Page 4, Again

Enchanted - a story of us -
Yonghwa, Yong
 
I lean my back against the sofa, reading the script carefully. I just received the script this morning and I need to consider whether I'm going to take the offer for the new drama as the main role or not.
 
The story line is interesting and my character is not the quiet or cool one. I will be a naive and easy going man who falls in love with an actress who is well known as the Ice Queen.
 
"You will be starring in a new drama?" Iseul's voice interrupts my concentration. She just came out from the kitchen, taking a bottle of strawberry milk for me. She puts it on the table and sits on her usual seat, "You must be really busy."
 
"Kind of," I let out an awkward smile. Why does it feel really difficult to act as my usual self around her? "That's why I come here."
 
When I'm at her apartment, I feel better. Not that I don't like to spend my time with the other members of CN Blue but they have their own activities and I guess I just don't like to be alone.
 
Even though I don't talk much with Iseul, her presence is more than enough. When I need to be alone, I prefer to come to her place with the spare key. She never complaints about my silence and it looks like she always knows when to open up a conversation with me.
 
Let's say that she is indeed the perfect partner for me in this deal. I'm glad that I chose her. Really.
 
"It must be really tiring," she props her chin on her upturned palms. "I guess that's why you're loved by your fans."
 
With that compliment, I can't help myself to smile, flattered by the simple but sincere compliment. I guess I rarely smile in front because of her because she chuckles softly at my reaction.
 
"You really need to smile often when you're with me," she gives me another smile, just like the one she always has everyday. "Or is it really annoying to be with me?"
 
"Ah, it's not like that!" I quickly blurt out. When I realize that I raise my voice, I quickly cover my mouth. I am really awkward, right?
 
"It's alright," she mutters calmly. "I'm just trying to figure out what kind of girlfriend you really want. Do I need to watch your drama to find out about it?"
 
Iseul is considered as one of the best applicants for the deal because she doesn't have any interest in entertainment world. She listens to music but she doesn't have any specific idol. She said that she's too busy working to earn money instead of watching drama or TV show about idols.
 
She heard of CN Blue but she didn't try to remember the members' faces until she agreed with our deal. I'm not sure that she can recognize idols if she meets them somewhere.
 
"You don't need to," I tap my fingers on the script book. "Just... Just be yourself. It's enough."
 
Sometimes I do think about it. Iseul is a really nice girl. I don't know her history except the fact that she works really hard for her mother but I'm pretty sure that she loves her family. If she doesn't, why does she even bother to take such a deal when she is not even my fan?
 
There is no day where I don't see her smile. She always greets me with a smile. Since she read my profile, she always gives me a bottle of strawberry milk, my favorite drink, whenever she has a chance. She also listens to CN Blue's songs for almost everyday.
 
If people don't know about our deal, people must think that she is my real girlfriend. However I know that she does all of those to suit her role as my girlfriend for a year; she said it herself.
 
She asked me to tell me if I was bothered by her treatment towards me since she tried to fulfill all the terms perfectly. There are times I think that she should be an actress with her acting skill.
 
I feel guilty whenever I think about it. What if she falls in love with someone else while our deal is still going on? What if she wants to be in a relationship with someone else for real?
 
Have I taken her freedom away?
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
After the short conversation between me and Yonghwa, I decide to prepare something for him to eat. I rarely cook for dinner since I always spend my dinner time at work or at the hospital.
 
Since it's Sunday and I don't have any part time job to do on the afternoon until the night come, I think it will be appropriate to cook dinner for Yonghwa. I'm not good in cooking so I make a decision to cook ramen for him.
 
While I'm waiting for the water to boil, I glance at Yonghwa. He is still reading the script. Sometimes he smiles, sometimes he frowns. He looks really deep in the script.
 
When he smiled after I told him that he's loved by his fans, I remembered the first time we took a picture together. It's the picture he attached on Twitter on the day our fake relationship was announced.
 
It's really awkward since we needed to stand really close to each other. It's not really difficult for me because I tried to portray him as an older brother that I never have. However he looked really awkward to stay close with me.
 
I don't know why he still feels awkward even after weeks. Maybe he is shy around girls. Or maybe he doesn't really like me as his partner for the deal.
 
"It's hot, it's hot," I put the bowl on the table carefully. Yonghwa lowers the script book and looks at me. "I hope you don't mind to have ramen as dinner."
 
He puts aside the script book and takes the bowl along with the chopsticks. He frowns and tilts his head, "Where is yours?"
 
"I'm not going to have dinner," I rest my chin on my hands, waiting for him to eat the ramen. It's the first time I cook something for him so I want to know his reaction. "Don't worry. I don't put anything weird in it."
 
"Why are you not going to eat?" he puts down the bowl and stares at me. "Did you have dinner yet?"
 
"I'm going to my part time job in fifteen minutes and I'm not really hungry," I answer him honestly. "You better eat it before it's cold."
 
"A part time job? This late? On Sunday?" he looks really surprised with my answer. "Yah, is the amount for the deal not enough for the hospital expense?"
 
"It's enough but I still have to save money for my future, right?" I swing my feet back and forth playfully. "When my mother has fully healed, I want to fulfill all her wishes."
 
There are seconds of silence and I have a bad feeling about it. When he opens his mouth to say something, I state firmly, "You don't need to pity me. It's my choice and I know the consequences."
 
"I think I need to go now," I stand up, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. "Enjoy the ramen. You know what to do if you want to leave."
 
Yonghwa is a good person and I don't want to use his kindness to help me. I don't want him to raise the amount of money for our deal. I already have too many advantages and I don't want to be dependent with the deal.
 
Life is hard and I know it.
 
 
Myungsoo, Kim
 
I walk back and forth in front of the restaurant, feeling anxious that someone will recognize me. I fix the position of my glasses and stop all of a sudden.
 
"Maybe I should ask," I murmur to myself. I take a deep breath and push open the door, looking around to find the person I want to see.
 
"Can I help you?" a waiter asks me politely. Perhaps he is wondering why I'm standing at the door instead of taking a seat. "Are you looking for your friend?"
 
"Ah, I-" I pause for seconds, thinking about the proper question to ask. "Does Iseul work here?"
 
"Iseul? Song Iseul?" he repeats the name and I give him a nod. "Ah, she doesn't work on Sunday. Is there anything you need from her?"
 
"No, it's alright," I mumble and bow. "Thank you."
 
I walk out from the restaurant and heave a sigh. I finally gathered my courage to meet her but she is not at the restaurant. I want to thank her for the strawberry milk properly.
 
Since I'm already outside and I don't feel like I want to return to the apartment too fast, I try to find a mini market to buy snacks for the other members.
 
"Special performance by the number one indie band!" someone promotes while distributing brochures to people who walk pass her. "Free drink if you bring this brochure!"
 
I stop and try to focus my sight. If my eyes don't deceive me, I know exactly the person who is giving away the brochures with loud but soft voice.
 
I approach her and a smile forms on my lips while she is busy explaining about the performance to a couple. After she is done, I ask her, "Can I?"
 
"Sure, here you-" she turns around to hand over the brochure but she stops when our eyes meet. She gasps in surprise but, as usual, her eye smile never fails to amuse me. "Looks like our paths cross each other more often."
 
"What a coincidence," I smile wider. "Do you work here or...?"
 
"Part time job," she answers and gives me a brochure. "I'll talk to you after I'm done with these or my boss will lecture me but if you're in a hurry the-"
 
"No," I immediately tell her. "I'll wait for you. Take your time."
 
Iseul gives me a smile and returns to her work. I walk away, leaning my back against the wall. I still can watch her from my stand, giving the colorful paper with bright smile that never disappears.
 
It's almost 8 PM and she still has the spirit to keep that kind of smile even though her task is just to give the brochures. I notice a night club nearby where the performance will be held.
 
After around ten minutes, she has finished with her task. When her eyes finds me, she gives me a sign for me to wait for a while so she can talk to her superior. I watch a woman with thick make-up counts some amount of money before putting them in a brown envelope and gives it to Iseul.
 
"I'm sorry for making you to wait," she bows slightly to me, stepping closer to me. "We meet again... Myungsoo, right?"
 
From her reaction, I have a feeling that she still doesn't know that I'm actually an idol. This is quite interesting and surprising at the same time.
 
"Yeah, Myungsoo," I grin with the thought. "Iseul, right?"
 
"Iseul it is," she chuckles and steps forward. "I want to buy something to drink. Do you want a strawberry milk?"
 
She remembers. I chuckle and walk side by side with her, "Thank you for the strawberry milk when I had dinner at the restaurant. I don't think it's from the restaurant. Am I right?"
 
Iseul laughs softly, "I did owe you one before, right?"
 
I stare at her while my mind is trying to figure out why she looks different from the other girls I've met before.
 
Iseul is not really beautiful but her eye smile is completely flawless. She is not the cutest one either but I just need one time to remember her face.
 
After I paid for some snacks and she bought a dozen of strawberry milk, we step out from the mini market, heading to the direction where she walks.
 
"Take one," she gives me a bottle of strawberry milk. Her lips stay as a curve, a simple one that can make me to smile along.
 
"Thank you," I take it and study her expression while she is drinking a bottle as well. "You really like strawberry milk, don't you?"
 
"Not really," she answers, taking another sip of the drink. When we reach an intersection, she stops and turns around to face me, pointing to a direction which is the opposite from my apartment, "I'll go this way. How about you?"
 
As much as I still want to talk with her, I know it's really late and the others will be worried about me. I rub the back of my neck and glance at her. How can I tell her that I still want to spend more times with her?
 
Before I can find the right words to say, she takes a step closer to me and tiptoes to pat my head gently, "See you around, Myungsoo."
 
I try really hard not to blush as she walks farther from me, waving to me, "Good night. Be careful on your way back."
 
It's not the first time that someone patted my head but her touch feels really warm. Her simple gesture makes my heart to beat really fast now.
 
Song Iseul, why do I want to see you again and again and again?