Page 29, Lie

Enchanted - a story of us -
Yonghwa, Jung
 
I cross my hands and tilt my head aside, thinking really hard about the fact that Iseul just told to me and Myungsoo.
 
At first I was slightly offended by L's statement when he blurted out that he was there for Iseul instead of me. Though I could understand if he's still mad at me since he has feeling for her.
 
Now everything has disappeared since the mystery of this man with brown coat fills my mind.
 
Really. Who is this guy we're talking about actually?
 
"Wait a minute," Iseul stands up and walks to her room. "I think I know how to solve this problem."
 
I shift my gaze to L and he looks back at me. I reach out my hand as an offer for a handshake, "Let's have a truce for now. I don't think having a cold war will give Iseul a good impression."
 
L raises his eyebrow and smirks, "Why do we even need to have a truce?"
 
I was going to scold him for being such an arrogant guy but he takes my hand and shakes it, "We never had a fight since the start, Hyung."
 
Now I feel really embarassed with myself. L is four years younger than me yet he is mature in thought.
 
"So...," he parts our handshake and rubs the back of his neck, "...I can take it as you are actually serious about Iseul Noona, right?"
 
"Aren't you, L?" I return his question and he blinks in surprise. "I think both of us are serious since we know it's not easy to fall in love with our busy life."
 
L chuckles and nods, "You're right. I'm serious. Since the first time I met her, I was enchanted to meet her, Hyung."
 
Our little heart to heart talk is stopped when Iseul walks out from her room with a photo in her hand. She puts the photo on the table to show us, "Is that the man you saw?"
 
It's a picture of Iseul, her mother, and two men. The one with black leather jacket stood next to Iseul while the one with brown coat stood next to Mrs Song.
 
"Ah!" I exclaim in unison with L and both of us quickly point to the man which stood next to her mother. "This!"
 
I exchange grins with Myungsoo before I turn to Iseul, "This is your father, right?"
 
She frowns and takes steps backward, having a seat again. She murmurs with confusion, "It's not possible..."
 
"What? What is it, Noona?" L chirps in and both of us are really confused as well. "I'm sure he is the one who met Jang Dongho. He talked about money or stuff like that."
 
That actually sounds like her father, considering I know her father left Iseul and Mrs Song with debts here and there to pay.
 
Iseul bites her bottom lip and mutters, "He's not my father. That man in brown coat you two pointed. It's Mr Park. He is my father's best friend who works as a debt collector."
 
"Eh?" once again I blurt out the word of surprise together with L.
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
Why did Mr Park meet with Jang Dongho? Why did he talk about money with him? On top of all, why did he lie to Yonghwa and pretended to be my father?
 
I really don't get it.
 
"I'm going to meet him," I stand up and grab another jacket which I put on the sofa. "I need to ask him personally."
 
"Wait! I'm going with you!" Yonghwa rushes to stand up and follows me, wearing his shoes quickly.
 
"Me too, Noona!" Myungsoo states with excitement and he almost tackles Yonghwa because he wants to wear his shoes. "Sorry, Hyung!"
 
I look at them with amusement. I hold my laughter and smile, "Don't you two have schedule or something else to do? I just want to talk with Mr Park. That's all."
 
"No," Yonghwa and Myungsoo answer at the exact same time. They look at each other and I can't hold my urge to laugh anymore.
 
"You two have a really good harmonization," I tell them as I open the door. "I will believe if someone tells me you two are best friends."
 
After make sure there aren't any of their fans who will scold me for sure if they see me with two of their biases, we take a taxi and head to Mr Park's office.
 
On our way there, I tell them everything I know about Mr Park since they're too curious about him.
 
"Mr Park is my father's best friend. They've known each other since college. That's when they also met my mother," I explain. "He started to work as debt collector while my father worked as a sales manager at a department store."
 
I continue to tell them how my father got into gambling world and finally left me with debt to pay until today. I also tell them that it's been a while since the last time I met my father in person.
 
As long as I know Mr Park is the only person who receives letters from my father, just like thet last time he came and gave me the letter which made me cried.
 
That's why I don't get his intention at all for doing this. What kind of advantage Mr Park will have by pretending to be my father and ask Yonghwa to break up with me?
 
To know that he also has connection with Dongho somehow makes me feel sad. He is one of the less people I can believe and now that I know he is a friend of Dongho, I don't know if I can believe him anymore.
 
"Park Jinsu doesn't work here anymore," the woman at the receptionist desk gives me a suprising answer. "He is fired around six months ago. Can I help you, Miss?"
 
I can't believe what I just heard. I glance at Yonghwa and Myungsoo who are hiding behind the wall so people will not recognize them.
 
"Oh," I mouth and clear my throat. "Thank you."
 
I approach the two guys who are eagerly waiting for my answer. I can only shake my head and murmur, "He doesn't work here anymore."
 
Three of us stare at the floor in silence, trying to think of something. Myungsoo is the first to give us a new option.
 
"Let's look for Jang Dongho," he clasps his hands. "Maybe he will tell us where Mr Park is."
 
"That's impossible," Yonghwa retorts with a serious look. "Just say that I know him. He is the stubborn and selfish guy who will not do anything unless it has advantage for him."
 
We're back deep in our thought once again and an idea actually crosses my mind. It sounds silly but it's actually possible.
 
"Let's go," I give a sign for them to follow me. "We need to meet my mother. She may know how to contact Mr Park."
 
"Does he visit your mother often?" Yonghwa asks as we step out from the building. He stops another taxi and we hop inside.
 
"As long as I know, no, he doesn't. He never visited her actually," I answer. "That's if my mother doesn't lie to me."
 
Knowing that my mother still cares about my father in her own way, I don't think she will tell me if Mr Park visits her and tells her news about my father.
 
My mother knows that I don't really like my father and she probably will hide the fact that she knows what my father is doing from Mr Park.
 
Once the taxi stops in front of the hospital, we rush to my mother's ward just to find a man with brown coat is standing close to the door.
 
"I know you must be looking for me," he fixes the position of his glasses with his index finger. "What a surprise to see both male idols here with you.
 
I clench my fists, holding back my urge to snap at him with all my might, "Mr Park."
 
He better has a good explanation for me.