Chapter 15

The Pleiades

* ringggg ringgggg *

Wendy extends her arm as she tries to look for her phone which she accidently left on the other side of the table. She can't open her eyes and so answer the phone without checking the caller ID.

" Seungwan-ah~~ Aren't you coming yet? "

Wendy is half awake when she hears Irene's voice from the other line. She sits up on the bed in fear.

" Irene unnie? "

" I am waiting for you. Aren't you comingggg yet? We have dance class to go. Remember?

Am I late? Wendy looks outside by the window. It is still dark. What? She checks the time on her phone and to her horror, it is only 5AM in the morning.

" Unnie, it's only 5. Why you are up so early? "

" Really? Oh, I have already woken up for a long time. I think I am too eager to dance... kekekkeke... Bye. Don't be late."

And Irene hangs up. Wendy is fully awake now and she sits on the bed with wide opened eyes.

" What's wrong with her? "

She thinks and leans back on the bed, resuming her sleep.

* ringgggggg ringgggggg *

Wendy is sleeping while hugging her phone so she jumps in surprise when her phone rings again. 

" Unnie, waeyo? "

" Seungwan-ah, can you come to me a little earlier? "

" Sure."

" Ok. I'll be waiting."

Irene hangs up and Wendy is pissed off. She checks the time and it is only 6AM. Aish, what's wrong with this woman?

She lies down on the bed again and tries to closes her eyes. She is even running to Irene and pulling her both cheeks for being so naughty in her dream.

* ringgggggggg ringgggggggggggg *

But her revenge dream is ruined when her phone rings for the third time this morning. She sits on the bed, furious, while answering the call.

" Yes? "

" Seungwan-ah, I can't sleep~, it's- "

" But I can!!! "

She shouts and throws the phone on the table beside her. She tries to resumes her sleep but she is now fully awake now. She sits up again in anger, ruffling her hair.

" That evil woman is really something!!!! "

She shouts and enters the bathroom as she need to do her morning stuffs. She drives to Irene and reaches her house at 7AM, which is too early for the usual.

* door bell ringing *

She has to wait for a few seconds and the door is opened, revealing Irene at the door.

" Morninggg."

" Morning but what's with this outfit? "

" Ah, I want to be a cuter look so I change my fashion. How? "

Irene is wearing a white blouse with cute pink skirt. She is also wearing a white beret and carrying a small bag with a chain.

" You are wearing like a teenager."

" Exactly. I want to be a teenager. Aish, am I too old? "

" Yes, you have wrinkles around your eyes already."

" What!!!!! "

Irene shouts and Wendy has to close her ears.

" I'm just kidding, unnie. You are the fairest person on earth."

" Thank you for choosing fairytale lines. But I'm not Snow White. I'm Princess Charming. Now, my manager, please drive to the dance studio. We have to do our practise."

Irene walks to the car and Wendy opens the door for her, she enters the car like a Princess and the manager girl starts driving.

Irene keeps touching her make-up on the way, making Wendy curious with what is actually happening?

" Unnie, are you ok? I think there is something wrong with you."

" Yes, I am. I have been in a sick."

" What sick? "

" Lovesick."

Irene whispers, using her voice too low for Wendy to hear. The manager girl is still curious but she doesn't dare to ask Irene again so she just decides to focus on driving only.

It is only 8:30AM when they reach in front of the dance studio, so it is not opened yet. Wendy suggests Irene to wait in the car but the older girl refuses.

Irene's pout become bigger and bigger as minutes goes by. There is still no sign of her dance teacher. She checks the time and stamps like a child.

" Where is Kang Seulgi? "

" There she is."

Wendy points to the direction in which the smart and stylish girl is walking in. Irene jumps in happiness but she remembers suddenly that she has to play cool so she clears and keeps calm.

Wendy who doesn't understand a thing is looking Irene and Seulgi alternately. Seulgi smiles at them and she opens the dance studio, Irene and Wendy follow her.

" I will go put my things. Wait here."

She said and enters the changing room. Irene ignores her words as she follows the dancer girl, totally neglect Wendy who is trying to stop her.

" Seulgi-ah."

" Nae, Joohyun unnie? "

Irene smiles widely as the younger girl calls her by her real name. She doesn't want to be Bae Irene with Seulgi. She is just Joohyun, the ordinary girl.

Irene raises her eyebrow and she asks.

" Am I pretty today? "

" Yes. Sure."

" Am I cute? "

" Yes."

" Who is more cute, me or (G)I-dle? "

" Umm? "

Seulgi is taken aback by the question. And she laughs hard making Irene pouts.

" Wae? "

 " You are too funny."

Seulgi is still laughing and Irene frowns. And she stamps her feet as she goes out from the room.

" Hey, where are you going? "

" I'm going back home. Let's cancel the class."

Irene said and Seulgi laughs. She then turns the other side to put her bag and said.

" You can go. Then you will never know that I think you are more cute than (G)I-dle or ITZY or whatever."

She never looks at Irene but Seulgi definitely knows that Irene is blushing for 200% and she will not go back home.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                 xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

" Yah~ Kang Hyewon, I don't think it will be a good idea."

" Wae?  I just want to introduce you with my friends."

" But I'm not a girl you can be proud of. I am poor, I am not from a good school. I am..."

" Enough, if they dare to say something about you, I will hit them till their teeth are out."

Hyewon jokes and Eunbi hits her arm lightly. They are now in front of a mall where Hyewon and her friends are planning to meet. They are coming by the bus as Hyewon doesn't want to make Eunbi uncomfortable if she brings her car.

When they are in front of the cinema where Hyewon and her friends are planning to meet, Eunbi suddenly stops as she is not sure wiht the idea. Hyewon smiles and she takes Eunbi's arm, linking it to hers and she smiles at the older girl.

Eunbi sighs and she smiles back but she is worried for Hyewon. What if her friends will say bad things about her? What if they make fun of Hyeown for dating with a girl like her?  

" Guys."

" Yo! Kang-Chan!"

They see three girls waiting for them. Eunbi remembers two of them, they are the ones who were making out on the night Hyewon kissed her on the forehead. Her cheeks flashes in red light as she remembers the memory.

" Hey, Yuri, Yena."

Hyewon greets. The shorter girl from the couple is staring at their linked arms and she is whispering something to the taller girl. The taller one also looks at their arms and she is now smirking. Oh, this is reallly embarrassing. 

" Who is this nature beauty, Kang Hyewon-shi?

The taller girl asks and Hyewon is nervously rubbing her nose in excitement.

" This is my girlfriend, Kwon Eunbi. Kwon Eunbi, they are my friends, Yuri, Yena and Minju."

" Nice to meet you."

Eunbi bows them. They bow back and the girl named Yuri asks.

" You seem you are older than us, which year are you from? What major? "

" I -"

" Guys! "

Eunbi is struggling about what to say. At that time, they are interferered by someone's voice and they all turn around. All the girls seem to be surprised when they see two girls walking to their direction..

" Hey, guys. Hey, Minju-ah."

" Hello, Chaeyeon-ah."

Eunbi remembers her too. She is Hyewon's nice friend. She gladly thanks to her as she always appears whenever Eunbi is in trouble. But she doesn't know the girl who is coming with Chaeyeon.

" Sakura? "

" Guys!!!!! "

Sakura shouts as she opens her arm, welcoming Hyewon and Yena in a hug. They seem to be surprised which is later turned into happiness as they return the hug. Chaeyeon walks to Minju and she whispers something to Minju which makes the pale small girl to turn into pink.

" Since when you came back? "

" It's been two days. I was staying at Jjaeyeon's house and we were quite busy so I am sorry. I didn't contact you."

The Japanese girl said as she bows 90 degrees which makes Hyewon and Yena to look at each other with wide eyes. Eunbi also notices that Yuri gives a squeeze to Yena's hand. Hmm, there must be something happening.

" Yah, Kang Chan, is this your girlfriend? Tell me now, why you are breathing heavily and exhausted when I called you on my birthday? "

Chaeyeon asks and Hyewon shows her fist.

" Shut up. We are walking a lot so I was out of breathe. Drive your dirty thought away, please."

Chaeyeon shakes her head and she puts her arm on Minju's shoulder.

" Saku-Chan, this is my girlfriend, Kim Minju. And Minju-ah, she is our childhood friend, Miyawaki Sakura. Me, her, Hyewon and Yena were friends since middle school."

" Ahh, Nae. Nice to meet you."

" You are so great at finding girlfriends, Jjaeyeon. I envy you."

Sakura said and everyone seems to be froze. But Minju does't aware of the tension as she smiles at the Japanese girl in a friendly way. Sakura suddenly pulls Chaeyeon and she drags her with her.

"You can stay close to your girl later. Now, let's go get the tickets. Yah, Kangchan, buy some drink, will ya? "

" Ok."

Then they leave for the tickets. Yena tells Yuri to stay here with Minju and she comes with Kangbi to bring the drinks.

" Yah, Kangchan, do you know Sakura has come back? "

" No, I didn't."

" Aish, she even said she was staying at Chaeyeon's house. What is their relation now? All are my false. I should not make that stupid bet."

" Shhhu, quiet, or Minju will find out."

Hyewon stops the panic Yena. Yena nods and she sighs.

" Yes, she seems she does not know about anything. Let's shut up for now. We have to talk about it with Chaeyeon later."

" Okay."

Yena nods and she carries the drinks as she shouts something to Yuri and Minju like nothing happens.

" Are you okay? "

" Yeah, I am fine but Chaeyeon is not. She messed up with something."

Hyewon lowers her voice.

" That Sakura girl is her ex. We thought she never came back so we introduced Minju with Chaeyeon. They are now together and then Sakura has come back. But they are pretending like they are just friends and we have no idea what they are planning. So, we need to ask Chaeyeon later."

" Awww."

Eunbi nods her head as Hyewon is gossiping with her. This is funny and she feels like they are really close to each other. 

" Yah, Kang Hyewon, stop sticking around your girl and come quickly. The movie is about to start."

The whole movie time is fun. The seating arrangement is Yena, Yuri, Hyeown, Eunbi, Minju, Chaeyeon and Sakura. Chaeyeon is sitting in the middle of Minju and Sakura. She has talked with Sakura last night and they agreed to continue Chaeyeon's relationship with the innocent girl. 

Sakura said she didn't want to interfere them but today, she is acting different. She was the one who told Chaeyeon to introduce her with MInju. And all she did is pulling Chaeyeon's arm and dragging her around. Now, Sakura keeps whispering to Chaeyeon about her thoughts on the movie while Minju is sitting silently and takes secret glances at them.

She knows Sakura is close to Chaeyeon but she tries to believe that it is because they are BFFs. Well, Saruka is natural bossi to Hyewon and Yena too. She can see it. May be she is over-thinking. I need to trust Chaeyeon. Minju thinks and she keeps calm.

" Here, babe."

At that time, Yena is feeding Yuri non-stop that makes everyone uneasy. They are too much lovey dovey. Hyewon pouts as she tries to feed Eunbi too. She takes glances at Eunbi and she takes some popcorn.

" Wanna eat? "

" My mouth is full."

Eunbi answers while chewing and Hyewon has to retreat her plan. Aish, Kang Hyewon, you are too stupid. She is blaming herself and thinking a way of PDA while Eunbi is really watching the movie. But even the movie has finished, she comes up with no idea.

" So what is our next plan? "

Yuri asks and they look at each other. Sakura shakes her head.

" I'm planning to stay at hotel today so I can't come with you. Jjaeyeon-ah, let's go."

" Umm? "

" My things are at your place, remember? "

Sakura said and Chaeyeon laughs in nervousness. She then looks at Minju, asking her for permission with her eyes. Minju understandingly smiles and she nods.

" Of course, you have to go."

" What a nice girl, Minju-Chan. Thanks for borrowing this Baka. See you around."

" See you."

Sakura said goodbye to them and she drags Chaeyeon and leaves them. Heywon and Yena look at each other again as they don't know what to say. Minju is lowering her head and they are afraid that she is crying or something. But she raises her head again with a smile.

" Then, I'm going home too. I have to do some homework."

" Yes, we have to go somewhere too."

Hyewon joins and Eunbi looks at her with a questioning face, shall we? But Hyewon said goodbye to them and she pulls Eunbi from there quickly.

" Why are you walking so fast? "

" Because it is too awkward. Aish, we know something is wrong between the three, and I can't dare to look at Minju. I can sense that she knows something."

She said and Eunbi nods. Even she can feel that tension.

" Where are we going next? I took a day off as you asked me for going out a date. This is too much for me already."

" Arasso. Let's go some window shopping."

Hyewon said and she pulls Eunbi to the nearest shop. They are scrolling around the mall and sight seeing everything they find interesting. And they are about to go into the arcade when someone calls Hyewon.

" Hyewon."

" Om- Omma."

Hyewon is shocked to see her mother. Eunbi quickly bows at the woman who is ignoring her but staring at their intertwining hands. Eunbi tries to remove her hand from Hyewon but the younger girl doesn't let her.

" Yah~ Kang Hyewon~"

She tries to signal Hyewon but the younger girl is stubborn enough to continue holding her hand.

" What is this, Hyewon? "

Her mother asks. 

" Come home with me. We need to talk."

" I'm on a date, Omma."

" Yah~ Just go."

Eunbi is trying her best to calm down the stubborn girl but Hyewon doesn't want to give up easily. But Eunbi removes her hand from Hyewon and she tries to smile at her.

" Go. I have to go work too."

" But-"

" Kang Hyewon, I'm waiting for you."

Her mother said and Hyewon frowns. She starts following her mother and Eunbi sighs.

" I'll call you."

" Just go."

Eunbi whispers as Hyewon keeps turning her head back at her while following her mother. Suddenly, the thought that she is not matched with Hyewon has come back to her. Did I make a mistake? She thinks.

" Kwon Eunbi-shi? "

At that time, someone calls her and Eunbi finds that it is their savior on the night of bar fight.

" Hello, Lawyer Son."

" What are you doing here? And where is your angry bird? "

She asks and Eunbi smiles.

" She went home not long ago."

" Ah, Nae."

Son Chaeyoung seems she is thinking about something. Eunbi doesn't know what to say anymore so she just gives a bow and leaves the lawyer.

" Wait, Kwon Eunbi-shi, do you have time? "

" Nae? "

And they end up in a cafe nearby. Eunbi doesn't know why the lawyer wanted to talk.

" I have a few questions for you."

" Nae."

" Are you from Busan? "

She asks out of blue and Eunbi looks at her with suspicious eyes.

" Your ascent sounds like one, so I was just asking."

Chaeyoung quickly adds. And Eunbi sighs.

" Yes, I am from Busan."

" Arasso, but I thought you were giving a wrong address when we were at the police station. It seems you are using your old Busan address."

" Actually, I was looking for my lost sisters. I always use that old address because may be they are looking for me and when they ask at the police station, they will know it is me."

Eunbi explains her reason. Chaeyoung nods.

" Awwww, that's why. How long you have been looking for them? May be I can help you."

" It's been 12 years already. And I think I will not recognize them even if I meet them. It's been really a long time. I barely remember their faces."

" Don't give up. There is always hope. If you think positive, positive things will happen. Trust me."

Eunbi smiles and says thank you for the encouraging words the lawyer is giving. After they have finished with their drinks, Chaeyoung stands up.

" I can give you a ride if you want."

" It's fine. I will take the bus instead."

" Are you sure? "

" Yes. Thank you for the drink."

Eunbi bows at her and she leaves the cafe. Chaeyoung is looking at the girl's back and she smiles. According to the data Tzuyu has collected and according to the conversation she had made today wiht Eunbi, she is sure that it is Kwon Eunbi they are lookin for.

" I need to tell the good news to Minari."

She thinks and takes out her phone to dial Mina. The phone is ringing but Mina doesn't pick it up. She furrows her eyebrows and calls again. This time, the phone has been power off. What the-

She wonders why and leans back on the chair lifelessly. Sometimes, she thinks she and Mina are ok but sometimes, she thinks they are too far from each other. Sometimes, she thinks Mina is building up her walls around herself. It is too near as well as too far to reach to Mina. It is hard to explain.

She tries to call again but the phone is still power off. Minari, what is happening to you? Chaeyoung sighs.

 

 

 

xxx                        xxx                        xxx

 

 

 

Am I really doing it? Mina is asking her reflection in the mirrror. She is wearing a black dress, red lipstick, her hair is tied high showing her y neck and jawline. She is perfect she knows but this perfection is not for the one she is longing for.

She sighs and tries to force a smile. And she picks her purse and comes out of the house where a car is waiting for her. She enters the car and sits at the passenger seat. She knows that the man is staring at her but she pretends like she doesn't know.

" Wow, you are really beautiful. You even look like a black swan."

" Thank you."

Choi Minho praises her and she nods with a shy smile. He leans over her and helps her with her seatbelt. And then, he smiles at her sweetly. They drive to the restaurant where Minho has booked for them. Mina is silent on the way while the man is trying to make conversation with her.

C'm on, Mina. You have to get closer to him. You need to. Mina is talking to herself and she tries her best to keep the conversation alive. He seems he is happy with her response.

"  Mina-Chan, I don't know you like what kind of food so I just chose my favorites."

" It's ok. I'm glad that I have a chance to know about your favorites."

He smiles widely. 

" So, you are living alone? "

" Yes, I want my privacy so I just told my two assistants from Japan to live by theirselves."

" Hmm, it must be lonely."

He comments. Mina nods in agreements. But she suddenly remember the last visitor she had on her birthday and she smiles. What is that cutie doing now? 

" You should invite me to your house next time."

He said and Mina looks at him. He is smirking and raises his eyebrows. Then he laughs.

" I'm just kidding."

* ringgggg ringggggg *

At that time, Mina's phone starts ringing and she is surprised to see the caller Lawyer Son. Chaengie? Oh, why is she calling suddenly? 

" Pick it up. It must be something important that your lawyer is calling you."

" It's fine."

Mina quickly said and she ignores the phone. But it rings again immediately. Aish, Chaeng, don't make me weak. She thinks and turns off her phone. Minho is watching her so she smiles and explains.

" I don't want to be disturbed on my dinner date."

Choi Minho's face lits up because of this. He raises his wine glass and extends his arm to Mina. Mina smiles back and she raises her glass too.

" Cheers."

Sorry, Chaengie. I need to sacrifice myself for my family. I need evidence. I can't let myself to follow my heart. You worth more than the girl like me. Mina thinks as she feels the bittersweet taste of the wine.