Chapter 28

The Pleiades

Chaeyeon is walking to and fro in front of the bathroom while Minju is inside. She runs to the patient girl when she comes out with the gown for the operation.

" Minju-ah, are you ok? "

" I'm fine. You are doing over."

Minju pushes Chaeyeon away teasingly and walks to the bed. Chaeyeon frowns and she follows the girl.

" No, I'm just worried for you."

" Even my parents are not doing as over as you."

Minju said and Chaeyeon takes a glance at Minju's parents who are sitting on the couch and watching them. She shows her toothy smile at them and scratches her head in nervousness. Minju shakes her head at Chaeyeon while the other girl is busy with the drip stand.

Minju checks the time and she finds that it is getting near to her operation time. Well, no matter how many times they say it is safe, she feels a little scared. She is playing with her fingers in her nervousness and Chaeyeon holds on her hand. She looks at the girl and Chaeyeon smiles at her.

" You will be ok."

Chaeyeon is not sure with her own words. She frowns immediately when she thinks of losing Minju on the table. Minju notices her face changing and she tries to look at her by pulling from her chin.

" Yah, what's wrong? You should not be sad. Hmmm? Smile."

Chaeyeon can't smile. She wipers her eyes with her fingers to stop the tears but she can't. She immediately leans on Minju's shoulder  and hides her tears. Minju hugs her back and she pads her back.

" Yah, Lee Chaeyeon. Wae? "

" I- I- What if-  what if I will not get the chance to make up to you? I'm scared, Minju-ah. I don't want to lose you."

Minju takes a secret glance at her parents and the mother and father know what their daughter wants. They leave the room so that the couple can get their alone time. Minju pushes Chaeyeon away and she tries to peek the crying girl's face while the later is trying to hide.

" Where my handsome Chaeyeonnie? Let me see her face before they put me into the slumber land."

Chaeyeon laughs while crying and Minju raises her face to prevent her own tears.

" You are making me worried."

She tries to joke but Chaeyeon can't laugh. She looks at the pale girl in front of her and she whispers.

" Saranghae, Minju-ah."

" ... "

Minju doesn't expect to hear that. She bites her lip and smiles.

" I thought I would never hear it from you."

" Why? I love you. A lot."

Chaeyeon pulls Minju in her embrace and the smaller girl rests her head on Chaeyeon's chest, listening to her heartbeat.

" Chaeyeon-ah."

" Hmm? "

" About saying I love you. Will you say it again when I come out from the operation room? " 

" I will. 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times. I will say it as many times as you want to hear. I promise."

" I promise to come back too."

Minju whispers as she is gripping tightly on Chaeyeon's shirt. At that time, the door is opened and her parents enter.

" Minju-ah, they are here."

They watch as the workers push the trolly in, Minju lies on it and they push her out from the room to take her to the operation theratre. The parents are following their daughter beside the trolley while Chaeyeon walks behind them. They watch as the nurses take Minju and the door closes.

Chaeyeon smiles at Minju who tries to smile at them before the door closes. She doesn't know if she can have a chance to see her smile next time but she is trying her best not to think negative thoughts.

She is praying hard to give her second chance to prove herself. Minju-ah, I'll be waiting for you. 

 

 

 

xxx                          xxx                               xxx

 

 

 

Today, Chaeyoung can finally discharge from the hospital. Mina has been busy the whole morning as the younger girl has asked her to stay together. She has been prepared the room for Chaeyoung and the lawyer girl is now in her new room while looking everything with a huge smile on her face.

" Do you like the room? "

" Yes, but why we need separate rooms? "

" Cause my bed is small and you are injured. I don't want you to sleep uncomfortably."

Mina explains and Chaeyoung looks at her POP casted right arm and frowns.

" Yeah, I need to stay with this for 2 months. Ah, this is annoying."

But her face changes immediately when she remembers something.

" There is only one good thing about it. You have to feed me for 2 months. Hehehe."

She is giggling herself and Mina shakes her head at the childish girl. She then tells Chaeyoung to stay in her room while she skips her way to her room to change. It's exciting to live together with Chaeyoung as it is her first time of in a living together relationship. What if she makes something that Chaeyoung doesn't like? Ah, I'm going crazy.

Mina changes her comfy clothes and she decides to ask for help so that she will not mess up. Who should I ask? Chorong unnie? No, she is in disaster. Joohyun unnie? No, she is too evil. Eunji unnie? She is good but she is always busy. I don't want to destroy her free time. Eunbi unnie? Hmmm, she is a nice choice but she has no experience in living together. Jeongyeon unnie? Aish, what I am thinking? She is too stupid enough with herself. Then Chaeyeon? No way. I'm unnie. I don't want to ask the younger one.

" Hey Minari."

Mina is nearly to jump in surprise when Chaeyoung suddenly enters her room. She suspiciously looks at Mina who is scared to see her with her phone in her hand.

" What are you doing? "

" Not- Nothing."

" Why are you stuttering? "

Chaeyoung asks as she moves closer to Mina who is sitting on the bed.

" You have done a crime! Right? "

" What? No! "

" Awww, you are lying."

* Bump Bump Bump *

Chaeyoung hits Mina's table beside the bed and her face changes.

" The accused, Mina Myoui."

" Moya? What are you doing? "

Mina is laughing and she is trying to stand up from the bed but Chaeyoung stops her and pushes her on the bed again.

" You can't leave the chamber at the trial, the accused."

Mina sighs and she decides to play along with the girl. Well, she has been in the hospital. She may miss her work at trials.

" Alright, alright. I give up. What are my charges? "

Chaeyoung smirks and she asks.

" Do you love the attorney, Son Chaeyoung? You never said that and she wants to know. "

" What? Yah, Chaeyoung-ah. Let's stop. I have to make dinner for us."

" You can't, Miss. Please answer the question first."

Mina is laughing but Chaeyoung seems she is serious with the game. She leans closer to Mina and asks again.

" Do you love the attorney, Son Chaeyoung? "

Mina's smile on her face slowly disappears as she becomes lost in staring into Chaeyoung's eyes. Chaeyoung smiles and she asks for the third time.

" Do you love me, Minari? "

" Yes."

Mina doesn't break the eye contact. She just stares into the younger girl's eyes. All she can see is her own image which reflects in Chaeyoung's eyes. This feels really right and being loved. She smiles and answers with her husky voice.

" Saranghae."

Chaeyoung smiles and she leans more closer to Mina. Mina closes her eyes and waits for the moment when Chaeyoung captures her lips. She has been wondering how these lips will taste like. And now, she has found out that they are really strawberries, soft and sweet yet addicted strawberries.

 

 

 

xxx                                  xxx                                   xxx

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sighs as she is parking her car in the parking lot. She opens the backdoor and takes out Nayeon's lauggage from it. Nayeon is waiting for her from the other side and they both enter the airport.

" Yah, Im Nayeon. Are you sure you have everything? "

" Yes, I have done double check."

" Good."

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon who is wearing the sunglasses and big hat on the day they first met in Busan. She remembers how Nayeon was clumsy and curious at that time. It ended up like her involving in police case and stuck with her for months.

" Why are you smiling? Are you that much happy that I'm going back? "

" Ahhh, yeah. Ahahahaha. I'm so so so happy."

Jeongyeon answers and Nayeon pouts. They look for the terminal where Nayeon will have to enter after they have checked in with the lauggage. Jeongyeon feels really uneasy of letting Nayeon go but she can't pull her back also. How can she? She can see how happy Nayeon is to go back to her family.

At that time, they hear the announcement to board on the plane and Jeongyeon sighs. It is the time. She looks at Naeyeon and tries to smile at her.

" You have to go now."

" Imm, yah, don't you have anything to tell me? "

Nayeon asks. Jeongyeon doesn't understand what she means. Don't do this, Im Nayeon. Don't give me hopes. She rubs her nose nervously and looks back at Nayeon who is patiently waiting for her answer.

" Yes, I have."

Nayeon seems she is happy to hear that. She jumps like a bunny and asks.

" What is it? What is it? Tell me."

Jeongyeon stares at the cute short woman, and gulps. She lets our her deep sigh and smiles.

" Go well. Take care. Stay healthy."

" What! "

Nayeon seems she is angry. The announcement is made for the second time and it is time for Nayeon to go. Nayeon searches her bag and she gives an envelope in Jeongyeon's hand.

" Read it when you reach the car. Bye, Pabo."

She stumps her feet and gets in the line. Jeongyeon waves at her but Nayeon crosses her arm and she never turns around. Jeongyeon waits till Nayeon disappears from her sight and she walks back to her car. She leans on the car and opens the envelope to read what Nayeon wanted to tell her.

" Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon, you Pabo,

                 If you are reading this letter, it means you are too stupid to let me go without saying anything. I can't think of how can you stay like a rock while a beautiful, smart, cute and y woman like me is around you. But I don't blame on you. The only one who needed to be blamed is me only because I fell for the most stupid person in South Korea. Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon. Don't cry because you miss me at nights. Take care of the bunny I gave you on your birthday. I am angry with you now but remember one thing. I love you. A lot. I love you from the beginning. I treasure every moment I had with you. Saranghae, Yoo Jeongyeon. Bye bye."

Jeongyeon feels empty while she is reading the letter. She looks up the sky while holding the letter in her hand and she sees that the plane flying through the sky.

" Nado Saranghae, Im Nayeon."

She whispers. Her tears are falling on the paper that Nayeon gave her and she feels really stupid to notice the love from the bunny girl. 

What should I do now without you, Im Nayeon?

 

 

 

 

xxx                                 xxx                                 xxx

 

 

 

 

 

* Door bell ringing *

Eunbi runs to the door to open and her girlfriend appears at the door with many bags in her hands.

" Yah, Kang Hyewon, what are you doing here? Joohyun unnie will kill you if she knows you are here."

" Don't worry. Seulgi unnie told me that they are having a date today. So, I went some shopping and bought groceries to make lunch for you."

" Huh? You cook again? No, thanks. Joohyun unnie will super mad if you destroy any of her precious kitchen equipments."

Eunbi tries to stop but Hyewon never listens and she skips her way into the kitchen. She puts the things on the counter and takes out the brand new apron to put on herself. Eunbi suddenly remembers the similar Hyewon at her small house and she smiles at the memory.

" Wae? Am I that good looking? You are staring at me and smiling."

Hyewon asks and Eunbi is laughing at her silly statement. She sits on the chair and watches while Hyewon is chopping the onions.

" Oop!!! "

" Wae? Are you hurt? "

Eunbi stands up immediately and she runs to Hyewon, checking the finger. Hyewon starts laughing at Eunbi and the older girl realizes that she has been fooled.

" Yah!!! I thought you were hurt."

She slaps on her arm but Hyewon is just laughing. Eunbi pouts and she takes the knife from Hyewon.

" Just give me. I am more worried for you while you are playing with these stuffs."

She said and she starts chopping the vegetables for the younger girl. Hyewon smiles and she suddenly leans on the shorter girl's shoulder.

" Yah~~ what are you doing? "

" I just love you a lot."

Hyewon blurs out and Eunbi just smiles shyly. Hyewon frowns as she immediately stands up straight.

" Yah, where is my 'I love you, too' part? "

" Umm? "

" I mean you have to reply when someone says I love you. Don't you love me? "

" It's not like this. I- ummm, mollayo."

Eunbi finishes the chopping and she puts the knife down, washes her hands. She knows Hyewon is still staring at her but she decides to ignore and she walks back to her room.

Hyewon follows her and she suddenly pushes Eunbi to the wall.

" Yah!! Kwon Eunbi. Where are you going?! "

Eunbi is now trapped in between Hyewon's arms again. Hyewon smirks while her hand is busy with something. Eunbi doesn't know what the younger girl is doing so she just waits and watches the girl's move. She takes out cash from her pocket which makes Eunbi laugh.

" I have 100$. Can I make you say I love you? "

" Yah!! Kang Hyewon~ what are you talking about? "

" Hmmm? "

Hyewon asks again while she takes a quick peck on Eunbi's lips, making Eunbi red immediately.

" Will you say it or not? "

" No."

" Really? Ok."

" Ahhhhhh."

Hyewon suddenly grabs Eunbi and carries her bridal style as she kicks the door open. She throws Eunbi on her bed and crawls over her, trapped her between her arms again. The older girl is leaning on her elbows and balancing her body while giving teasingly look at the younger girl.

" Will you say it? "

She asks while giving pecks on both of Eunbi's cheeks. Eunbi is giggling as she feels ticklish with the touch.

" Yah~ Kang Hyewon. Stop now."

" I will not unless you say it."

She pecks on Eunbi's shoulder again, making Eunbi uneasy.

" No, stop now."

" Wae? Won't you tell me? "

Hyewon smirks and she makes a dare move of kissing Eunbi's chest which is exposed under her dress. Eunbi bites her lips as she is done with the teasing.

" Alright. Alright. I will tell."

" What is it? "

Their eyes lock. Eunbi knows she can't express her feelings through words but she tries her best to show what she is feeling for her lover.

" Saranghae."

" Good."

Hyewon starts kissing her everywhere and Eunbi frowns.

" Yah, you said- "

" ... "

" What about cooking? "

" Forget that."

Hyewon whispers as she continues what she is doing and Eunbi doesn't stop her. Well, by this way, that day becomes the most beautiful memory of them decorating with love.

 

 

 

 

 

XXX                                   XXX                                         XXX

 

 

 

 

 

" No, Eunji. I'm so done with you."

" Naeunnie, it's not like that."

" Then, what? "

" I- umm, I don't know how to explain it but you are misunderstanding."

" I don't care. And I don't believe you. You never said I love you because you don't really love me. Right? "

" No, I- "

" Enough. Don't talk to me anymore."

Naeun shouts and she closes her door at Eunji's nose. Eunji scratches her head as she doesn't know how to explain the situation. Naeun asks her to say I love you all of a sudden and she finds it difficult to say it and the younger girl becomes angry.

" Aish, I'm too stupid. C'm on Eunji. Think something and make up with your girl."

She is talking to herself and she walks in the kitchen to drink some water to cool herself down. Wait. She sees the coffee cups and she gets an idea.

Aha, a coffee cup will solve everything. She smiles and skips her way to the fridge to take the ingradients she needs. She makes a best coffee she could ever make and puts it in the tray.

" Aham, Naeunnie, I- umm, Sa- Saran- aish. Why it is too difficult for me? Why am I too shy to say it? "

Eunji is practising and she doesn't notice that Naeun is peeking her from the stairs. She is watching the cute Eunji trying her best to say it out and covers not to make any giggles.

At that time, Eunji decides to go up to Naeun's room and she makes her way to the stairs. Naeun runs back to her room and turns to fhe other side, pretends to sleep while waiting for Eunji with dugun dugun heart.

" Naeunnie? "

Eunji's head pops inside Naeun's room and she finds that the younger girl is lying on her bed. She smiles and enters her whole body inside the room. She puts the coffee on the table and she sits on the bed.

" Naeunnie? See, I have made the best coffee ever for you."

Naeun turns around but she just gives her a glare. Eunji doesn't care and she shows her eyesmile.

" Don't you believe me? Come. Try taste it."

She offers her coffee and Naeun frowns. Eunji smiles as she takes a sip from the coffee.

" Ahh, why it is so good? May be it is because I put all my love in it."

She said and she takes another sip of the coffee. Naeun sits up and she steals the coffee cup from Eunji's hand.

" It's for me! "

She said and she takes a sip. And she smiles while holding the cup with both hands. Eunji smiles at the girl.

" Naeunnie, I- sa- saran- "

Naeun waits for the older girl to say it out. Eunji sighs and she shakes her head, then she suddenly presses her lips on Naeun. Naeun is shocked and she blinks her eyes a few times as she doesn't expect it. Eunji pulls away and she shows her eyesmile again.

" Saranghae, Naeunnie."

Then she covers her face suddenly and hides in embarrassment. Naeun laughs loudly as she finds it so cute. Eunji looks at her and she slaps on Naeun' arm lightly but she also joins laughing. The two lovers are laughing really hard as they are enjoying the peaceful moment.

All they need is a cup of coffee and the certain person to laugh with, to share their feelings with. They don't need anymore.

 

 

 

 

xxx                               xxx                                 xxx

 

 

 

 

Seulgi opens the door and she welcomes Irene to her house. Irene looks around the house, it is not big as hers but it is suitable for a single living. The walls are painted in yellow and Irene smiles as she can get the energetic vibe from it.

Irene puts her bag on the couch and she throws herself onto it as she watches Seulgi walks into the kitchen and brings a glass of water for her. 

" Thank you."

Irene smiles at the dancer and she waits for Seulgi to join her but the later lies down on floor. 

" What are you doing? "

" Oh, I need to strict to my schedule to keep my body shape. Now is time for exercise."

Seulgi said as she starts doing sits up on the floor. 

" Actually, I usually do it in my dance studio but you wanted to visit to my house so I have to do it on the floor."

Seulgi is explaining while she keeps doing sits up. Irene is watching her doing exercises, accidently exposing her perfect abs. Damn, Kang Seulgi, why you have to be so hot? Irene feels thirsty all of a sudden and she needs to drink the water. Seulgi takes a glance at her and she asks.

" Can you hold my ankles? It's a little uncomfortable for me to do here."

" Ok."

Irene stands up from the couch and she sits on the floor, holding Seulgi's ankles. Seulgi smiles as Irene is obedient of what she says and she continues.

" Joohyun unnie, you know I have been friends with other girls, right? "

" Yeah."

" They said you sisters never say I love you. Is it true? "

" Umm? I- I don't know."

Irene whispers while Seulgi keeps doing her things.

" You are the actress. You have said it many times already, right? "

" But they were all work. They don't contain any feeling. I think that's why we don't talk about it much. We are shy types."

Irene explains and Seulgi nods. And she suddenly suggests something.

" Do you want to be called as Babe? I will call you if you follow what I say."

Irene doesn't understand what Seulgi means. She is just staring at the younger girl while the later continues doing her exercise.

" Sa.."

She sits up and throws herself near to Irene and pecks on her lips, making the older girl to blush. Seulgi lies down in position again.

" Rang..."

She pecks again as she sits up.

" Hae.."

She doesn't peck this time. She just touches her lips against Irene's and smiles with her usual gummy bear smile. 

" Say it now. What I just said? "

" Saranghae? "

Irene blurs out and Seulgi's smile becomes wider. She pecks for one last time and stands up from the floor.

" Good to hear it from you, babe."

OMG!!!!!!!!! Irene can't help but rolls on the floor as it feels so sweet to hear that word. Seulgi is laughing at her silly girlfriend who is doing air hugging as she is too happy.

" Seulgi-ah, Saranghae."

" Nae, babe."

" Kyaaaaaa. It's so cute. Saranghae."

" Nae, babe."

" Saranghaeeeee."

" Ok, babe, when will you stop? "

" It's so sweet. I won't stop, Seulgi-ah."

" Unnie, come on. I need to shower."

" Let's shower together!!! "

" No way!!!!! "

" Saranghae."

" yes, Saranghae. But no way, babe."

" Saranghae."

Seulgi shakes her head but she knows Irene will keep saying it now. Well, I forget to tell you that she actually doesn't mind at all.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

 

It's almost 9PM and Bomi knows there will be no employee at the office. She has been waiting for this moment to come back to the company. She uses the stairs to get to her office like always. When she reaches the corner of the stairs near their office, she stares at the space for a few seconds.

She remembers how she and Chorong unnie became close on that day. She even took the coffee cup from Chorong's hand and took a sip because she has been too shy to think straight at that time. She smiles at the sweet memories which become Past now.

She keeps walking up to their office and enters her own room. She sighs and sits at her chair. This has been her place for a long time but she thinks it is the time to say goodbye.

It has been three days since her brother had been sentenced for life. Well, he did many mistakes and it is a fair punishment. At least, she can know he is living well. She can go see him when she wants. Bomi feels really sorry for her brother but she thinks it is the best for him. 

After his place has been taken, Bomi has decided to quit from the job. There is no place for them in this company. She doesn't want to meet anyone. Or she doesn't want to be look down by the others. She is not sure about the reason but she has been decided to leave. 

Bomi takes the box and she puts her things in it slowly, one by one. Every single one has good memories for her. She tries to smile when she closes the lid of the box after she has put her nameplate. She looks around the office for the last time and she walks out from the office.

She decides to use the elevator as she is carrying a box. Bomi walks along the empty corridor and heads to the elevator. 

" Where are you going, manager Yoon? "

Bomi is frozen at the spot when she hears the familiar voice. She doesn't dare to turn around as she hears the footsteps nearer to her.

" Are you leaving? "

" Yeah. I think there is no reason for me to stay here."

Bomi answers. Chorong walks to the front to face her.

" Who told you like this? I- I don't want you to leave."

" No, unnie. I don't know how to face you after everything has happened. I feel really sorry for you and your sisters."

Bomi said and she smiles at the new CEO.

" I believe in you. You will make this company grow stronger."

Bomi said and she continues walking. Chorong is standing there like a statue but she turns around suddenly and runs after Bomi who is already at the elevator. She hugs the younger girl from the back and stops her from leaving.

" Don't leave. The company needs you."

She whispers while she hides her face in Bomi's back. The younger girl inhales heavily and she doesn't know what to do.

" Unnie, I- "

" I know. I understand. I understand everything that you are feeling sorry for me and my family. And I am sorry for you too. You are thinking like you are left in this world alone but I can't let you to be lonely. I'm here for you."

Chorong tightens her grip on Bomi's wrist, never letting go of the younger girl.

" Saranghae, Bbom-ah. Please don't leave me. I need you."

Chorong said and Bomi can't resist anymore. She puts down the box in her hand and she removes Chorong's arms from her. She slowly turns around and faces the older girl who is nearly to cry.

" Unnie, are you sure? I mean won't you feel something when you see me? "

" All I feel about you is Love, Bbom-ah. I have been thinking these days and I know I can't live without you. Please don't leave me. I'm begging you."

Chorong whispers and Bomi pulls her in a hug. She is hugging the older girl tight as Chorong returns the same. They share the passionate hug while closing their eyes and trying to share their feelings together.

" I miss you."

" I miss you too."

Chorong doesn't want to admit but she knows Bomi is the most important person for her. She has done everything just for her and Chorong really appreciate them. She can't let Bomi get out of her life. Finally, they break the hug but Chorong is still hugging Bomi by the waist.

" Saranghae, Bbom-ah."

She stares into Bomi's eyes and said the magical words. She hopes Bomi will get her message and understand what her heart is screaming. The younger girl is staring back at her and she whispers.

" Saranghae, Rong unnie."

And they smile as they seal thier magical love with a true love kiss.