X Word

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dream and Soul were having the time of their lives. Not only were they happy that their Appa’s friends came by to visit but they were also thrilled by the fact that their favorite samchons stayed to play. Jong Kook and Se Chan tackled Kwangsoo to the ground as Dream threw pillows on his head and Soul crushed his body against his stomach. Meanwhile the ladies, together with Dong Hoon, were busy preparing their dinner in the kitchen. Ji Hyo and So Min had lent Go Eun and Dong Hoon extra hands as the couple both shuffled between taking care of Song and whipping up their home recipe that their friends always look forward to whenever they were at their place.

 

“AHHHH!!” Kwangsoo yelped as he tapped his hand quickly on the play mat. “Tap out! I give up!!”

 

Se Chan snickered, “Waah, hyung, there’s no difference when kids or adults go against you. You’re just weak.”

 

“He’s pathetic, isn’t he?” Jong Kook chuckled, taking out his phone to capture his defeat on video.

 

Dream only laughed at Kwangsoo’s suffering and poured out his bucket of insect toys on his head.

 

“YAH! WHAT WAS THAT?!” Kwangsoo immediately sat up when he felt the toys’ sharp edges poke his face and spat the plastic cockroach that touched the corner of his mouth. The plastic toy flew straight into the ground as Kwangsoo stared at it with much disbelief of how real that fake toy looked and how tired he already was, 15 minutes in their play time.

 

He heaved a heavy sigh, “Can we take a break?!”

 

“No,” Soul mischievously smiled and hopped on his back. “Up, samchon, up!!!”

 

“Unfair! I want to ride Kwangsoo samchon too!” Dream whined.

 

“Why me? Don’t you want to get on Jong Kook samchon instead?” Kwangsoo grumbled.

 

“But he’s not tall,” Dream said. “Yeah, not tall enough,” Soul affirmed it by nodding his head.

 

“OK, I just got dissed. I thought I was your favorite samchon?” Jong Kook sulked.

 

“You still love the other kids more than us,” Dream said.

 

“Hey I thought I already said sorry for that. Am I not forgiven yet?” Jong Kook asked, recalling their mini misunderstanding on his hulk and taekwondo special for an Ugly Duckling episode.

 

“We have. It’s just that he’s more fun than you,” Dream pointed at Kwangsoo. Se Chan laughed at their exchange, “So why is that samchon more fun than this one?”

 

“He’s weak and you’re not,” Dream shrugged then attacked Kwangsoo to start a wrestling match, causing Kwangsoo to fall back to the mat taking Soul with him.

 

Jong Kook and Se Chan laughed even louder at Dream’s harsh statement.

 

“I suddenly feel a lot better,” Jong Kook beamed.

 

“Boys! Time to get ready for dinner!” Dong Hoon announced as he entered the living room.

 

“Awww, Appa! We want to play with Kwangsoo samchon!” Dream pouted.

 

“5 more minutes,” Soul demanded.

 

“You can play with him after dinner. Palli, wash your hands,” Dong Hoon firmly instructed, “Your poor samchons are starving.”

 

“Okaaay,” Dream reluctantly stood and went straight to his room while Soul frowned at his appa.

 

“Aigoo, Soul. The quicker we get dinner, the quicker you’ll get to play with Kwangsoo again,” Dong Hoon persuaded his son. Soul’s frown became deeper and his brows furrowed.

 

The boys really have a special place in Kwangsoo’s heart so upon seeing Soul’s face gloom hit a soft spot in him. Kwangsoo whispered an encouraging note in Soul’s ear which made his eyes lit up instantly.

 

“Really, samchon?”

 

Kwangsoo nodded, “Now go follow your hyung and we’ll continue this later, right?”

 

“Neh~” Soul ran and hurriedly followed his older brother to prepare for dinner.

 

“Thanks, Kwangsoo-ah. So what did you say?” Dong Hoon curiously asked.

 

“I just told him we could still have fun over dinner.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Kwangsoo kept his promise to make sure that Dream and Soul were well entertained during dinner. Unbeknownst to the adults in the room, he and the boys had a plan: Scare Ji Hyo with a fake cockroach.

 

Just as they discussed, Dream sat next to Ji Hyo while Kwangsoo and Soul took their places across them. They had agreed to pull off the prank when Dream would ask for some assistance from Ji Hyo during dinner, banking on her kindness and evident absentmindness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter