Chapter 18

The Pleiades

" Bbom-ah."

Chorong inhales as she is trying to choose the best words.

" Do you remember that I have something to tell you when it is the right time? "

" Yes, I do."

Bomi seems she is unaware of the situation. Chorong nods.

" I think it is the time. We need to talk, Yoon Bomi."

Bomi's facial expression changes as Chorong uses her fulll name. Chorong makes Bomi sit on the couch and she sits on the opposite one, they are now facing each other.

" What is it, unnie? You are making me worried."

" Today, I'm telling you about my family."

" Ok."

Chorong is looking at Bomi and the younger girl is paying full attention to her. She is too innocent in this. But she needs to know the truth.

" My family, lived in Busan 12 years ago. Our Appa's name is Kwon ByunSeo, he was a very kind man as he adopted all 7 of us. We lived happily under his protection until the storm destroyed our house. Appa, your father and Mr.Takasa were best friends at one time. And they built Paradise together."

" What? Appa had some close friends? This is strange. Why he never told me? "

" Because your appa and brother did a huge mistake. They had many illegal works in the shadow and it made Appa and Mr.Takasa to part ways with your father. One day, they came to our house and asked for the shares that appa was holding. And at that night, they shot him down in front of us and then, burnt down our house."

" What? Unnie, it's impossible."

Bomi can't believe what she is hearing. She shakes her head and tries to smile.

" Unnie, my appa and oppa are very kind persons. They won't do such things. There must be some mistake."

" Bomi-ah, I saw that your brother shot my appa with my own eyes. He has an Omega tattoo on his forearm, right? "

Bomi opens and she tries to talk back but nothing comes out. She shakes her head and then covers her face with her palms. Then she inhales and looks up at Chorong.

" Unnie, so what do you want? Hmm? What will you do with Appa and Oppa? Hmm, unnie? "

" I will ask for justice from them."

Bomi jumps down from her seat and she crawls towards Chorong, kneeling on the floor, holding her hand.

" Unnie, I will do anything you want. But please don't hurt them. You know, Appa is sick. He is in hospital. And Oppa, he needs to be here. What if, what if, something bad happens to him, Appa will be very sad. Unnie, I'm begging you."

" Bomi-ah, they destroyed our house. I need to take revenge on them as I am the most responsible person here." 

" Unnie, please. I know this is too much but can't you spare them? I will- I will go talk to them and, and, and we can give you the company if you want. Please, unnie."

" No, we have been waiting for too long. We will definitely send them to jail."

" Unnie, please."

" No, Bomi. I can't."

" So, you entered the company on purpose, right? "

" Yes, I did. But the part of the story with you is not on purpose. If I knew that you are the daughter of the enemy, I won't come closer to you."

Bomi bites her lips and she lowers her head, she is still kneeling on the floor while holding Chorong's hand. Her eyes are tightly closed and she is putting her forehead on back of Chorong's hand. Chorong can feel the fast hot breathing of the younger and she feels some raindrops on her hand. 

She knows Bomi is crying but she controls her hand not to touch the girl. Bomi can finally control herself and she raises her head again and tries to smile.

" Unnie-ah, I also have to choose my family as you chose yours."

" I understand. We can't be together."

" I know."

Bomi bites her lip hard so that Chorong will not hear her cracked voice. 

" Let's break up, Bomi."

Chorong whispers. She has to turn her head to the other side and closes her eyes to control the near falling tears. Bomi smiles and she nods for numerous times. She can't reply so she just keeps nodding her head. She pads Chorong's hand that she has been holding and nods.

" I'm going. Next time, when we meet will be at the meeting or the trial. Thanks for everything."

Chorong stands up from the seat and she enters the room to take her bag. And she leaves the house. Bomi is still at that spot and she is closing her eyes to gain her control. But she can't help anymore. Tears start falling down and she is biting her lip as she doesn't want to make any sound.

Why? Why this is happening to me? Why Appa and Oppa are bad guys? No, I don't believe. I have to seek for the truth. They can't be. There may be some mistakes. Bomi thinks and she shakes her head.

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh."

She angrily hits the floor with her fists, till they are covered with blood. She is breathing heavily and sitting lifelessly as she is staring at nowhere on the floor. She knows there is nothing she can do at that moment.

Famliy vs Love? Huh? Life is giving her a test now.

 

 

 

xxx                         xxx                           xxx

 

 

 

It's been a week Mina has been dating with Choi Minho, but they still didn't have a chance to meet privately. They both are busy and Mina has to wait for a good moment to get what she wants. She enters into her office and Sana follows her.

" Miss."

" Yes, Sana-Chan."

Sana sighs and she puts an envelope on her desk.

" Your handsome lawyer gave me two days ago. But you didn't come to work so I didn't have a chance to give it to you."

Mina takes a glance at the envelope and it is written " Resignation Letter " on it. Aww, Chaeyoung-ah, I am really sorry. She thinks but she pretends like she doesn't care and tells Sana to leave it. The assistant seems she is not happy with her reaction.

" Miss, you should show more reaction than this. I mean you and Lawyer Son are at least good friends. You should not be as cold hearted as right now."

Sana said and Mina looks up her.

" I know what I am doing. Thanks for the advice."

She said and the assistant shakes her head. She then leaves the office leaving Mina alone. Mina sighs as she is staring at the resign letter. It is too hard for me, but I need to keep you safe. She thinks and she decides to give a call to Choi Minho.

" Hello, Minho-sshi? Are you free? "

" I am at Violeta hotel for the meeting. Wanna come? "

" Yes, I will be there."

Mina hangs up and she picks up her bag. She walks out from her office and Dahyun also stands up to follow her but she refuses her politely.

" I'm ok. I'll go by myself."

And she drives her car to the Violeta hotel. She enters the hotel and she sees the man, waiting for her. She walks to him and he greets her by holding her by her waist.

" Sorry, I have been quite busy these days. Appa has discharged from the hospital and I have to take care of him."

" It's fine. I know you are a busy man."

He smiles and talks her to the dining room where he has been meeting with his co-partners. Mina has to smile and greet everyone as he introduces her with them. Mina takes down mental notes for the names of the partners as they will be useful for them one day if they want to take over the Paradise.

At that time, Mina sees someone walks in the dining room with a crew of her people. Son Chaeyoung is as busy as ever. She is smiling and talking about something with her new client as they walk in. Mina can't control herself as she is staring at the girl and Chaeyoung also notices that someone is staring at her.

She looks around and notices Mina's presence. Their eyes meet for a few seconds and Mina is about to smile at her but Chaeyoung turns to the other side like she just had eye contact wiht a total stranger. Ahh, I have been expected this but it is too hurt to handle. Mina thinks. She keeps watching the lawyer disappearing from her sight and she tries to focus on the conversation she is having with these people.

After they have finished with their meeting, Choi Minho said he will go back to his company. Mina decides to follow him thinking it as a chance. She is driving her own car while the man is coming back with his own. Mina takes out a USB from her purse.

" This stick has a programme, Mina. You run in the computer and it will copy all the data in it. You just need a click for install."

She remembers what Jeongyeon told her. She inhales and talks to herself. It's now or never, Mina. I have to do it for the family. And she parks the car in the parking lot.

" What should I do? I have to go a meeting. Should I cancel it? "

" No, no. You just go. I will wait for you here."

" It will only be thirty minutes. I will make it quick."

" Alright."

Mina said with a smile and he nods. And he and his secretary leave the room, leaving Mina alone in the office. Mina waits for a good few minutes, making sure that no one is coming and she looks around. Ok, there is no CCTV here.

She stands up from the seat and walks to the laptop which is put on the desk. Mina inhales and she opens it, watching the door as she is afraid that someone might come in and catch her.

She take a quick galnce at the folders and most of them are for works. But she notices that there is a folder named Private and she tries to open it. But it is asking for password. Damn, I have no time. I will just copy the files.

She puts the stick and the install button pops up. Mina presses the install button and the programme is running by itself. And as she is watching, it starts downloading all the data in the computer.

50%... Ok, it's almost done.

" What are you doing? "

At that iime, the door is opened and Mina hears Choi MInho's voice. She is frozen at the spot and doesn't know what to do. She clears and forces a smile as she turns around and hugs the man who is about to come to the desk.

" I was looking at your things. I wonder why you love so much about jade."

Mina quickly made up a story of Jade. Yes, this man seems he really loves Jade. There are too many things in his office which are decorated with jade. He smiles as he hugs her back. 

" Yeah, I love them. I will gift you some jade stuffs for your house if you want. We can go and choose one day."

" Ok."

Mina sees that it is 99% now from the corner of her eyes. At that time, he pushes her to the desk and she is now leaning on it. She tries to find the USB with her hand backward and removes it, puts it securely in her hand. And she pretends to push the laptop accidently and closes it back.

The man is busy with playing with her hair so he doesn't aware of the actions Mina is doing. He is now putting her hair to the right shoulder as he tries to kiss her on the neck. Mina pushes him away.

" Hey, we are at work. Not here."

" Why? This is my office and no one will disturb us."

He said but Mina shakes her head and she picks up her bag, secretly puts the USB in her hand into it. She then smiles and said.

" I'm going back. Let's meet again when you have time."

" Leaving? Why so sudden? "

" I feel a little dizzy so I want to take a rest."

Mina said and she walks out of the office. She is excited and her heartbeat is racing but she is glad that she can successfully finish her mission. She enters her car and takes out the USB she has put in her bag.

" I think it will hlep us. I will give it to Jeongyeon unnie. She will check it and may be we can arrest that monster."

She whispers. She is now feeling disgust to herself as he has been touching her. I am not as pure as I was before. I am not for you, Chaeyoung-ah. She sighs and she starts the engine.

At that time, Choi Minho is sitting on his chair and opens his laptop. His eyebrows furrows when he sees that his folders are opened. What the- Mina Myoui. He hits the table in anger and takes out his phone to make a call.

" Hey, Viper. I need you to do something for me. Search the data's about Mina Myoui. And inform me as soon as you get."

He is breathing heavily as he is too angry. So, she is trying to get into my computer? What does she want? Who is she? Why she is doing this? I will get the answer and let's see what I will do. He thinks.

 

 

 

 

xxx                            xxx                                xxx

 

 

 

 

" Jeongyeon unnie. Here is the USB."

" Thanks, Mina-ah, you have done something big."

Jeongyeon said as she takes the USB from Mina. The six girls are now at Irene's house as it is the biggest place for all of them. It seems the sisters are having bad days. No one is in happy mode except Eunji and Eunbi.

Eunbi leans to Eunji and she whispers.

" Unnie, why everyone is sad? "

" I dont know. May be they have fought with others. Let's brighten the mood."

Eunji said and Eunbi nods as she agrees.

" Unnie's-ah, Dongsengs-ah, now is the time to talk. What is happening to you? You guys seem so down. Tell me and I will give you free counselling. Honest talk time like the old time!!! "

The sisters look at each other and they also notice that they have been silence in bad mood. Finally, they end up drinking the wines bottles in Irene's house that she received as gifts but she doesn't remember from whom.

After drinking for about half an hour, Chorong sighs as she decides to talk to her sisters. Well, this is what family stands for, right? We have to listen what they want to say.

" You know my girlfriend, Yoon Bomi? "

Everyone shakes their heads but Chorong doesn't care as she continues.

" We broke up because she is the daughter of Choi Jinho. I mean, not a biological daughter but her mother married to that man and so it means that she is the family member of our enemy."

" Oh, unnie, this will be so hard for you."

" Yeah, we love each other but we both know we can't be together. And I broke up with her last week before I quitted from my job."

" You did the right decision, unnie."

The sisters feel sorry for Chorong. It seems like the fate is playing wiht them. The eldest is smiling bitterly while she is drinking one shot after another. Irene puts the glass in her hand on the floor with a strong force making everyone jumps in surprise.

" I don't know why she has to do like this."

She said loudly.

" I mean I am the hallyu star Bae Irene, everyone's dream angel. But it seems she doesn't care about me at all. She left me in the middle of our love story and followed that nine tailed fox, Lee Sunmi."

" Sunmi? Wow, she is so y. I love her! "

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon, do you want a death wish? "

Irene shouts and Jeongyeon shuts up as she doesn't dare to face the furious Irene. Eunji knows that it is her turn so she said cheerfully.

" Indeed, I am happy with my life, I have you guys and I have Naeunnie. This girl is very kind to me. We both love to live in a simple life and it seems we are meant to be. Except one thing."

She seems she is embarrassed to say it but she dares herself and tells her sisters.

" But I still haven't confessed her. I don't know how to. I know she is waiting for me but I have no courage for this."

Eunji ends up her story and everyone feels envy for her.

" You will find the right moment. Just wait for it and tell her how you feel."

" Nae, I will do it."

Eunji said. And she looks at Eunbi, signaling that it is her turn. The younger girl is smilng shyly and she tells them about her lover.

" Hyewon is a cute and clumsy girl. She loves me a lot, too but sometimes, she is too stupid. You will not believe how she ended up with me. She thought that I was a call girl and she was after me because she thought my CPR for her as her first kiss."

" Huh! Is there someone that much stupid in this world? "

" Yes, she is. And all she wants to do now is marrying me."

" WHAT!! "

The five girls shouts in unison and they laugh how crazy that Hyewon girl can be. It seems like Eunbi is dating with a kid.

" Yah, your turn, Yoo Jeongyeon."

" I have nothing to say. By the way, I have a clue about Chaeyeon. I checked the lists of the children who were adopted during 2010 and I also checked the ones who made their new identities. Now, it is only left about 10 families and after I have confirmed them, we will find Chaeyeon."

" What a great news."

" But what about Nayeon? Don't you like her? "

Chorong blurs out and everyone becomes curious who Nayeon is.

" Ah, Nayeon is the witness girl who has been living at our house as she needs some protection."

Chorong explains and everyone is waiting for Jeongyeon's part of explaination.

" There Is nothing between us, unnies. I mean she is a tourist here. She has to go back after all these things. Her daily life is in Italy. Not here. Not with me. What is the purpose of making us if it is nothing since the start."

" Why are you thinking like this, Jeongyeonie? "

" No, unnnie. I don't want her to be guilty to leave me or I don't want to see her sad. She is already cute and lovely with her bunny style. I don't want to get that bunny and put it in the cage. It will be too cruel for her. Let her be running freely as she likes."

Jeongyeon said and everyone sighs as they can feel her sister. Mina takes the bottle and she drinks it before she tells her story.

" Son Chaeyoung, she is the savior to me. She was always there whenever I need someone. But I pushed her away because I don't want her to get hurt. I am messing around with Choi Minho and if he finds out, I'm afraid that he will hurt her. Today I met her at the hotel, she seems to be ok as she is working normally. But the way she looked at me like strangers, is too hurt. I can't handle that pain."

She starts crying and the sisters feel sorry for the girl. They move closer to her and make a group hug. Chorong tires to cheer her sisters up.

" We are doing this for Appa. We have to do this .We need to bring justice for him."

" Nae."

" Let's drink to end!!! "

Eunji shouts and they raise their glasses again. They decide to go back to their houses when it is almost midnight. Jeongyeon and Chorong go back with their car and Mina took Eunji with her. She stops the car in front of Blossom cafe and Eunji gets off. She then knocks on the mirror and Mina pulls down it. Eunji whispers.

" Actually, Chaeyoung is not ok, too. Naeun said that she has been sleeping at her office for a week. Her family is worried for her but it seems she is too stubborn to go back home."

" ... "

" Bye, Mina. Goodnight."

" Bye, unnie."

Mina drives away her car and she doesn't know but she ends up under the Son Lawfirm. Well, since I am here, let's give a check on her. Mina thinks and she walks up to Chaeyoung's office by the elevator.

Mina enters the black dark office. The only light in the room comes from the opposite building by the glass windows. After her eyes getting used to the dark, she notices a small figure lying on the couch. Mina slowly walks to her and she sits silently on the floor beside her.

Did Mina ever mention about Chaeyoung's side profile? It is too gorgeous and too perfect. Mina is watching the sleeping girl silently as she doesn't want unnecessary dramas if she wakes up. The way opens a little, the way her eyebrows arch, ...

" Minari~"

While Mina is thinking, Chaeyoung murmurs her name and Mina knows that the girl may be dreaming about her. She is happy as well as heart broken to see this. She raises her hand and moves closer to the sleeping girl. She wants to touch her but she is afraid that she might awake her so she just cups her face in the air without touching her.

Chaeyoung-ah, I'm so so sorry.

She stands up, putting the coat on the floor on Chaeyoung's body and before she can control herself, she is now leaning over the girl, her lips are about to touch the sleeping girl's forehead, it will be a quick peck but it will wake up her. No, she moves down a little, she ends up on her pointed nose, even the hot breathe from Chaeyoung is hitting on her lips. No, Mina. Don't. Mina moves down again and this time, she stops right above her strawberry lips.

They are just like the same she knows. They are coated with strawberry like lipstick and parted a little. Kissable. But, she can't. Mina stands up and she covers , afraid of making any sound which will wake up Chaeyoung. She walks out from the office and runs into the elevator.

She ends up crying hard when she reaches into her car. It is very hurt. It is too hurt for her to handle. How she can continue her days if she knows that Chaeyoung is not ok because of her?

But this is for the family. Love is nothing when it is compaerd to life. My job here is to get revenge. I have to stay strong. But what about Chaeyoung? She is too innnocent with all these things.

Mina doesn't know she is doing right or wrong anymore.

 

 

 

xxx                      xxx                           xxx

 

 

 

 

Eunji is walking out from the changing room as her duty ends here. She has packed all her things in her yellow backpack and she walks out of the hospital to go and take her bicycle.

" Wait."

Eunji turns around and she sees the man she hates most at her back. Choi Jinho. A man in black is pushing the wheelchair for him as he moves closer to her.

" Are you Dr.Jung Eunji? "

" Yeah."

Eunji feels uneasy with talking to that man. But he smiles at her and asks politely.

" Can I have some words with you? I want to say proper thank you."

Eunji looks at the man and she decides to make things clear. She pushes the wheelchair for him and they end up in the garden of the hospital. The old man is looking away while Eunji is standing silently beside him.

" Dr.Jung, I'm really thankful for saving me."

" It's nothing. It's doctor's work to save their patient."

Eunji answers coldly. And she walks in front of the man.

" But I wanted you to die at that time. I didn't want to save you. Because I hate you from my guts."

She said, making him surprised.

" Dr.Jung, what's-"

" My real name is Kwon Eunji. Do you remember the night when you and your son came to our house and destroyed everything? I can't forget a single thing. Every night, I wake up from the nightmare about gunshot for years."

Eunji knows that tears are falling down on her face but she doesn't stop. Choi Jinho is staring at her with wide open mouth as he is in his shock too.

" When I knew that the man I saved was you, I wished I didn't. But I can't do it. My ethic didn't let me. And I know Appa won't let me, too. He is too nice and he will tell me to forgive you."

She said and the man is now crying as he remembers his old friend. He tries to hold Eunji's hand but the later shoves him away.

" I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to kill him. I just wanted to scare him but-"

" Shut up. If you really sorry, go and tell Appa you are. Huh, you are a coward. Hiding under covers for years and pretending like nothing happened? Huh? I feel shameful for you."

She wipes her tears away.

" I saved you because I didn't know that it was you. But I will still do the same and will save you even if I know that it is you. This is not because I can forgive you. But because I am a doctor and that's I should do. And my Appa will be proud of me."

She said and she walks away. Choi Jinho is left at there as he is crying for everything he had done. Later, he came back home and goes directly into his reading room. He takes a paper and pen and starts writing.

" I, Choi Jinho, had done many mistakes. I am a coward as I have been running away all my life. I can't even show my face to ByunSeo. I am tired now. I want to end this nightmare. Sorry for everything. I will take all the sins with me to my grave. Minho-ah, take care of your sister and live well."

He opens the drawer and slowly takes out his gun. Tears are falling down on his face as he feels guilty what he has done with his friend. ByunSeo-ah, I will apologize to you when we meet.

He closes his eyes and puts the gun in his mouth. And he pulls the trigger.

* Banggg *