Dragon Club

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jang Hyuk’s forehead creased for the nth time that day. He couldn’t shake off the feeling that he was misunderstood at the afterparty of the awards ceremony in 2013. He knew he was drunk but it wasn’t as bad as Jong Kook had said. He remembered waking up the following day in his hotel room while still wearing his disheveled suit.

 

The Dragon Club members were currently hanging out on the rooftop of the rest house that they were staying in cause the production crew requested for a break.

 

“Jong Kook-ah,” Jang Hyuk’s deep voice called Jong Kook’s attention, who was nearly drifting into another nap once more.

 

“Are you sure you got your facts straight? I’m pretty sure my drunken state would’ve at least gotten me to bed and not outside the door,” he asked.

 

When they heard this, the rest of the Dragon Club members laughed. Jang Hyuk was almost just as defensive as Jong Kook among their friends. They could tell he was internally panicking about his image as an actor.

 

“Yah, let it go. Filming’s done and we’re on a break. You won’t be able to redeem yourself anyway,” Jong Kook chuckled.

 

“He’s right. You should relax. Remember, you’re on a variety show with us. Any form of embarrassment is bound to happen,” Hong Kyung-min provoked him further.

 

Cha Tae Hyun’s loud laughter erupted, “Have you never really considered on becoming an entertainer? You know I could hook you up for 2D1N. We’re not ruthless to our guests compared to his show.”

 

“At least we get to sleep indoors and still eat proper meals,” Jong Kook retorted.

 

Kyung-min snickered, “You’d be a pabo to think one is easier than the other. They’re both tiring and horrible. Choose your poison or better yet, be on the lookout to star in a new show.”

 

Jang Hyuk ignored their teasing and was still bothered by Jong Kook’s story, “Are you sure Ji Hyo didn’t make it all up?”

 

“I told you she wouldn’t make something up. She’s not that type of person,” Jong Kook’s response suddenly became serious.

 

“Huh? What was that?” Tae Hyun cheekily grinned, with his teasing eyes targeted on Jong Kook.

“What do you mean?” Jong Kook looked puzzled as everyone’s eyes were locked on him.

 

“Spill, Jong Kook-ah. What are you hiding?” Hong Kyung-in raised his eyebrow at him.

 

“Nothing, I swear!” he raised his hands in defense. “I don’t know what’s gotten into you,” he muttered.

 

“Yah! Are you turning red?!” Hyuk, for the first time since arriving at the rest house, had turned excited as he pointed out his finger to Jong Kook’s face.

 

Jong Kook’s jaw tensed and was taken aback by their teasing, especially Tae Hyun’s infectious laughter that got him riled up. He rubbed his neck and got up to his feet, “Nothing’s going on between me and her. You should leave it at that.” He walked away from his friends and retrieved back to the kitchen to look for a snack.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter