Chapter 3

i like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coincidence, you supposed. You rested your arms on your table, scanning the class. Since you sat near the window, you could scan the entire class with just a glance. Everyone was minding their businesses while you continued reading the horror webtoon that you couldn't finish in the bus. It was embarrassing of course but you could not stop thinking about the possibility that you might meet him again anywhere in school. You stopped reading and heaved a sigh of frustration that filled your throat a while ago. 

"Hey take it easy...I believe he thought you are weird that's all" Seulgi commented as she took the seat across you.

"You will never know how I feel" you replied, looking away. 

"But Meari, if you think about it, isn't it memorable to have this kind of memories during the last day of school" upon hearing this from Seulgi's mouth, you were definite that she was teasing you. You scowled at her and began shoving your pencil case and book into your bag.

"Let's just go. I don't want to talk to you" as soon as the bell rang, you slung your bag over your shoulder. You saw students dispersed from the class one by one, bidding goodbye to one another as today was the last day of the semester. You wrapped your arms around Seulgi and patted on her back.

"I believe we will be in the same class again next semester. Don't worry, Meari. We should also graduate together" you nodded in agreement as you watched Seulgi leave after bidding her goodbye. Next semester was going to be the last one before you graduate from high school. You were always lucky to have Seulgi by your side because she is and always your closest friend since the both of you had been in the same class ever since middle school. You were quite of an anti-social nerd who practiced social distancing because of a reason that most would not understand, inferiory complex. 

You sauntered along the corridor and finally reached the entrance to exit this building. You walked towards the field that led to the main entrance. Just when you were walking peacefully, a ball from the field shot towards your direction.

"Hey girl, dodge the ball!!" you heard a boy from the field probably practicing basketball shouted. By the time you tried dodging it, much to your despise, the ball hit directly on your knee that made you jerked sideways and fell onto the ground. A gasp escaped your lips as you rubbed your sore knee. You grimaced and you tilted your head sideways to find the culprit just to see a team of basketball members stood rooted. There was a huge and tall green-coloured net separated you from them. Wondering how did the ball could reach you, it must have been they played and the ball accidentally thrown out of the tall net. You stood up, gently patting away the dirt on your skirt. Your cheeks were painted red when you realised about ten of them, staring at you. Although it was quite a far distance, you felt uncomfortable. You detested this encounter. You heaved a loud sigh but when the culprit shouted something, you were brought back to the reality.

"Mianhae Meari-ssi. Could you please pass the ball back to us?" your eyes were widened when the culprit knew your name. Ohhh... It was Yuta from your class. You scowled at him, mouthing 'you're dead' but he just rubbed his palms together, mouthing 'sorry' in a not so sorry way. You ran small steps towards the ball and picked it up. When you turned around to face them once again, you saw another figure appeared behind Yuta, Heol... it was the boy you met earlier. Your lips parted, agape as your brows knitted, trying to register what the hell was happening. How come he is here? 

You managed to get a better look of his face this time. Although the sun was blinding your vision, you had to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter