil cockroach. But, unluckily to her, it successfully lands on her forehead, making the tall girl to freak out.

" Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It's on my face. It's on my face! "

" Stand still! "

Nayeon grabs a magazine she sees and she hits it to the cockroach but the insect is faster than them. It flies again and runs away, so, Jeongyeon's face is hit instead.

" Oop! "

" Sorry."

" Don't say sorry. Just get it! Ahh, it's coming again. Im Nayeon, save me!!!!! "

Jeongyeon throws herself behind Nayeon and hides as she is afraid of the cockroach landing on her again. Nayeon is preparing the magazine and she is waiting for her best timing.

" Im Nayeon, hit it!!! "

" Alright!! "

Nayeon throws her arm and hit the cockroach in her full strength, making the insect to stop its way and falls on the ground, passed out. Jeongyeon peeks from the back.

" Does it stop? "

" Yeah. I hit it."

" OMG. Thanks god."

Jeongyeon said as she falls on her , holding her own pounding chest. Nayeon shakes her head as she takes the cockroach between two papers and throws away. Jeongyeon is peeking from her back and making sure that the cocktoach will not wake up yet.

" Geez, Yoo Jeongyeon. You are so brave."

" Yah! I am afraid of nothing but insects. They freak me out. Plus they are itchy and annoying."

Nayeon washes her hand and she looks at Jeongyeon.

" Like me? I am annoying to you, right? "

Jeongyeon nods as she frowns.

" Yes, you are. Now, stop teasing me and move out of my way. I have to go to work."

" Fine! "

Nayeon said with a pout and Jeongyeon walks to her room to take her things. And she walks out of the house  Nayeon follows her till she reaches the door. 

" Yoo Jeongyeon, take care and don't get hurt."

" Arasso. Lock the door carefully. Remember? I'll call you if I have time."

" Imm."

Nayeon said and Jeongyeon smiles at her before she disappears from the stairs. Nayeon sighs as she is about to close the door when someone runs into her and hugs her.

" Yah! "

" I will miss you."

Jeongyeon whispers and she runs down the stairs again. All of this happened in a flash of light and Nayeon has no time to react. All she has now is a tomato face and a shy smirk on her face.

Yoo Jeongyeon, why you are so stupid? Just tell me what you want. Aigooo. She shakes her head and closes the door back.

That pabo.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

Minju is lying on her bed and thinking about her love life these days. Chaeyeon is nice to her. She takes care of her but something is bothering her.

Why that Sakura girl is always with Chaeyeon? She knows that they are bestfriends since childhood but is it a little too much for Sakura to keep following them around? She never had a chance to be alone with Chaeyeon since she cams back.

But Minju doesn't want to talk about it to Chaeyeon as she doesn't want to make her sad. She doesn't want to be someone who gets jealous over her girlfriend with her bestfriend. It would be too narrow minded.

Speaking of Chaeyeon, her phone rings all of a sudden and Minju is happy when she sees the caller. 

" Hello."

" Minju-ah, what are you doing? "

" I'm lying on my bed. Wae? "

" Come down. I'm in front of your house."

" Omo."

Minju widens her eyes and she runs to her window and removes the curtain to see outside. She sees Chaeyeon leaning on her bike on the other side of the street in fornt of her house. When she notices that Minju is by the window, she waves at her cheerfully.

" Why so sudden? "

" Do I need a reason to take my girl out for a date? "

Chaeyeon replies and it makes Minju heart flutters.

" Ok. Wait for a minute. I will come down."

" Yes, Princess."

Chaeyeon laughs as she knows Minju is blushing again. Cute, haha.The younger girl closes the curtain and she runs to the closet to choose a nice outfit for her. She doesn't have much time so she just wears a knee length pink dress and runs down to the place where Chaeyeon is waiting.

" You are so pretty."

" I didn't have the time for make-up."

" It's enough. You are natural beauty."

Chaeyeon said and Minju smiles shyly again. They drive the bike around Seoul and spend time together, and finally, they end up in a park and decide to sit on a bench.

" Ahhh, it is so nice to have alone time. Right, Minju-ah? "

Minju is only smiling and she doesn't answer. Chaeyeon looks at Minju's face which is hiding in the other side and she asks.

" Aren't you angry with me? Are you jealous? "

" Hmm? "

" I mean, with Sakuchan."

Chaeyeon whispers and Minju shakes her head.

" You are bestfriends and you two know each other before me so there is no place for me to compete her. And I don't want to be someone who is jealous with the bestfriend. This is just stupid. I don't want you to be stuck between me and Sakura-sshi."

" Minju-ah, why are you so kind? "

Chaeyeon murmurs and she sighs as she feels sorry for her mistakes. This girl doesn't deserve this. This girl doesn't deserve any of pain. While she is thinking, Minju slowly leans on her shoulder as she moves closer to her.

" Wae? "

" You are right. We never had a chance for our alone time. I miss you."

Minju said and Chaeyeon smiles. She holds Minju hand gently and leans her head on the younger girl's.

" I miss you too."

They enjoy their date happily and Chaeyeon drops Minju at her house. And she drives her bike directly to the hotel where Sakura is staying. She needs to clear things today. She can't make the chaos anymore. She walks up to Sakura's room and knocks on the door. The door is opened immediately and Sakura's face lights up when she sees Chaeyeon at her door.

" Jjaeyeon, what are you doing here? "

" Let's talk."

" Come in."

Sakura pulls her in and she closes the door back. Chaeyeon sighs and she turns to Sakura as she wants to finish it as soon as possible.

" Sakuchan, I want to say that you should go back to Japan."

" What? "

The smile on Sakura's face fades away. She furrows her eyebrows and walks to Chaeyeon.

" What's wrong? Why you want me to leave you? Don't you love me anymore? "

Sakura asks and Chaeyeon shakes her head.

" It is not like this. I love you but we are not meant to be. I mean your life is not here. You can't stay here with me. You have to follow your father's wish."

" I don't care about him. I only care about you. If you want me to stay here, I will not leave. Just break up with that Minju."

" No, I can't."

" Why? "

" Because- because I fell in love with her, too."

Chaeyeon said and Sakura can't believe her ears. She frowns and then smiles again.

" You are lying, right? You are lying because you want me to go back. Right? "

" Sakuchan, we can love another person even if we are trying not to. I loved you but we now become past. My present is with Minju only. You have to accept it."

" No, Jjaeyeon, I-"

" I'm sorry. I have to go."

Chaeyeon said and she walks out of the room. Sakura runs after her and she backhugs her.

" Please don't do this to me."

Chaeyeon can feel that her shoulder becomes wet with Sakura's tears. She is also feeling sad but she has to choose only one. She holds onto Sakura's hands and slowly removes them from her waist.

" Goodbye, Sakuchan. We were in love and I loved you. You will always be my beautiful memory."

And she leaves the room, leaving Sakura alone. Sakura leans on the door with her arms and she is crying a lot as she knows she is actually losing Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon is also walking out fast from the hotel and she leans on her bike, trying to calm her down.

Well, it is hard for her to leave Sakura but she knows Sakura is no good for her. She doesn't belong here. She has her life in Japan. Plus she can't leave Minju like this. This girl, she doesn't know anything. Or may be she know? Chaeyeon will never know but the girl is always understanding to her.

Minju. I can't hurt that girl. She is too precious for me to get hurt. I should be more taking care of her. Chaeyeon thinks and she smiles as she knows she has made the best decision. She looks up the hotel and smiles. Goodbye, Sakuchan.

And she drives her bike away.

 

 

 

xxx                             xxx                                 xxx

 

 

 

 

* Door bell ringing *

" I'll go get it unnie."

Eunbi quickly said and she opens the door for her girlfriend who is greeting her with a dorky smile. Eunbi frowns instead.

" Yah, why did you want to come? Joohyun unnie is at home."

" But, I couldn't meet you for three days and I'm missing you to death already. Let me in."

" Aish, I know you will be in trouble."

" Don't worry. I will try my best so that she will like me."

" I don't think so."

While they are talking at the door, Irene who is watching them from the stairs shouts at them.

" Yah, stop standing at the door. I'm celebrity. There are many cameras around my house."

Eunbi and Hyewon frown together in fear and Eunbi lets Hyewon to enter the house. The younger girl enters the great mansion of the actress and she is watching everything with a wide mouth.

" Wow. That's how a celebrity's house looks like. This is really cool. But why this photo is too ugly? I can see the nose hairs of your sister."

" Yah, Kang Hyewon."

" Oop, sorry."

Hyewon covers quickly and she receives a deadly glare from Irene who didn't fully hear the whole sentence. Lucky to her. Hyewon awkwardly sits on the couch in the living and Eunbi joins beside her. Hyewon smiles as she is missing her girlfriend too much. She gently holds her hand and stares at Eunbi's face with a big smile.

" Yah~ Why are you staring at me? "

" You are very beautiful with this red hair. I keep falling in love with you."

" Hump, I'm not buying your lies."

" I'm telling the truth. You can even be an actress if you want. Your visual is jjang! "

Hyewon said with a thumb up and Eunbi's face turns red in embarrassment. 

" Aham Aham."

At that iime, Irene comes down from the upstairs with a magazine in her hand. She makes a loud fake cough and sits on another couch beside them, starts reading the magazine. What the-

Eunbi quickly lets go of Hyewon's hand and she moves away from Hyewon, and now they are sitting on the either side of the couch, nervously. Hyewon scratches her head as Irene seems she will not leave them alone. Aish, this is super awkward.

" Have you eaten? "

Finally she takes all her courage and starts the conversation again with Eunbi. Eunbi is also nervous and she answers in a shaky tone.

" Yeah, what about you? "

" I haven't eaten yet."

" Then eat at your home."

Irene said with a glare and the couple gulp, not knowing what to do with the situation. Hyewon sighs and she notices the remote beside her. She decides to turn on TV so that some sound will break the tension here.

" Oh, the concert is live now, I wonder whose? "

Hyewon said and she happily jumps on the couch in excitement when she sees the singer.

" OMG! It's the Queen, Lee Sunmi. Yah, Kwon Eunbi, let's watch this."

Eunbi widens her eyes when she hears the name Lee Sunmi and she tries to stop the exciting girl but Hyewon is oblivious of the situation. She is head to toe fangirling over the singer. Irene takes a peek at the screen and she is searching for someone. And there she is, Kang Seulgi.

As she is the main partner of Sunmi, she is wearing different from other dancers. Her hair is tied in ponytail at the back, she is wearing a suit which is annoyingly matched with Sunmi's tight and revealing outfit. Huh, are you enjoying that much Kang Seulgi? Look at her face, she is smiling widely. Why you have to be so hot and good looking? I hate you.

As Irene is watching, Sunmi suddenly runs between Seulgi's legs and the later pulls her up while Sunmi puts her legs around Seulgi's waist and she is now hugging her like a koala.

They even put their foreheads together and lean towards each other while smirking as the light blanks out in slow motion.

" ! This is so hot!! "

Hyewon is fangirling while Eunbi is watching Irene whose face becomes red with anger. Oh, no.It's not good. Her sister is furious now. But before she can say anything, Irene walks to them, grabs the remote and turns off the TV.

" Kang Hyewon, leave my house, now."

" Nae? Did I do something wrong? "

" I said OUT!!! "

" Let's go. Let's go."

Eunbi pulls up the clueless Hyewon as she pushes her towards the door.

" Wae? Did I make a mistake? "

" Yes, a huge one. Now, go. I will call you later."

" Ok. Ok. I love you."

Eunbi opens the door for Hyewon and the younger girl takes a quick peck on Eunbi's cheek. She then flashes her toothy smile and said goodbye. Eunbi sighs and she closes the door. She looks around and locating her furious sister who is now in front of the AC, putting her head right in front of it, trying to cooling her down.

" All Kangs are bad. I hate you, Kang Seulgi!!!!! "

Oh, it's not good. Eunbi thinks and she shakes her head.

 

 

 

xxx                          xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

Bomi is in her office, leaning on her chair and closes her eyes. She has been too tired. She has been too weak and she has been lost since after their father's funeral. She still can't believe that her father and brother did such things but there is nothing she can do. She can't leave her brother's side. She is the only one family member he has left.

She sighs as she suddenly remember someone who once massaged her while she was resting like this. Chorong unnie, what are you doing now? Are you satisfied when Appa is dead? Are you still in hate with us? Are you still seeing us as enemy?

Bomi slowly opens her eyes and sighs. Of course, she will. Her brother is still out and she will try everything to put him in jail. What should I do? It is the most difficult exam for me in my life. I don't know what to choose. One is the person I love most, the other is my only family left who loves me a lot. Why I have to choose between them?

" Manager, the meeting is about to start."

" I'm coming."

Bomi replies and she grabs her coat. She sighs and puts on the coat before she follows her secretary and comes to the meeting room. Today is the share-holders' monthly meeting and there is someone who has claimed for the CEO place all of a sudden. Bomi doesn't believe there will be someone who has as many shares as them. 

She sits at her seat which is at the topmost of the left side of the long table. Her brother is at the top of the table as he is still the CEO and he smiles at her as soon as she sits down. Oppa, I still can't believe that you are a bad guy. Bomi is looking at the man who is concentrating on the papers he is reading and gets lost in her own thoughts 

At that time, the door is opened and a group of people enters. They must be the new share-holders. They all stand up to greet them but Bomi is frozen at that spot when she sees the one in the middle.

" Unnie."

Park Chorong has changed her hairstyle. She has cut it off till it reaches her shoulder length and she dyed it black. She is wearing a red lipstick which is not suitable with her innocent cute appearance. She now looks like a tiger which is about to jump over his prey. Chorong takes a glance at her but she pretends like they never know each other and shifts her attention back to her brother.

" Hello, Choi MInho-sshi."

" You-"

Choi Minho is surprised to see Chorong here. He looks at Bomi and notices the depression mode of her sister. He doesn't know what to do or how to react but Chorong smirks and she extends her hand for a handshake.

" I am the eldest daughter of Mr Kwon Byunseo who was one of the founders of this company. Now, I am attending the meeting as his successor."

Bomi can see her brother's hand is shaking. He is sweating and he seems to be scared to take the handshake. But Chorong just rubs her fingers against him and she takes her place at the topmost at the right side of the long table, right in front of Bomi. The Myoui girl, Mina sits beside Chorong and the meeting starts.

" Hello everyone, I am Mina Myoui of Myoui Bag Collection. I am here in charge of my father. The late president, Mr Choi Jinho, Mr Kwon Byunseo and my father, Mr Takasa Myoui were the founders of this company. Now, his daughter, Kwon Chorong has 30% of the shares and she is claiming for the CEO place."

" I have 30% too. She can't get this place."

Mina smirks.

" But I will give my 10% of shares to her."

Mina said and everyone in the room starts whispering. MInho is shaking and he looks pale all of a sudden. He never thinks that the rival may have as many possession as him.

Bomi knows that Chorong is staring at her so she stares at her back. These eyes are not the same as she knows. They are wild and they look like they are hungry for revenge. Unnie, what do you want me to do?

At the same time, Chorong is staring at her lover who is now on the opposite side. Bomi-ah, he is not a good man. I am sorry but I have to pull him down. I will make everything into justice. Don't get in between me and him. I don't want to push you in difficult situation.

But Bomi leans forward and she taps her mic, before she said something.

" I am the second daughter of the late President. And I am holding 10% of the company shares. I give it to my brother. So, we have 40% now. And we are even. According to the rules of the company, you can't take over the CEO place, Kwon Chorong-sshi."

Bomi said these words while she is staring into her eyes. Chorong feels like her heart has been stabbed. She feels that Mina is holding her hand under the table as she is helping her to calm down herself. 

" But she is now the biggest share-holder of the company. You have to agree to that."

" We agree. But we are sorry, you can't make any decision of the company yet. It is sill under my control."

Choi Minho is smirking again. 

" Gentlemen, and ladies, you all know that I have been working for company for many years. You know how I put all my efforts in company works. But Kwon Chorong-sshi just shows up and she is asking for the CEO place. Who do you choose? The random girl who bought our shares secretly and wants to take over the company or Me, who has been working with you for enough time? "

The room is filled with whispers again. Chorong sighs as she knows they can't win over him today, Choi Minho stands up from his seat and he smiles at them.

" You can buy the shares with money but you can't buy experience. Meeting's over."

His smile turns into a smirk and he leaves the room, the share-holders follow him one by one and there are only Chorong, Bomi and Mina are left. Mina whispers at her sister.

" I'll be wait for you outside."

" Thanks, babysis."

Mina smiles and she gives a squeeze to Chorong's shoulder before she leaves. Chorong and Bomi do not talk and they are just sitting there at their seats. 

The room is in silence and Bomi dares herself to break it, hopping that her voice will not be shaking.

" You are really doing this."

" I've told you already, Bomi. I will do anything for my family."

Chorong said and Bomi smiles.

" Yeah. Even if we turn into enemies, I have to stay by my brother's side. He is the only family I have left in this world."

" You are doing well. You are a good sister today."

It is too painful. They both think. Chorong stares at Bomi's body which is much thinner than the last time she saw her. Her hair is a little messy and there is no more her red lipstick. She can say that Bomi is in depressed stage. She remembered that her father recently shot himself. This must be really hard for her.

Chorong wants to stand up and runs to Bomi, hugs her and tells her that things will be alright but she can't. Yoon Bomi, this is totally not you. Get up and get a life. She wants to scold her but she can't. She knows how Bomi is feeling and how hard it is for her right now. Why life is so cruel to her? 

Her eyes become blurry and Chorong stands up suddenly as she deosn't want Bomi to notice her tears.

" I'm leaving. At the next meeting, we will see who will win."

And she walks out of the room, leaving Bomi at her spot. Bomi watches Chorong as the older girl is getting away from her more and more. Bomi is feeling like her soul is leaving her body. Her heart is feeling like bleeding. She sighs.

" Omma, I'm doing the right thing, am I? "

Bomi remembers her first meeting with the Choi Father-Son. At that time, she was only 9 and Minho was 15. He was a very good brother to her since that time. He gave her whatever she wanted. Bomi even nearly forgets that they are not biological siblings. She has to take her family side no matter what.

" Good or bad, family is family."

Bomi whispers and she also stands up. And she smiles as she will never regret for what she has chosen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus

 

Mina walks out from the meeting room and she is about to follow her assistants when she is suddenly pulled by someone and dragged into the elevator.

" Don't touch me."

" I won't. But your attack surprised me today."

Choi Minho smirks. 

" But, sadly, I have some luck on my side today."

" You won't win again next time."

Minho's smile fades away as he pushes Mina to the elevator wall.

" Do you really think you can win over me? No way. But like I warned you, you have to repay for today."

He said and Mina widens her eyes. What does he mean? At that time, the elevator door is opened and he removes himself from Mina. And he smirks.

" Let's see how you will have to suffer."

And he walks away. Mina is left at there in shock. She remembers that he told her he would hurt Chaeyeoung if she continued to fight him.

No! Not Chaeng.