Chapter 16

The Pleiades

* door bell ringing *

Nayeon looks at Chorong's room but the older girl seems she is not done with her shower. The door bell rings again and Nayeon decides to take the door by herself. She stands up from the couch and opens the door, and there is a stranger at the door, smiling widely at her.

" Who do you want to meet? "

" Hello, I'm here for Park Chorong."

" Chorong unnie? Can I know who you are? "

" Yes, I'm her girlfriend, Yoon Bomi, I am here to take her out."

Nayeon checks the paper on that she wrote down Bomi's name as she is afraid to forget the name. 

" Ok, I will open the door for you."

She opens the door and lets Bomi sits on the couch. Bomi is nervously looking around the house while Nayeon enter the kitchen to bring some drink for Bomi. She comes out with a glass of orange juice and she puts it in front of Bomi. Bomi whispers thank you and she tries to make the conversation with the girl.

" So, you are Rong unnie's sister? "

" No, I'm not. I'm a visitor here."

She then leans closer to Bomi and whispers.

" I am a tourist. Unfortunately, I became an important witness of the case that Chorong unnie's sister is taking care of. So, she keeps me safe here."

" Awww, Nae."

Bomi nods and she takes a sip of the juice the girl has brought for her. At that time, Chorong comes out from her room.

" Nayeon-ah, the water pump is broken. Try Jeongyeon's bathroom when you shower."

" Nae, unnie."

" Omo, you are early, Bbom-ah."

" Nae." 

Chorong is shy as she has to bring her girlfriend to her house, but luckily, there is no Jeongyeon at home in daytimes so she has to only care about Nayeon.

" Nayeon-ah, unnie will go sleep over at Bomi's place for the weekends. Just lock the door and don't open it for anyone. I will call Jeongyeon and tell her to come back home early."

" Nae, unnie. Don't worry. I can handle it."

" Ok, baby sis."

Chorong said with a smile. Well, she really likes this girl, Nayeon. She is a good kid with good manners and good heart. She doesn't mind if she ends up with her sister. But it seems Jeongyeon has no feeling for the girl. What a pity for my Forever Alone sister! Chorong thinks.

" Let's go, Bbom-ah."

Chorong is finished with her things and she comes out with her bag. And they leave the house, hand in hand. Nayeon closes the door again and she shoves her shoulder. It seems all the sisters are happy with their own relationships, except for that Pabo. Hump! 

She watches the drama for a few more hours and she decides to take the shower. She enters her room and tries the bathroom but the water pump is really broken. Ah, Chorong unnie told to use Jeongyeon's bathroom. She remembers and takes her towel to shower in Jeongyeon's bathroom.

It is still too early for Jeongyeon to come back so she does't mind to lock the room. She is even singing random songs while taking a nice long shower.

At that time, Jeongyeon receives the call from Chorong that Nayeon is left alone at home so she decides to come back home early tonight. She finishes her work quickly and drives back home. It will be only the two of them left in the house. What is she doing? Haha, may be that bunny girl is crying over her drama again.

Jeongyeon thinks and she opens the door but there is no Nayeon in the living room. She raises her eyebrows and thinks like the bunny is in her room, reading like she used to. Ok, I will take a shower first, and then, go and play with her. She decides and enters the bathroom.

Jeongyeon removes her jacket, and then she removes her shirt.

" Aish. It's tiring."

She s her pant and opens the bathroom door to jump into the shower. But to her horror, she saw something white, soaked wet, standing in her bathroom. She is staring at that thing with wide eyes with hanging open mouth. That thing also notices someone's presence so she turns around.

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

" Get out. Get out. Get out. You ert."

Nayeon shouts as she throws water to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon is awake from her shock and she runs out of the shower and turns around while wearing again her shirt. Nayeon is turning red from head to toe as she is wrapping herself with the towel and she come out of the shower.

" Yah! Don't you hear the showering? "

" How will I notice? I never knows that you are showering in my room."

" Because your water pump is broken, you ert."

" I'm not ert!!! "

" ert. ert."

" Geez, if I'm a ert, I won't watch someone as flat as you."

" What! "

Nayeon widens her eye. Jeongyeon is laughing as she has something to tease the girl.

" There is nothing to see in you, kid."

" Yah!!!  Haven't you ever heard that flat is y? "

" Flat is y for models, not for a short person like you. Mwahahahahaha."

" I hate you. I hate you."

Nayeon slaps her arm hard and she leaves the room in anger. Jeongyeon is still laughing but her face suddenly changes to a tomato as soon as Nayeon leaves.

" OMG! What has just happened? "

She closes her eyes and remembers the milky skin of the bunny. Stop it now, Jeongbyun. It is dangerous. And she enters the shower to clear her mind. When she comes out from her room, she finds Nayeon sitting on the couch and watching TV. She nervously rubs her nose and sits beside the Nayeon.

" Yah, Im Nayeon."

" What? "

" Are you mad? I am sorry."

" I am not mad, Pabo."

" Good."

They lost their words again. Jeongyeon nervously plays with the rim of her shirt while Nayeon suddenly slaps on her thigh.

" Yah, I'm tired. Be my chair."

" Umm? "

Nayeon said nothing but she moves closer to Jeongyeon and she enters into taller girl's embrace, leans comfortably on her shoulder.

" Ahh, it's too comfortable. Sit still."

" Arasso."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon smiles with her usual smirk. Jeongyeon is trying her best not to show any emotion but she is afraid that Nayeon will notice her noisy heartbeat. She knows that this weekend will be too long.

Aish, this woman, why you have to be too lovely?

 

 

xxx                          xxx                               xxx

 

 

 

" Eunji-ah, where are you? "

" Aww, Naeunnie, I'm coming down. Please wait."

Eunji said and she hangs up her phone. She jumps down the stairs by two steps per time as she doesn't want the girl to be waiting for her too long. She waves at Naeun happily and runs to her. Naeun is looking at Eunji who is wearing her duty coat and the stethoscope she gave on her shoulder with a huge smile on her face.

" Naeunnie, why you came? "

" I have made some lunch for you."

" Awww, gomowo."

They enter the cafeteria and take table. Naeun takes out the lunchbox she has made and she opens it for Eunji. The doctor girl's face lights up when she sees the heart shaped rice in the box. Naeun shyly defends herself.

" The heart shaped is the easiest thing to make so-"

" I love it. Hehehe. Oh, it's so delicious."

Eunji digs in happily and Naeun is looking at her with much love in her eyes. Eunji notices that Naeun is staring at her and she takes a bite of the food and gives it to Naeun.

" Wanna eat? "

" Nae."

Naeun opens and Eunji feeds her. Then they are both smiling nervously and trying to avoid the eye contact with each other. At that time, Eunji's alarm rings and they hear the announcement.

" Dr.Jung Eunji. Please come to Emergency immediately. Dr.Jung Eunji. Please come to Emergency immediately."

" I think I need to go. Wait for me in the garden."

" Arasso. Go."

Eunji smiles and she runs to emergency. There is a man lying on the bed while pressing his chest.

" What is it? "

" 64 years old male, he has previous history of old . Today he felt sudden onset of chest pain and sent to emergency. Now, his vital signs are stable but his pain becomes worse."

" Where is ECG? "

Eunji checks the ECG and she finds that the man is suffering acute myocardial infarction. It's emergency and she shouts.

" Give him, Streptokinase injection and Oral Aspilet 4 stat. And inform to cardiac unit as quickly as possible."

" Okay."

And she has been busy for about an hour to save this man. Before she can transfer him to the Cardiac unit, a man in his 30-40 runs into the emergency.

" Where is Appa? "

" Calm down, please. He is suffering from Acute Myocardiac Infaction. We gave him his emergency treatment and now he is transferring to cardiac unit."

" Thank you, Dr."

He extends his hand to hand shake with Eunji. Eunji smiles and takes his hand but her face is darken when she sees the Omega tattoo on his forearm. That- That is-

But the man walks away from her as he has to follow his father. Eunji quickly checks the patient's chart and she is nearly to fall on the ground when she sees the patient's name. Choi Jinho. The man who caused their father to be murdered. The father of the man who shot their father. She just saved their enemy.

" Eunji? Are you ok? "

Naeun who is waiting for Eunji in the garden stands up in worries when she sees Eunji walking like a zombie to her. 

" Wae? "

But Eunji pulls her into a hug and she is hiding herself in Naeun's shoulder. Naeun is surprised but it turns into more worries when Eunji starts sobbing.

" What's wrong, honey? "

" Naeunnie, I just saved the enemy of my family. I- I- I hate him so much but I did what I have to do. But I feel regret. I-"

" Arasso. Arasso. Stop talking. It's fine."

Naeun tries to comfort the doctor who is now crying hard. Naeun tightens her grip on the older girl.

" You did what a doctor should do. Your father will be proud of you."

She whispers.

 

 

 

xxx                            xxx                                xxx

 

 

 

Eunbi is working at her new job at the noodle shop. She has quited from TT bar and she is lucky enough to find a new job easily. It is not well paid like the bar job but it makes Hyewon relieved so Eunbi just choses it.

The shop is almost empty since it is 9PM at night and she is cleaning the floor. At that time, the door is opened and there is four girls entering the shop. Eunbi smiles and greets them.

" Hello, welcome to our shop. Please have a seat."

She said as she cleans a table for them. Eunbi feels a little weird as they are staring at her like she is a suspect or something. They never sit but one of the girls moves a step closer to her.

" Are you Kwon Eunbi? "

" Nae? "

Eunbi is surprised as they know her. How? She looks at them carefully as she wonders they have met somewhere before. But no memory comes out with them.

" Do I know you? "

Eunbi asks uncertainly. The seemed-to-be-oldest girl is now with teary eyes as she takes another step to her. What is she doing?

" Eunbi-ah, why you are so small and so thin? I feel bad for you. I'm so so so sorry."

Umm? What is she talking about? But before Eunbi can say anything, she pulls Eunbi into a hug.

" It's us, baby. It's us. We are coming for you."

Eunbi widens her eyes. Are they-

" Chorong unnie? "

She whispers and the older girl is now crying hard. Eunbi looks at the other girls.

" Eunji unnie. Jeongyeonie. Minari. Omo."

She covers as she starts to cry. The sisters run to her and hugs her tight as they feel really bad for the girl. Eunbi starts to talk while sobbing.

" Unnie, Joohyun unnie, she is dead. She was hit by a car. At that time, Chaeyeon, me and Joohyun unnie were together. Chaeyeon ran to the other side of the road all of a sudden and I followed. I didn't see that a car was coming but Joohyun unnie saved me. She pushed me to the side and she was hit by the car."

Eunbi is put in the middle of them as they are surrounding her and hugging her. But she can't stop her sobbing as she continues her story.

" I fell on the road and covered with unnie's blood. I was shocked. And I didn't know what to do. They took Joohyun unnie's body with their car and I was left there. When I came back to my senses, I realized that I had lost Chaeyeon as well. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, unnie."

She is begging non-stop which makes everyone heart-broken. Chorong hugs her again and pads her back.

" Stop crying, baby. We are here. We found you."

Eunbi is sobbing lightly. They let her to go and take her things and take her to the car. Jeongyeon is driving and Eunji at the passenger seat, while Mina and Chorong are sitting at the back with Eunbi between them. They tell her about their parts of the stories and having their own moments. But Eunbi is wondering where they are taking her. 

They end up in front of a mansion and Eunbi has no idea where it is. They take her inside and Eunbi is surprised to see huge photos of Bae Irene on the walls. 

" Where are we? "

She asks but the sisters do not answer. At that time, someone walks down from the upstairs and Eunbi finds that it is Bae Irene. Irene walks to her and she is staring at Eunbi which makes Eunbi uncomfortable.

" Wae unnies? Why we are at Bae Irene's house? "

" Eunbi-ah, don't you remember me? "

Irene asks with a crack voice. Eunbi is surprised while Irene grabs her hand.

" I am sorry. Unnie failed you. I lost both you and Chaeyeon. I am the worst sister on the earth."

Irene said as tears start falling down her face. Eunbi understands what she is trying to say and she calls the actress with a small voice.

" Joohyun unnie? "

" Eunbi-ah, mianhae. All are my faults."

" Omo, unnie. I thought you were dead. You were covered with blood at that time and your body didn't move. I thought you were dead."

" I was lucky. I am so so so sorry, baby."

Irene hugs Eunbi and she is saying sorry non-stop. Eunbi hugs her back and she cries too as she feels happy as well as sad at the same time. The sisters join the hug and the six girls end up in a group hug.

They sit in the living room after they have successfully control their emotions. Chorong and Irene are looking at each other and shake their head as they know Eunbi is having a hard life.

" So, where are you living, Eunbi? "

" I rented a small place."

" You should come and live here with me. This place is too big for me to live alone."

" But unnie, I- "

" You should listen to Joohyun, Eunbi-ah."

Eunbi looks at Chorong who agrees with Irene. The two eldests siting on the couch while Eunji and Jeongyeon are sitting on the floor nearby the window. Eunbi is sitting on the floor too in front of the elders. Mina who is lying on Eunbi's lap nods in agreement.

" Yes, I can take Eunbi unnie with me too but I have some plans for the revenge. It is the best for you to live with Joohyun unnie."

" But- "

" Baby, we know it is difficult for you to live in a new life but we know what is the best for you. And you should continue your study too. I will make plans later."

The sisters said and all she can do is nodding her head. Jeongyeon who is leaning her head on the glass said.

" Actually, I am investigating Appa's case once again. And I have access to look for Chaeyeon. I found that she was adopted by a family 10 years ago but the family wanted to make it a secret. I will find a way to locate them in my own ways."

" So, she is living well? What a relief."

Eunbi said. Irene pads her head lightly as she feels sorry for Eunbi who is having a hard life yet she is still worried for the Maknae.

" We willl find her. We will find her and we all will be together again. Then we will ask justice for Appa."

Jeongyeon said and everyone agrees. They all know that their goal is getting closer. Life has always its turning points. And now, it will be their turn.

 

 

 

xxx                             xxx                               xxx

 

 

 

" You have to sign here, here, and here."

Chaeyoung points on the paper and Mina just signs on the places she shows. They are now in Busan again and Mina is buying their old house back which is closed as Government property. Today is the final signing day and they can have the building back at the end.

After the signing event, the two decide to take a walk and they walk along the beach. Luckily, today is cloudy and the heat is not that much so they can enjoy their walk. The breeze scrubs their skins with its salty touch and they can smell the fresh air mixed with ocean taste.

" I want to live here. This place is really beautiful."

Mina said and Chaeyoung looks up her. The gorgeous girl is staring at her too and they both smile, enjoying the comfort atmosphere between them. It will be nice if I can stop the time and keep this moment forever. Mina thinks bitterly.

" So what will you do with this old house of yours."

" I will rebuild it and open an orphan house. I believe Appa and the sisters will agree with me, too."

" Nice idea. I love it." 

Chaeyoung comments. Mina nods as she continue walking. Chaeyoung is looking at her back. Why it feels like Mina is really walking out of her life. Well, she can't even say that. Mina is not even in her life. She is the only one who is dreaming about this girl everyday.

" Chaeyoungie, what are you doing? Are you not coming? It is going to rain."

" Umm? Where rain? "

Chaeyoung asks. MIna smirks as she walks back to the shorter girl. She looks up the sky and takes out her hands, pretending like they are touching with water.

" See, it's raining."

Chaeyoung gets the joke Mina is playing and she covers her head with her own palms.

" Omo, we are about to get soaked. Come, I have my umbrella."

Chaeyoung pretends to take out an invisible umbrella from her pocket and she acts like she opens it, making Mina laughs. But she keeps her serious face as she is stilll holding her invisible umbrella.

" Come under the umbrella or you will get wet."

Mina shakes her head and she moves closer to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung tries to hug her by the shoulder, whispering

" The umbrella is too small for both of us. Come closer."

Mina wants to tease that short girl all of a sudden. She pretends like she takes the invisible umbrella from Chaeyoung and said.

" Since I am the taller one, I should hold the umbrella. Come closer."

" Yah~ You are so mean."

Chaeyoung pouts and she tries to move away but Mina pulls her back.

" It's still raining. Where are you going? "

Mina laughs and she pulls the younger girl by her waist. Only for today. Mina-ah, enjoy the moment. this will be our last memory. Mina is trying to talk to herself. The oblivious Chaeyoung is embarrassing as she hestitately holds on Mina's umbrella holding arm. 

They walk back to their car like this, no one said a thing, enjoying the company of each other. Chaeyoung-ah, I am not for you. I am not for someone as precious as you. Let me be selfish.

" The rain has stopped."

Mina said and she pretends like she closes the umbrella and she gives the invisible umbrella back to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung laughs and she puts it in her pocket. They drive back to Seoul and chatting about their sisters on their way back to Mina's house. It will be very difficult for me as you are always around me since I came here. How should I fight alone, Chaeyoung-ah? Mina sighs.

But she hides her worries under her fake smile and Chaeyoung doesn't aware of it. They reach in front of Mina's house and Chaeyoung opens the door for her. Mina gets out from the car and she faces Chaeyoung. The lawyer said farewell and she is about to enter her car when Mina stops her.

" Chaengie? "

" Nae? "

" Thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I will always be thankful."

" It's nothing. I'm wilingly to help you."

" Nae. Goodbye."

" Bye."

Chaeyoung enters the car and she drives away. She knows that Mina is still looking at her and she feels weird. The way Mina said goodbye to her, the Goodbye sounds like a real farewell. What is this feeling? Her chest becomes tighten. No, no, I need to drive away that stupid thoughts. We are doing good. Chaeyoung tries to cheer herself up.

But she will not think that way if she sees Mina holding her tears back as she enters her house. Forgive me, Chaeyoung-ah.

And Goodbye.