Chapter 17

The Pleiades

Seulgi is in her dance studio waiting for the client she had made an appointment. Today she has done with her class with Irene so she is free and she accepts the new one. She is stretching her body and takes some basic moves as a warm up. At that time, the door is opened and Seulgi sees Irene enters the studio.

She smiles and turns around to greet the actress.

" Unnie, what are you doing here? You have done with your basic lessons."

" Yeah, I have free schedule today so I decided to give a visit to you."

Seulgi smiles as she feels warmth in her heart. She was afraid that Irene will be playing with her heart so she decided to take a distance from her. But it seems she is really into Seulgi.

" Ok, you can stay but I have an important appointment. Can you please wait for me? "

" Sure."

Irene answers. She then sits at the corner of the room and watching Seulgi continues her stretching out section. is opened in an O shape as the dancer accidently shows her perfect abs sometimes. Seulgi notices that Irene is checking her out from the corner of her eyes and she is laughing in her mind.

Bae Irene is not like the person everyone is mentioning. She is cute, childish and clingy sometimes. This side of hers is so lovely and attractive. Her thoughts are cut when the door is opened and someone comes in. She walks to her and hugs her tight making Irene stands up in anger. What is that woman doing?

" Seulgi-ah."

" Sunmi unnie, Anneyeong~"

Seulgi hugs her back and it makes Irene frowns. Huh, now my Seulgi is on her side too. But Seulgi doesn't aware of Irene and she puts her arm still on Sunmi's waist as she takes her to sit on the couch.

" Come unnie. It's been a long time since we last met."

" Yeah. I'm missing you to death."

But it seems you are still breathing, you nine-tailed fox. Irene is thinking. 

" So, what are you planning to do? "

" I'm making a concert in Korea and Japan so I want to take you as my main dance partner."

" Wow, that's a big deal."

Seulgi raises her eyebrows. Irene furrows her eyebrows as she is afraid of the dancer girl saying yes to Sunmi. She doesn't want Seulgi to go to foreign with that woman.

" We are partners since our debut days. C'm on, Seulgi-ah. Just say yes."

Sunmi is using her ageyo and Irene feels disgusting. But Seulgi seems she is enjoying the moment. Her face looks like a  full moon with bright smile and she is scratching her head like an innocent kid. Huh, Kang Seulgi can act like an innocence? That's funny. She always plays cool in front of me. Irene crosses her arms.

" Please. Please. Please."

" Arasso."

" Yayyyyyyy. Thank you."

Sunmi said as she once again hugs Seulgi. Seulgi is laughing and she pads her back a few times. Sunmi removes herself from Seulgi.

" Ok, when will we start the practice? "

" We can start since this evening. I will rearrange my schedules."

" Oh, you are so sweet, baby. Thank you."

Sunmi and Seulgi stands up. They are talking about their meeting times and Seulgi walks together with Sunmi to the door. Sunmi even gives a peck on her cheek before she goes out. This is too much cross-line for Irene.

Seulgi walks back to her after she has closed the door. Irene is still pouting.

" So, you are going with her? "

" Yeah, I was her main dance partner since her debut days. Of course, I will go with her."

" Yah! Kang Seulgi."

" What's wrong? "

Irene shouts suddenly so Seulgi widens her eyes. Irene seems she is too furious. What is happening to her? 

" Hey, what's wrong? "

" Are you really going with that fox? "

" Umm, who's fox? "

" That woman."

" Ahh, haha, don't be childish. She is my old friend and of course, I'm going."

" Don't go."

" What? "

" Don't go. I don't like."

" Please, Bae Irene-sshi."

Seulgi becomes angry too. She puts her arms on her waist and said.

" We are nothing. You can't tell me what to do and what not to do. I can make my own decisions."

" We are nothing? "

" Yes, we are. We are nothing."

" Fine. We are nothing. Fine. Fineeee! "

Irene is angry with Seulgi too much and she storms out of the room. Seulgi arches her eyebrows, watching Irene's back. Aish, this unnie really wants to be the dominant one. But I can't let her. She will be spoilt.

Seulgi sighs. Well, she wants to be something with Bae Irene, too but she needs to understand that they have their own responsibilities. They can't be childish. Irene needs to learn that.

Ok, I will let her angry for a few days. I will make up with her after the concert. That is. Please wait for me, unnie. Seulgi decides and she stands up, resuming her stretching exercise again.

 

 

 

xxx                           xxx                              xxx

 

 

 

" Oh, you can come. What a relief. I thought your mother will not let you go out."

" She can't keep me in the house forever."

Hyewon and Eunbi are at KFC where they are meeting with their friends. They agree to come early as they want their alone time. Hyewon is sitting beside Eunbi and holding her hand while talking.

" Hyewon-ah, I have something to tell you."

" What is it? "

" It is a secret so you can't tell it to anyone."

" Ok."

Eunbi nods and she tells the younger girl about her life story. Hyewon is listening with an open mouth the whole time and she nods.

" So, you are the sister of Bae Irene? Wow, that's great."

Eunbi is looking at Hyewon with love filled eyes while drinking her cola. Hyewon jumps in joy.

" You are super rich as you sisters are super awesome. So, we can marry, right? "

Eunbi is nearly to choke on the drink when she hears the word "marry'. She slaps her girlfriend's arm lightly.

" Yah, who said I will marry you? "

" What? You are not marrying me? "

Hyewon widens her eyes and she asks loudly. Eunbi is trying not to laugh out loud to her cute girlfriend.

" Yes, only the most stupid person on the earth will marry you."

" Yah, Kwon Eunbi. You took my first kiss. You have the responsibility."

" No."

" Yah~~~"

" What is happening here? We can die from diabetes as you two are  too sweet."

Yena said as she enters the shop with her Yuri. Minju, Chaeyeon and Sakura are also following them. It seems they are coming together with Yena's car. Hyewon smirks as she puts her arm on Eunbi's shoulder.

" Wae? I can do lovey dovey things as I like with my girl."

" Yah~"

" Just ignore them."

" Geez. just keep your hands for private. Let's go take food."

Yena said and all their friends go to the counter to order the food. Minju is checking the menu together with Chaeyeon and they decide to take burger.

" Two beef burgers with cola, please."

" No, no. Chaeyeon doesn't like beef. Make it with chicken."

Sakura's quickly corrects making Minju sad. Yuri and Yena looks at each other as they feel awkward by the situation. Chaeyeon laughs as she tries to reduce the tension.

" No, I will eat as my girlfriend wants. Right, Minju-ah? "

" Imm."

Minju nods as she tries to smile too. Sakura rolls her eyes.

" I was just giving a tip. You should tell your girl what you like or what you dislike. It will be better for both of you."

She said and walks away from them. Chaeyeon is scratching her head while Minju is pretending to be busy with Yuri. Yena leans towards Chaeyeon and she whispers, " You should do something about it."

Chaeyeon is waiting for the right moment and she follows when Sakura stands up and goes to the toilet. She follows her and waits in front of the toilet. Sakura comes out after a few minutes and Chaeyeon pulls her by her arm, throws her back into the toilet.

" What do you want? "

" What? "

" Why are you doing like this? I thought we have done talking about it. You said you don't want to hurt this innocent girl."

" Yes, I did. I was just telling her what you like as your friend. But if you want me to tell her what you like in kissing or something else, I am willing to help her as your ex."

" Saku-Chan, please. What do you want? "

" I just want you."

Sakura said as she tries to hug Chaeyeon. But the taller girl pushes her back.

" No, Saku-Chan, we can't do like this. I have promised her that I will not hurt her. Sakura, we can't."

Sakura laughs. She stares at Chaeyeon but the later avoids the eye contact with her.

" Wae, Jjaeyeon. Look at me. Look me in the eyes and say that again. Say you don't love me."

" Enough. I'm going back. Minju will be waiting for me."

Chaeyeon said and she walks away from Sakura. Sakura grabs her hand and stops her.

" Don't do like this. Think carefully. I'm not giving up on you."

" Saku-Chan, I-"

Chaeyeon turns around and she is about to say something but she just sighs and shakes her head. She removes her hand from Sakura and walks away. Sakura sits down as she doesn't have any strength left to stand and she starts to cry.

" Sakura, are you ok? "

At that time, Yena who is following them as it will be bad if they are missing for too long alone, enters the toilet and sits beside Sakura. 

" Don't cry, Sakura."

" Yena-ah, why she has changed? Why she has someone else? Why she is not waiting for me? "

Yena feels bad for the Japanese girl.

" It's all our fault. We thought you never came so we made that stupid bet."

Yena blurs out and Sakura wipes her tears.

" What bet? "

" Don't blame on Chaeyeon. It's only our fault. We didn't want to see her in disaster so we made a bet with her. And she ended up with Minju due to that stupid bet. We are sorry, Sakura."

Sakura is surprised to hear the truth from Yena but she acts like she doesn't care.

" It's fine, Yena-ah. I am just a little hurt. All I want is her happpiness."

" I know I know. Now, stand up." 

Yena helps her to stand up again. Sakura forces a smile and Yena sighs as she feels bad for her. Sakura and Yena come back to their table as if nothing has happened. Sakura is watching Chaeyeon and MInju and she is thinking something else.

If I can't get you, no one will get you, too, Jjaeyeon. That's my love for you.

 

 

 

xxx                      xxx                         xxx

 

 

 

* door bell ringing *

Mina finishes the final touch of her make-up when she hears the doorbell. She looks at her image in the mirror and she thinks it is perfect. Ok, Mina, you can do it. She encourages herself and comes down from the upstairs to get the door.

" Hi."

" Hello, Minho-sshi."

She opens the door wide and the man enters the house. He looks around and smiles.

" It is really big for you to stay alone here."

" Yeah, sometimes, it feels really lonely."

" Here, for you."

" Oh, thank you."

Mina accepts the bouquet and wine bottle he gives. He sits in the living room as Mina is preparing the table for both of them. After she has finished with the table, she takes him to the dinning room which is decorated only with candles. It's so romantic, he thinks.

" Wow, you made all of these? "

" You still haven't take a taste. Try some."

" Ok."

While Mina is pouring the wine for both of them, Minho takes a bite of the food.

" It's very delicious. I feel shameful to take you to that stupid restaurant last time. You are the best chef ever."

" I'm not that good."

Mina answers with a shy smile while the man is enjoying the taste of his wine. They keep talking about random things and the dinner ends well. They decide to continue drinking till the bottle off. The man seems he is a little drunken.

" Mina-sshi, do you have someone in Japan? "

" No, I was focus on my studies and my family matters only so I didn't have time to date. What about you? "

" I was waiting for someone who is as great as I am. I mean it is not easy to lead a company, right? I want someone who has a great leadership as I am."

" So, have you found? "

" I think I have."

He said with a smirk. He is shaking the wine in his glass while staring at Mina. The girl becomes uneasy under his stare but he doesn't care. He stands up as he finishes his drink in one shot. Mina becomes scared but she tries her best to stay calm.

" I am thinking these days that what if we can combine our companies, it will be great. Right? "

" Ye- yeah."

He stands right in front of her. He slowly caresses her jawline and pulls up her face by her chin. His eyes become dark and Mina just stares back at him. Chaeng, give me some strength. I think I can't do it.

" You are so beautiful, Mina Myoui."

He whispers and she slowly stands up. His smile becomes a smirk now as his hands are busy with caressing her arms. Mina's body is a little shaking due to the cold touch from his fingers.

" I want you, Mina Myoui."

He leans closer to her ears and whispers. Mina tries to think about Chaeyoung so that she will forget it is Choi Minho who is. Touching her. She tries to fill her head with the thoughts of the Lawyer girl so that she will not push him away.

He is about to kiss her earlobe when the doorbell rings again. But he doesn't stop and continue what he is doing. The doorbell does't stop and Mina pushes him away gently.

" Let me check the door first."

" Ok."

He seems to be angry but he doesn't dare to force Mina. Mina fixes her dress and she walks to the door and opens it.

" Huh? "

" Minari, are you ok? Why didn't you pick up my call? "

Chaeyoung looks like she is too much worried for the girl. Mina is surprised to see her at the door at this hour and she doesn't find any word to answer. At that time, Choi Minho follows Mina and he is surprised too when he sees Chaeyoung at the door.

" Oh, your lawyer is here. Do you have any business to do? "

" No, we are-"

" Yes, we have a very important matter to discuss."

Chaeyoung quickly said and Mina furrrows her eyebrows. Choi Minho smirks.

" Alright, then Mina-sshi, I'm going. We will contiue our business later."

" I'm really sorry, Minho-sshi."

" It's fine. But you should make things clear with your lawyer first."

He said and walks out from the door, leaving the two girls alone. Chaeyoung is staring at Mina and she finally gets what the girl is doing.

" Minari, what are you doing with that man in your house? Isn't he your enemy? "

" Son Chaeyoung-sshi, who are you to talk to me like this? "

" What?! "

Chaeyoung is taken a back by her words.

" But Mina, we are- I thought-"

" I don't care what you are thinking but you have just ruined my date."

" Your date? "

Chaeyoung looks at Mina's dress, the messy hair and the smell of wine. She shakes her head in disbelief.

" What are you trying to do? Don't be stupid, Minari. We can work things out together."

" I dont know what you are thinking but there is no 'we', Chaeyoung-sshi. I like Choi Minho. You know, hate can turn into love. And I am dating him now. I'm sorry if I have done anything that willl make you having wrong thoughts. But they are all your imaginations. I have no feelings for you. We are just a client and lawyer. Please know your position."

" Are you sure? "

Chaeyoung's eyes become red, Mina can see it. She turns to the other side and nods. Stay strong, Mina. 

" Yes, I am."

" Look at me and answer!!! "

Chaeyoung pulls her by her arms and shakes her body, shouting. Mina can't stop tears falling down on her cheeks but she doesn't care anymore. It is hurting like hell but she is doing it. She stares into the shorter girl's eyes. The brown orbs are not filled with warmth as usual, they are replaced by hurt and pain. It's really heartbreaking to see them but Mina gulps.

" I have no feeling for you, Lawyer Son. Please stay out of my life."

Chaeyoung removes her hands on Mina. She lifelessly stands back for two steps. And she nods.

" I understand. Sorry for bothering you."

And she turns around to hide her tears. But Mina can still hear her sobbing. The shorter girl walks out of the house and Mina closes the door quickly as she can't hold herself anymore. She covers as she falls on the ground while leaning on the door.

Tears are still falling from her eyes and she is crying hard. She doesn't want to say like that. All she wanted to do is run to Chaeyoung, hug her and tell her how much she loves her but in reality, she can't do it. She has to do what she needs to do for her family.

If Chaeyoung is around, she will not able to find a chance to find evidence with Choi Minho. Plus we all know that Choi Minho owns a gang. What if he tries to hurt Chaeyoung. She can't take the risk. She needs to keep her away from all of this.

Chaeyoung is still in her car in front of the house. She doesn't understand a thing. Yesterday, they were ok but today, Mina is saying her that she is in love with Choi Minho. What is this? What is all of this? 

She is staring at the house while crying silently. She thinks Mina is thinking the same as her but it seems she has been daydreaming by herself all the time. Everything they had seemed to be real to her but Mina is saying that she is only one-sided all the time.

Wae, Mina? Why? 

" Aish."

She covers her face in her palms, and breathing heavily, trying to calm down herself. I'm Son Chaeyoung. Wake up, Chaeyoung. If this is what she really wants, let's give her. 

She raises her head again, her eyes are cracked in red, her face is ruined with tears. But she tries to smile. Ok, Minari. I will give what you want. If it is really your happiness, I will wish for you. For me, love is letting your lover find her happiness. I will stay away from you from now on.

She decides and looks at the house for the last time. Goodbye, Minari. And she drives away.

 

 

xxx                          xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

 

Chorong and Bomi is living at Bomi's place and they are enjoying their first weekend living together. Last night, they slept a little late as Bomi wanted to finish the series they were watching till the end. 

" Bbom-ah, move a little. I need to get up."

Chorong whispers as Bomi is hugging her tight in her arms. Bomi shakes her head but she is still closing her eyes.

" C'm on. Aren't you hungry? "

" Give me a kiss and I will let you go."

Bomi whispers and Chorong laughs at her silliness. She gives a quick peck on Bomi's nose tip and Bomi grins. She tightens her hug even more and whispers, " It feels so good to wake up with you. You should come and live with me."

" What about Jeongyeon? I can't leave her alone."

" Umm, I thought the girl named Nayeon is her girlfriend."

" No, she is not."

" What a dumb sister you have! That girl is nice and lovely."

" That's my point, too. But she is too dumb like a stone. Now, let me go so that I can make our breakfast."

" Alright."

Bomi watches as Chorong gets up from the bed. She is wearing a big white shirt only that reaches to her mid-thigh which Bomi finds somehow y. Ahh, I am too lucky to have her. She thinks they look like a married couple, hahaha. Bomi shakes her head as she finds it funny for her own daydream and she decides to get up too.

After she has done with her morning works, she follows Chorong in the kitchen. The older girl seems she is busy with fried eggs. Bomi smiles and walks to her, giving a backhug. Chorong smiles as Bomi puts her chin on her shoulder. She turns her head to a side and Bomi gives her a quick peck on her lips.

" Go sit now. Breakfast is ready."

" Okay."

Chorong likes the way Bomi is obedient to her. That girl is sweet, lovely and a nice person to date. Plus she is understanding. They finish their breakfast and Bomi volunteers to wash the dishes. Chorong waits for her in the living room while watching a random movie and Bomi joins her after that.

Chorong runs into her embrace and leans comfortably on her shoulder as they enjoy their Sunday. At that time, the door bell rings suddenly. 

" Huh? Who is at the door on Sunday? " 

" I'll open it for you."

Since Chorong is sitting on Bomi, she jumps down from the younger girl and walks to the door to open.

" Anneyo-"

She stops in the middle when she sees the enemy of her life at the door. Choi Minho is standing at the door with his straight face. What is he doing here? Chorong is surprised and she can't say a word.

" Oh, oppa. What are you doing here? "

Bomi follows Chorong and she greets her brother as she opens the door for him. He smiles at her  and gives her a big hug as he enters the house.

" Do you remember that Appa will be discharged from the hospital today."

" Ah, I forgot. Sorry, oppa."

Bomi is laughing as she is rubbing her neck nervously. Choi Minho smirks as he is looking at Chorong.

" Yeah, I know the reason so thank you."

" Oppa~ Ah, by the way, let me introduce you with my girlfriend. Unnie, please come here."

Bomi pulls Chorong to Choi Minho. 

" This is my brother, Choi Minho. And yes, as you know, he is the CEO of our company. I'm sorry, unnie. I should have told her earlier that I am the daughter of the company owner. I didn't want you to be panic so I took it as a secret, sorry."

Bomi is the daughter of the company owner? It means- It means she is the daughter of our enemy? She is the sister of the murderer? No way.

" Oppa, this is Park Chorong. She is the newest teammate of my department. And she is also my girlfriend."

" I have heard about her a lot. She is the one who could successfully take Bae Irene, right? You have a great taste, babysis. She is not only talented but also beautiful."

He said and Bomi is grinning widely. Chorong is feeling like her world has spinned around in an alternate way. Her brain gets messy and she doesn't know what to do at that moment.

She is watching Bomi and her brother talking. She is praying that it will only be a dream but it seems her prayer is in vein. Choi Minho finally leaves and Chorong can't even say proper goodbye. How she can smile at their enemy like nothing happened? But the siblings think that it is because Chorong is still in shock.

" Unnie, I'm really sorry. Are you mad at me? "

Chorong is standing in the middle of the living room. Bomi walks into there after she has closed the door back and she asks. Then she pulls Chorong into a hug.

" I am sorry. But I don't want people to think that I became the manager because I am the daughter of the owner. I just want people to judge me by my talent only."

She explains but they do not matter for Chorong. The only thing that matters is that she is the daughter of Choi Jinho. And her brother, Choi Minho is the killer of their father.

" Unnie, please make it secret at work, okay? "

" Bbom-ah."

Chorong pushes the younger girl away. Bomi is looking at her with a smile, waiting for her to continue. 

" Do you remember that I have something to tell you when it is the right time? "

" Yes, I do."

Chorong nods.

" I think it is the time. We need to talk, Yoon Bomi."

She doesn't know why but Bomi feels like something is wrong with Chorong's tone. And her chest becomes heavy for no reason. What is it?