Chapter 27

The Pleiades

Today is a cloudy day of late July. The roads of Seoul are crowded with people and as busy as ever. People are struggling with their daily lives but they are trying their best to get through everything with a smile.

Chorong is looking outside by the car window and she remembers the day 1. She was a young girl who has been trying hard to get into this company. Now, she is going to take it from the enemy.

She gets off from the car when the driver opens the door for her and she looks up the huge building. This is the day she has been waiting for. Her father will be proud of her. 

" Unnie, let's go."

Mina walks beside her and she said. Chorong smiles at her sister and they walk into the company together. They get directly to the meeting room and there are almost everyone in there. Chorong takes a glance at the man at the top of the table and he seems he is not with himself. He seems to be angry as well as scared? His eyes are moving and he seems he is distracted by something.

Chorong bites her inner cheek as she wants to win so much today. She sits in her seat and she notices that someone is looking at her. She stares back at Bomi and the younger girl shifts her gaze away immediately when she notices that Chorong is looking at her too.

Chorong feels sorry for the girl but she has to finish everything today. She needs to win. She gives her attention back to the share borders who are siting at the table with them. She bows at them and smiles at them before the assistant announces that the meeting has started.

 

 

 

" What do you want from us? Why do you want to see us? "

Chorong looks at a group of men in front of her. She contacted everyone on Bomi's list and told them to meet her today. The share borders were surprised when she called them but they were curious of what she was about to do so they agree to meet her. Chorong waits for a few minutes before she starts speaking.

" I know everyone here is a businessman. And all businessmen want to get profits, right? Who will put all his money on a losing team? Hmm? "

" What do you mean? "

" Let me tell you a story first. Your current CEO is a murderer. He killed our father 12 years ago and he destroyed every evidences and he got escaped for many years. Now, we have enough evidence to get him. And he will soon end up in jail. This is your losing card."

" Why do we have to trust you? "

" Please check these data. These are your company's data. He used the company's fund as his won. You can see them here, here and here."

The men check the papers and their faces changes.

" Why we don't know any of these data? "

" We were being fooled."

" Aish, I can't believe him. He has been lying to us."

Chorong said the furious men to keep calm and she gives them another papers.

" Here is my new project for our company. We should make new policy and terms to get our company's reputation back. We need an exact plan for this. I may have no experience in administration, but I have enough knowleadge and experiences on advertisement projects. I believe we can make the company stronger if we unite."

The men are looking at each other and then to Chorong. They are having a hard time to believe on a young lady and they are whispering with each other. Finally, one of the men smiles and he said.

" Alright. We can see how you have been through to get to this place today. Show us your skills. We will support you."

" Thank you."

Chorong smiles at them. 

 

 

 

" Let's get to the point. Yah, Choi Minho, where are the real data of the company? "

One of the men asks and Choi Minho frowns. 

" What data? I have nothing to hide."

" Really? Then why these money were transferred to your personal account? "

The man asks as he puts a pile of papers in front of him. Minho looks at the papers and he glares at Mina.

" You! You did this, right? "

" It's over, Minho-sshi. Give up and face the justice."

" No, I'm still the CEO. No one can tell me what to do."

He said and Chorong smiles.

" Ok, then let's start the voting. I have 30% of shares and I claim for the CEO position."

" I give my 10% to my sister."

Mina said and they are waiting for others to give voting. 

" I give my 3% to Park Chorong-sshi."

" I give my ...

" ... "

" ... "

The voting continues and it is Bomi's turn. She looks at the data and sighs as she knows they are losing.

" I give my 10% to my brother."

" Alright, it's 53% vs 47%. And Park Chorng-sshi wins. The new CEO of Paradise has been decided."

" No way! "

Choi Minho shouts as he pushes away the papers in front of him. He stands up from his seat and he glares at them.

" Why you all betrayed me? Why? This is my company. I can't give it to anyone."

He is breathing heavily and glares at them for the last time, then he walks out of the room with wide steps. Bomi leans back on her chair and closes her eyes to inhale and calm down herself. Sorry, Appa. It seems me and oppa can't do anything. But I think you will be satisfied with the result. You felt guilty about this before you died, right? I'm sorry. Bomi is thinking while everyone in the room leave one by one as the meeting is over now.

She doesn't know how long she has been sitting there when the assistant runs to her and said.

" Manager, manager. You should come. There are polices down there. They are here for your brother."

" What! "

Bomi widens her eyes and she jumps up from her chair. She runs to her brother's door and there are a group of police in front of the office. She walks through them and she finds Chorong's sister at the door.

" What are you doing? "

" We are here to arrest him for the murder, for misusing of company's fund and for drugs selling. Here's the warrant."

Jeongyeon shows her the paper and Bomi sighs as she knows it is coming. She can't do nothing. She lets them to open the door but there is no one surprisingly.

" Huh, where is he? "

" I found him! He went to the rooftop."

One of the polices who is checking the CCTV said. Bomi doesn't care anyone as she is worried for her brother and she runs up to the rooftop by the stairs as fast as she can.

" Oppa! "

She shouts at her brother who is now standing at the edge of the rooftop. His coat is lying on the ground, his necktie is loosely around his neck and he seems he is giving up his life already.

" Oppa, what are you doing? Get down now."

Bomi said as she moves closer to her brother. Choi Minho turns around to her and he smiles weakly at her.

" I'm sorry, Bomi-ah. We lost."

" Oppa, this is not the end. Get down. Let's talk."

" No, I have lost everything. And they are going to arrest me. I- I don't want to continue like this. I don't want to live like a loser."

" But oppa, what about me? "

Bomi said while she looks at her brother with teary pleading eyes.

" Hmm, oppa, what about me? I only have you in this world. Are you leaving me? "

She asks and the man seems to be confused. But at that time, the polices run up to there and they are all surrounding them with guns in thier hands.

" NO!!! Don't come. Or I'll jump."

He shouts and Jeongyeon stops the polices with her palm. Bomi faces them and she stands in front of her brother.

" Don't come near. I'll talk to him."

" Alright."

The police puts her gun back to her pocket and she raises her empty hand, as she slowly moves back to the door. Bomi glares at them and she turns back to her brother who is ready to jump off.

" Oppa, this is not the solution. Don't you know how much it is hurt for me when Appa decided to leave? Now, are you going to do the same? "

" Bomi-ah, I can't. I can't live like this."

" No, you are not alone. I'm here with you. I'll always be with you. Come. Take my hand."

She moves slowly to him as she extends her arm to him. Choi Minho hestitately takes her hand and the younger girl pulls him down.

" Oppa, I love you."

She hugs him and starts to cry in his embrace. The brother is also crying as he holds her back.

" I'm sorry, Bomi-ah. I'm a bad guy. I love you but I let you down. I'm so sorry."

" You can repay according to justice, oppa. Let's face. I'll always be right beside you."

" I'm sorry, babysis."

Bomi keeps crying as the polices run to them, pull him away and take him. She is left at the rooftop alone, kneeling on the ground and crying hard.

It seems that even the weather is feeling sorry for her. The black clouds start to cry and they cry together with her for a long time.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                  xxx                                  xxx

 

 

 

 

" It's party time!!!!!!!!!!!! "

The seven sisters are at Irene's house again as they are celebrating their victory night together. This day is the day they have been waiting for. They can finally kick the bad guys to the jail at the end.

Irene has prepared everything and they are now taking thier places in the living room as they like while cans of beer are lying on the table and on the floor.

" Aish, it's really good to arrest them."

Jeongyeon said while she is leaning by the window and looking outside.

" When I put handcuffs on him, I feel like my duty has been completed."

She adds while taking a sip of her beer. Eunji pads her shoulder lightly which makes her frowns in pain.

" Ah, that's still hurt."

" Aigoo, you should take X-ray."

" No need, I'm fine."

Irene is lying on her abdomen on the floor and she is looking at the two. Then she asks Jeongyeon with some curiosity.

" Jeongyeonie, what about you and your witness girl? Are you guys together now? "

" No! How can we? She is going back to Italy this week."

" What?! "

Jeonogyeon's breaking the bad news really surprises everyone.

" Yah, Jeongyeon-ah, are you a Pabo? How can you let her go back? "

" Wae? She is a chef in Italy. She is just a tourist here. Her real life is not here, not with me. How can I pull her back if I know she is not meant to be with me? You are talking like you have never been in love. I mean, loving someone does not need to be with them but to see their happiness, right? It doesn't matter I am included in that happiness or not."

Jeongyeon said and she notices that thier oldest unnie sighs. 

" Sorry, Chorong unnie if I hurt you. But seriously, what will you do now? "

" The right question is what I should do."

Chorong corrects her sister and Eunbi holds the oldest hand.

" Unnie, I'm not an expert but I have some experience in love. You should follow your heart. You should do what it says because it knows your true happiness."

Eunbi said and Chorong sighs again. She doesn't know why but she can't be happy for 100% now. Something is bothering her and she guesses that it is because of the certain girl who will be crying alone right now. 

The sisters continue chatting and Chaeyeon is sitting alone at the corner again. She is trying to call Minju for Nth time but the phone is still power off. She doesn't know what to do and she feels like lost again. At that time, Eunji sits beside her and she smiles at the older girl.

" Having bad mood, huh? "

" Nae."

" Arasso, but don't you go to hospital? Tomorrow is her operation date, right? "

" What operation date? "

Chaeyeon asks her back and Eunji is staring at her in confusion. Then she changes her face.

" You still don't know, do you? "

" Know what, unnie? "

Eunji can only say aigoo. She sighs and she explains Chaeyeon.

" Stay calm. Minju is now in my hospital. She has con valvular heart disease and she needs to undergo the operation. Me and Naeun saw her not long ago and I went check her chart for her condition. I thought you knew about it. I'm sorry, baby."

" Valvular heart disease? What's her condition? Is the operation dangerous? "

" Of course, it is."

Chaeyeon can't speak for a few moments. She then stands up immediately and looks at her sisters.

" I need to go. Bye unnies."

" Where are you going? It's late already."

She hears Irene shouting at her but she ignores it as she starts to run out from the house. She didn't take her bike today as she came with Eunbi together so she needs to run. While she is running, she remembers the day they became a couple.

Please don't break my heart. It is too weak. And now, I'm giving it to you.

Minju really said this. Ahh, I hurt her too much. I'm a jerk. Chaeyeon is thinking as she keeps running to the hospital. At that time, a car stops beside her and Mina appears.

" Hop on. I'm going back to hospital too."

Chaeyeon gets on the car. Mina checks her sister with a glance while the younger one is zoning out. Chaeyeon is staring at nowhere while she is thinking all her memories with Minju.

I should have notice about her. She is always pale and she can't run and she is always as fragile as a white paper. She can't get into the water as she can fall sick. She told me everything but I failed to get the message. Why I was so stupid? Chaeyeon is blaming herself.

When they reach to the hospital, Mina stops the car in fornt of the main gate as she knows Chaeyeon is in a rush. Chaeyeon murmurs Thanks as she jumps down from the car and runs into. She immediately asks the recception where Minju's room is and she runs up to there.

" Minju-ah."

She opens the door but there is no one inside. Chaeyeon sighs and she slowly closes the door. Where is she? Was something bad happened to her? Chaeyeon bites her lip and she starts looking around to look for Minju.

" Are you scared? Don't be."

Chaeyeon stops her steps when she hears a familiar voice around the corner. She slowly walks to there and peeks to see Minju and a kid sitting on the bench. Minju is holding her drip stand in her hand as the infusion has been given to her. The kid is also with hospital pajama and it seems they became friends here.

" Tomorrow, noona is going to undergo operation too."

" Really? Will it be painful?"

" No, it is not. They will make you fall asleep first before they make operation."

Chaeyoung covers so that she will not make any sound. Tears are already falling on her face as she feels really sorry for Minju. The girl is more thinner and paler than the last time they met. It seems she will be thrown in the air even the wind blows hard. She looks like a leaf hanging loosely on the branch.

" Don't you scared when they open your chest with a knife? "

The kid asks and Minju caresses his hair gently. She smiles at him and shakes her head.

" No, I'm not. I have given my heart to someone and that person broke it already. Nothing will be more painful than that."

The kid seems he doesn't understand her. At that time, his mother appears and he runs to her after he said bye to Minju. Minju waves at him and she is still sitting there with a smile. Then she tries to stand up but she feels dizzy and her body becomes shaken.

" Minju-ah."

Chaeyeon runs to her and holds her in her arms. Minju is surprised to see her and Chaeyeon feels nervous all of a sudden,

" Chaeyeon-ah."

Chaeyeon helps Minju to sit down again and she joins the seat beside her. They sit there quietly and finally, Minju asks.

" How do you know I am here? "

" My sister is a doctor here. She saw you and she asked me about your operation tomorrow."

" Oh, I got it. I was planning to pass it without telling you. I don't want you to feel guilty or to feel sorry for me because of my condition."

" Minju-ah, it's not like this. You are misunderstanding. Please listen to me first."

Chaeyeon stands up and she sits on her kneel in front of Minju. She holds Minju's hand and her heart becomes hurt when she notices  many needle pricks on her small hand. 

" I ran to you not because you are in the hospital. I chose you from the start. I don't know who told you about that stupid bet but I didn't date you because of that bet. I dated you because I wanted to. I really like you, Kim Minju."

She looks up and Minju looks at her. Her lips are a little shaking as tears start to form in her eyes. Chaeyeon feels really bad now.

" I'm sorry. I know I'm a jerk but please give me second chance."

" Chaeyeon-ah, we don't know what will happen to me. I mean I can die on the table tomorrow."

" Shhhhh."

Chaeyeon puts her finger on Minju's lips and she stops the girl.

" I can't let you go. You will be fine."

" But it will be unfair for you."

Chaeyeon smiles while her hand is busy removing the strands of hair on Minju's angelic face. She tucks the hair behind her ear and smiles at the girl.

" You are so beautiful."

" I know I am not. That disease makes me uglier than ever."

" But for me, you are the fairest girl in this world."

Chaeyeon whispers and she closes the distance between them. It is only a touch down kiss for a few seconds as she doesn't want the girl to be breathless and get dyspnoeic. She smiles at Minju who is now lowering her head and hiding her face.

" Thank you, Minju-ah."

" Hmm? "

" For the second chance."

Minju doesn't reply but Chaeyeon really doesn't need one, too. Now, their hearts are beating as one and that's all she needs at that moment.