Chapter 14

The Pleiades

Am I dreaming last night? Chaeyeon wakes up and her head is spinning so she can't think straight. She feels the weight on her arm and slowly opens her eyes to see the Japanese beauty falling asleep peacefully on her arm.

I am not dreaming. Chaeyeon smiles and she slowly caresses the hair of the sleeping girl. It looks like exactly the same as the past. They spent almost their time together. On Weekends, Sakura used to come and sleep over at her house.

Sakura's hair is really getting longer. It was only shoulder length when she left her. Sakura moves a little and she hugs Chaeyeon more, resting her head on her chest. Chaeyeon shakes her head. This is not right, this is-

" Jjaeyeon? "

Sakura wakes up and she smiles at Chaeyeon who is staring at her. She pulls Chaeyeon's collar and pulls down the Korean girl to her before she plants a morning kiss. Chaeyeon sighs and she sits up on the bed, making Sakura to be dumbfounded. She leans on Chaeyeon's shoulder and asks.

" What's wrong, Jjaeyeon? "

" We need to talk, Saku-Chan."

" I'm listening."

Sakura said as she keeps leaning on Chaeyeon. Chaeyeoung sighs and she holds Sakura from her both shoulders. And she pushes her away to look straightly in her eyes. These eyes are also exactly the same, staring back at Chaeyeon with too much love in them, just like the day Chaeyeon confessed. Chaeyeon has lost the words again.

" Stop staring me like this. Let's go brush our teeth. C'm on."

Sakura jumps down from the bed and she pulls Chaeyeon together with her. They enter the bathroom and do their morning things. Chaeyeon keeps looking at Sakura from the mirror and Sakura is laughing as she knows Chaeyeon has totally not changed at all. She is still the Lee Chaeyeon she knows.

They come down to the downstairs and eat their breakfast. Chaeyeon is reminding herself that it is not the same as before. Now, she has Minju already. But Sakura pulls her back to their room and they are now lying on the bed side by side, staring at each other. No, I need to make things clear.

" Saku-Chan. We need to talk."

" Yes, you are saying it twice for today."

" I- Umm, We can't- we can't be together now."

" Are you angry with me? "

Sakura asks in her husky voice and Chaeyeon closes her eyes. I need to stay strong. I am on the wrong way already. I need to fix things. I need to-

" Hmm, Jjaeyeon? Are you still angry with me? "

" No, I -"

" Then why you blocked me on social media? "

" Then why did you leave me from the very start? "

Chaeyeon shouts. She can't control herself anymore. They need to talk.

" Why did you say you will never come back? Why did you say you have to listen to your father? Why did you say that I should find someone else? "

" Jjaeyeon, I thought it would be the best for you. My father wanted me to study in Japan for the university. How could I say No to him? I was so young to decide what is the best. But, I couldn't stand. I couldn't stand the pain to lose you. I couldn't stand as I miss you all the time. So, I came back. I don't care what my father says or what he is going to do with me, all I care now is You, Lee Jjaeyeon. I love you."

" Saku-Chan. Listen."

Chaeyeon looks at the Japan girl in tears eyes.

" I- I am in a relationship now."

" What? "

Sakura is shocked by the news. She is still looking at Chaeyeon while tears are still falling on her face. Chaeyeon lowers her head.

" I'm sorry. I -"

" But, I know you still love me."

" Is it important? Now, I am with someone else."

" It is important. Don't worry. I won't interfere you with your new lover."

Sakura said while she is wiping her tears with her hand. She smiles and stands up from the bed.

" I can live my days now as I know you still love me. It is very important to me. I hope you will find your happiness."

She starts walking to the door. Chaeyeon is sitting still on the bed as she doesn't know it is right or wrong. But her heart is telling her to do something. Aish, Lee Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon jumps down from the bed and she runs to Sakura, back hugging her. She hugs the shorter girl by her neck, tightening her grip, resting her forehead on her shoulder. Sakura holds on Chaeyeon's arms, sobbing silently, tears falling down badly.

" I'm really sorry, Saku-Chan."

Chaeyeon whispers. Sakura keeps nodding, crying. She never knows that it will end up like this. She then turn around at Chaeyeon, looking up the taller girl. Chaeyeon feels heartbroken when she sees Sakura's face stained with tears. 

" Jjaeyeon, I understand you completely. Don't think for me. Find your happiness. It is enough for me to see you happy even if it is not with me. I only care for you."

" My happiness is only you, Sakura."

Sakura grabs Chaeyeon's neck and she starts kissing her hard, trying her best to give all the memories they had to Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon doesn't know things clearly. All she knows is that Sakura is hurt and she doesn't want to see it. She returns the kiss, pulling the shorter girl closer to her.

What is you definition of Love? For me, love is getting the one I love. Sorry, Jjaeyeon. Let me be selfish. I can't let you go. Sakura thinks while tears are still falling down.

 

 

 

xxx                        xxx                           xxx

 

 

 

Jeongyeon removes her shoes and enters the house. She peeks into the living room and searching for the bunny girl but she is not here. Hmm, what is she doing again? Is she out? Where is she? 

She decides to check the girl's room and she walks to there. She opens the door and finds that girl on the bed, reading a book. Jeongyeon smiles and she leans on the door, knocks on it. Nayeon looks up and her face lights up when she sees Jeongyeon. The taller girl walks into her room and sits on the edge of the bed. 

Nayeon crawls towards her and sits beside.

" I have a gift for you."

Jeongyeon said and she takes out something from her pocket.

" Here, your passport and visa."

" Wow! Jeongyeonie~ Thank you!!! "

Nayeon throws herself towards Jeongyeon and gives her a big hug. Jeongyeon is just laughing at the clumsy bunny. Nayeon sees the bunny charm on her passport and she squeezes in joy. 

" OMG!!! You are choosing a bunny. I love it. I love it! "

Jeongyeon shakes her head. 

" But you can't go back yet. You are an important witness now. You have to wait till the trial is over. This is a request from us."

" I know. I am a responsible person. I will clear things here before I go."

Then the silence takes place between them which is something new about Nayeon. She is not the type of quiet person. She will talk a lot or will annoy Jeongyeon nonstop. But she is just playing with the passport in her hand while her eyes are down and doesn't take a look at Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon is feeling sad as she knows the day for Nayeon to go back is getting nearer day by day. They are now having the evidence about Viper. The only things they have left to do is to locate them and arrest. May be Nayeon is feeling sad too? No way, she may be happy as she can go home, finally. 

Jeongyeon clears and starts the conversation again.

" So you really are the chef? "

" Yah~ Don't you believe me? "

Nayeon grabs her phone and enters her instagram.

" See."

Jeongyeon browses the photos, seeing Nayeon with the chef outfit which suits her very well. And she feels like the bunny girl is not belong here, not with her. Her life is in somewhere else. Haha, what is this feeling? Why I am sad? Jeongyeon tries to make a fake laugh.

" Yah, you really are a chef. That's funny."

" Yes, I shouldn't be stuck in this house and make food day and night for you."

" Are you happy to go home? "

" Of course, I do."

" I got it."

" Pabo."

Nayeon whispers again. Yes, I am a Pabo. Jeongyeon smiles in sadness. She stands up and Nayeon looks up her.

" I'm going to shower."

" Ok."

Nayeon resumes to crawl back to her place and takes her book again. Jeongyeon walks out of the room and she is staring at the bunny girl. You are from different world from me. I thought I know you but I really don't. You are a total stranger, Im Nayeon. And she lets out a heavy sigh and closes the door.

 

 

 

 

xxx                            xxx                              xxx

 

 

 

" Let's go, Chorong-sshi."

" Sorry, Suho-sshi. I have somewhere else to go. Please go first."

Suho nods as she refuses him for Nth time. He rubs his nose in disappointment and gives her a weak smile before he leaves the room. Chorong waits till the office door is closed and she starts to pack her things. And she comes down to the parking lot where Bomi is waiting for her.

She opens the car door and sits on the passenger seat, Bomi greets her with a dorky smile and she leans towards Chorong to secure the seatbelt for her. Chorong gladly accepts the offer and Bomi starts driving. Chorong is surprised when Bomi stops at Blossom Coffeeshop.

" What are we doing here? "

" This is the coffee shop I told you before. I love the taste of the coffee here, and the vibe gives me perfection."

Chorong smiles and she nods. Bomi rushes to her side and she opens the door for her. The younger girl seems nervous as she keeps glancing at Chorong's hand for numerous times and Chorong is laughing silently at her cuteness. And she grabs Bomi's hand, intertwines their fingers. Bomi smiles widely and she proudly drags Chorong inside the shop.

" Hello, Omo, Chorong unnie."

Naeun who is at the counter sees them and she greets immediately. Chorong greets her back and notices that Naeun is staring at their intertwined hands. Oh, Crap. Eunji will know and she will definitely tease me. Chorong thinks. But she doesn't want to make Bomi sad so she just ignores Naeun after they choose their orders and sit at a table.

" Do you know her? "

" Yes, my sister lives here. Naeun is her girl as far as I know. But she never tells me about their relationship."

" You have a sister? "

" Yeah, we are 7 actually. I am the eldest and I have to take care of them."

" You are a nice sister."

" No, I am not. I have made many mistakes and now, I am trying my best to correct them."

Naeun carries the coffee by herself and she gives them. 

" Thank you, Naeun-ah. Where is Eunji? "

" She is on duty today. She will come back at 10."

" Nae. Thank you."

Chorong smiles as she knows Naeun is a good girl for Eunji. She is really taking care of Eunji who is quiet busy with her hospital works. Bomi holds on her hand.

" I am really happy right now."

" Waeyo? "

" I feel like I am holding the world in my hand. You are my world, unnie."

" Cheesy."

Chorong is smiling nevertheless. Bomi is really cute and she is a nice person to date. 

" Unnie, I don't really know what is your problem but remember, I will always support you. Talk to me if you want to."

" I know. And I will tell you everything when it is the right time."

They smile at each other.

 

 

 

xxx                            xxx                              xxx

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung is at the TT bar with her stuffs from her law firm. They won a case today so they are making a celebration party here. She doesn't want to come as she doesn't like loud music and strong alcohol while men trying to flirt with everyone they see under the influence of alcohol.

Although the case winning team is not her team, she has to come to the party as she is the next successor of the Son Lawfirm. She needs to make a good relaxation with all the team of their Law firm. But now, she is boring to death. All she sees is the people moving their bodies with the music.

" Let me go."

At that time, she hears a voice. Chaeyoung takes a look and she finds that one of her men is grabbing the hand of a bar girl. The girl is beautiful with a nice body, but she doesn't look like a hooker. She is just wearing a shirt and an apron, she is just a waitress. Chaeyoung sighs and she walks to them to save the girl who is trembling in fear.

" What are you? let's have fun with Oppa. Hmmm? "

" Hey, stop."

Chaeyoung tries to pull away the man but he doesn't care. He shoves away Chaeyoung's hand and starts to drag the bar girl. The bar girl is trying to run away from him. He uses some force and pulls her hard, unfortunately, one of the buttons of her shirt is flew away. The girl is in terrible shock as she doesn't know what to do.

" What are you doing? Stay away from my girl! "

At that time, another girl reaches in the scene and she pushes the man away. She rushes to the girl and asking are you ok when the man walks to them and she grabs the second girl by the collar. He slaps her hard, throwing her on the ground.

" Ahhh, Kang Hyewon!! "

" Shut up, , you are coming with me."

He walks to the bar girl and tries to touch her again.

" Enough."

Chaeyoung stands in between him and the girl, trying to stop him. At that time, the girl on the ground stands up again and she grabs the bottle she sees on the nearby table. She runs to the man, hits him on the head, hard, making him passed out. She then removes  the shirt she is wearing on top and she puts it on the girl who is in great shock.

Chaeyoung laughs at the hopelessly-in-love kid. She is so brave. She likes this kind of brave girls. The bargirl is so lucky. But at that time, the security guys run to them and grab the girl.

" what are you doing? "

" We need to send her to the Police station."

The two girls seem to be shocked. Chaeyoung raises her eyebrow as she knows she has some work to do now. 

Eunbi is back to her reality when the guys pull Hyewon out from the bar. She runs after them and doesn't know what to do when they push Hyewon in the police car and take her. At that time, a car reaches beside her and the door is opened, she sees tha same short girl who tries to save her before.

" Hop in. We have to follow them."

Eunbi has no time to think, she enters the car and the girl drives, following the police car in front of them. She is really nervous and worried about Hyewon while pulling closer the shirt Hyewon has given her. 

When they reach at the police station, the girl lets her sit at a chair while she is talking with the polices. Eunbi knows that Hyewon is sent in one of the cells and she feels bad for her. This is all her false. If something bad happens, she will not forgive herself.

" Kang Hyewon."

Eunbi hears that a police is calling Hyewon's name and she runs to there. They drag Hyewon out and let her sit on the chair in front of the table where the savior girl and the ert man are already sitting.

" Kwon Eunbi, are you ok? "

Hyewon asks her immediately as soon as she sees Eunbi. But Eunbi is heartbroken when she sees the handcuffs on Hyewon. She is not to be here. This is all her false.

" This is our false. We don't want to make any worse."

The savior is talking. The man beside her seems he is not agree with her but he also doesn't dare to talk back to her. She continues.

" Please let go of them as we want to close the case."

" We can't let them go. We need someone to sign for them. This kid said she doesn't want to call her family."

The savior nods and she walks to Eunbi who is staring at her with hopes in her eyes.

" Can you contact someone you know. We have closed the case so you can go after someone come and sign for you."

" I- I don't have one."

" Kwon Eunbi, it's ok. I'm fine. I will just ask Yuri and Yena to take their uncle."

" Kwon Eunbi? "

The savior whispers and she seems she is thinking something. Then she smiles and said.

" Fine. I will take her out from here."

" Really? "

" Yeah. By the way, my name is Son Chaeyoung, a lawyer."

" Nae, thanks for your help."

The savior signs for them and finally they let them go after they have taken all the details from them. Eunbi and Hyewon walks out from the police station and they said goodbye to the savior.

" Can I have your number? I want to say proper sorry to you."

" It's no need. We are the one who need to say Thank you."

" No, Please. Our lawfirm must take the responsibility."

Chaeyoung said and Eunbi gives her number. The Lawyer said thank you and she enters her car, drives away. Chaeyoung looks at the two girls from the back mirror and she dials to her best friend.

" Tzuyu-ah, help me one thing."

" Yes, tell me."

" I will send you a number. Can you please find information about the owner."

" Sure."

" Thank you. I owe you, buddy."

She hangs up and smiles. Minari, I think I have found one. But I will make sure if it is really her or not. Chaeyoung is smiling proudly to herself.

At that time, Eunbi looks at Hyewon worriedly but the younger girl just shows her a dorky smile, which makes Eunbi relieves. And they walk away from the police station.

At the same time, a car is rushed to the police station and Jeongyeon jumps out from the car. She enters the police station with the lightening speed and asks.

" Who called me? I got an inform that someone named Kwon Eunbi was here."

" I do, sir."

One of the polices said and Jeongyeon walks to him.

" Show me her data."

The police gives her the data he has printed. Jeongyeon takes a look and she is frozen when she sees the personal identification data of the girl named, Kwon Eunbi. She used the same address of their old house in Busan. 

" Where is the data of other girl who has some together with her? "

" Here. But we just checked it out and found that it is a fake."

" What! "

Jeongyeon hits the table in anger. 

" Where are they now? "

" They have just left five minutes ago."

" Thank you."

Jeongyeon runs out of the police station again and she looks around the station, but there is no one on the road. She puts her arms on her waist in anger and lets out a sigh.

Her sixth sense is telling her that it is her unnie, Kwon Eunbi, but she is now nowhere to be seen. I will find you, unnie. She is makng a mental promise to herself. 

 

 

 

xxx                               xxx                                xxx

 

 

 

Eunbi and Hyewon are sitting on the bench near the police station. They feel awkward and do not know what to say after the disaster they have been through. They sit in silence waiting for the best moment to start the conversation.

" Kang Hyewon-"

" Yah-"

They both said in unison and they laugh in embarrassment. Hyewon's gaze reaches to Eunbi's feet and she notices that the girl has lost one of her shoes.

" Yah, why are you so clumsy? Where is your shoe? "

" I don't know. May be I have dropped it in the bar."

" Aish, wait for me here."

" Where are you going? "

" Just wait."

Hyewon runs away from there, leaving Eunbi alone at the spot. She sighs as she feels sorry for Hyewon. She has been in trouble because of her. If she should listen to Hyewon and stop working at the bar, Hyewon will not be in the fight. This is all because of her.

" Kwon Eunbi!!! "

Her thoughts are cut when Hyewon shouts her name and waves at her from the other side. Eunbi laughs at the dorky attitude of the girl as she skips her way to Eunbi. She is carrying a bag in her hand. She takes out a box from the bag and Eunbi sees a pair of new shoes in there.

" Why are you buying everything? I can go and find the old one."

" What? You still want to go to there after all of this? "

Hyewon asks while she is taking out the shoes from the box. She puts the box on the bench and kneels down in front of Eunbi, making the older girl widens her eyes. She then removes Eunbi's old shoe and she carefully puts on the new ones, making the tie for her in a cute little ribbon.

" Done. It's pretty on you."

" Yah, Kang Hyewon."

Eunbi is now staring at her with tears eyes and Hyewon smiles. She holds both of Eunbi's hand in hers.

" Why are you crying? Do you like the shoes this much? "

" Pabo-ah, what are you talking about? Who cares the shoes?"

Eunbi slowly touches the wound at the corner of Hyewon's lip. Her cheek is still in slight red. She can see it.

" Is it hurt? "

" Not that much. I hit him so hard so I'm satisfied. Hehehe."

" Why you are doing all of this? "

Eunbi asks. She dares herself to look Hyewon in her eyes. Their eyes meet and Eunbi can see the heartfelt words in Hyeown's brown orbs. She may be a girl with bad mouth but Eunbi can feel her love. She tries to push away her but she keeps coming back, like a magnet.

Eunbi holds on the collar of the shirt Hyewon is wearing and she pulls the younger girl closer to her, suddenly landing her lips on the younger girl. Hyewon is surprised by the sudden action but she returns the kiss. Eunbi slowly parts herself from Hyewon and teh kneeling girl looks her up.

" I will stop working at the bar."

Eunbi whispers, making Hyewon smiles in satisfaction.

" And I love you, Kwon Eunbi."

She stands up from the ground and puts her hands on Eunbi's shoulders, trapping the small girl in hers. She is staring at the blushing girl with so much love and slowly leans in, captures Eunbi's lips again. Eunbi puts her hands on Hyewon's collar again for support, pulling the taller girl down to sit beside her.

They are enjoying their moment too much, forgetting about the surrounding. And they fail to notice that a car is watching them from the other side. Inside the car, Mrs.Kang who has come back from her friend's house is furious with the scene she has seen. Who is that girl? I need to do something about it. She thinks.